Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Child of Eden
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-05-2011, 02:14 AM   #1
mfl10

mfl10's Gamercard
Kinect or Regular Controller

So the game was originally made for the regular controller, after Project Natal was revealed the developers decided to tag along with the new controller. So which do you think will be better? Play it like it was intended to or using Kinect as a new interface.
mfl10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 07:21 AM   #2
DMichaels86

DMichaels86's Gamercard
I think they will make it fun for both. I don't have a kinect and I probably won't get one. Controller for me

http://youtu.be/9ArNmIMgeVg
DMichaels86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 07:51 PM   #3
Mgetter

MGetter's Gamercard
Ive read mixed things about using kinect with this (apparently not as precise as you'd think. also a bit more difficult - its a shame MS decided to take out some of the power in kinect to make it more affordable). I do know this, however; if I get this game, Ill be getting kinect with it. I thought this was a sure thing but alice: madness returns is slowly growing on me and may be purchased instead.
Mgetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 10:35 PM   #4
Robobeast76

robobeast76's Gamercard
This is the only game that may convince me to get Kinect - especially if it has achievements tied to it.
Robobeast76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 03:48 AM   #5
InvidiaViribus

InvidiaViribus's Gamercard
I'm purchasing this with no intention of ever getting Kinect because of the price and because I love Q?. I don't see why it would suffer from using a controller anyways.
InvidiaViribus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 01:26 PM   #6
DragNviper13

DragNviper13's Gamercard
You can play this with a regular controller? I didn't know that....I think I know what I want to get now haha...hopefully I'll be able to get this from gamefly seeing how I'm already buying Alice and Duke...and maybe people will be getting those games as well from gamefly so it might be easier for me to rent
DragNviper13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 03:38 AM   #7
DarkReign2021
Banned User

DarkReign2021's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Unfortunately thanks to DNF I won't be able to buy this game Day 1. Probably have to wait until it goes down in a price a little bit before I snag a copy assuming I like it when it shows up through Gamefly. Definitely gonna try and play with my Kinect first. Hopefully I can actually sit down and play this one. I'm tried of standing for everything.
DarkReign2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 02:17 AM   #8
osakamitsu

osakamitsu's Gamercard

im playing it right now and I can confirm you do not need kinect. This game is tough!
osakamitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 03:26 AM   #9
SallyNasty

SallyNasty's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by osakamitsu View Post
im playing it right now and I can confirm you do not need kinect. This game is tough!
So the achievements are pretty rough?

SallyNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 04:17 AM   #10
osakamitsu

osakamitsu's Gamercard

Yeah they are. I have 145 GS or 9 achievements in it now but man I dont think i will EVER get the 100% purification achievement. My best is 91% and 3 stars on the first level. You have to kill every enemy in the stage for that and man I think Ill never be able to do it. The game isn't easy as it is. I just opened the 4th stage and the 3rd was giving me trouble for a while. 4 star rank is hard also. Collecting the items doesnt seem so bad though since you can beat the level as many times as you want and at the end of each level you get to choose an item. So you have to beat the levels multiple times to get all the collectibles from them. As for the secret achievements? I havent really looked at the list to see whats there.

10 consecutive octa locks was pretty easy. Sounded hard but all I did was continually lock on the 1st boss 10 times in a row.

EDIT:

WOW! The 4th level is CRAZY! Hard to stay alive. This level may take me a while.

I need a mouse for this! lol

Last edited by osakamitsu; 06-13-2011 at 04:37 AM.
Old 06-13-2011, 10:01 PM   #11
JPX Brutality

JPX Brutality's Gamercard
it was made with kinect in mind so im going to assume that that is the more immersive experience
JPX Brutality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 10:15 PM   #12
osakamitsu

osakamitsu's Gamercard

I dont know. I dont trust kinect. I have it and its laggy with everything and it isnt my tv or my lighting. Even the slightest lag would make this WAY harder than a controller. But who knows, I dont feel like testing it..
Old 06-13-2011, 10:36 PM   #13
JPX Brutality

