PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Dragon Age: Origins
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-15-2012, 07:45 PM   #1
speed gun

order to play game

ive read some peoples posts sayin the order the game should be played in
can people who have played the game tell me which order is the best. people who have played some or all of the dlcs
speed gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 03:45 AM   #2
Steam Commissar

Steam Commissar's Gamercard
Lelianna's Song and Darkspawn Chronicles are both stand-alone portions that have no real bearing on the main storyline. (I mean, Lelianna's song gives background info, but doesn't really "tie in" with the rest)

Shadows of Amgarrak features your main character, so maybe leave that one for later. Stone Prisoner can be done at any time in the main story, after Ostagar. Return to ostagar can be done shortly after Leaving Lothering, I believe. Warden's Keep can be done once you hit your main camp for the first time.

Awakening should be done after the main story. Witch Hunt is the VERY last one, and should be played last.

If anyone thinks I'm wrong, please let me know. I haven;t beaten the game, myself, but I'm going by what I've heard.
Steam Commissar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 12:38 PM   #3
speed gun

sounds good thanks
Old 01-16-2012, 01:10 PM   #4
Big Stoz

big stoz's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steam Commissar View Post
Lelianna's Song and Darkspawn Chronicles are both stand-alone portions that have no real bearing on the main storyline. (I mean, Lelianna's song gives background info, but doesn't really "tie in" with the rest)

Shadows of Amgarrak features your main character, so maybe leave that one for later. Stone Prisoner can be done at any time in the main story, after Ostagar. Return to ostagar can be done shortly after Leaving Lothering, I believe. Warden's Keep can be done once you hit your main camp for the first time.

Awakening should be done after the main story. Witch Hunt is the VERY last one, and should be played last.

If anyone thinks I'm wrong, please let me know. I haven;t beaten the game, myself, but I'm going by what I've heard.
Spot on, all I would add though is do Stone prisoner as early as possible because Shale is an excellent character to have as part of your group, especially for the big tricky rucks he dishes out some right punishment and can take some as well, don't think he ever went down during my playthrough.
Old 01-16-2012, 01:32 PM   #5
STOMACHofSTEEL

STOMACHofSTEEL's Gamercard
I'd also recommend to complete Warden's Keep early on. It's not too difficult, fairly short and you'll get the amazing storage chest + a nice massive armor set. Return to Ostagar also nets you some nice armor and weapons.

Completing Leliana's song unlocks a good piece of rogue armor for the main game.
Gaming is about escapism, about living through someone else with a more interesting life. My body is free to relax on the couch while my mind goes off to save the universe. I LIKE that. - Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw

Last edited by STOMACHofSTEEL; 01-17-2012 at 02:23 PM.
STOMACHofSTEEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 02:18 PM   #6
Teslasnip

Teslasnip's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by speed gun View Post
ive read some peoples posts sayin the order the game should be played in
can people who have played the game tell me which order is the best. people who have played some or all of the dlcs
It depends on if you are playing the game for the story aswell as the achievements or just for the achievements. I just finished Awakening and with it the last achievement.

If you're playing it for the story then the order that has been mentiond sounds pretty good. Though personaly finishing with awakening has left a bit of a sour aftertase for me since I found it to be quite poorly written. I wish i had ended with Witch Hunt or regular Origins.

If your goal is to hit 1750 as soon as possible then I would suggest starting with Darkspawn Chronicles and Lelianna's Song to get femiliar with the controls and get some nice items. The bulk of the achievements comes from the main Origins playthough so leaving that for last makes sense out of an achievement hunting point of view.

//Teslasnip
Teslasnip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 05:50 PM   #7
speed gun

thanks everyone this is helpful and im playing or both story and achievements
Old 01-21-2012, 07:39 PM   #8
Steam Commissar

Steam Commissar's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by STOMACHofSTEEL View Post
Completing Leliana's song unlocks a good piece of rogue armor for the main game.
I should have mentioned that. Thanks for the reminder.
Steam Commissar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 09:03 PM   #9
Teslasnip

Teslasnip's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steam Commissar View Post
I should have mentioned that. Thanks for the reminder.
Most the DLCs unlock good items. So completing Lellianna's Song, Witch Hunt, Darkspwan Chronicles and the Golems of Amgarrak first could make the long Origins playthough easier. If I ever play though the game to get 1750 again I would defenetly do them first next time.

Edit: The Grim Reaper achievement from the Golems of Amgarrak might be a bit tricky if you don't have an imported character though.
Teslasnip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 06:48 AM   #10
Maikuru

Killfeed killa's Gamercard
Just complete the vanilla game first because these games are made to be played how you want to play them but the may contain spoilers so...
Maikuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 02:19 PM   #11
Kairi
Guide and Award Staff

Send a message via Skype™ to Kairi

Kairi x360's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Silver   Staff - Guide Team   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver   CABS Beta Tester   Green Thumb - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze
Total Awards: 21 (more» ...)
I think the best way would be Main Game (do The Stone Prisoner, Warden's Keep, and Return to Ostagar while in Main game. I recommend doing them early on) then complete Awakening, then Golems of Amgarrak, and then Witch Hunt. You can import your character in that order to all of the DLCs and stuff. The Darspawn Chronicles and Leliana's song can be played whenever. I played them after Awakening, but you can play it and any point since it doesn't affect the main story/DLC stuff with your main character.

I don't mind. Forget it. There's nothing to lose
But my mind and all the things I wanted

Kairi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 02:33 PM   #12
BlinkeredFish00

Send a message via AIM to BlinkeredFish00

BlinkeredFish00's Gamercard
I really love this game so far, but it is sort of overwhelming to try and figure out everything needed to get all the achievements.
BlinkeredFish00 is offline   Reply With Quote