PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Discussion Boards > Games
Subscribe    Donate

View Poll Results: WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE FPS? (mulitple choice question, select all that apply)
Call of Duty (MW Series) 16 39.02%
Call of Duty WAW 3 7.32%
Call of Duty Black Ops 2 4.88%
Battlefield Bad Company 3 7.32%
Battlefield Bad Company 2 (& Vietnam) 12 29.27%
Left 4 Dead 8 19.51%
Left 4 Dead 2 9 21.95%
Medal Of Honor 1 2.44%
Halo Reach 16 39.02%
Halo 3 13 31.71%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2011, 08:00 AM   #31
samabam

samabam's Gamercard
Mmm.... nothing on that list was ever really a favorite of mine. So I guess I'll pick L4D2. I'd have picked TF2 or Bioshock otherwise.
Old 05-09-2011, 08:31 AM   #32
exo-apollo

exo apollo's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAI JASON View Post
Half Life 2 - best game ever.
Yeah my favourite too. Battlefield 2 was the greatest online shooter (I voted Bad Company 2 on this list, I guess it was closest). Also Bioshock is an RPG!?!What the....

Last.fm
Soundcloud

"If I became a philosopher, if I have so keenly sought this fame for which I'm still waiting, it's all been to seduce women basically." - Jean-Paul Sartre
Old 05-09-2011, 11:26 AM   #33
Unterofficer

Unterofficer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Kaspyr 83 View Post
i just wanted a general opinion on MILITARY FPS, should have been more spefcific. not arcade games, not RPGs.
Well then why you have so many arcade titles (Halo, CoD), or titles that don't have anything to do with military (L4D) on the poll? Also the list is missing basicly all of the proper military FPS-games like Operation Flashpoint, SWAT, Rainbow Six, Arma etc. to be a fair poll about which is the best FPS with militarytheme.

14 completed games. 7 retail, 7 arcade.
Old 05-09-2011, 11:41 AM   #34
MrVictorStone

MrVictorStone's Gamercard
I voted for L4D2, but 1 of my fave's is Operation Flashpoint : Dragon Rising. Despite all its flaws its the tensest game I've played (On hardcore mode).
Old 05-09-2011, 04:45 PM   #35
Baylor05

SigTau Lwyr ESQ's Gamercard
The Halo series for me will always be the ultimate FPS. Halo got me into Xbox to begin with, and I still remember the afternoons and nights wasted in college battling friends in local matches.

My favorite title not included in the poll would probably be Goldeneye on the N64. Again, before Halo there was the awesomeness that was Goldeneye, which spawned a very good follow up title in Perfect Dark.
Old 05-09-2011, 06:12 PM   #36
Ninja Kaspyr 83

Ninja Kaspyr 83's Gamercard
i always hear ppl talkin bout half life 2 and that orange box collection.....must be a good series.....ima hafta checkem out, they have it on sale for like 9 bucks down the street

Old 05-09-2011, 06:14 PM   #37
Ninja Kaspyr 83

sorry guys i missed alot of FPS, good ones too, just wanted general info on military shooters and most popular.....plus only have 10 spots in poll.....next poll i do ill add more....

Old 05-09-2011, 06:17 PM   #38
Ninja Kaspyr 83

Quote:
Originally Posted by exo-apollo View Post
Yeah my favourite too. Battlefield 2 was the greatest online shooter (I voted Bad Company 2 on this list, I guess it was closest). Also Bioshock is an RPG!?!What the....

BFBC2 by far the best, cant wait till battlefield 3. at least in BFBC theres no modding, glicthin, cheatin, lag switchin, auto aimin, etc.

if you lose, its cause you AND your team suck. i have played COd and Halo too much to be best person on squad if not game and lose.

Old 05-09-2011, 06:18 PM   #39
Tussell

Send a message via AIM to Tussell Send a message via MSN to Tussell

tussell's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   10,000 posts   Donator - Level 3   A+ Thread Award   Call of Duty 4 Subscribers Tournament - Winner   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
These threads suck. Where's the 'other' option?
Old 05-09-2011, 06:27 PM   #40
Brianzor

Brianzor's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Gotta be Doom 3-D
Old 05-09-2011, 06:30 PM   #41
Opiate42

Location: Canada, likely stuck in a snowdrift...with no shovel

Opiate42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Rajeanero   Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAI JASON View Post
Half Life 2 - best game ever.
Whole-heartedly agree. Half Life was a revelation and revolution on the PC back in 1998. HL2 was everything that was awesome about it's predecessor and then typical of Valve, they made it even better. The Orange Box was such a sweet deal and story ties between Portal and Half Life 2 are awesome.