JPX Brutality's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by osakamitsu View Post
I dont know. I dont trust kinect. I have it and its laggy with everything and it isnt my tv or my lighting. Even the slightest lag would make this WAY harder than a controller. But who knows, I dont feel like testing it..
Your right it is laggy and thats due to microsofts dumbing down of kinect to make it affordable. I'm hoping that doesn't effect the gameplay though. I don't notice it much when I play games anyway. I know its there, but I learn to play with it just how I learned to play gears 2 with lag because IT WAS ALWAYS LAGGY when it first came out.
JPX Brutality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 10:42 PM   #14
osakamitsu

osakamitsu's Gamercard

Idk, Im not quick enough with the controller for some of it. This game isnt easy and I see kinect making it harder. Maybe if kinect lets you cover more surface area quicker then it might be ok, but as of right now there is no way I'm considering it.
Old 06-14-2011, 12:49 AM   #15
LoD WheeZzy

H3rtZ DoNuT's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Even though playing with Kinect is harder than with regular controller I like it more. I played a few games with Kinect and few games with controller and I'll stay with Kinect

LoD WheeZzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 04:24 PM   #16
cra

Send a message via ICQ to cra

cra x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   1,000 Posts   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
played the first level now with both and got the better rating with kinect. i find it at times easier to play with kinect and flow with the music. playing with controller makes it very easy to miss the beat imo. maybe it is different for others. however gettings 1k in this game may take a while...and i don't see how to get a 100% purifaction in any level...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asturgis
And always listen to Cra, his guides are absolutely badass
Guides: Ninja Blade, The Saboteur, Bayonetta, Alien Breed Ep1, AvP, Supreme Commander 2,N3 2, Legends of Troy, Half-Minute Hero:SMNC, Gatling Gears(most likely)
cra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 06:26 PM   #17
nayR2012

nayr2012's Gamercard
More fun with Kinect. Once you get the flick down it is awesome. Easier to cover more of the screen. Throw left hand up for tracer to take down purples and then right back to lock up. Havn't experienced any lag.. from one hand to next is flawless and smooth.
if only I had time to kill.
nayR2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 12:55 AM   #18
garrett007

garrett007's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by nayR2012 View Post
More fun with Kinect. Once you get the flick down it is awesome. Easier to cover more of the screen. Throw left hand up for tracer to take down purples and then right back to lock up. Havn't experienced any lag.. from one hand to next is flawless and smooth.
This. There is NO lag at all perhaps the smoothest kinect game out there so far and is much easier with kinect than controller for me.
Old 06-15-2011, 06:18 AM   #19
sepulturas666

Eurogamer says:

"But once you've experienced the jaw-dropping sights on offer, the more gritty business of competition and completion begins. Within these parameters, Child of Eden is indisputably best played like Rez: with a controller. The accuracy of the analogue stick combined with the short jabbing motions required to switch between shot types make this a more precise, controlled experience."
sepulturas666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 06:44 AM   #20
DigitalNinjaLee

DigitalNinjaLee's Gamercard
I am not 100% sure as of now. When I playing it now, I feel as if I have a better time going with the beat with the Kinect (to get the best multiplier). I would say for score wise, I am better with the Kinect. I figure if I just want to shoot the enemies, the controller would be better.
If they release something similar to the Trance Vibrator that you can stick in your pocket or something, It would make playing with the Kinect a lot easier. You would be able to follow the rhythm with the vibration leading to better shooting accuracy.

Last edited by DigitalNinjaLee; 06-15-2011 at 06:52 AM.
DigitalNinjaLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 07:16 AM   #21
Blue Thunder28

Blue Thunder28's Gamercard
The game is completely and totally perfectly precise using the Kinect..

Kinect makes it a much more immersive and really fun experience.. But I mean don't get me wrong I love playing with with controller since I loved Rez HD so much.. but man, so many "WOW" and "HOLY S***" moments when playing this with Kinect, by far my favourite Kinect game for possibly ever but for sure for now though that isn't a difficult task. Love this game so much.

