Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooters > Brink
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-19-2011, 05:53 PM   #31
Opiate42

Location: Canada, likely stuck in a snowdrift...with no shovel

Opiate42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Traded-in for it, and it will be traded in.

Rental at most, or get a good trade-in deal towards it. Not worth the full new-release retail price. I'd agree with the 5/10, wouldn't call it cack on toast but I would say it's something unappetizing over stale moldy bread to be sure.

I was playing with friends. Still found it to be a frustrating mess. The variety of class customization is interesting but really to play enough matches to unlock the fun stuff.... I'm not sure I'm willing to do that time commitment at this point.

The premise of the story is interesting but those tiny mini-cinematic bits are pathetic in conveying it. I just don't care. The only thing I find interesting about the game is the art style. Which is different, but really not that appealing or even noticeable when the game itself is a frustrating mess.

The "parkour" in it is sadly undercooked. They could have lifted the Mirror's Edge free-running mechanics and had something that derivative or not, at least worked. They play control in Brink is slow, cumbersome, and tedious.

"Hit it"
Opiate42 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 04:43 AM   #32
cloud72

cloud72's Gamercard
the more i play this game online the better it gets
Old 05-20-2011, 01:48 PM   #33
Danxex

Danxex's Gamercard
I think the game is really fun but they need to balance the guns. The only 2 guns I ever use are the carb-9 and the machine pistol on my light class with the largest clip for each and I can take down almost anyone.
Danxex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 07:30 PM   #34
DUECE9984

Great game online bad game offline
DUECE9984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 04:42 PM   #35
DayV3d

DayV3d's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
some minor lag aside i really enjoy this game. best part tough: no effin cod kiddies!
its... beautiful *sheds manly tears*

even the bots work great. i bet those people complaining about them dont understand that the bots have cooldown on their abilities too..

only real complaint so far, some matches tend to lag like hell while others dont. but they promised to fix that.
Old 05-22-2011, 05:34 PM   #36
ItalianWeapons

Dompalicious's Gamercard
I thought it was a fun game! I didnt have much lag but the AI's do suck
ItalianWeapons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 06:52 PM   #37
Scotty
Shut up and Kiss Me!!

Scotty x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   Donator - Level 4   Green Thumb - Silver   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   x360a Representer   Subscriber - Bronze   Road Map - Gold   A+ Thread Award   2,500 Posts   Micro Guide - Emerald
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
im loving this game so far, easily a solid 7/10 from me. my main complaint is how fuckin hard it is. and i know it sounds like a bitchy complaint but when i put a game on easy i wanna at least beat the first mission without punching a hole in my wall. besides that though the customisation is great and the replayability for me is high even the there are a limited number of things to do. i just wish there were more guns
Old 05-24-2011, 03:08 AM   #38
Kiati

Kiati's Gamercard
Great game if you are playing online, especially with friends. Challenges can get controller-throwing-frustrating at times, and the AI can occasionally be moronic (cool downs or not...), but otherwise its a really fun game. I am looking forward to a few new maps to play on, the few they have are getting slightly old, and I definitely want to keep playing. If you measure your manhood by your K/D ratio, then stick to other online shooters. If you play well with others, then give Brink a try.
Kiati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 09:25 PM   #39
III TYGRA III

III TYGRA III's Gamercard
My general opinions on brink

Brink is a new and refreshing Multi player game which finally brakes the boring mould that is COD, and games that copy COD (homefront for example).

Brink is a fantastic idea, but the idea has been executed poorly.

The graphics are ok at best. I have never been too fussed about graphics in games, so ill let this go.

It should have a great story and it does, for the first 5 minute cut scene. Not good im afraid.

The AI is probably the stupidest AI i have ever seen in a game. Now this wouldn't bother me if it werent for the fact that a lot of MP games have awful connections.

However, I would not put people off buying this game for two very good reasons.

1, the fact that in a really refreshing, new idea which, if executed properly, could attract a massive fan base.

2, the creators, splash damage have agknowledged the problems. They have said it isn't good enough, they are fixing it. For a company to be so in touch with the people playing their game is a very rare thing. Add to this that they will be making the first DLC FREE, and you have a game which has UBER potential and a company who is doing everything they can to iron out the errors.

For me this means that soon we will have a shinny new, fun, team based game.
III TYGRA III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 10:48 PM   #40
ODST Kayne

ODST Kayne's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
You're going to get a couple people like me who pretty much agree with you, but a lot more are going to start flaming, and then everyone starts yelling at each other over the internets and everyone is sad. I like the game, but the debate about whether or not to get it is getting very annoying to me.

