PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Racing > Flatout: Ultimate Carnage
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-02-2007, 01:48 PM   #1
Stem0

Stem0's Gamercard
Beat The Bomb

I have done all events on carnage mode on gold except this one which I have only ever reached silver, so i need a lil help on how to get all the way to gold, i mean surely 2 hours is enough practise?

Well, the beat the bomb I am talking about is the final one in the flat mobile, and people complain about normal cars spinning out, have they seen this one yet?
Stem0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 11:06 AM   #2
Rore

DDRore Be's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stem0 View Post
I have done all events on carnage mode on gold except this one which I have only ever reached silver, so i need a lil help on how to get all the way to gold, i mean surely 2 hours is enough practise?

Well, the beat the bomb I am talking about is the final one in the flat mobile, and people complain about normal cars spinning out, have they seen this one yet?
i've got silver once!

Make sure you earn lots of nitro + take turns by leaning into the walls..
Its the only way I could take the turns on this high speed..

Hope this helps..

PS: sorry for my verry bad englisch.. I'm from Belgium (Europe)

Greetings!

DDRore BE

Games completed:

Retail:

FIFA 06 RTFWC, Fight Night Round 3, Open Season,
NBA 2K6, Viva Piñata, Cars, Fuzion Frenzy 2, TMNT,
Crackdown (1250), Top Spin 2, Ratatouille, DiRT™

Arcade:

Crystal Quest, Feeding Frenzy, Cloning Clyde,
Galaga, Hardwood Hearts, Hardwood Backgammon,
Jewel Quest, UNO, Bankshot Billiards 2, 3D Ultra™ Minigolf,
New Rally-X, Spyglass Board Games
Rore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 06:27 PM   #3
TwinAxes

NGC Doc Axes's Gamercard
i have this one on gold and man is it tough took me 20 attempts but worth it for the points then when you unlock the flatmobile go and do the bonus tracks

best way to do the race itself is brake and boost in and out of corners and hit as much stuff with the backend of the car so it dosent slow you down
TwinAxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 04:18 PM   #4
skuff

dj skuff's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Forza Tournament 2nd Place
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stem0 View Post

Yeah i got this one and the last carnage race left to do on gold and im done.. only tried a few times and got silver on both, but there def the trickiest ones

99999 achieved 3/4/08
skuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 07:42 PM   #5
Spykore NL

Johnny N0 Shoes's Gamercard
Got the same problem, only one left for me as well. I got to 35000 once en and then came a second or so short because I drove into a pillar in the mall. I have problems with the section just before the mall. Can't get past this properly, always bounce into something.
Spykore NL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 08:47 AM   #6
skuff

dj skuff's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Forza Tournament 2nd Place
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
i finished this last night (gold on everything now).. i found the best route to take was to go high after the first corner through the glass building on the right, then try and go through the second glass building to the left just before the 29000 mark (after the big left turn) then once your in the mall, get past the checkpoint then ride the right hand wall.. the rest is plain sailing

99999 achieved 3/4/08
skuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 12:05 AM   #7
KrauseOasis BR

very hard.. im obtain silver... no gold

KrauseOasis BR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 03:58 PM   #8
mad tees

Mad Tees's Gamercard
this beat the bomb race is by far the hardest tried it for two hours solid and still no joy got to 33000 odd and crashed in the stupid mall
mad tees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 11:06 PM   #9
EspnB

EspnB's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spykore NL View Post
I have problems with the section just before the mall. Can't get past this properly, always bounce into something.
Yeah, I had the same problem, but I braked as hard as I could just before those bends right before the mall. It's difficult to steer through there even with decreased speed, but I managed to do it. If you can afford the time to brake just there, I recommend it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skuff
i found the best route to take was to go high after the first corner through the glass building on the right
Do you mean that uphill shortcut through all the glass walls and such right after the first turn?
I found it more difficult to go through there because you can't drive over the crest with full speed, I always ended up hitting the ceiling and come to a complete stop, ruining the lap. So I tried to ease the throttle just before the crest, but then all the glass walls and objects may throw you to one side or another, so you have to be pretty lucky to actually gain time going through that one.

