PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Windows Phone Games (WP7 and WP8) > Action > Lunar Lander
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-11-2011, 11:10 AM   #1
Ooyah

Ooyah's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Full Moon!

I must say that I am a big fan of these real world achievements which have been appearing in the Game Room titles... but this must be the best yet!!! Play during a full moon! The game is supposed to be out today... when is the next full moon I wonder? Any werewolves to hand?

Many thanks to UK Dennis for this wonderful sig!
Ooyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 03:46 PM   #2
JieXY

JieXY's Gamercard
According to an online Moon Phase database, the next full moon will appear on May 17th.

Source: http://www.calendar-365.com/moon/moon-phases.html
Old 05-12-2011, 08:29 AM   #3
Arron114
Banned User

Arron114's Gamercard
Youíre joking right?

This is beyond our previous skepticisms

Controls? I dunno why im kidding myself im goign to end up buying it.
Arron114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 10:03 AM   #4
Cringer85

Cringer85's Gamercard
you can change the date/time of your phone to a future or previews full moon. Just take a look at JieXY's link for a date you like. This will unlock the achievement.

On the other hand: maybe you will experience some sort of special enlightenment or something, if you play this for real on a full moon. who knows.
Old 05-12-2011, 10:09 AM   #5
Arron114
Banned User

Arron114's Gamercard
Im considering playing it ON the moon cringe.
Old 05-12-2011, 10:35 AM   #6
Ooyah

Ooyah's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arron114 View Post
Im considering playing it ON the moon cringe.
Yeah, now just imagine an achievement like that! That would easily be the hardest achievement ever! Unless you can change the location of your phone to 'The Moon'.

Love these achievements. Have you seen the special one for Time Pilot? Class.

Old 05-12-2011, 10:58 AM   #7
Arron114
Banned User

Arron114's Gamercard
ha . no iv not seen it, go on.

I love the way we were taking the piss out of these when centerpide came out . Now we cant get enough!
Old 05-12-2011, 12:08 PM   #8
Ooyah

Ooyah's Gamercard

Quote:
ha . no iv not seen it, go on.

I love the way we were taking the piss out of these when centerpide came out . Now we cant get enough!
Yesterday's Hero - Play a single ranked game over two days. Which either means that you can pause and then resume the next day... or you actually need to be playing as 23:59 crosses over into Midnight. I hope it is the latter!

I am still annoyed that the real world speed achievement does not use the accelerometer! What other use for my washing machine now? And no excuse to jump down stairs, or throw my phone around!

Old 05-12-2011, 12:21 PM   #9
Arron114
Banned User

Arron114's Gamercard
haha. i better take 2 days off work then!

I hope its the former . My screen times out after 20 minutes max so id have to sleep in shifts.

Anything else on the horizon? GR wp7 wise.
Old 05-12-2011, 01:31 PM   #10
Ooyah

Ooyah's Gamercard

Quote:
Youíre joking right?

This is beyond our previous skepticisms

Controls? I dunno why im kidding myself im goign to end up buying it.
So I caved in. Am happy to report that the controls are good! Left and right buttons for rotation, and a slider for thrust which works very well. Should make the medals achievable on the phone. I like Lunar Lander... all these years, and it still produces those old tense feelings...

Old 05-12-2011, 02:34 PM   #11
Arron114
Banned User

Arron114's Gamercard
Haha , I also caved in. best controls yet. Its a really fun game actualy. At 26 I missed all these. You can see the attraction if you can see through the shitty graphics and simplicity.

Only the time spender and Points gold to go
Old 05-12-2011, 04:56 PM   #12
Ooyah

Ooyah's Gamercard

Quote:
Haha , I also caved in. best controls yet. Its a really fun game actualy. At 26 I missed all these. You can see the attraction if you can see through the shitty graphics and simplicity.

Only the time spender and Points gold to go
Yeah, a fun game to play.

I'm on annual leave at the moment, which means no trains, which means no travel achievements... unless I go for a jog.

By the way, in answer to your previous question, it looks like just Time Pilot and Shao-Lin's Road left in this current batch of Game Room releases... but I would not put more past them.

Old 05-12-2011, 05:48 PM   #13
litepink

litepink's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Submit - Platinum   Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooyah View Post
Yeah, a fun game to play.

I'm on annual leave at the moment, which means no trains, which means no travel achievements... unless I go for a jog.
Put your phone in your pocket and find a steep hill, maybe you'll roll fast enough!

Hey, is everyone else having issues with this achievement loading into Xbox Live Extras and then subsequently xbox.com? When I tap by Xbox Live button it has the correct score, but Xbox Live Extras and xbox.com do not have record of me achieving this.

Perhaps its because it only pulls data for achievements gained in the past? If you look at your achievements on Lunar Lander itself it says "obtained 5/17/11" (from adjusting the clock).

