PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Duke Nukem Forever
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-15-2011, 08:05 PM   #1
Method

Method x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   x360a Representer   Road Map - Emerald   PAX Meet 2010   Achievement Guide - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Gold   1,000 Posts   Member of the Month   A+ Thread Award   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 13 (more» ...)
Official Bitching Thread

Apparently this game needs one. Post your gripes and complaints in this thread. Users that make new threads to bitch will have their threads deleted and be punished. Enjoy complaining

Method is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 08:17 PM   #2
UltimateTT66

UltimateTT66's Gamercard
super slow load times...
UltimateTT66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 08:44 PM   #3
gazmaster1

Gazmaster3D's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Silver   1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
people who moan the game is dated....thats the whole point but there is one genuine issue I have and that is the slow texture loading after re-loading a game, only a small gripe.

Last edited by gazmaster1; 06-15-2011 at 09:12 PM.
gazmaster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 09:12 PM   #4
Gackt
Banned User

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   The Helping Hand   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Not much to say about this game. The loading is slow and game is not very fun. Don't waste your money.
Gackt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 09:16 PM   #5
Capt_Ron CFH 01

Capt Ron CFH 01's Gamercard
Not enough sharks!
My BoS edition comic even had smart sharks in it.

The load times are the worst thing and if you're not dying evey 5 mins you don't have to worry about them that much.
Capt_Ron CFH 01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 09:19 PM   #6
DeanBriggz

B1zuk's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by gazmaster1 View Post
people who moan the game is dated....thats the whole point.
So DNF being a throwback from the 90s or 'dated' is a good excuse for it to be a low quality, badly put together excuse for a video game? Doom 3 could've pulled the same crap - but they didn't. And because of that the game received a pretty impressive reception.

I do wish to see a sequel to DNF in the future though, and hopefully it'll be all Gearbox's work.

As for the topic.. quite a few things bothered me; long loading screens, two weapon limit, very linear gameplay, very bad level design in some parts and no jet-pack in SP. Seems like a fairly easy 1000g though, if I can get around to doing Insane .

Last edited by DeanBriggz; 06-15-2011 at 09:21 PM.
DeanBriggz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 09:24 PM   #7
gazmaster1

Gazmaster3D's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Silver   1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanBriggz View Post
So DNF being a throwback from the 90s or 'dated' is a good excuse for it to be a low quality, badly put together excuse for a video game? Doom 3 could've pulled the same crap - but they didn't. And because of that the game recieved a pretty impressive reception.

I do wish to see a sequel to DNF in the future though, and hopefully it'll be all Gearbox's work.

As for the topic.. quite a few things bothered me; long loading screens, two weapon limit, very linear gameplay and very bad level design in some parts. Seems like a fairly easy 1000g though, if I can get around to doing Insane .
there are plenty of low quality of games which are fun to play, im not saying this is a revolution just that it is different, in a way inspired by late 90's FPS gaming and I have found memory's of that particular era. Thus I like the game.

Last edited by gazmaster1; 06-16-2011 at 12:15 AM.
gazmaster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 09:25 PM   #8
H4mstergeddon

H4ms73rg3dd0n's Gamercard
Slowpoke

The loading times are like 1 min long even thou you install on hard drive.

and yes, the comic had sharks (Syntethically mutated attack robot terrorist SHARKS) where are they ?

but worth the 90 € i spent for BoS ed. ABSO-FUCKIN-LUTELY
H4mstergeddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 10:35 PM   #9
DarkReign2021
Banned User

DarkReign2021's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Worst part of DNF? The people that sit here and complain about how horrible this game is. After my time spent with the Single Player and Multiplayer components, I can safely say that no matter how dated this game is, it's still 10x more enjoyable than any of these "record selling" Call of Duty games that the whole industry has gone stupid over. (Have fun paying $60 for the same game you get every year. I'll be enjoying my Duke Nukem and looking forward to DLC and sequels.)
DarkReign2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 11:36 PM   #10
hype

IncredibleHype's Gamercard
i don't really have any gripes other than the loading times. i came in this knowing what to expect for many reasons...

1. i've played the other Duke Nukem games, so i know how cumbersome certain shit can be at a point.

