PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Call of Duty: Black Ops
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-06-2011, 10:50 PM   #1
Nevander

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
CotD Solo/Co-op Easter Egg Walkthrough + Strategies

NOTICE: I know there are like hundreds of guides for this but I feel like I should put out the one I made up using a combination of sources. I do not take full credit for this guide. I only edited it and changed some things around and made it a clear user friendly walkthrough. Enjoy!

Call of the Dead Easter Egg Walkthrough
TIPS:
  • If you do this in co-op you obtain both achievements at the same time.
  • Check below walkthrough for survival strategies.
  • It is easier to survive this map in three to four player co-op.
  • Don’t touch anything until you arrive to the step in which you must.
  • Always get George as far away as possible before beginning a wave.
  • You do not need four players for the co-op Easter egg, two will do.
  • To interact with objects (vodka bottle, golden rod, fuse, etc.) hold .
STEP 1 – Turning on the Power and the Vault Door
You must navigate to the boat and head to the very top and turn on the power. There are four blocked areas you must open. The boat (750), the boxes on the stairs (1250), and the door to the power switch (1000).

Flip the switch and then work your way to the bottom floor of the lighthouse building, not the lighthouse itself. You will then see a big vault looking door. Knife it until the old cast stop talking.

STEP 2 – The Fuse
After knifing the door, head upstairs and look around the top floor room. You should see a fuse looking object.

It can spawn on the tables around you, and also beside a filing cabinet upstairs. Either place. Pick it up and take it back to the door. There is an electric panel box on the right side of the door, place the fuse here and it should be in place.

STEP 3 – The Generators

After placing the fuse, knife the door again and wait for the generator behind you to glow red. There are four generators you have to disable. Semtex works, frags work, scavenger should work, crossbow works in three shots, but I find semtex to be best. I have noticed you have to hit the grenade inside the glowing red part most of the time. Occasionally it will just disable by hitting near it, but very rarely. Semtex is located on the far back area of the boat on the side of the doorway down to Juggernog.
  • First generator is located right across from the vault door.
  • Second is located off the railing of the boat if going towards boat from spawn.
  • Third is located in between both parts of the ship.
  • Fourth is located at the far back building behind the lighthouse, far back at the dock.
Once all four are disabled, head back to the vault door and knife it again.

STEP 4 – Finding the Vodka (Co-op ONLY, if solo skip to step 5A.)

After disabling all four generators, you will be told by Nikolai to find a bottle of Vodka. There are four places where it can spawn (it will be at one of these):
  • First place is where the two boats connect at the top railing where the boat has to be moved.
  • Second place is on the railing that overhangs the wooden stairs near Quick Revive near the vault door.
  • Third place is on top of the light house over hanging the zipline.
  • Fourth place is located right near the second, except it is on the railing beside the random box spawn (you can knife and catch this one yourself).
If nobody catches it and it falls, you must find it again at one of the other three places. Once you have the Vodka, take it to the door and place it inside the sender tube on the left of the door.

Last edited by Nevander; 05-06-2011 at 11:04 PM.
Nevander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 10:51 PM   #2
Nevander

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
STEP 5A – The Submarine and Green Beam (SOLO ONLY)
Knife the door again and Richtofen will talk about a “stiff golden rod.” Head back to the boat where the power switch is.

Move the wheel twice clockwise so the brown handle is pointing at around five o’clock. Move the left lever once and the right lever three times. Do nothing with the middle one (I don't think it can be moved anyway).

If done correctly, you will hear fog horns and a submarine will rise up to the right of the lighthouse and it will emit a green beam down into the lighthouse. Once done, skip to step 6.

STEP 5B – The Submarine and Green Beam (CO-OP ONLY)
To get the green beam in co-op you must do a number of things.

First, you must enter a code into the four dials on each floor of the lighthouse. From top to bottom the colors are yellow, orange, blue, and purple. The way to solve the lighthouse puzzle is to enter the code 2746.

To obtain this code:
  1. Press PURPLE until PURPLE is at the correct number.
  2. Press ORANGE until BLUE is at the correct number (ORANGE does not effect PURPLE).
  3. Press YELLOW until ORANGE is at the correct number (YELLOW does not effect BLUE or PURPLE).
  4. You now have the bottom 3 numbers at the correct ratio from one another.
  5. Press YELLOW until YELLOW is at the correct number, COUNT THE NUMBER OF TIMES YOUR PRESS YELLOW.
  6. Press PURPLE the same number of times as you pressed YELLOW in.
  7. Press BLUE until it is back at the correct number, PURPLE and ORANGE should now also be at the correct numbers.
  • Purple needs to be 6.
  • Yellow needs to be 2.
  • Orange needs to be 7.
  • Blue needs to be 4.
Once this is done you must activate four radios around the map in this order:
  • First below power room on a computer box.
  • Second in Stamin-up room on a barrel.
  • Third inside shipping container to the right at end of boat zipline.
  • Fourth in the room with the vault door on a cabinet.
Then activate the wheel and levers like you would in step 5A if in solo.

The next step is to activate the fog horns in the following order, they must be pushed in sequence, first to last:
  • The one by the drop off after the slide if going towards lighthouse.
  • The one to the right of the slide exit.
  • The one by the lighthouse door.
  • The one past the slide exit behind a rock.
Once this is done, go on to step 6.