Achievement Guides by litepinkô
Angry Birds WP7 | Arkanoid Live! | Asteroids Deluxe WP7 | Darwinia+ | Doodle Jump | Guitar Hero 5 | Kinect Adventures | Kinect Sports: Season Two | Lego Harry Potter | Lunar Lander WP7 | MLB 2K10 | Otomedius G | Pac-Man CE DX WP7 | Rainbow Islands | Rock Band Metal Track Pack | Scott Pilgrim | Tecmo Bowl | Tiger Ď10 | Tiger Ď11

Last edited by litepink; 05-12-2011 at 07:10 PM.
litepink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 07:57 PM   #14
JieXY

JieXY's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by litepink View Post
Put your phone in your pocket and find a steep hill, maybe you'll roll fast enough!

Hey, is everyone else having issues with this achievement loading into Xbox Live Extras and then subsequently xbox.com? When I tap by Xbox Live button it has the correct score, but Xbox Live Extras and xbox.com do not have record of me achieving this.

Perhaps its because it only pulls data for achievements gained in the past? If you look at your achievements on Lunar Lander itself it says "obtained 5/17/11" (from adjusting the clock).
Please read my post in your guide thread.
Old 05-12-2011, 09:56 PM   #15
Ooyah

Ooyah's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by litepink View Post

Oh, I have already considered the hill idea! I would probably need a barrel, though!

As for the points uploading to Live, it has been fine for me so far. Yeah, it probably doesn't like the date change. I think that I will wait for the next full moon. I might even play it out on the street, whilst looking at the moon, howling, and playing Bing Crosby's "I'll be seeing you". Gotta make the most of achievements such as these!

Old 05-13-2011, 09:03 AM   #16
Arron114
Banned User

Arron114's Gamercard
Quote:
Oh, I have already considered the hill idea! I would probably need a barrel, though!

As for the points uploading to Live, it has been fine for me so far. Yeah, it probably doesn't like the date change. I think that I will wait for the next full moon. I might even play it out on the street, whilst looking at the moon, howling, and playing Bing Crosby's "I'll be seeing you". Gotta make the most of achievements such as these!

Its really fucked things up for me this. I played the harvest a couple of hours after changing my phone date and none of the achievements I got are showing up.

I assume they will show up on the 17th? We shall see.

keep this in mind with time pilot if you're changing clocks its probably always better to do it in the past then the future.
Old 05-13-2011, 10:29 AM   #17
Ooyah

Ooyah's Gamercard

Quote:
Its really fucked things up for me this. I played the harvest a couple of hours after changing my phone date and none of the achievements I got are showing up.

I assume they will show up on the 17th? We shall see.

keep this in mind with time pilot if you're changing clocks its probably always better to do it in the past then the future.
Damn, I hope that everyone who tried this will be okay come the 17th! Doesn't take much to upset XBOX live.

No, I will wait as I like the idea of doing them 'properly'... as dumb as they are!

Only a few days to wait for the moon. I had a peek at it last night, it is getting there.

But I have to say Arron that your idea of doing the Time Pilot achievement in the past is very fitting!

Old 05-13-2011, 12:59 PM   #18
litepink

litepink's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Submit - Platinum   Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Gamer Chick!
Yes, if you do any clock messing, do it in the past. I set it to the future at first and it unlocked on the phone but not on xbox.com. I did what JieXY did: I unistalled the game, redownloaded it, and did Full Moon again but for a date in the past. It worked and it's now on my card. 200/200 now.

Angry Birds WP7 | Arkanoid Live! | Asteroids Deluxe WP7 | Darwinia+ | Doodle Jump | Guitar Hero 5 | Kinect Adventures | Kinect Sports: Season Two | Lego Harry Potter | Lunar Lander WP7 | MLB 2K10 | Otomedius G | Pac-Man CE DX WP7 | Rainbow Islands | Rock Band Metal Track Pack | Scott Pilgrim | Tecmo Bowl | Tiger Ď10 | Tiger Ď11
Old 05-13-2011, 01:46 PM   #19
Arron114
Banned User

Arron114's Gamercard
I just hope my harvester stuff works the same way!

I can appreciate why xbox.con would safe guard against it though. But on the flip side if youíre going to make achievements that require you to
a: go really fast,
b: look at the moon cycle and
c: play in the future/past They should really safe guard certain forms of simple " manipulation"

Ah well. all is well that ends well. need another 12 time spender medals for the all 20 medals achievement , which is going to be the hardest for me so keep this shit coming.

For those that are moaning at the price havenít bought a crappy cup of coffee for 4 quid in the centre of a pissing down Manchester, at 6 in the morning. Waiting for an overcrowded late train. £2.50 pales in comparison.
Old 05-13-2011, 03:24 PM   #20
Cringer85

Cringer85's Gamercard
Quote:
I just hope my harvester stuff works the same way!

I can appreciate why xbox.con would safe guard against it though. But on the flip side if youíre going to make achievements that require you to
a: go really fast,
b: look at the moon cycle and
c: play in the future/past They should really safe guard certain forms of simple " manipulation"

Ah well. all is well that ends well. need another 12 time spender medals for the all 20 medals achievement , which is going to be the hardest for me so keep this shit coming.

