PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Sports and Fitness > Virtua Tennis 4
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-04-2011, 05:32 AM   #1
UK x Jok3r x

UK x JOK3R x's Gamercard
Achievement guide..

so this is my first guide so please dont be too harsh constructive criticism is always welcome. any help will be given credit for.
ROADMAP

Overview:
- Estimated trophy difficulty: 2/10 (for the offline achievements)
- Offline: 43 870gs
- Online: 6 130gs
- Approximate amount of time to : Unknown but the offline trophies take around 10 hours
- Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1 Arcade Singles + 1 Arcade Doubles + 2 World Tour
- Does difficulty affect achievements ? : Yes, only “Great King” achievement which needs to be done on Normal difficulty (or higher).
- Missable achievements : "Famous", "Accomplished", and "Ultimate Star".
- Glitched achievements: None.
- Do cheat codes disable achievements?: No Cheat Codes available

Step 1. Play practice Mode and pop 30 balloons for "Balloon Popper".

Step 2. Start the World Tour on any difficulty and you will get "World Debut". During your playthrough, focus on getting as many Stars as possible and hire the Managers as soon as they're available because they boost the stars that you earn. You need 340 for "Famous", 550 for "Accomplished", and 750 for "Ultimate Star". These achievements are missable, if you don't manage to get enough Stars before the end of the 4th year you'll have to restart from scratch (career mode takes around 4 hours to complete). But you'll need to complete the World Tour twice anyway, more precisions later. To see which events give stars, select "View Map" and check the icons. To see how many you have earnt, select "SPT Rating". Also during your career make sure that you recruit 3 Doubles partners for "Good Partner" and that you acquire a play style for "My Style". Partners and Play-Styles carry over. The "100 Stars" for earning 100 stars and "20 Awards " for earning errr.. 20 awards should come naturaly. Finally buy 50 items for "Shopaholic" and try to earn 1,000,000 prize money for "Tycon". Don't worry, unlike the Stars, Money and Equipment carry over across playthroughs as long as you re-use the same profile. Feel free to spend your money as you like because the game remembers how much you have earnt from the beginning. The achievement popped up for me when I had only $400,000 left. If you want you can try to get the trophies related to the mini-games but it's not necessary because you can play them directly from the main menu. Completing the World Tour will net you "World Tour Cleared !". There are a lot of other achievements you can get but they're not specific to this mode.

Step 3. Play the Singles Arcade Mode on normal difficulty and do not lose a single set. You'll earn "Arcade Beginner" after beating your 1st opponent and "Great King" after beating King who shows up as the 5th one (if you lost a set or a match you'll meet Edberg instead). During your matches, try to hit as many volleys/smashes/supershots as possible. Not only do they help you win easier but they give you extra points for "Arcade Star" (earn 5M points) and "Arcade Hero" (7.7M). You will also progress through the "Power Smash" (gold) and "Super Player" (silver), among other achievements.

Step 4. Play the Arcade Doubles on any difficulty to earn "Doubles Beginner" and "Doubles Grand Slammer".

Step 5. Play Online to get "Online Debut", "First Online Victory", "Online Streak", "Online Veteran" and "Online Master".

Last edited by UK x Jok3r x; 05-15-2011 at 06:07 AM.
UK x Jok3r x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 05:33 AM   #2
UK x Jok3r x

UK x JOK3R x's Gamercard
Moneybags
Collect 1000 coins in Coin Match
This mini-game can be played in the World Tour or Party mode. Another easy and self-explanatory trophy. Of course you don't need to get all 1000 coins on the same game session, it's not even possible.

Wind Master
Pop 3 balloons in one Wind Match
This mini-game can be played in the World Tour or Party mode. Very easy

Wall Whiz
Hit a wall 5 times with the ball in one Wall Match
This mini-game can be played in the World Tour or Party mode. Use the slice to slow the ball.

Hat Tricker
Score 3 goals in a row in Ace Striker
This mini-game can be played in the World Tour or Party mode. Very easy.
Poker Face

Get 10 royal straight flushes in Royal Poker
This mini-game can be played in the World Tour or Party mode. Much easier than it seems, it's just a bit more time consuming than the other mini-games. You don't need to get the 10 Royal Flushes on the same game session.

Bomb Fiend
Detonate 20 bombs in the opponent's court in Bomb Match
This mini-game can be played in the World Tour or Party mode. Very easy. You don't need to detonate them all on the same game session.
Accomplished

Become: Accomplished
********** Missable **********.
Get 550 stars in the World Tour (see the RoadMap section). You can view your status by selecting "SPT Rating".
Ultimate Star

Become: Ultimate Star
Get 750 stars in the World Tour (see the RoadMap section). You can view your status by selecting "SPT Rating".
I ended up getting 1005 stars on my 2nd playthrough so it's very doable. Focus on the activities that give stars, and hire as many managers as possible (they're available from season 2). They give you bonus stars for 7 days. If you get 750+ Stars, there will be a 5th season where you can get even more stars and dollars. Your final opponent is King.