STEP 6 – The Golden Rod
Here’s where luck comes in. If doing this Easter egg quickly, you shouldn’t be very deep in the waves. You must keep progressing waves until you obtain the V-R11. The V-R11 doesn’t need to be pack-a-punched. If you are having trouble surviving, check out the strategies further below.

Once you get the V-R11, you must transform a zombie into a human at the bottom of the lighthouse near the green light so that he is sucked into it. Crawlers will work for this.

While he is going up, shoot him and kill him with either Ray Gun, Scavenger, or Russian Dolls.

If done right, you will see him lay down while going up and then you may hear church bells and the golden rod will then appear floating at the bottom of the lighthouse green light. Take the rod and bring it to the tube where the vodka was inserted, wait a bit, then the fuse panel will spark, knife it, wait a little longer, then achievement unlocked!

You also get the Wunderwaffle DG-2 for three minutes for the one who picks it up. An extra award is two gamer pictures, one of Nikolai and Takeo.

SURVIVAL STRATEGIES
SOLO STRATEGY
You should first buy Quick Revive ASAP. Then use three shots and knife for the first round. Then use four to five shots and knife for the second. Third round, buy an M14 and go for headshots. The best thing to do in this area is just to run around and watch your back. The first objective is the random box. Find it, get a good weapon. The second objective is to work towards the power switch. While working towards these two, just run around or sit where you feel comfortable. The third objective is Juggernog. You NEED it, especially for this strategy. The final objective is the lighthouse. You will want to work towards the very bottom (where the golden rod spawns). Any doors can be opened down there except the one leading outside to the AK-74u. Once you are here, what you do is keep circling the bottom of the lighthouse and go around the very outside, while weaving about dodging zombies. You will want to obtain Ray Gun, HK21/RPK, Speed Cola, and PHD Flopper. Use Ray Gun to take out any zombies in your way while circling, and then once a large group is behind you, run backwards and spray with HK21/RPK. This will rack up points. Eventually upgrade a weapon, then two, then keep going and you can reach possibly 30+ rounds, just remember to watch out for George.

TWO PLAYER CO-OP
Follow the solo strategy until you get power on. Now, head to the room with the PM63. There is one doorway here that is already open and one window. A two man job. This place is only suitable for the earlier waves, later waves will be a hassle. Just remember to keep George away and never open that back door.

THREE AND FOUR PLAYER CO-OP
For three and four player co-op, you want to work your way towards the building behind the lighthouse, the Stamin-up building. Two people watch windows while one person (or two if in 4-player) watch the front. There is a very long straight way here, good for taking out zombies from a distance. The water also slows them down some in the early waves.

Last edited by Nevander; 05-06-2011 at 11:01 PM.
Nevander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 12:20 AM   #3
Nevander

Can someone go through using my guide and confirm it works with your group? I have done it using this exact guide twice and both times it has worked great. Thanks.
Old 05-08-2011, 12:52 AM   #4
JONBLEACH

Bleach x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Yes it works just fine, my brother and I just got the co-op achievement today.
Gamertag: Bleach x360a
JONBLEACH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 05:39 AM   #5
Amecyst

amecyst's Gamercard
Great guide, cheers!
Amecyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 05:48 AM   #6
avfootballfreek

Send a message via AIM to avfootballfreek

II Fr0d0 II's Gamercard
The fog horn order is not working for me and my friend. I hit it in the exact same order as you list but no green light.
avfootballfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 12:01 PM   #7
Dusty2010

When we did the lighthouse dials as instructed the purple number was at 4 and not 6
Dusty2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 12:12 PM   #8
TheSkullmasher

TheSkullmasher's Gamercard
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llXv5yVesaA

Heres a video tutorial on the achievement, for anyone who might want it.
TheSkullmasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 03:35 AM   #9
hellomotto

Mizzbe's Gamercard
2 tricks.
1- George can be thrown across the map useing the flipper without you being on it. this is a great way to get george away.

2.Camping above the flipper without opening the power switch is a good strat until you rack up points and/or george gets too close and too annoying to deal with.

IMPORTANT= Your are required to knife the door where the old cast is located after completing each step. listen after knifing for clues as to the next step. You cannot continue the easter egg if you do not remember to do this.

(3 meteors- Start location on barrels, Fuse room apove achievement door under the clock, and Bar room on boat in a booth.) Listen for the earie sound to know you are close. the rocks do not glimmer as red as they do in the previous maps.
hellomotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 03:38 AM   #10
hellomotto

Mizzbe's Gamercard
make sure only one person is designated on your team to change any of the dials, also you can repeat it until the numbers are right. what he gives you is an equation that will set the numbers into the correct place.
hellomotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 02:57 PM   #11
thrashhhh

thrashhhh's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkullmasher View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llXv5yVesaA

Heres a video tutorial on the achievement, for anyone who might want it.
Me and my friend have been trying to get this with no luck , the guide says to do the dials before you get radios, but in the video it shows them getting the radios before doing the dials, which is the correct way because this easter egg is pissing me off and i just want to get it over with... can someone confirm what way is correct for me
125K - May 11/13
150k - May 18/14

thrashhhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 06:07 AM   #12
Nevander

I now have my Shangri La text guide up as well now. Sorry for bumping this but I thought it would be good to get both guides next to each other.