2. i didn't expect it to be like "OMFG, nu shewterszsz, mum plx plox can i hasz??!!...gunna b teh gr8tis gayme of teh summersz!!" as some people apparently did.

3. i knew it was more primarily for nostalgic/humor purposes (much like Eat Lead) than an actual serious shooter (i.e. Call of Duty, Halo, etc.)

people are bitching about the most ridiculous shit in video games. i mean if you've followed ANYTHING about this game within the past few fucking years, you'd know it LOOKS average quality for a fucking reason. it wasn't MEANT to be "mindfucking gotdamn greatest 1080p quality you've ever seen with your shitty eyeballs!!!", yet a nostalgic feel/look reminiscent of the previous Nukem games.

i mean seriously folks...get a fucking grip. if u want uber 2160p graphics, go the fuck outside for a while & get a glimpse of things that actually fucking exist, like PEOPLE & BUILDINGS. 3D enough for u?

as far as everything else, it still feels like the older Nukem games to me, even the fucked up controls, which i DIDN'T expect, but oh well. no me importa. this is what they make GameFly for. if u feel like u wasted $60 on it because u just absolutely fuckin had to have it at launch...tough shit. maybe next time you'll wait for a review, rent it or try other venues before opting to be the very first one of your geek fucking friends to have a game so u can look cool saying u have it...

*edit i'm also guessing 90% of the whiny babies will be age ranged 13-17, maybe 18...so they won't even understand what Nukem's all about & probably bought it/had their mother buy it because other people were talking about it. pretty sure most of the people (notice i said MOST, not ALL) aged 24+ will appreciate it for what it's worth so far, if they in fact enjoyed other Nukem titles.

hijo del maliante puro.

Last edited by hype; 06-15-2011 at 11:40 PM.
hype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 12:00 AM   #11
DOA_Rose

doarose's Gamercard
rediculous load times, 2-weapon limit, terrible physics in minigames, enemies do WAY too much damage half the time ( maybe I just suck, idk... ), no jet pack, no achievements if cheats are on ( seriously devs, don't make me choose between achievements and FUN )

Last edited by DOA_Rose; 06-16-2011 at 12:10 AM.
DOA_Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 01:11 AM   #12
XVANQU1SHEDX

Vendetro's Gamercard
This game takes forever to load and after 12 years of work i think they could have made it a bit....how do i say.....smoother. The game was a massive disappointment at first but after my second play through i started to like it a bit more

Last edited by XVANQU1SHEDX; 06-16-2011 at 01:14 AM.
XVANQU1SHEDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 02:54 AM   #13
Killbomb

Killbomb's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOA_Rose View Post
rediculous load times, 2-weapon limit, terrible physics in minigames, enemies do WAY too much damage half the time ( maybe I just suck, idk... ), no jet pack, no achievements if cheats are on ( seriously devs, don't make me choose between achievements and FUN )
Why should the devs allow you to get achievements while using cheats? It defeats the whole purpose of them. Then again, maybe you'd like every game to just have 1 achievement worth 1000G for pressing start at the main menu.
Old 06-16-2011, 03:34 AM   #14
nappster187

Nappster187's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killbomb View Post
maybe you'd like every game to just have 1 achievement worth 1000G for pressing start at the main menu.
awesome idea

Completed Retail & DLC: 28
latest: Madden NFL 25(xb1 & 360)

Completed Arcade: 7
Latest: Uno Rush
nappster187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 04:07 AM   #15
xtreme2252

Send a message via AIM to xtreme2252 Send a message via MSN to xtreme2252 Send a message via Yahoo to xtreme2252 Send a message via Skype™ to xtreme2252

Xtreme2252's Gamercard
Queen Bitch. Worst boss design ever. You have to throw grenades on bouncy things, which take 4 seconds to reach her, and then detonate, then shoot her with rockets. Sounds simple enough, BUT-- she's invincible when she attacks, and she can attack as many times as and any time she wants, so you pretty much have to cross your fingers and hope the game even gives you a chance to stun her with the grenades. Then at the end, you have to kill octopus' with your secondary firearm, whatever you brought along since they don't provide you with any non-expolosive weaponry at the boss fight, and you have to be careful after killing one and shooting rockets that one doesn't spawn in and throw it back at you
xtreme2252 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 05:22 AM   #16
BurningStickMan

BurningStickMan's Gamercard
Complaints:

1) The 360 port. Urf. What happened there?

