PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Discussion Boards > Games
Subscribe    Donate

View Poll Results: WHAT IS THE BEST FPS. I can't name all. (multiplayer, campain, playability, DLC)
Halo Series 38 24.52%
Call of Duty Series 45 29.03%
Battlefield Series 30 19.35%
Morrowind, Oblivion, Fallout Series 19 12.26%
Bordelands 24 15.48%
Bioshock Series 27 17.42%
Half Life Series 25 16.13%
Doom/Duke Nukem Series 15 9.68%
Left 4 Dead Series 16 10.32%
Others (Rainbow Series, Homefront, Medal Of Honor, etc) 28 18.06%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 155. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-09-2011, 10:57 PM   #31
Jordanation64

Jordanation64's Gamercard
Exclamation Missing fps's

I think that they should have included some of the classic fps's, such as 007 goldeneye and its famous follow up; perfect dark or at least perfect dark zero that one is on 360! and I suppose this is debatable, but I don't think the elder scrolls are first person shooters. First person maybe but not really shooters.
Jordanation64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 12:08 AM   #32
Poida

Send a message via MSN to Poida Send a message via Yahoo to Poida

poida86's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Call of Duty series, Medal of Honor series, Doom/Duke Nukem, Wolfenstein,
Old 05-10-2011, 12:45 AM   #33
Tussell

Send a message via AIM to Tussell Send a message via MSN to Tussell

tussell's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   10,000 posts   Donator - Level 3   A+ Thread Award   Call of Duty 4 Subscribers Tournament - Winner   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
This doesn't make the thread any better. These threads pop up all the time. Please, everyone, take note, and stop making these threads!
Old 05-10-2011, 01:17 AM   #34
Tufty

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I think this poll should have been explained better. I can see by the results a lot of people aren't really understanding what the poll really is about. I should be about which game pulled off the best FPS gameplay. Not which game is my favourite and just so happens to be a FPS. I mean how can the two people who voted for fallout say it's a better FPS than Call of Duty. Sure, Fallout is a great RPG, but as a FPS it's clunky and horrible.

Anyway, I voted for half-life because the shooter mechanics feel so smooth, simple and unique.
Tufty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 02:34 AM   #35
Ninja Kaspyr 83

Ninja Kaspyr 83's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tussell View Post
These threads suck. Where's the 'other' option?
this is from my previous thread....this guy just cant be happy...

previous thread ----> http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=309403

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tussell View Post
This doesn't make the thread any better. These threads pop up all the time. Please, everyone, take note, and stop making these threads!

you know what some people are just grouchy asses. btw there is an OTHER option. and your still a sour puss.

i figure just for personal perspective i would go ahead and make a simple poll about todays most popular fps, just a simple question. and some people are just shit in the mud. look if you people dont like the poll OH WELL GTFOver it. i didnt ask for idiotic replies, or miserable emo children that will never be satisfied with anything in life to express their meaningless opinions.

just pick a damn FPS, if you dont like this thread or poll dont vote or comment. and by all means please do us (the adults in this world) a favor.......grow up.

Ninja Kaspyr 83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 02:37 AM   #36
Ninja Kaspyr 83

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tufty View Post
I think this poll should have been explained better. I can see by the results a lot of people aren't really understanding what the poll really is about. I should be about which game pulled off the best FPS gameplay. Not which game is my favourite and just so happens to be a FPS. I mean how can the two people who voted for fallout say it's a better FPS than Call of Duty. Sure, Fallout is a great RPG, but as a FPS it's clunky and horrible.

Anyway, I voted for half-life because the shooter mechanics feel so smooth, simple and unique.
thats what my first poll was about, just most popular fps, and everyone had to get all technical and politically correct, and arguing. shesh....no wonder this world is phuct up.

btw never played half life tho i hear good things.

Old 05-10-2011, 02:39 AM   #37
Ninja Kaspyr 83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordanation64 View Post
I think that they should have included some of the classic fps's, such as 007 goldeneye and its famous follow up; perfect dark or at least perfect dark zero that one is on 360! and I suppose this is debatable, but I don't think the elder scrolls are first person shooters. First person maybe but not really shooters.
i didnt wanna know about classics. i know i have doom and duke nukem but they are more recent games. not too mention this is an xbox site so im only interested in xbox games.