Good Partner
Acquire 3 doubles partners
In the World Tour, a famous player will sometimes challenge you in the mini-game "Wall Match". Just beat him and he'll become your doubles partner. If you miss one, don't worry, your partners carry over across playthroughs.

World Debut
Participate in the World Tour
Start World Tour and the trophy will popup. Don't you like them easy achievements

World Tour Cleared !
Clear the game
Clear the World Tour and the achievement will popup no matter how many stars you have.

famous
Become: Famous
Get 340 stars in the World Tour (see the RoadMap section). You can view your status by selecting "SPT Rating".

Doubles Grand Slammer
Clear Doubles Mode
Difficulty doesn't matter

Great King
Defeat the King in Arcade Mode Singles
Set the difficulty to NORMAL (or higher) and don't lose a single set. King shows up as the 5th opponent. He's tough. Personaly I beat him with Duke (to unlock him, beat singles arcade mode on EASY without losing a set during the first 4 matches). The tactic I used was to be very aggressive, serve in the angle to push him as far as possible and follow to the net with a volley/smash. Avoid staying on the baseline because he can hit the ball really hard or make some dropshots. Slice as you can to prevent him from attacking, and rush to the net. The return games are much more difficult but fortunately you don't need to win by a break, so focus on your 2 service games. The game allows you to restart the match as many times as you want

Arcade Star
Achieve a player score of 5,000,000 points
See Arcade Hero.

Arcade Beginner
Clear a stage in Arcade Mode
Difficulty doesn't matter.

Last edited by UK x Jok3r x; 05-04-2011 at 06:14 AM.
Old 05-04-2011, 05:33 AM   #3
UK x Jok3r x

UK x JOK3R x's Gamercard
Exhibitionist
Play 10 Exhibition Matches
pretty straight forward just set it to one set and keep replaying the match until you get it.

Great Sniper
Achieve a 5x Combo in Clay Shooting
This mini-game can be played in the World Tour or Party mode. Very easy achievement, you'll probably get it without trying.

Mother Hen
Deliver at least 10 chicks simultaneously to their mother in Egg Collector
This mini-game can be played in the World Tour or Party mode. Another very easy achievement, take all the eggs and bring them to their momma.

Arcade Hero
Achieve a player score of 7,770,000 points
After each match you get bronze, silver, or gold medals that give you points depending on the shots you made : volleys (you need 10 for gold), smashes, lobs/dropshots, groundstrokes, supershots, max serves. You need to get an average of 1,540,000 points per match. Not sure if difficulty affects the scores but I was unable to get over 7M points on easy, then I tried on hard and I got 8.1M ! I played with Duke and did a lot of volleys (10 per match). I ended up with 8,100,000 points even though I lost against King.

Medal Collector
Earn three Points Won medals
As said above, after each match on Arcade Mode you earn medals related to the number of shots you made in the following categories : smashes, volleys, lobs/dropshots, supershots, groundstrokes, maxserves

Balloon Popper
Pop 30 balloons in Practice Mode
Select PRACTICE from the main menu and pop 30 balloons.

When your power gauge is full (upper left hand corner), press B to hit a "super shot". The gauge fills faster depending on the style you're using. For example a serve-and-volleyer fills his bar faster by serving and volleying

Crowd Pleaser
Hit a running shot
Run and hit the ball. You should get this without trying.

Endless Rally !
Sustain a rally for 30 shots
Play an exhibition match on easy mode and press A without using the directional buttons. The computer won't even try to make a winner. Or you can play versus mode.

Big Hitter
Hit 250 MAX Serves
You should get this without trying.

Pushing it to the MAX !
Hit four consecutive MAX serves
A bit tricky. Personaly I got it without trying.

Power Smash !
Hit 250 smashes
You should get this without trying (unless you never go to the net).

Swing Machine
Swing 5000 times
You'll get this eventually. Not time-consuming at all.

Best Stroker
Win 100 points with ground strokes
You'll get this naturally too. Don't waste your time grinding.

Volley Master
Win 100 points with volleys
You'll get this naturally. Don't waste your time grinding.

All-Out Player
Hit a diving shot
Hit the ball from far away. You should get this without trying.

Rocket Server
Hit a serve at 200km/h (124.3mph) or faster
A MAX Serve triggers this.

Marathon Runner
Run 42km (26mi)
You'll get this eventually. Not time-consuming at all.

Tycoon
Earn 1,000,000 in total prize money
Money carries over across playthroughs. You don't need to have 1M available. You must have earnt a total of 1M prize money in the World Tour no matter how much you've spent. It popped up for me when I had only $400,000 available. This achievement requires at least 2 playthroughs.