2) Duke needs to do more cardio. Sure he bench 600, but he can't run more that a few feet without getting winded.
BurningStickMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 10:50 AM   #17
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Graphics, loading times & most of all Octabrains on Insane.
Old 06-16-2011, 12:50 PM   #18
EliteShadowMan

EliteShadowMan's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Laggy multiplayer unless if your the host, and the horrific loading times.
Old 06-16-2011, 03:16 PM   #19
D00mM4r1n3

D00mM4r1n3's Gamercard
The enemies take too many shots to kill on Easy mode. There's a review out there where the reviewer says that's "faithful" to the old-school FPS games (Doom, Quake, Duke3d), but it isn't. The old school games you could kill an enemy with a single shotgun blast to the head or 3-4 shots with a pistol. I'll just wait for the PC version to hit the bargain bin and go through it with cheats rather than waste time trying to get achievements on the 360.

100% Retail: Avatar, Bolt, Cars, Lego Batman, Lego Indiana Jones, Lego Indiana Jones 2: TAC, Lego Star Wars: TCS, Open Season, Viva Piñata: TIP
100% Arcade: Battlefield 1943, Defense Grid, Rocky and Bullwinkle
D00mM4r1n3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 03:45 PM   #20
EliteShadowMan

EliteShadowMan's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by D00mM4r1n3 View Post
The enemies take too many shots to kill on Easy mode. There's a review out there where the reviewer says that's "faithful" to the old-school FPS games (Doom, Quake, Duke3d), but it isn't. The old school games you could kill an enemy with a single shotgun blast to the head or 3-4 shots with a pistol. I'll just wait for the PC version to hit the bargain bin and go through it with cheats rather than waste time trying to get achievements on the 360.
but it's simple achievements, so i don't see where your getting at there. I have 520 in the game and i'm not even done with my first playthrough. If you really can't beat the game on easy then you truly do suck at the game.
Old 06-16-2011, 05:04 PM   #21
jamie1000013

D Mob x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Genre Competition - Second Place   2,500 Posts   x360a Representer   Completion Competition Winner   Word of Mouth   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Gold   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hype View Post
i don't really have any gripes other than the loading times. i came in this knowing what to expect for many reasons...

1. i've played the other Duke Nukem games, so i know how cumbersome certain shit can be at a point.

2. i didn't expect it to be like "OMFG, nu shewterszsz, mum plx plox can i hasz??!!...gunna b teh gr8tis gayme of teh summersz!!" as some people apparently did.

3. i knew it was more primarily for nostalgic/humor purposes (much like Eat Lead) than an actual serious shooter (i.e. Call of Duty, Halo, etc.)

people are bitching about the most ridiculous shit in video games. i mean if you've followed ANYTHING about this game within the past few fucking years, you'd know it LOOKS average quality for a fucking reason. it wasn't MEANT to be "mindfucking gotdamn greatest 1080p quality you've ever seen with your shitty eyeballs!!!", yet a nostalgic feel/look reminiscent of the previous Nukem games.

i mean seriously folks...get a fucking grip. if u want uber 2160p graphics, go the fuck outside for a while & get a glimpse of things that actually fucking exist, like PEOPLE & BUILDINGS. 3D enough for u?

as far as everything else, it still feels like the older Nukem games to me, even the fucked up controls, which i DIDN'T expect, but oh well. no me importa. this is what they make GameFly for. if u feel like u wasted $60 on it because u just absolutely fuckin had to have it at launch...tough shit. maybe next time you'll wait for a review, rent it or try other venues before opting to be the very first one of your geek fucking friends to have a game so u can look cool saying u have it...

*edit i'm also guessing 90% of the whiny babies will be age ranged 13-17, maybe 18...so they won't even understand what Nukem's all about & probably bought it/had their mother buy it because other people were talking about it. pretty sure most of the people (notice i said MOST, not ALL) aged 24+ will appreciate it for what it's worth so far, if they in fact enjoyed other Nukem titles.
>i came in this knowing what to expect for many reasons...

Hype he came.

Joking aside I'll be picking this up ASAP anything will be less boring then L.A Noire. I just want a game to pass the time for Skyrim or any other big game coming out this year.

