PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip?

Go Back > Main Hub > Discussion Boards > Games
Subscribe    Donate

View Poll Results: Do you think all MP-enabled games should have match-making?
Yes 4 66.67%
No 2 33.33%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-20-2012, 06:12 PM   #1

Whats up with the lack of match-making in MP-enabled games?

Why do so many games not have match-making these days? It's not fun to repeatedly get killed by someone who is a higher level than me just because they have better attachments, grenades, weapons etc. While I'm stuck being a level 1 finding it hard to level-up because I have a crappy pistol. Surely it can't be that hard for developers to include match-making? I know some people prefer to play matches without match-making for their own reasons but that's fine too. Why not include an option for playing in match-making games in the main menu and you can switch it on or off.

I prefer to play a fair game where everyone is the same or relatively similar level to me. Not getting bombarded with missiles from a rocket launcher which I can't unlock because I have to level up first. What are your opinions on this topic?
Originally Posted by Minty View Post
Keep the bitch fight off the forums. Be men and insult each other over Live cam playing Uno or something.
MORON2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 06:29 PM   #2

Gamertag: Wildmn34

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I don't care one way or the other.

But, what I can say is the first game I ever played MP on was World at War. I got into a match and got ran over. No matter what I did I was dead. I seriously think I went 1 and 30. I was shell shocked after the game and some nice CoD player (yes there really was one) said to me "Hey, looks like you're new. Go try your hand in the Boot Camp part.

I tried that and found it to be pretty fun. Haven't looked back since.

But, I think you're off on the "surely it can't be that hard" statement. I'm not sure I would support the extra effort in coding, etc. Plus, match making basically negates parties. If I have a group of 3 friends, just for argument sake levels 1, 22, and 68. Match making would split us up right?

It's good in theory, but I'm not sure it's feasible in practice.
Wildmn34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 10:37 PM   #3

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 2
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I remember defeating Misty's Starmie in the gym battle with a level 8 Mewtwo. End result? A lot of EXP.

That's how I look at it. Sure, it sucks to go into battle versus a team of level 10 soldiers who can outdo you with a single weapon compared to the arsenal you have brought, but that should teach you to play a tactical game and use everything at your disposal.

If you're a "run and gun" type of player, you're done for, but if you can get around the enemy and take them down with a melee attack, that one single kill can be the game changer.

It doesn't bother me at all. At the end, I play online for fun (for the most part).
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
People are too sensitive on this forum.

iBuzz7S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 10:49 PM   #4

Gamertag: dragonsgomoo

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Kill them, then pick up their weapons.
I am undercover as a deaf person.

DragonsGoMOO is offline   Reply With Quote