For those that are moaning at the price havenít bought a crappy cup of coffee for 4 quid in the centre of a pissing down Manchester, at 6 in the morning. Waiting for an overcrowded late train. £2.50 pales in comparison.
you can get all time spender medals by using a rubberband on a wired controller and leave it idle or put heavy weight on a turbo controller to simulate clicking the a button. I got all time spender medals while not even playing the games.
Old 05-13-2011, 03:43 PM   #21
Arron114
Banned User

Arron114's Gamercard
Yea easy if you buy them! and if you buy them you might as well play them! unless there is something i dont know? (other then why the last hour on a friday defies time)
Old 05-13-2011, 04:40 PM   #22
Cringer85

Cringer85's Gamercard
yes. of course I played them - after all, I wanted all three gold medals in every cabinet! But some cabinets have like 2 hours time spender medals - and there is really no need to sit two hours in some games like Shark! Shark! or Lunar Lander (although this one was shorter iirc).
Old 05-14-2011, 09:25 AM   #23
Arron114
Banned User

Arron114's Gamercard
Yea true enough mate cheers.

Iill probably buy whatever i need for the 20 medals when they stop bringing the phone gr stuff out. Do we know ho wmany more we are getting? I know Ooyah mentioned another 2.
Old 05-14-2011, 10:14 AM   #24
eastx

Send a message via AIM to eastx

eastx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
The next 2 Game Room titles will be Shao-Lin's Road and Time Pilot, both great games. No other titles are announced after that. I think more GR titles are a bit unlikely as the 6 they picked to release probably won't sell very well, but it's not out of the question.
eastx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 06:24 PM   #25
Arron114
Banned User

Arron114's Gamercard
Cant wait to see the time pilot controls, they are shit on a pad never mind a phone!
Old 05-15-2011, 12:15 PM   #26
Ooyah

Ooyah's Gamercard

Quote:
Cant wait to see the time pilot controls, they are shit on a pad never mind a phone!
My thinking is that the game controls in a way similar to Asteroids... and Asteroids controlled just fine on the phone. Fingers crossed!

By the way, I couldn't agree more with your coffee analogy! I usually use cinema tickets as an example... £10 for two hours of entertainment, and few complain about that! £2.49 for a game isn't bad at all, really.

Old 05-15-2011, 02:27 PM   #27
Cringer85

Cringer85's Gamercard
Quote:
My thinking is that the game controls in a way similar to Asteroids... and Asteroids controlled just fine on the phone. Fingers crossed!

By the way, I couldn't agree more with your coffee analogy! I usually use cinema tickets as an example... £10 for two hours of entertainment, and few complain about that! £2.49 for a game isn't bad at all, really.
My comparison is usually people buying ice-cream, which maybe gives enjoyment for 10 minutes. About the same enjoyment I get on completing one of these games quickly - so nothing wrong with that... Some people called me names again at trueachievements in last weeks' news, when I was glad about quick completion in Lunar Lander.

Just saw there is a Luna-moon-calender application out now on the wp7. Fittingly for this game
Old 05-16-2011, 11:12 AM   #28
Ooyah

Ooyah's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cringer85 View Post
My comparison is usually people buying ice-cream, which maybe gives enjoyment for 10 minutes. About the same enjoyment I get on completing one of these games quickly - so nothing wrong with that... Some people called me names again at trueachievements in last weeks' news, when I was glad about quick completion in Lunar Lander.

Just saw there is a Luna-moon-calender application out now on the wp7. Fittingly for this game
Hilarious when people on achievement sites berate somebody for wanting achievements!

Yeah, food is a very good example all round, actually. I work in London, so a simple sandwich can be around £3.00. I would much rather have a game which I can play anytime. That's the problem with food. No replay value.

Well, the moon should be going all out tomorrow night, so I will give it a shot. Or maybe the game will be forgiving and let it pop tonight. I mean, it is near enough, come on...

Old 05-16-2011, 01:01 PM   #29
litepink

litepink's Gamercard

Quote:
maybe the game will be forgiving and let it pop tonight. I mean, it is near enough, come on...
When I first changed my clock, I changed it to date of the full moon without changing the time, and it didn't work. Then I changed the time to a miunute before and quickly entered my game and it worked then. Not sure what kind of wiggle room there is.

Old 05-16-2011, 01:31 PM   #30
Arron114
Banned User

Arron114's Gamercard
I canít wait till tomorrow night. I donít know whatís going to go down. with all the stuff that messed up when I changed my clock I think my phone might explode!

Look at some of the reviews on the market place on your phone for a laugh. I can understand like Iíve said before if you are not into game room you might want a full release but the response from people that hold 2.49 so dear (not to mention you can trail the game) is laughable.

Iím absolutely feeling the ice cream comparison as well + less sugar.