PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooters > Call of Duty: Black Ops
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-06-2011, 03:20 PM   #1
Kizen

Tono Rosario's Gamercard
Call of The Dead, Easter Egg Guide. Explained in full. Easily understandable

Okay, so What you want to do is hold off for a couple of rounds. My group stayed at the spawn for the first 4 or 5 rounds.
If you stay, First round, Shoot the zombie six times then knife him for Maximum point earning.
Here is the actual guide part.
Head to the power room, Turn on the power.
1st: Head to the Room with the Original Four(I will refer to them as the O4 or the FF).
2. Knife the door. LISTEN TO THE ENTIRE CONVERSATION! If you skip you could mess it up.
3.Find the fuse. It's on the upper floor of the O4 Room(Three Possible Locations)
4. Bring it back(Duh!)
5.Destroy the generators.
The locations are: Right in front of the O4, Outside the Stamin-Up window, In between the two catwalks that cross between the ships, One off the ship near the double tap.
Now Go Back!
6.VODKA TIME!
There are three locations. 1. Right on the rail outside the lighthouse(Near where the box is) 2. On the ship, Near the MPL, Look up and to the right, and finally 3. Between the rails where the generator was(Look on floor)
Remember someone must catch these.
Take it Back.
7.Now the Hardest Part:
First you want to go to the first floor of the lighthouse(Very Bottom).
Move the Dial to 6.
Next go to the 3rd Floor and move the dial there until the second floor dial is at 4.
Following that, Go on the 4th floor and move it until the 3rd is at 7.
Next, Move the 4th floor one until it is at 2. Count the number of times you do this.
After, Move the dial on the first floor the same amount of times that you moved the one on the 4th.
Finally, move the 2nd floor dial until it is at 4.
8. Four Radios.
You must activate them in this order(Does not matter if you don't activate in a certain amount of time):
First one is underneath the power room. Second one is the one on the barrel next to stamin-up. Third is in the crate next to the zipline on the right. And the last you activate is the one next to the O4 and PhD Flopper.
9.Boat Time aka Easiest thing ever:
First you want to move the first lever once and the last lever 3 times. Then you want to move the wheel until the only brown hand is at a 5:00 position.
10:Foghorn Leghorn.
You need to activate the foghorns in a certain pattern. First you want to activate the one at the bottom of the lighthouse that is nearest to the water. Then activate the one closest to speed cola(Down the ice slide), Next you want to activate the one that is closest to the lighthouse door at the bottom. Then the last one you activate is the one that is Behind the rock near stamin-up/speed cola.
11:Now you have the Green Light.
Now you need the VR11 and the Dolls(or a scavenger or a PaP'd Raygun).
Go to the green light in the lighthouse, go to the bottom floor, Then shoot a zombie(It is recommended that you use crawlers for this. Always keep around two). Then when it starts flying up, Mess it up with your explosives or whatever.
12: Almost there.
-Now you grab the elusive golden rod.
-Head back to the Fantastic Four Room and put the golden rod in.
-Then you have to listen to the O4 whine.
-Now the fuse is gonna spark.
-Now there are two ways to deal with this:
First is being an idiot and getting another fuse.
The second way is by being smart and knifing the sparking fuse.
13: YOU DID IT!
-Now knife the door. WooT! Two Achievements, Two Gamerpics, and A Beautiful DG2 for your troubles.
- Now go kill George if you want the achievement for that two, With the DG2 it's a bit easier.

-Edit: George is a tough bastard. With every extra person his health multiplies by 2. So he is best taken on in solo. I also would like to thank those of you who saw my error. Thank you.
-Also if you mess up, there is no known way to fix it(I heard turning the music on fixes it but I didn't mess up once)
-The DG2 has infinite damage yet it does not seem to affect George
- Sad Face ;_;

Last edited by Kizen; 05-06-2011 at 06:44 PM. Reason: Needed to add more information
Kizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 04:19 PM   #2
BR247

BR247's Gamercard
Nice, I got the achievement and this is the correct way. O4= Original Four?

btw, you're missing the generator that is by double tap near the front of the ship.
Old 05-06-2011, 04:28 PM   #3
ejbadger

CyanFlavoredGum's Gamercard
Isn't one generator off the back of the lighthouse?

