PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Brink
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-08-2011, 10:53 AM   #121
Zarcaic

Zarcaic's Gamercard
Never have I been so skeptical to play a game, as always when I go to buy a game I look at reviews, I like to stay away from huge franchises and play non-main stream games but when I saw all the game mechanics for Brink I just had to get it, took me like a week to actually put it on my achievement profile but I decided to about 4hrs ago. It's FUCKING AMAZING! It's got to be in my top 5 Xbox 360 games, all of the problems people were complaining about never happened to me. My teamates did Primary Objectives, Medics picked me up right away when they were by me and online didn't lag. Seriously people get this game! It's hard sometimes because your AI won't do the objective right away so you feel like rambo, but when they do it's objective based fun to the max. Brink is amazing!
Zarcaic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 03:00 PM   #122
Mist

Send a message via AIM to Mist Send a message via MSN to Mist

Morolarim's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarcaic View Post
Never have I been so skeptical to play a game, as always when I go to buy a game I look at reviews, I like to stay away from huge franchises and play non-main stream games but when I saw all the game mechanics for Brink I just had to get it, took me like a week to actually put it on my achievement profile but I decided to about 4hrs ago. It's FUCKING AMAZING! It's got to be in my top 5 Xbox 360 games, all of the problems people were complaining about never happened to me. My teamates did Primary Objectives, Medics picked me up right away when they were by me and online didn't lag. Seriously people get this game! It's hard sometimes because your AI won't do the objective right away so you feel like rambo, but when they do it's objective based fun to the max. Brink is amazing!
Oh just wait 'til you get to mission 5 with the Security forces. I had no problem up until that point, was enjoying the game like hell, then, shitty (friendly) AI, ho!
Mist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 10:43 PM   #123
Kamen Rider

DiabeticChocobo's Gamercard
This game was supposed to be completely patched, and when i tried to play it earlier with a friend it wouldn't let me used my maxed out character, even though he set the game settings to allow any level characters.

What the hell is the point of my maxed character if I can't use him with friends? I had to use a secondary character that was level six to play with my friend, and it just wasn't fun at all.
Old 10-10-2011, 06:05 AM   #124
Zarcaic

Zarcaic's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mist View Post
Oh just wait 'til you get to mission 5 with the Security forces. I had no problem up until that point, was enjoying the game like hell, then, shitty (friendly) AI, ho!

I'm almost done with the game on hard 1 more mission already did Security and then reason I haven't done the last mission is because I had to go, I am having no problem with the AI at all honestly
Old 10-10-2011, 11:03 PM   #125
Mist

Send a message via AIM to Mist Send a message via MSN to Mist

Morolarim's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarcaic View Post
I'm almost done with the game on hard 1 more mission already did Security and then reason I haven't done the last mission is because I had to go, I am having no problem with the AI at all honestly
Seems I just got there too fast (level-wise). I was having serious trouble with it as the bots would never hang around to help protect me. But as got more levels, the bots really did get smarter and made for a whole new experience. It's the middle that went sour for me.
Mist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 06:28 AM   #126
Zarcaic

Zarcaic's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mist View Post
Seems I just got there too fast (level-wise). I was having serious trouble with it as the bots would never hang around to help protect me. But as got more levels, the bots really did get smarter and made for a whole new experience. It's the middle that went sour for me.
Yeah, good to hear you are having a better experience now, I just lost my gold membership but if you ever wanna play Brink just send me a message and a friend request!
Old 10-18-2011, 07:44 PM   #127
fastNcurious

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I typed up a whole rant, but it was so long the server timed out on me and lost my post when I clicked Post. So short version:

One of the worst games I have ever played in my entire life. No exaggeration.

For a game that markets its parkour-like movement, the gameplay is clunky. Even using the light weight class, everything is just faster, but not smoother.

Horrible graphics and audio. Game is slow (almost "laggy") even when playing off the hard drive and single-player offline.

Game f%$^ing cheats all the time. Their hack was only at 85% when I killed the hacker and it said they won the round. Random deaths from nowhere. If you try to shut out the other team in the first point, your friendly AIs act drunk exactly when there are 30 seconds left in the round.

I got the game for free, but I rue the day I decided to give it a shot. Should've just traded it in.

People keep telling me the game is flawed, but it has its moments. I agree that it has its moments. It's just that all those moments are horrible.
fastNcurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 10:34 AM   #128
x RoverandOut x

x RoverandOut x's Gamercard
The AI are making me incredibly angry on Security Day 6. However I'm starting to think it's because I'm a low level and on a high difficulty. Apart from the AI it's enjoyable for the 5 I paid for it.
x RoverandOut x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 03:54 PM   #129
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by x RoverandOut x View Post
The AI are making me incredibly angry on Security Day 6. However I'm starting to think it's because I'm a low level and on a high difficulty. Apart from the AI it's enjoyable for the 5 I paid for it.
sorry to break the news but unless you get someone else to help it wont matter what level you are. Find someone on the site to help. If I had the game I'd help, but it's LONG gone.
Old 05-30-2012, 09:19 AM   #130
youre so bastos

youre so bastos's Gamercard
Sorry for resurrecting a nearly dead thread, but I have to put in my two cents.