I found it more easy to use the left road, using all the boost and wall riding the right turn with the tyre barriers, gaining even more boost. Of course, you have try to steer to the right before hitting the tyre barrier, or else the car would go into a spin and have the nose pointing the wrong way.

For me, the most difficult part was where you're coming out of the tunnel to enter the highway. If you carry too much speed, you will automatically cut the grass and head for the left highway. But the grass is very bumpy and I always bounced everywhere, wrecking the car and ruining my lap.

I do recommend to take the left highway because there's no objects in the way, as it is on the right highway (some cones right before a jump, which can REALLY ruin your lap!). Brake a little before exiting the tunnel, preparing to go over the grass without problems. Then you can wallride all the way until the part before the mall, which is mentioned at the start of this post.

I have no idea how I pulled this off, but I'm sooo glad I did it and it's over.
EspnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 08:55 PM   #10
Codename_Falcon

Falcon Ottawa's Gamercard
I've tried for hours and still cannot get gold. Best I've done is get into the mall and crash. This car feels too light and bounces too much.
Codename_Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 01:25 AM   #11
RazgriZ FX
Banned User

RazgriZ FX's Gamercard
My problem I find the most is the thing doesnt turn at low speed & high speed.

I get to 29k which is pathetic but have only just picked this game back up after now finishing Uni, just taking turns with the misses, I get the furthest to the 29k mark on that weird right bend followed by a left, cant see past that because something always sends me into a spin.

Roll on the 20th try.

EDIT: So I've been robbed, I was in the Mall, damn car wouldn't turn, I hit "Y" to reset quickly as I'm in a wall, I'm ghosted so nothing can hit me or me hit it, I go through the checkpoint and no time gets added on!? Wtf seriously thats just lame as hell.

Now I'm just getting the same crap, 33k and run out of time, I can see a sharp left bend in the mall after that checkpoint and there is no further help on here.

Just "brake" - come on there isn't time to brake!!

Wall ride the first bend, take the left down the straight, wall ride the tire bend to the right make sure to hit right before you actually hit the tires or you will spin, boost in the tunnel riding the left side & chance the grass verge & cones, ride the left whilst boosting through the checkpoint, don't go up the ramp but go to the left of it once clear go right, ride the right wall round, either left off the gas and go right then left to straight boost or chance it through the glass building on the left which cuts the right turn out... that's as far as I get. If I do it well I won't be posting back up so take the tips above "after the checkpoint in mall near the start of it just before the bend, ride the right wall of that turn and its plain sailing after that", I wonder how much plain sailing it actually turns out to be though.

Alright fine I came back, I managed to do it after a few more trys. Basically that corner in the mall is a bitch, I didn't wall ride, I hit the checkpoint blind & a lot of luck is required in general for the whole thing but luck came into play especially here, the back end hit one of many pillars which lined me up (it helped that I was turning left anyway) ready to go left, I boosted out hit another checkpoint, its not really "plain sailing", there is A LOT of junk but just try boosting towards the checkpoints, it worked for me, I had enough time to hit reset & must have reset twice, 40k bingo, now working on getting the achievement with the bonus races.

Good luck!

Last edited by RazgriZ FX; 01-17-2010 at 02:21 AM.
RazgriZ FX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 04:32 PM   #12
SpeedxDevil

SpeedxDevil's Gamercard
I've got it today didn't take that long actually. Hug all corners. After the second corner you'll be going down a little tunnel to that highway. When halfway through that corner hug it and apply throttle in bits to slow down a little making that turn easier. Then take the left road and floor it with some nitro to gain some time. Next long corner hug that wall again and after the checkpoint BRAKE and follow the road. Then at the mall I had some spare time so didn't have to go that fast and could avoid most rubble. Then nail it to the exit of the mall and start braking just before the checkpoint cuz otherwise you'll get stuck in that corner if you hug it. Then I just put my foot down and hit the nitro for the last checkpoint and halfway to the one after that I got gold.

-> Halo 3 / Halo 3:ODST/ Halo Wars / Burnout Paradise / Flatout: UC / Army of Two
Just send me a message
SpeedxDevil is offline   Reply With Quote