Retail: Halo 3(1575), Lego Star Wars: TCS, Bully: SE, CSI: HE, Lego: Indiana Jones, The Simpsons Game, Oblivion (1250), Lego Batman, Fable II (1100), Mirrors Edge(1010), WWE Legends of Wrestlemania, Fallout 3 (1290)

Arcade: Buku Sudoku, Cloning Clyde, Word Puzzle, Dash of Destruction, Feeding Frenzy 2
ejbadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 04:38 PM   #4
NotQuiteAKing

GetOnALoveTrain's Gamercard
What happens if you mess up?

IE you turn one dial too many, or hit the wrong foghorn.

Do you have to restart the level? Or does the Easter Egg just reset and you have to just re-input the code?
NotQuiteAKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 04:41 PM   #5
littlejay

Fuzzmeister J's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
so far, these instructions are easiest to red. you just need to tell where the other generator is did you do all of this during round 4 or 5?
Old 05-06-2011, 05:04 PM   #6
A Grenade

A Grenade's Gamercard
Definitely easily understood

A Grenade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 05:31 PM   #7
Necrophage33

Necrophage33's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Very nice walkthrough. A video is always helpful but this is nice too. Couple of things...

1) Aren't there 4 generators? Or is that only in solo?
2) I know this is stupid and simple, but you should probably put in there that the vodka needs to be taken back to the O4

Also, do you really need so much firepower to kill the human once you've got him in the green beam in the lighthouse? Can't you just shoot a few bullets into him? PaP ray gun or scavenger seems like a ridiculous amount of overkill.
Necrophage33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 05:48 PM   #8
NukeDukem

topgunprobo's Gamercard
there are four generators yep. he forgot to mention the one out in the water. you can see it by unlocking the front of the ship, where you can get claymores, and looking down off the side of the ship furthest from the lighthouse.
Old 05-06-2011, 06:31 PM   #9
ZingZitang

ZingZitang's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Also to note: Semtex Grenades do work. For some reason the Generator in the middle of the ship took about 9 Semtex Grenades Stuck to directly on Top of the thing.

The one out behind the Cabin took 2 Semtex Grenades.

Point is: Semtex Works.
ZingZitang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 06:38 PM   #10
Necrophage33

Necrophage33's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZingZitang View Post
Also to note: Semtex Grenades do work. For some reason the Generator in the middle of the ship took about 9 Semtex Grenades Stuck to directly on Top of the thing.

The one out behind the Cabin took 2 Semtex Grenades.

Point is: Semtex Works.
What works best for destroying them? Scavenger? Do regular bullets work, or do you just need a shitload of them and it isn't work it?
Old 05-06-2011, 06:44 PM   #11
Kizen

Tono Rosario's Gamercard
Edited the OP. Thank you to those who saw my error and corrected it.
Old 05-06-2011, 06:45 PM   #12
Kizen

Tono Rosario's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrophage33 View Post
What works best for destroying them? Scavenger? Do regular bullets work, or do you just need a shitload of them and it isn't work it?
Anything that is explosive works.
Old 05-06-2011, 06:49 PM   #13
AcidxxReign

Pb Zepplin's Gamercard
Definitely the best guide I've seen so far!

Buttt, right now my friends and I are in the process of doing this. We have the green light and a PaP'd Vr11 (we have the Scavenger too, not PaP'd though) , but the green light isn't coming up through the lighthouse. It's just hitting the lighthouse outside. Any ideas on what to do? Did we miss something?

EDIT: Sorry for the huge signature...just got rid of it, hopefully it'll dissapear.

