PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip?

Go Back > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion > Television
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-16-2011, 04:50 AM   #1
Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7

Gamertag: tyger7

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   PAX Meet 2010
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
The Gates

There was one season and then the show got canceled. It's on Netflix Instant and I really enjoyed it. It takes a couple episodes to get into.

Synopsis: A gates community/town promising safety from the outside world. Town is under constant video feed from the police station and every house is wired into a security system. The police station has awesome technology to keep things safe.

The town actually houses many "things" other than regular people. There are Vampires, Werewolves, Witches, Succubus, Ancient Dark Magic, etc. They stay to get away from the rest of the world.

The main focus is on a family that moves to the town. The father is the new police chief and starts to investigate the "strange" happenings that start occuring. He has a past of his own, and you learn why exactly he needed to take this job.

Anyways, my opinion is very high. Most of the actors are extremely good (few bad ones though). The coolest character was the vampire (Ratcliff). He is awesome. His wife was very annoying at first but eventually she grows on you.

I say give it a try, it obviously leeches off the whole Vampire/Werewolf genre but does tie in a good bunch of plots and ideas. I really am disappointed that it was canceled, because the last episode showed a promising new season that never happened :/
Originally Posted by cne9979 View Post
Another great guide, you are the best Tyger. There should be a forum section comprised entirely of your guides alone with a top sticky thread for praise.
The things people say to get to 5 posts...

Xbox360 games I have

Last edited by Tyger7; 05-16-2011 at 05:25 AM.
Tyger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 05:06 AM   #2

Gamertag: Extreme Rugburn

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
I was wondering if it was cancelled as my wife and I both enjoyed it and it has been dormant on our Tivo. I really wish the networks would cancel all these reality shows, 95% of them suck ass, but apparently the majorty of people watch that crap.
ExtremeRugburn is offline   Reply With Quote