Blue Thunder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 12:38 PM   #22
InvidiaViribus

InvidiaViribus's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalNinjaLee View Post
If they release something similar to the Trance Vibrator that you can stick in your pocket or something, It would make playing with the Kinect a lot easier.
You can use extra controllers in place of the vibrator. Four of them, actually.
InvidiaViribus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 02:05 PM   #23
LoD WheeZzy

H3rtZ DoNuT's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by sepulturas666 View Post
Eurogamer says:

"But once you've experienced the jaw-dropping sights on offer, the more gritty business of competition and completion begins. Within these parameters, Child of Eden is indisputably best played like Rez: with a controller. The accuracy of the analogue stick combined with the short jabbing motions required to switch between shot types make this a more precise, controlled experience."
And why is that? I can give you at least 3 quotes from different reviews that say using Kinect is better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGN
I've heard people dismiss Kinect as a viable control option because there's no vibration feedback. After trying both control options for Child of Eden, I found that I preferred Kinect's superior responsiveness. Yes, Kinect makes navigating Eden's databases far easier. In fact, the analog sticks seem clunky compared to swiftly moving your hand around the screen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1UP
Child of Eden plays well with either a controller or the Kinect motion sensor, so you do get to pick and choose, but I was surprised to find myself preferring the Microsoft peripheral overall. Kinect adds a fresh way to play the game that makes timing Octa-locks genuinely fun, and kept me engaged despite all the arm waving.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinima
Child of Eden has the singular distinction of being an absolute blast to play on the Kinect. With this setup, your right hand is the lock-on weapon while your left controls the tracer. To fire your locked-on shots, flick your right arm forward, and to use the screen-clearing euphoria, raise both hands into the air. This system works nearly without problem occasionally Id have some lock-ons fire before I meant to, but the aiming reticule is larger to compensate for any Kinect wonkiness. There have been precious few magic moments on the Kinect since its release, but the first time I wove my hands to create explosions of light and sound felt amazing.

LoD WheeZzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 02:45 PM   #24
DigitalNinjaLee

DigitalNinjaLee's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by InvidiaViribus View Post
You can use extra controllers in place of the vibrator. Four of them, actually.
Yeah I discovered that last night after I posted here, haha. Even so, it is kind of bulky to have a controller in your pocket. Didn't Tetsuya Mizuguchi have a belt or something that held four controllers on your waist?
A Trance Vibrator kind of thing would still be more convenient I figure since It can fit in your pocket (or "other places" haha).
DigitalNinjaLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 09:46 AM   #25
yamayamayaamaa

Send a message via ICQ to yamayamayaamaa Send a message via AIM to yamayamayaamaa Send a message via Yahoo to yamayamayaamaa Send a message via Skype™ to yamayamayaamaa

yamayamayaamaa's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Gold   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Going by the leaderboards, it's probably easier to get 800K+ on controller.

yamayamayaamaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 12:16 PM   #26
AnubisGX

AnubisGX's Gamercard
Using kinect is very fun. Feels cool to be able to lock on and blast enemies with a swipe from your right hand and then quickly switch to your left hand to fire lasers.
However, the controller is better for control and precision.
AnubisGX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 10:32 PM   #27
PANIC ATTACK 10

PANIC ATTACK 10's Gamercard
i bought it for kinect. i have tried both versions. i found kinect to be better. it tracks & movss instantanously! kinect for me all the way!
PANIC ATTACK 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 04:32 AM   #28
Swigelf

swigelf's Gamercard
Kinect is awesome on this. It seems way more accurate and less laggy than the kinect hub itself. its a lot more fun, although I do understand how a controller could be useful for some of the harder achievements later on. But Kinect does have a larger aiming radius, which balances it to feel quite accurate
Swigelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 04:58 AM   #29
TMEYER319

tmeyer319's Gamercard
controller. kinect isnt were it needs to be yet
Old 06-18-2011, 07:14 AM   #30
Eksy

Eksy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
I've played it with Kinect for the most part so far, BUT when I switched to the controller I did like that style, too.

Hate to say it, but I might find myself opting for the standard controller due to... well... laziness. :[

Eksy is offline   Reply With Quote