Surprised no one's mentioned Goldeneye or System Shock 2 yet. Epic classics those.

"Hit it"
Old 05-09-2011, 06:30 PM   #42
BuRST uk

MajorPsycoPrime's Gamercard
clearly has to be call of duty 4: mordern wafare that game set everything out for all the games now, modern warefare to was sweet aswell. they both had sick campaignes (stealth/sniper mission where epic).

but saying all that battlefield 2 came close to paring with it.

to me its not a game if theres no killing, simple!
Old 05-09-2011, 06:41 PM   #43
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Goldeneye 007 on N64 is my favourite FPS.

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Old 05-09-2011, 07:00 PM   #44
Ninja Kaspyr 83

NEW POLL - http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=309527

Old 05-09-2011, 07:55 PM   #45
Old Scratch

old scratchy's Gamercard
Oblivion is a FPS too! Geez us, people! Is it just me or are people way more whiney than usual on here lately?

If your favorites aren't listed, just post your answer below or skip the thread altogether. It's an internet poll.. it's not going to change your life or anything.

Sorry, on topic: anything by Valve or Infinity Ward. (although Team Fortress is kind of a weak link).
Old 05-09-2011, 07:59 PM   #46
Ninja Kaspyr 83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Scratch View Post
Oblivion is a FPS too! Geez us, people! Is it just me or are people way more whiney than usual on here lately?

If your favorites aren't listed, just post your answer below or skip the thread altogether. It's an internet poll.. it's not going to change your life or anything.

Sorry, on topic: anything by Valve or Infinity Ward. (although Team Fortress is kind of a weak link).
thanx. ppl take this shyt way to seriously. thats why i made another poll right here:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=309527

Old 05-09-2011, 08:00 PM   #47
Tommo

tomahog's Gamercard
crysis 2 is possible my most enjoyed fps on xbox.2nd is proberbly mw2
Old 05-09-2011, 08:03 PM   #48
Eviltoastman

Nam Tsao's Gamercard
Bioshock.
Half Life 2/Orange Box.

Uncle Toasty.

Old 05-09-2011, 09:30 PM   #49
Death Metal Jim

Death Metal Jim's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - bplayak   Staff Club - Kairi   Staff Club - Yunder   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Scratch View Post

Because you're on a site that debates about topics such as this all the time. The title of the thread is "Best FPS" so obviously not everyone is going to be a robot and agree. Not to mention the poll is extremely generic and missing some of the best FPS ever released. So of course you're going to have people coming in here complaining and debating. That's what makes these threads interesting, not 50 posts all saying the same exact shit .
Old 05-09-2011, 11:00 PM   #50
Old Scratch

old scratchy's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Metal Jim View Post
Because you're on a site that debates about topics such as this all the time. The title of the thread is "Best FPS" so obviously not everyone is going to be a robot and agree. Not to mention the poll is extremely generic and missing some of the best FPS ever released. So of course you're going to have people coming in here complaining and debating. That's what makes these threads interesting, not 50 posts all saying the same exact shit .
The point of my post was that people need to stop whining. I'm all for an engaging discussion, and there were a few posts that said something along the lines of "I would have picked Bioshock because of the great story" etc. But the majority of posts were "Waaa, where's my favorite game!!?!!?!" which contributes nothing to the discussion.. and if their game was listed, most would just vote for their game and move on...

I don't know... I viewed a few different threads today and most seemed just... childish. Maybe I just chose the wrong threads to look at today.. Maybe it's me.

EDIT: Just realized you were the one that gave a legitimate reason why you picked something outside of the polls. At least someone is trying!

Last edited by Old Scratch; 05-09-2011 at 11:42 PM.
Old 05-10-2011, 12:06 AM   #51
Poida

Send a message via MSN to Poida Send a message via Yahoo to Poida

poida86's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Modern Warfare series and World at War.