Shopaholic
Purchase 50 types of items in the Kit Catalogue
Bought items carry over across playthroughs. You will need less than $300,000 to buy 50 items (depending on their price). Feel free to spend all your cash, this achievement doesn't conflict with "Tycoon" as explained above

Online Debut
Play online with a customised character
self-explanatory just create someone and play an online game with him/her.

My Style
Acquire a play style
In the World Tour, play-styles are unlocked as you progress through the mini-games. To select one, go to "My Club".

100 Stars !
Earn 100 stars
You should get this one without trying. In the World Tour, stars are earnt by doing various activites or taking part in the tournaments. This achievement is missable but to miss it you really have to do it on purpose.

20 Awards !
Earn 20 awards
Awards carry over across playthroughs. You should get it without trying. You earn awards in the World Tour when doing activites.

10 wins!
win 10 matches
over all playthroughs very easy should come naturally

Loving It !
Win 10 Love games
Can be done in any play mode.

first online victory
win an online ranked match
see online streak

online streak
Win three consecutive Ranked Matches
pretty easy if your familiar with the game i used Gael Monfils because his super shot is the eassiest to pull off and he is quick

online veteran
log 10 hours of online play
self-explanatory but very time consuming

Last edited by UK x Jok3r x; 05-04-2011 at 06:33 AM.
Old 05-04-2011, 08:37 AM   #4
clique republic

Good work on stealing this straight from the ps3trophies forum.
clique republic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 10:02 AM   #5
amacteur
In the sky

Send a message via Skype™ to amacteur

amacteur's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   Staff Club - amacteur   Staff - Graphics Team   Community Gaming - Silver   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   GRID 2 Award   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Staff Club - Minty   Submit - Diamond
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
At least, you could have credited superpj (from PS3trophies) for this... http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/vir...phy-guide.html
Old 05-04-2011, 04:55 PM   #6
UK x Jok3r x

UK x JOK3R x's Gamercard
actually i asked him and he said he didnt mind or want credit for it
Old 05-04-2011, 06:21 PM   #7
C0lourmegrey

C0lourmegrey's Gamercard
Could have changed edberg to courier at least & not sure if money on the ps3 is different but would say it is mopre likely to be 3/4 runs through world tour to get 1mil prize money, have done 3 and only on 820,000 despite winning every tournament entered every year.

This mini-game can be played in the World Tour or Party mode. Much easier than it seems, it's just a bit more time consuming than the other mini-games. You don't need to get the 10 Royal Flushes on the same game session.

this is the shittiest description i have ever seen & this achievement is a pain in the arse

C0lourmegrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 01:46 PM   #8
blackbrainCL

blackbrainCL's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by C0lourmegrey View Post

this is the shittiest description i have ever seen & this achievement is a pain in the arse
I agree with C0lourmegrey
A royal flush, to people don't know poker, is 10-J-Q-K-A all of the same suit (is not necessary in that order obiusly). In Partymode you have to reach the higest levels (4 or 5) to unlock K cards.

Sorry 4 my bad english

Last edited by blackbrainCL; 05-05-2011 at 01:53 PM.
blackbrainCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 07:42 PM   #9
scully1888

scully1888's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by UK x Jok3r x View Post
Care to explain how you know this? According to your Gamercard, you don't even have this achievement yet.

I hate when people rush to write guides (or in this case steal them from other sites) without actually getting the achievements first.
Old 05-15-2011, 06:06 AM   #10
UK x Jok3r x

UK x JOK3R x's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by scully1888 View Post
Care to explain how you know this? According to your Gamercard, you don't even have this achievement yet.

I hate when people rush to write guides (or in this case steal them from other sites) without actually getting the achievements first.

dude i play poker i know what a royal flush is....
Old 05-22-2011, 07:20 PM   #11
Madfrog0

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
worst guide ever... missing so many things and doesnt explain anything.
Old 05-26-2011, 12:36 PM   #12
DinoRoar

PS3DinoRoar's Gamercard
PS3 Version

Virtua Tennis 4: Trophy Guide & Roadmap
DinoRoar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 08:20 AM   #13
BOMB SQUIRREL

stealer

uk joker you stealer make ur own guide and dont be a d**** putting things like this is my first guide so dont be to harsh on me blablabla at least give the ps3 dude credit even when he said he dont need it
BOMB SQUIRREL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 11:20 PM   #14
Mightymango

Send a message via MSN to Mightymango

MightyMango's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Mightymango   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Other then this being taken from another site, the guide is not exactly the best either.

Also, instead of all of you bitching at him, how about make a BETTER one instead of pointing out how this one sucks>?

^^ Updated 9.26.11

FORUM RULES
Read and Follow them

Mightymango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 01:42 PM   #15
TheFox2006

Send a message via MSN to TheFox2006 Send a message via Yahoo to TheFox2006

XITheFoxIX's Gamercard
nice Guide
TheFox2006 is offline   Reply With Quote