I have recently picked the game up for $8 thinking that it would be an easy 1k. I've put in a few hours in it and the more I play this game, the more I want it to be a good game. I want to like this game so much. The premise of the game had so much potential. But the god awful teammate AI and the ridiculously overpowered bots ruin the experience. It's so obvious that this game was meant to be played with other humans given that Splash Damage completely half-assed the offline portion of the game.

The premise seemed perfect; create a game that would have both the single player and multiplayer portions flow seamlessly, but in practice, it turned out to be a complete mess. The single player hardly works and hardly anyone plays online anymore so it's hard to feel the experience that was originally intended.

But when it does work, man, as repetitive as it gets, the game is actually really entertaining. Unfortunately, those moments are rare and that entertained feel is replaced by the desire to want to punch the AI programmer in the dick.

Despite all this, I don't hate the game. If anything, I feel like a disappointed father with an unmotivated child that brings home low grades every day from school. I know it could have done better. I want it to do better and make me proud, but it just doesn't seem like it wants to try.

Every fiber of my being really, really wants to like this game. I know it could have been a great game, but the flaws are just too huge for it to get there. It just isn't happening.

Last edited by youre so bastos; 05-30-2012 at 09:30 AM.
youre so bastos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 03:43 PM   #131
TensePsychopath

TensePsychopath's Gamercard
Awful game.
TensePsychopath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 11:52 PM   #132
Ninja Sandman

Ninja Sandman's Gamercard
Even if someone accidentally gives you this game for free as a gift dont play it. Pure fucking garbage almost have all the achievements and dont even want them on my gamertag because I regret playing this game that much. It's as good as truth or lies and even less enjoyable.
Ninja Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 07:28 PM   #133
MoRICH MAN 300

MoRICH MAN 300's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
i hate this game so much,i think its because the ai in this game is so useless.

Special Thanks to Rajeanero For The Sig
MoRICH MAN 300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 03:52 AM   #134
Xenolith666

Xenolith666's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Gackt   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Gold   Micro Guide - Silver   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
If you play this on Versus (which is highly recommended) please set your Solo difficulty to 'easy'. Even though Versus is basically difficulty free, I felt a huge difference between solo/versus hard to solo/versus easy. It was very manageable at that point.
Since the versus matches are basically bots, I think the game adjusts the difficulty according to what the solo setting is; so make sure it's easy! You will still get the 'versus' related achievements.

Also if you do decide to play this game, have a friend that wants to play it too.. the online community is all but dead. I've basically finished this game in 3 days, including DLC, and I never saw 1 person online in a versus public match. I managed to find a random persons post and we hooked up for the land mine achievement and such.
100% RPG's: 38 Post #8
Proudest: Star Ocean; Dark Souls
Failing to Understand our Capacity for Kindness

Last edited by Xenolith666; 01-17-2013 at 05:05 AM.
Xenolith666 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:25 AM   #135
Slaughter.
Wot r u casul??!??

Cpt Slaugh7er's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
The AI is at least better than Mindjack, and trust me, that game was a piece of shit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
I think Halo: Reach is the best Halo game and should be played by everyone.

Slaughter. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 02:02 AM   #136
Slaughter.
Wot r u casul??!??

Cpt Slaugh7er's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Once AI is fixed, game will be awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
I think Halo: Reach is the best Halo game and should be played by everyone.

Slaughter. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 04:26 AM   #137
BluWolve
Of Wolf and Man

BluWolve's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 5   Subscriber - Platinum   Submit - Silver   A+ Thread Award   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
My AI team mate just threw a Molotov cocktail into the wall and killed 3 of the people on our team, including me. Frustrating...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty-Rex View Post
I am trained in gorilla warfare
BluWolve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 01:05 PM   #138
N00delsuppe

Antr0p0phagus's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I don't see, why so many people struggle to get the challenges done?! In my eyes the campaign is way tougher. The AI of your team mates is a real pain in the ass. They are only rarely of help. And the enemies get ridiculously strong, even on easy, as you progress through the game. I don't have xbox live, and I don't want it atm, so I don't know, if it is any good online. The game had a lot of potential, but it all get's screwed up by the fail AI...
Never before has a game gotten me that mad
N00delsuppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 12:57 PM   #139
FrozenRaptorz
Banned User

FrozenRaptorz's Gamercard
The challeneges werent that bad, it was only the parkour one that gave me some issues. I just wasn't a big fan of the actual mechanics of the game it had a less-evolved form of TFC.
FrozenRaptorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 02:40 PM   #140
Coruba

Send a message via Yahoo to Coruba

Necrolexicon's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I must be shite, the AI is not helping me at all on mission 6 of the campaign, and I just can't defuse the damn missile!
Coruba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 01:22 PM   #141
GamerPerfection

GamerPerfection's Gamercard
Fuck this game! I just can't complete Security Day 6 early launch mission on versus. The only achievement I have left. Fuck the AI.

EDIT: haha completed it!

Achievements percentage: 51%
Points percentage: 47%

100% Completion:
Retail: 10
Arcade: 10
Mobile: 3

Last edited by GamerPerfection; 06-20-2014 at 02:23 PM.
GamerPerfection is offline   Reply With Quote