Thank you Audacious for the sig

Last edited by jamie1000013; 06-16-2011 at 05:08 PM.
jamie1000013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 07:55 PM   #22
Nitnoid

haZZmaTTaZZ's Gamercard

Let me start by saying I am 49 years and played the orginal Wolfenstein series, Doom and all the addons and Duke 3d. I played a lot of the single player and even did the modem to modem deathmatches. The ONE glaring problem with Duke Forever is its linearity. The old games had level design but this game follows along the 'modern' shooter line. They missed the mark by doing that. I'm not very far into the game since I also bought Alice and am having more fun with that game than Duke, unfortunately.

I can deal with load times and poor graphics, but this ain't Duke, except for the one liners...
Nitnoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 08:08 PM   #23
Destro

Destro WOD's Gamercard

So far only did SP so ill talk later for the MP but this game is EXACTLY what i was expecting of a DUKE exept the insane long loading time(they should have work on that) and maybe the 2 weapon thing(especially since there is an achievement for carrying the pistol all the SP)

But the one liner, the humour, exactly is duke style, im having so much fun with this, i dont understand people say its bad graphic, sure it aint Crysis but its not ugly either, as for the levels and straight forward, yeah it is, but i dont think we needed to get to the old keycard system. Even Duke make a joke about keycard.

Thing is folks, is that you need to see this game as it is, a good humor ride all the way with a lot of fun, not some crazy big game you have been waiting for years.

I don't get all the buzz around Duke 3d, sure it was a lot of fun, but it had nothing so special back then exept a jet pack, graphic where average at best, not much of a story, what made the gun fun was the humor and one line of the Duke, and its still the case here.

If only they could have fix the loading time, i tought it would be in the demo but fix in the complete game

Gears of War Legend
Destro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 11:06 PM   #24
bigbear2face

bigbear2face's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Been watching my brother play it on the PC. I also had recently been watching him play Half-Life 2.

If I knew absolutetly nothing about either game and someone were to say "Tell which one was released this week and which one was released SEVEN YEARS AGO" my answer would be that DNF was the seven year old game...Of course this isn't a very fair comparison since Half-Life 2, despite being seven years old, is still the greatest FPS game ever made.

DNF's game physics look very bad, the graphics are borderline last generation and there is absolutely no innovation. Part of what made Duke Nukem 3D so great was that it was one of the first FPS games to actually let you aim up and down, one of first FPS games to let you jump, one of the first FPS games to let you interact with the environment and it was one of the first video games of any kind to have R-rated dialogue. DNF pretty much just poorly copies various elements featured in every other shooter out there. Not only is the dialogue no longer shocking but they pretty much just rehashed all the old one-liners without coming up with some new ones.

To sit there and excuse the game and developers for this by saying things like "its supposed to be retro" is nothing more then fanboyism (did I just make up a word?) at its worst. Other people say "what did you expect?" Well, I didn't expect the game to be the best thing since sliced bread but I did expect a quality product that is at least up to the current gaming industry standards. Duke Nukem Forever simply is not.

In the end one conclusion can be made: Bulletstorm is the game that Duke Nukem Forever should have been.

Alea Iacta Est
MAL

Awesome pic provided by Dirty130

Last edited by bigbear2face; 06-16-2011 at 11:33 PM.
bigbear2face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 01:34 AM   #25
shadowrowin

Rowin Ocampo's Gamercard
I think that the amount of time it took for this game to come out jaded alot of people. Is it the best FPS ever? No. Is it fun? Yes. It wasn't suppost to be the best ever. It has been 13 years since Duke came to a game. Considering the project was ust being thrown about for 12 years before Gearbox got it, I'd say it's pretty damn good, and introduces a new generation to Duke.

That's what the game is. It is Duke. Slow load times? Eh, not as bad as other games load times. Bad controls? Handled fine to me. Other games have much worse control. Bad AI? Not as bad as other games.

The game was not everything under the sun, but it was enjoyable, and I will be replaying it even after I get all the achievements.
shadowrowin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 05:23 AM   #26
AltruismIsDead

AltruismIsDead's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
When the demo came out I really hated it. I mean the very beginning I thought was awesome, then you played the desert stage, which I thought was just terrible at the time.