Last edited by AcidxxReign; 05-06-2011 at 06:52 PM.
AcidxxReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 06:52 PM   #14
Kizen

Tono Rosario's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidxxReign View Post

Buttt, right now my friends and I are in the process of doing this. We have the green light and a PaP'd Vr11 (we have the Scavenger too, not PaP'd though) , but the green light isn't coming up through the lighthouse. It's just hitting the lighthouse outside. Any ideas on what to do? Did we miss something?
Never had that happen as I only did this once ever. But maybe the foghorns or something. Try to do the foghorns/radios again. Other than that IDK
Old 05-06-2011, 06:58 PM   #15
AcidxxReign

Pb Zepplin's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizen View Post
Never had that happen as I only did this once ever. But maybe the foghorns or something. Try to do the foghorns/radios again. Other than that IDK

Radios aren't working, so we're assuming we did that right. We've redone the foghorns a few times now, still the sub out in the water with the green light but nothing coming through the lighthouse
Old 05-06-2011, 07:06 PM   #16
Kizen

Tono Rosario's Gamercard
Quote:
Radios aren't working, so we're assuming we did that right. We've redone the foghorns a few times now, still the sub out in the water with the green light but nothing coming through the lighthouse
Try re-adjusting the wheel and the levers in the ship. Make sure its Lever one once down and Lever three three down
Old 05-06-2011, 07:08 PM   #17
Dan.Pro

Dan Own Ya's Gamercard
The best thing to use for the generators are the frag grandes, but semtex works to, you just need to throw them directly on the part of the generator that is flashing red. Otherwise, it will not destroy it.

Edit: Forgot to mention, thanks for the guide, will try this soon.
Dan.Pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 07:14 PM   #18
Necrophage33

Necrophage33's Gamercard

Quote:
Try re-adjusting the wheel and the levers in the ship. Make sure its Lever one once down and Lever three three down
Hey so now at the end of your guide you say to go kill George and that's it's easier with the DG-2, but then at the very end you say the DG-2 doesn't affect him. If it doesn't affect him, take the previous sentence out. I assume the last sentence is an update then?
Old 05-06-2011, 07:19 PM   #19
Kizen

Tono Rosario's Gamercard
Quote:
Hey so now at the end of your guide you say to go kill George and that's it's easier with the DG-2, but then at the very end you say the DG-2 doesn't affect him. If it doesn't affect him, take the previous sentence out. I assume the last sentence is an update then?
Yes it is.
In fact, The DG2 does affect, but it just doesn't seem to harm him. Everything harms him.
Old 05-06-2011, 07:36 PM   #20
Necrophage33

Necrophage33's Gamercard

Quote:
Yes it is.
In fact, The DG2 does affect, but it just doesn't seem to harm him. Everything harms him.
Haha whaaaaat?? So to clarify, the DG-2 does hurt him it just doesn't look like it's doing anything? Very strangely worded post, I must say.
Old 05-06-2011, 07:36 PM   #21
BR247

BR247's Gamercard
Quote:
Bullets DO NOT work. You need explosives.
Old 05-06-2011, 07:45 PM   #22
Kizen

Tono Rosario's Gamercard
Quote:
Haha whaaaaat?? So to clarify, the DG-2 does hurt him it just doesn't look like it's doing anything? Very strangely worded post, I must say.
Sorry about that, I wasn't really paying attention. Yes it hurts him. I said it "seems" to have no effect on him. Sorry about the misunderstanding.
Old 05-06-2011, 08:16 PM   #23
ZingZitang

ZingZitang's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:

EDIT: Sorry for the huge signature...just got rid of it, hopefully it'll dissapear.
Quote:
We had this happen to us as well. The only thing I can imagine is that we Messed with the Levers and Wheel in the ship when we turned the power on. Technically Before we officially started the Puzzle. We put them all in the Correct positions though.

So when there was no Light coming up through the Lighthouse, We also Tried to Re-Adjust the Levers in the Ship. Except they were locked. Couldn't move them.

I guess we'll give it another shot tonight and see if that really was the Issue. I hope it was. . .
ZingZitang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 09:51 PM   #24
Necrophage33

Necrophage33's Gamercard

Quote:
11:Now you have the Green Light.
Now you need the VR11 and the Dolls(or a scavenger or a PaP'd Raygun).
Go to the green light in the lighthouse, go to the bottom floor, Then shoot a zombie(It is recommended that you use crawlers for this. Always keep around two). Then when it starts flying up, Mess it up with your explosives or whatever.