Time to start a new character 100
Reach Rank 5
ODST Kayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 12:27 AM   #41
Blessed Sin

Send a message via Yahoo to Blessed Sin Send a message via Skype™ to Blessed Sin

CulpaExMachina's Gamercard
I find it quite fun. I hope the DLC ads to it. Haven't touched my xbox in a week, though, so I think tonight I might play some. But nothing beats L4D2 for me. I play it all the time with friends. I just wish more of my friends had Brink, then I'd probably play it more.

Blessed Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 11:32 PM   #42
Firedog900

Firedog900's Gamercard
This game is great if you have a group of buddy's who are willing to play a TEAM game.

If your more of a lone wolf player then i would advise you not to buy this game but to lest try it out.
Firedog900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 10:39 AM   #43
Anji

xx anji xx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
I think the best story I heard about brink was from somebody I was playing with. He said he asked the guy at Game stop should he buy the game. The employee told him that another customer got Brink and returned it 3 hours later. Nuff said...

I would say rent it or buy it used. Because I brought it used and returned it 4 days later having every achievement and got a good game in portal 2 in exchange. The funny thing was the game stop had a draw full of returned Brink games and he didn't ask me why I was returning it.

I'm a guy who has played alot of bad games, this one felt like the worst because of price and the hype. It is a rent all the way and I would say buy it when it hits 20 bucks. Awful, awful game.

Anji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 11:01 AM   #44
CoregBlue1

Send a message via MSN to CoregBlue1

Blue x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   x360a Representer   Submit - Bronze   Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
am i the only one that thinks this is a great game?

except the lag, which is gonna be fixed with the DLC, this game is so much fun to play with friends.

we played 6 player coop yesterday on hard in campaign and it was great. its just a different kind of shooter, you guys have to be open for. i am a battlefield player, and this no more headshot -and hit and run kills is where mainly your problem is imo.

Thanks to Gackt for this amazing sig!
My MAL

BlazBlue Chrono Phantasma in Early 2014!
CoregBlue1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 10:16 AM   #45
Andreas_loel

mr fiskeh's Gamercard

Easily one of the worst shooters ive played on the 360, ive played most of my time with bots and i know its supposed to be played with humans.

But long story short

Imagine you are playing either Bad company 2 or Any Cod game in demolition, now imagine its only 1 objective and you are on your own meanwhile you will have 8 enemies constantly spraying you when you get within a 20 feet radius to the objective.
Run in - die - respawn - repeat = Welcome to brink.
All videos showed crisp Mirrors edge looking gameplay, the game looks and plays like garbage.

Thats basically how this game plays vs hard bots solo

I managed to get Hard as nails solo, but its been one fucking frustrating journey, fuck you splash damage im so happy my little brothers poor gaming taste managed to save me from paying for this garbage

Youtube
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrDoggson
Andreas_loel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 07:18 AM   #46
Phat Chimpanzee

phat chimpanzee's Gamercard
No way is this a buy game. multiplayer was laggy, rarely full, and the game overall is just boring. And no need to go into how terrible the AI team members are.

100,000 6-5-11

Phat Chimpanzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 09:44 AM   #47
XDesertClawX

XDesertClawX's Gamercard
i like this game. i expirienced lag in only 2-3 matches from 30. i think it has the better multiplayer and LESS lag then crysis 2. i think if you want to choose beetween brink and crysis 2 take brink. and yes it is hard sometimes...

My Youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/XxDesertClawX?feature=mhee
XDesertClawX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 08:51 AM   #48
Tourius

Tourius's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas_loel View Post
I managed to get Hard as nails solo, but its been one fucking frustrating journey,
I think this might be the issue your having dude you need to hit it up online with other people. I started solo offline and thought the game was rather medioka but I decided I wanted the 'Hard as Nails' achievement and online was the way to go. The first group I played with went so well I ended up with the 'They never knew what hit them' and the game shot from ok to awesome.
Tourius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 10:30 AM   #49
XDesertClawX

XDesertClawX's Gamercard
If you are unsure go and play the multiplayer demo...

My Youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/XxDesertClawX?feature=mhee
XDesertClawX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 07:08 AM   #50
AFreakinCabbag3

AFreakinCabbag3's Gamercard

If you play it as solo you will hate it because its not designed for solo.

World's First Team to 100% Dungeon Fighter Online
Spelling and grammar? Over-rated!
AFreakinCabbag3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 06:38 PM   #51
Schreckofant

Schreckofant's Gamercard
You have to get into a game with other people first ... and that's almost impossible, at least for me. Just once got into a game with more than 3-4 human beings in my team. And even if you're lucky enough to do so, it's unplayable. Playing with a 56K-Modem was more convenient 20 years ago, than playing Brink with 30MB. I'd have never thought, that the game IS actually as bad as everyone keeps saying. It's horrible bullshit.

I'm currently trying to get the remaining audio logs, but I just can't do it, because the Bot AI while attacking is...just wow, how can you create such a bad AI in 2011? I mean I'm playing against EASY Bots, but it's still impossible because you're basically playing by yourself.