Old 05-10-2011, 02:53 AM   #38
Ice Car

Send a message via Skype™ to Ice Car

Ice Car's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Kaspyr 83 View Post

you know what some people are just grouchy asses. btw there is an OTHER option. and your still a sour puss.

i figure just for personal perspective i would go ahead and make a simple poll about todays most popular fps, just a simple question. and some people are just shit in the mud. look if you people dont like the poll OH WELL GTFOver it. i didnt ask for idiotic replies, or miserable emo children that will never be satisfied with anything in life to express their meaningless opinions.

just pick a damn FPS, if you dont like this thread or poll dont vote or comment. and by all means please do us (the adults in this world) a favor.......grow up.
Hey, you have to learn to not take some comments seriously here, let alone get your panties in a knot because of it. And by the way, there's a multiquote option for a reason, you triple/quadruple posted twice in this topic alone.
Old 05-10-2011, 03:13 AM   #39
Death Metal Jim

Death Metal Jim's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - bplayak   Staff Club - Kairi   Staff Club - Yunder   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Kaspyr 83 View Post

There's absolutely nothing wrong with your poll dude. Unlike your previous one, you gave multiple options and included an Other option as well. Some people are just going to bitch about anything no matter how much you try to appease them. Case in point, the post above me complaining about you posting too much when he posts about 50 times a day on here.
Death Metal Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 03:22 AM   #40
Ice Car

Ice Car's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Metal Jim View Post
There's absolutely nothing wrong with your poll dude. Unlike your previous one, you gave multiple options and included an Other option as well. Some people are just going to bitch about anything no matter how much you try to appease them. Case in point, the post above me complaining about you posting too much when he posts about 50 times a day on here.
Not complaining. I'm pointing to the Multi Quote button because it doesn't seem like he noticed it, as he quoted a different person and said a different thing each time he posted.

And I don't even post here that often any more, I usually post about 3-10 times a day at most. AND I don't double post, triple post, or quadruple post.
Old 05-10-2011, 03:42 AM   #41
JDMBO1

JDMBO1's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Car View Post
Not complaining. I'm pointing to the Multi Quote button because it doesn't seem like he noticed it, as he quoted a different person and said a different thing each time he posted.

And I don't even post here that often any more, I usually post about 3-10 times a day at most. AND I don't double post, triple post, or quadruple post.
So that's what "Multi-Off" is for... I've been doing it the hard way after all my post I'm still learning something.
Old 05-10-2011, 04:29 AM   #42
Andarion

Col Andarion's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMBO1 View Post
So that's what "Multi-Off" is for... I've been doing it the hard way after all my post I'm still learning something.
yeah, took me a while to understand it too. basically click the multi 'off' button on each post you want to quote, then hit a quote button to have everything together.
"I love multiplayer as much as the next guy, but the day that games start becoming multiplayer only on a wide scale is the day I find a new field to hold my interest and cash. I can't see myself staying in a genre where K/D ratio is the measure of a person's worth, and trash talk is the norm."
~Arkalivan
Andarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 06:01 AM   #43
Mr Bungle
Banned User

So... back on topic.

I chose Other as my favourite is Section 8: Prejudice.

But if we are talking "Retail" I'd probably go with the first Modern Warfare.
Mr Bungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 06:51 AM   #44
TAI JASON

TAI JASON's Gamercard

Oblivion is NO FPS! Stop this right now! And great double/tripple posting by the way. You wanna keep this thread alive? Sending messages to users with links of your thread is not an alternative to this:

Yesterday 06:49 PM
Ninja Kaspyr 83

NEW POLL - http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=309527

Thanks, i can´t read the forum

Metal Gear Solid is an FPS because it has an alternative ego sight?!?...

Besides: Like Tussel say´s i read nearly 1 million threads about FPS, best FPS, best FPS controlls, best FPS for my mum or best FPS in real life

Last edited by TAI JASON; 05-10-2011 at 07:00 AM.
TAI JASON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 07:40 AM   #45
exo-apollo

exo apollo's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
I can only assume all this information is being gathered for some sort of super secret robot that you are building, with parts based off an amalgamation of all the greatest shooter games. Also it is a robot that is fueled purely by the confusion and anger generated from a genre mixing forum poll.

Last.fm
Soundcloud

"If I became a philosopher, if I have so keenly sought this fame for which I'm still waiting, it's all been to seduce women basically." - Jean-Paul Sartre
exo-apollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 12:41 PM   #46
Lordvader178

The Green Robin's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Road Map - Bronze   A+ Thread Award   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
In terms of single player, Bethseda games take the cake. Sure COD has amazing set pieces and Halo has an epic story but as far as scale and playability goes then Oblivion (and soon to be Skyrim) takes the cake. Fallout 3 is also quite good. Probably not on the scale of Oblivion or even COD but it's very enjoyable.

In terms of multiplayer then it would have to be Halo. I don't like Halo multi at all and I think it's vastly overrated but the fact that Bungie have given it huge support is what makes it stand out. Unlimited game modes, customization, theater mode, so many things to do in multiplayer make it stand as the long lasting multiplayer it is today. Halo multiplayer IS the best of the quality put into it but it also has the quantity to back it up.