I still don't understand why all these guides say to use a Scavenger or PaP ray gun or whatever. Why can't you just shoot the human with an SMG or something? Does he really take that much firepower to kill once he's in human form? It seems, on the surface, like a completely unnecessary step to require a raygun or scavenger from the box to kill this human. Won't bullets do the job?
Old 05-06-2011, 09:57 PM   #25
Kizen

Tono Rosario's Gamercard
Quote:
I still don't understand why all these guides say to use a Scavenger or PaP ray gun or whatever. Why can't you just shoot the human with an SMG or something? Does he really take that much firepower to kill once he's in human form? It seems, on the surface, like a completely unnecessary step to require a raygun or scavenger from the box to kill this human. Won't bullets do the job?
Bullets won't work... Sadly. I used K. Dolls for it
Old 05-06-2011, 10:04 PM   #26
Genesis x360a

Schluballybub's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Minty   Over Achiever - Gold   2,500 Posts   Road Map - Gold   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Call of Duty 4 Subscribers Tourn. - First Place   Submit - Bronze   Call of Duty: WaW Subscribers Tourn. - First Place   Subscriber Uno - Third Place   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Quote:
Bullets won't work... Sadly. I used K. Dolls for it
Is it different for Co-op then? Because I shot the guy in Solo with a AK74U as he was going up the light and it killed him fine.

Genesis x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 10:05 PM   #27
AcidxxReign

Pb Zepplin's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZingZitang View Post
We had this happen to us as well. The only thing I can imagine is that we Messed with the Levers and Wheel in the ship when we turned the power on. Technically Before we officially started the Puzzle. We put them all in the Correct positions though.

So when there was no Light coming up through the Lighthouse, We also Tried to Re-Adjust the Levers in the Ship. Except they were locked. Couldn't move them.

I guess we'll give it another shot tonight and see if that really was the Issue. I hope it was. . .
Yeah, I can pretty much confirm that if you mess with anything before you start or do anything out of order, even once, you're done. After you get one step right and start the next the previous step locks up, so you can't "start over" from anywhere.

After we messed up on the foghorns the first time and only ended up with the green light, we started a new game. On that one a new kid we were playing with hit the third radio first, and even after 5 minutes when we hit them all in order it wouldn't work.

Just tell everyone you're with to press absolutely NOTHING before you start!
Old 05-06-2011, 10:06 PM   #28
Jlzrd

Jlzrd's Gamercard
yeah I got this earlier too. as far as I know bullets won't kill the human, but I only used the dolls and that did the trick. I'm assuming any kind of explosive works so the semtex or a cooked frag is probably a good bet too, but definitely don't waste your time getting a scavenger and PaP'ing it.

Also, OP, there are actually four vodka bottle locations. next to location 1 in your guide if you go down the first lot of metal stairs and look at the rails, it's encased in ice about halfway down. someone has to go through the building with the O4 and wait at the very bottom to catch it. took me and my friend ages to spot it.

Jlzrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 10:28 PM   #29
jamie1000013

D Mob x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Genre Competition - Second Place   2,500 Posts   x360a Representer   Completion Competition Winner   Word of Mouth   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Gold   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Are there any notifications that you have done it right? So like when you press the fog horns does it show something? Or when you pull the levers on the boat?

Great guide but fuck me Treyarch expect a lot no way you could stumble on doing this by accident.

Thank you Audacious for the sig
jamie1000013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 10:32 PM   #30
Jlzrd

Jlzrd's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie1000013 View Post
Are there any notifications that you have done it right? So like when you press the fog horns does it show something? Or when you pull the levers on the boat?

Great guide but fuck me Treyarch expect a lot no way you could stumble on doing this by accident.
When you do the dials there's no notification as far as I know, same with the radios. When you pull the levers in the ship a foghorn sounds to indicate you've done it right, and once you've pressed the foghorns the green light comes out the lighthouse (which is a pretty big notification :P)

Jlzrd is offline   Reply With Quote