I paid 10 € for that crap and it's not even worth that much. I actually killed one controller playing it and made a big scratch into my table.

Last edited by Schreckofant; 06-15-2011 at 06:45 PM.
Schreckofant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 11:28 AM   #52
Ballscar

Ballscar's Gamercard
No single-player.

It should say on the box "no point in buying this game if you are going to play alone"
Ballscar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 11:32 AM   #53
Ballscar

Ballscar's Gamercard
I feel for you, I pre-ordered this game, paid $70(can) and can't remember ever feeling more ripped off for a game.
Ballscar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 05:33 PM   #54
KonaKid

Negimalevolent's Gamercard
If you ask me, I have to say I love this game, contrary to the beleif of what would seem to be the whle world :s Although the AI are seriously broken I believe the game is very fun, although, the reason for this is most likely because I have no means of using Xbox LIVE (If there's a way to set it up while keeping our old Windows XP computer and changing internet and stuff like that I'd be happy to hear it ) so the game for me is like having the Xbox Live experience without it and well worth the money I paid for it

P.S: Quite annoyed about the constant "I'm capturing the health command post" being called out all the time xD Stupid AI, come help me for once!
KonaKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 05:37 PM   #55
CACTUS

CACTUS666's Gamercard
I LOVE IT!
i have had no problem with lag also picked it up for 21 so was very happy
CACTUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 08:11 PM   #56
ChosenOne

SlayingADragon's Gamercard
I found the game for $20 used at gohastings.com, do you guys think that is a good price for it or should I still keep for waiting for price drops?
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 02:29 PM   #57
Pete1210

Pete1210's Gamercard
I'd say its worth a try for $20.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schreckofant View Post
You have to get into a game with other people first ... and that's almost impossible, at least for me. Just once got into a game with more than 3-4 human beings in my team.
I was having the same problem in the Campaign menu.
But under Freeplay menu last night I got into a match that was nearly full.

Last edited by Pete1210; 07-06-2011 at 01:08 PM.
Pete1210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 06:29 AM   #58
PerkyPlatypusV2

Perky v3's Gamercard
Got the game, no lag issuse, maybe because of the patch when the dlc came out, absolutly love it, except for the fact that hard solo is like impossible because of he stupid AI
PerkyPlatypusV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 11:44 PM   #59
Azazel_Valkyrie

Louie Cyphers's Gamercard
Really not a buy for me, I got it through gamefly and got all achievements within 3 days. I was not totally sick of the game but I just could not bring myself to play it anymore, there just isn't that much to do.

Horrible A.I., lag with other players, limited maps and objectives....and then some. I'm glad I did not buy this game. It was fun for a while but just the lack of polish killed it for me.
Old 09-27-2011, 01:20 PM   #60
Anji

xx anji xx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
I just rented this game from a red box to get the free achievements and I am currently "Reactor boosting". What a piece of shit this game is...... seriously.

I think when I brought this game I was playing games from different genres, but I knew this was a rip off back then. But now coming back to this game after doing games like Bullet storm, dead space 1&2, Gears of War 3, Dead Island.............. boy, what a drop off eh???

I mean, I come back to the game and play with my engineer/solider and I'm wondering why I left him as a light body class. That class dies way too fast and can't use any of the better guns(there are no good guns in this game, it's all relative shades of throwing nails in a tin can). I switch to the medium body type and realize the reason. This game plays slow as hell!!!! How can have game based on movement and parcore, have characters who move soooo slow?? The slide is a joke and your running speed is at a speed walking pace. Even the chucky space marines from epic move at a faster pace and they are pretty much standard for player models that play way bigger than they look.

What a joke of a game, I have to look at my satchel charges in exactly the middle to detonate it??? I have to be within arms reach to plant the charge as well??? Most games allow you to throw charges and detonate them with a hold of your reload button so you can multi task, like guard a door with your gun and another direction with your charge. How do you mess that up??

And was the Gun turret in the game always this terrible??? I'm watching AI players run up and past my turret before it even shoots a shot........... are these the reasons for you to get to level 20, for perks that don't do a damn thing??

Why do you have to pick a character when you start in the main menu??? Your telling me I have to either have a strong character in 1/2 classes tops or a jack of all trades that does nothing great to play this game. I can't just go in the comstation and switch between charter's on the fly, I have to either always be a medic or some crappy Medic,solider,engineer mix???

......and wouldn't you just know it, the team really needs a Operator, guess I got to quite out to the main menu and select my other build. SHM

This game is trash, and I have to say if you like this trash you either are one of those "go against grain types" or you just don't know what a good shooter should play like in 2011. Team fortress/Shadow run/Bad Company 1&2/War for cybertron, go play those games if you really want to play a classed based shooter and something also passes the smell test, IMO.

Anji is offline   Reply With Quote