In terms of story then it's easily Halo. COD is made my two different developers so there are constantly changin stories which make it hard to follow and you know Activision is just cashing in when it comes to story. Borderlands dosen't count story wise and nor do Duke Nukem/Doom. Bethseda games have amazing playability but it's not related to the story at all and we all know bethseda game stories are kind of half arsed.

Half Life has a great story but it's a story that hasn't been finished yet. Personally I think Halo has the greaest story. There is so much back-story and alot of the characters are iconic (Master Chief, Sergeant Johnson, The Oracle) and have had a huge influenceon the FPS world. It's story is dne and it was epic. Halo 2 diddnt set off any lights but it started off strong and it ended stronger.

tl;dr

SP = Oblivion
MP = Halo
Story = Halo
Lordvader178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 04:11 PM   #47
Ninja Kaspyr 83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Car View Post

ima be honest i dont know about multi quotin, if someone could PM me with info ill stop making several replies.

Old 05-10-2011, 04:12 PM   #48
Ninja Kaspyr 83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andarion View Post
yeah, took me a while to understand it too. basically click the multi 'off' button on each post you want to quote, then hit a quote button to have everything together.

thx even i didnt know that.....i do now!

Old 05-11-2011, 09:47 AM   #49
Jellybean468

godsandm0nsters's Gamercard

I'd have to go with Borderlands or Halo.

Deus Ex Achievement Guide | xbox.com
Retail Completions: 38 | Arcade Completions: 15
Seriously 3.0: Total Onyx Medals - 24/65 | Level 86
Currently Playing: Assassin's Creed III, Borderlands 2
Jellybean468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 11:02 AM   #50
SubG3nius

SubG3nius's Gamercard

I do have a lot of fun with the COD-series when they come out, for a couple of months, but then I grow tired of them and often sell them or trade them for something else. It's just the same game over and over with minor changes. So I wouldn't say it's the best one.

I would acutally go with Battlefield on this one, it doesn't feel like the same game when they release a new one and it feels so much better and more realistic then COD.
Old 05-11-2011, 03:23 PM   #51
janus2202

sirius squared's Gamercard
I think the Battlefield series is the best FPS based on the playability and attempts at realism. Bullet drop, bullet travel time, destructible environments, plus a ton of other spontaneous WOW! moments make this a series that I can get completely absorbed in - and that is what makes a game great.

{{Just a thought:
Apparently for some people FPS can also mean Fantasy/Pretend Shooter. I wouldn't think anyone would lose their Underoos over which games fit which genre better, but whatever....
.....although I play a role in BC2, that doesn't make it any more of an RPG than shooting someone in Oblivion makes it a FPS. But really - it's no big deal}}
janus2202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 09:56 AM   #52
Barad
Super Fun Time

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Battlefield no doubt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShotyMcFat View Post
I bought destiny thinking it was a game, instead I got a Zoo.

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 04:04 PM   #53
Dante5380

Dante5380's Gamercard
FALLOUT <3
Lol I love Borderlands too, but if I were to chose between BL & Fallout, I'd immediatly go for Fallout, it's still way better than BL imo
Old 05-12-2011, 04:30 PM   #54
dasheq

dashftw's Gamercard
Half Life Series (+ Counter-Strike)
dasheq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 04:59 PM   #55
niko da bos

asari command0's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAI JASON View Post
Oblivion is NO FPS! Stop this right now! And great double/tripple posting by the way. You wanna keep this thread alive? Sending messages to users with links of your thread is not an alternative to this:

whaaat, the only person quadrouple posting was you. im so confused weather this is a joke or not

OT: halo
niko da bos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 05:18 PM   #56
Mackidoeshis

Definitely The Halo Series. ha
Mackidoeshis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 04:17 AM   #57
Blind Evil

Blind Evil 128's Gamercard
I voted CoD, but Crysis 2 (campaign) really impressed me. If I could combine that game's tech with Homefront's multiplayer...heaven.
Blind Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 06:45 AM   #58
TAI JASON

TAI JASON's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko da bos View Post
whaaat, the only person quadrouple posting was you. im so confused weather this is a joke or not

??? wtf, stupid ??? where i post 4 posts straight ??? Maybe you should get some glasses...
TAI JASON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 07:58 AM   #59
Ice Car

Ice Car's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko da bos View Post

Point me to where this guy ever quadruple posted. Please, enlighten us as to where, and try to spell properly.
Old 05-13-2011, 02:12 PM   #60
Darth Swifty

Darth Swifty's Gamercard
Arrow

My personal Favorite is F.E.A.R.

To this day, I have never had as much fun Playing MP (halo, COD, BF etc...), as I did for the Year Straight I played the Original F.E.A.R.'s.

I hope F.3.A.R. captures the MP Experience of the 1st, F.E.A.R. 2's Mp was a disappointment.