But how my brother summed it up:

"Hey, I am just happy they actually are FINALLY releasing it"

I was anticipated it with mixed emotions, on one hand I have always been a MASSIVE Duke fan, when I bought a computer originally just for this game alone. I had made maps for Duke 3D, "total conversions/mods" did programming for it, hell I still know a lot of people from the original Duke Nukem 3D community that are still making original Duke 3D maps and mods, and doing stuff with the source code (eDuke) At one point I even played against some of the 3DRealms staff in Dukematches and had people call long distances over their 14.4 modems just to battle me back in the day.

But now getting back to Duke Nukem Forever. After finally playing the full game, I can't understand why these people are bitching. I don't see anything wrong with the graphics, of course I am not running into walls and staring at the textures and counting the pixels.

The story is funny, Dukes one-liners are great, all the interactive stuff you can do is awesome, not to mention the tee-tee's!

While being a huge Duke 3D fan, DNF doesn't quite have all the original charm of it, I still think it's a solid game.

But after talking to my brother and seeing his point, all these new gamers who are into the CoD series, and all these "realistic" FPS games just really aren't into these types of run and gun shoot em up games.

I've come to agree with my brother after playing the full game, AT LEAST THEY RELEASED IT. So it doesn't bother me that people don't enjoy it, MW3 is coming out soon so if they aren't happy with this they can return to playing the same old same old.
List of XBLA Games - Updated 9/5/11
150 Xbox 360 Retail Games Owned Social Group / X360A Exclusive Platinum Game Collectors
AltruismIsDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 05:40 AM   #27
xXxDArKtOrNxXx

Send a message via AIM to xXxDArKtOrNxXx Send a message via Yahoo to xXxDArKtOrNxXx

Deh Q's Gamercard
Disappointment: not enough boo bees!!

The game is great though, I'm going to sound like a hipster here but as a 17 year old I'd rather something like this than omg helllipoopter again no not a tacticakcnuke!!!1!! I was so happy when I got hAnded the game case that I actually ran out of the store, now I am trying to find a legit version of duke nukem for my pc
Old 06-17-2011, 08:38 AM   #28
Tenlo

Send a message via MSN to Tenlo

tenlo's Gamercard
I'm glad I'm not the only one whose actually enjoying this game. I think its one of those things that you either love or hate,but I have to admit I'm disappointed in all the reviews out there. When you look at the average user given score for DNF its quite high (TA has 3.9, X360a has 77%) and yet every reviewer is giving it 50 and below.

What gives? I was hoping that the X360A review would be an light in the dark, but I couldn't disagree with it more. Some glaring mistakes is saying that interacting with objects does nothing and doesn't mention they actually help your health bar and also putting the blame on Gearbox when they didn't even make the game, it was mainly made by 3D Realms and later TripTych studios.

Another thing a lot of people havent realised is that the game will look dated, it was finished in 2009, but due to the legal wrangles between 3D Realms and 2K it couldn't be released, if you don't believe me when you finish the game check the developers timeline in the extras section.

Aye the game has bad loading times and isn't pretty, but neither is Deadly Premonition and I always hear people raving about that game. I'm not suprised the PR guy got pissed off with the reviews, so am I. At least i can comfort myself with the fact that although the pros are being unnecessarily harsh, the community are realising what a fun game it really is!
"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain... Time to die."

100% Retail 18/55

100% Arcade 5/18
Tenlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 04:08 PM   #29
York82

Send a message via ICQ to York82

Graf Dracula X's Gamercard
Tbh insane difficulty is such a piece of donkeyshit! Even CoD on veteran is more fun and fair.....
I´m at the parth with the car in the middle on Lady Killer: Part 2 where you have to fight those aliens + beserker pigs. After killing many of them, somehow 2 pigs manage to kill me within 2 secs lol thx
Aiming with the shotty while getting hit isnt that cool
Is there any trick on this part? I got full ego but the pigs just hit too much.
Playing on easy and collecting items was pretty fun (even with that shit looking grpahic), but getting smashed by such ugly pixes over and over again is just a waste of time.
York82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 05:18 PM   #30
Hoborg
Banned User

It's so bad and extremely hard I'm trading it in. With a measly score of <200. I don't care though, I look forward Alice instead.
Hoborg is offline   Reply With Quote