Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Racing > Fuel
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-06-2009, 11:22 AM   #1
Shiftykris

shiftykris's Gamercard
Who thinks this game is sweet?

I'm loving the game, its HUGE, the Grfx are ok, so there not brill but for the size of the game there good. Lots to do, keeps you entertained. Who agrees? An no haters plz, just want to see how many ppl ACTUALLY like it.
Shiftykris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 12:22 PM   #2
InWaiting
Banned User

trentmanson26's Gamercard
I absolutely love this game! It has got everything I like..open world, offroad vehicles, day/night cycle, a bit of customization, long career, different types of races, not that difficult, lots of little things to discover, I can go on and on! This game is one of the best racers ever and I don't understand how it could be getting such bad ratings! It makes no sense at all. Every game has issues of course but this one doesnt have nearly enough to deserve a "5" average rating! I give this game a solid 8/10. If they give it an nice update to fix the few issues I will totally give this a 9/10!!!
InWaiting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 01:26 PM   #3
InWaiting
Banned User

BTW: The graphics are fantastic, especially for such a large game! It uses the same graphics engine as "DIRT", which is not the same as "GRID". The "EGO" engine which was used for "GRID" will also be used for "DIRT 2"
Old 06-06-2009, 01:29 PM   #4
skel3t0n

WolfParade's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   SOTF Runner Up
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Yeah I love this game, when it comes down to it, the game is just FUN. And I love it just for that. I can see myself playing this for a long time.

skel3t0n / valensi / youtube
skel3t0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 01:49 PM   #5
Pure Efficiency

Pure Efficiency's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I definitely love this game, and the achievements are top notch.
Pure Efficiency is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 01:50 PM   #6
lost-catalyst

lost catalyst's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by InWaiting View Post
BTW: The graphics are fantastic, especially for such a large game! It uses the same graphics engine as "DIRT", which is not the same as "GRID". The "EGO" engine which was used for "GRID" will also be used for "DIRT 2"
if i'm not mistaken the EGO engine is used in DiRT and GRID but not fuel

Asobo studios made a whole new engine from the ground up to incorperate this masive game.

trust me there's a huge difference between th fuel engine and the EGO engine. and EGO is far far superior
lost-catalyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 01:53 PM   #7
Pure Efficiency

Quote:
Originally Posted by lost-catalyst View Post

Asobo studios made a whole new engine from the ground up to incorperate this masive game.

trust me there's a huge difference between th fuel engine and the EGO engine. and EGO is far far superior
I agree. There's a lot more object popping in Fuel. Just driving at 90mph makes plants and trees pop up from nowhere in front of you.
Old 06-06-2009, 01:54 PM   #8
Barad
High on Life

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
This game is near Perfect and a Brilliant game!

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 02:17 PM   #9
InWaiting
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lost-catalyst View Post

Actually you may be right about Asobo studios making a whole new engine for the game, but DIRT does not use the "EGO" engine. The "EGO" engine will be used for DIRT 2 and therefore the graphics for DIRT 2 will be on par with "GRID"! "DIRT" uses the "NEON" engine!

Last edited by InWaiting; 06-06-2009 at 03:04 PM.
Old 06-06-2009, 02:19 PM   #10
Pure Efficiency

Is GRID good? I've heard a lot of things about it but I've never actually seen the game.
Old 06-06-2009, 02:37 PM   #11
InWaiting
Banned User

Quote:
Actually you may be right about Asobo studios making a whole new engine for the game, but DIRT does not use the "EGO" engine. The "EGO" engine will be used for DIRT 2 and therefore the graphics for DIRT 2 will be on par with "GRID"!

Personally I think "GRID" is almost a perfect racing game in everyway way. The only thing is that I find it a very difficult game and I am unable to play it for that reason. But the graphics are absolutely the best!!!
Old 06-06-2009, 05:44 PM   #12
Heron T Beagle

I didnt like this game much when i first played it. The more time I spend with it the more I like it. It is way more fun with a friend as well.
Old 06-06-2009, 07:58 PM   #13
blitz7287

xxI BL1TZ Ixx's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure Efficiency View Post
Is GRID good? I've heard a lot of things about it but I've never actually seen the game.
Grid is awesome mate. and i saw it in my local blockbusters pre-owned for 7.99 you should definitely pick a copy up.

but back on subject fuel is great some of the races are abit annoying when there in the same car but get like 200-odd meters in front of you lol. but yeah its great.
blitz7287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 10:09 PM   #14
DLStChad II

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I love this game also, I hear alot of people talkin about the graphics and how they aren't perfect, but to be honest you could have a game with the best ever graphics and absolute shit gameplay and a game like this with good graphics(but not perfect) and amazing gameplay and fun to play and which 1 would you want? I know which game id go for. Graphics dont make a game, the gameplay does.

Oh and GRID is awesome, quite easy 1000 aswell.
Old 06-07-2009, 01:00 AM   #15
Pure Efficiency

Quote:
Personally I think "GRID" is almost a perfect racing game in everyway way. The only thing is that I find it a very difficult game and I am unable to play it for that reason. But the graphics are absolutely the best!!!
Is it more of an arcade racer or?
Old 06-07-2009, 01:04 AM   #16
TwistedFate

Bobo daMunkee's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure Efficiency View Post
Is it more of an arcade racer or?
It's sits between arcade and sim, but it's more towards the arcade.

TwistedFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 10:04 PM   #17
Kroz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heron T Beagle View Post
I didnt like this game much when i first played it. The more time I spend with it the more I like it. It is way more fun with a friend as well.
me too, it was a bit annoying at first, but once you get used to the handling and style, its great fun. i love this game to bits now, and the more i play it just gets better
Kroz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 11:33 AM   #18
kero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroz View Post
me too, it was a bit annoying at first, but once you get used to the handling and style, its great fun. i love this game to bits now, and the more i play it just gets better
Thats exactly what i thought.

Also its great value. It will take weeks to finish off everything.
kero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 12:56 PM   #19
tmg100

TMG100's Gamercard
Love it!!! Its a bit hit and miss, some bits look great, untill it turns dark then its shit, handling is like driving on ice which i didnt think there was any in the desert.

But for all its bad points like has been said before its good fun, and will take a while to do!

NICE!
Old 06-08-2009, 02:16 PM   #20
ferrara316

ferrara316's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
i would say this game is just plain ol' addicting for some strange reason lol.

The racing can be tough and stressful (especially for those 3 stars!)

But when i come home wasted or whatever. Free roaming in this game is amazing! Its the most relaxing game when it comes to that honestly.
ferrara316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 08:49 AM   #21
ZedChuva

ZedChuva's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
So far, after playing for about 2hrs, this game is just a "meh" for me. Not regretting buying it yet, but I have a feeling, with the TERRIBLE rubber banding issues of the AI, I may not finish many races, and just free roam forever. The controls land somewhere between GRiD and DiRT for me. Not quite the arcade controls of DiRT (which I love), and not quite as "simmy" as GRiD (which I just think is okay... not a sim guy). I don't know, it's hit and miss really. Look forward to exploring, but as for races... I'll do as many as I need to I think.
Old 06-09-2009, 11:12 AM   #22
Rooster Racing

Rooster Racing's Gamercard
I have to be honest and say that the game is actually better than I expected!!! The best way to describe this game to anyone who does not yet have it is Mad Max v's Test Drive Unlimited.

If you don't like Test Drive you won't like this!!!

Yes there are some minor issues (loading times!!) with the game, but blasting across the landscape in a variety of vehicles takes some beating!! I have already some really memorable gaming moments.

Having read the various on-line reviews I was sceptical (and a little concerned) about by pre-order, but it is well worth the 30. Its probably not everyones cup of tea, but as someone who plays a lot of racing games (look at my profile!!!) it gets a big thumbs up from me!!!

Rooster
Rooster Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 07:11 PM   #23
EcT Felix

OMG! This game totally sucks! AVATAR IS BETTER! HANNAH MONTANA IS BETTER!! Worst game ever! Bad job Codemasters, Bad job
Old 06-10-2009, 09:14 PM   #24
xV II Z II O Nx

Send a message via Skype™ to xV II Z II O Nx

Viiziionn's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by EcT Felix View Post
OMG! This game totally sucks! AVATAR IS BETTER! HANNAH MONTANA IS BETTER!! Worst game ever! Bad job Codemasters, Bad job
Ok Felix First you post a thread how bad this game is then you post a reply in here dude go bash this game somewere else The topic starter said hmm i think NO HATERS go troll some where else how about you go play your hannah montana fuckstick

xV II Z II O Nx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 01:16 AM   #25
Pure Efficiency

Quote:
Originally Posted by EcT Felix View Post
Why the hell do you feel like you need to spread you ignorant opinions all over the place? No one cares. Everyone in the FUEL forum actually enjoys the game, that's why we come here in the first place. Stop using your lack of skills to try to wreck the experience for the rest of us.
Old 06-11-2009, 01:23 AM   #26
itb72

itb72's Gamercard
this is good to know. whenever i decide to finish Pure, i will buy this as my next racing game. it definitely looks pretty fun to play, and the graphics doesn't have to be topnotch. i'm more for the gameplay and fun factor of it, especially online and the easy achievements. offroad open world racing with all types of vehicles.... i'm stoked for this.
games 100% pwned: Assassin's Creed -- Bourne Conspiracy, The -- Cabela's Outdoor Adventures -- Call of Duty 2 -- Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare -- Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 -- Conan -- Dash of Destruction* -- Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion -- Fallout 3 -- Fight Night Round 3 -- Gun -- King Kong -- Lego Star Wars The Complete Saga -- Magic: The Gathering* -- Need For Speed Most Wanted -- PacMan* -- Rapala Fishing Frenzy 2009 -- Star Wars The Force Unleashed.

*XBLA game
itb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 04:53 AM   #27
XxIPUNISH3RIxX

Send a message via AIM to XxIPUNISH3RIxX Send a message via Skype™ to XxIPUNISH3RIxX

Denial Magic's Gamercard
Talking

I love this game. I like open world to race in there so much open road on a disc man i taught ea games was going to make one but they all make it so small like NFS underground thats really small to travel not like fuel you have 5,500 miles to cruise in offline and online now thats crazy

100,000GS Achieved11/29/09
XxIPUNISH3RIxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 06:27 AM   #28
EcT Felix

SOrry then.... I just said my opinion!
Old 06-11-2009, 06:32 AM   #29
xV II Z II O Nx

Send a message via Skype™ to xV II Z II O Nx

Viiziionn's Gamercard
if you like Hannah Montana better you should be shot in the foot and in the eyes cause your obviously blind mate!

xV II Z II O Nx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 12:13 PM   #30
InWaiting
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by xV II Z II O Nx View Post
if you like Hannah Montana better you should be shot in the foot and in the eyes cause your obviously blind mate!
LOL agreed!!!