Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-24-2011, 12:02 AM   #91
leeloo

Pinkunoichi's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KFZ Scrubs View Post
First glitch.... after the tractor scene the sound of the tractor won't go away.... I can't hear the dialog... so I had to turn off the sound effects... still carried over into the next case too.
I hate that bulldozer, the sound creeps me out probably cause it killed me like half a dozen times. Hopefully the sound goes away when you reload the game.

My gripe is about how when you're done with all achievements for the main game, it doesn't count as 100% retail completion. So you are forced to get the two DLCs if you want to get those final 200 pts - for gamers that have to purchase this later, this will factor into used/2nd hand games price.

Also how all clues and interrogation stats are reset to zero once you replay a case after the first playthrough and even at the end of that replayed case itself. In game stats and SC. It's like I haven't solved anything despite spending 22+ hours on the game.

Last edited by leeloo; 05-24-2011 at 12:17 AM.
leeloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 06:29 AM   #92
nukacola420

elementpunk's Gamercard
i think its pretty dumb that half the time i get out of a car, turn around for literaly a SECOND and all the cars that were just there have vanished, including my own.. i mean i would understand if i wandered too far, but c'mon.. especially going for the auto fanatic achievement.. infuriating!
nukacola420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 06:37 AM   #93
IDiivil

Send a message via AIM to IDiivil

idiivil's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I find it very frustrating when my partner gets stuck on everything when I am running around. Fences, bushes, gas stations... you name it. He gets caught on them.

Bastard.

Like my avatar? If so, you can see more of my modeling work at http://www.facebook.com/idiivil
IDiivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 06:42 AM   #94
scarface

lt jim dangle69's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
I'm pissed off at the price. I really want this game but don't have $108 for it. (Australian prices suck massively.

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)
scarface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 06:45 AM   #95
IDiivil

idiivil's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarface View Post
I'm pissed off at the price. I really want this game but don't have $108 for it. (Australian prices suck massively.
... what justification do they have for charging that much for a game? That's utterly ridiculous.

Like my avatar? If so, you can see more of my modeling work at http://www.facebook.com/idiivil
Old 05-24-2011, 06:50 AM   #96
rekikire

rekikire x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - rekikire   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Minty   1,000 Posts   x360a Representer   GSL 10 Winner   GSL 10 MVP   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by leeloo View Post
My gripe is about how when you're done with all achievements for the main game, it doesn't count as 100% retail completion. So you are forced to get the two DLCs if you want to get those final 200 pts - for gamers that have to purchase this later, this will factor into used/2nd hand games price.
And how is this any different to any other game that has DLC with achievements. No point in griping about it, this is the way the industry is and it isn't going to change.
rekikire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 06:53 AM   #97
scarface

lt jim dangle69's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDiivil View Post
... what justification do they have for charging that much for a game? That's utterly ridiculous.
It's probably the governments fault. Australia always seems to dicked over. Games are either too expensive or are banned because they are deemed too violent.

scarface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 06:56 AM   #98
The Nerevarine

The Nerevarine's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by rekikire View Post
And how is this any different to any other game that has DLC with achievements. No point in griping about it, this is the way the industry is and it isn't going to change.
Maybe he means before a title update, sort of like how my Xbox thinks I've completed Bioshock 2 even though I haven't bought any of the DLC.
The Nerevarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 06:57 AM   #99
rekikire

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - rekikire   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Minty   1,000 Posts   x360a Representer   GSL 10 Winner   GSL 10 MVP   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Arkhan View Post
So far my only major problem has been the lack of a proper save system. I have a young family so I have to stop playing randomly as things come up and there is nothing worse than going through 2 full interviews then having to quit out to do something else and when I come back, THE SAME DAMN INTERVIEWS!!!

When I get questions wrong it's not too bad because it gives me another chance but when I got all the questions right it sucks having to sit through all the dialogue, that I have already heard, again.

I am not looking forward to doing the cars as I know there are going to be some that I get and will lose them without realizing it when I quit out. Then I will be wondering which cars I am missing for the achievement when I come back to it.
If you go to the game options and make a change it'll make a save there and then that you can come back to. Not great but it's a work around.

When you collect a car/badge/film/newspaper it makes a save straight after, so you won't lose any of the collectibles if you have to quit out. Also you can check the social club to see what collectibles you are missing.
Old 05-24-2011, 07:40 AM   #100
Skilled

depressedwhales's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDiivil View Post
We are Australian. That's a good enough reason for them. The new witcher game was $45 on steam, they had to put it up to $75 for Australians.

Quote:
How we survive, is what makes us who we are.

Feel free to add me on;
Xbox (DepressedWhales)
or
Steam (DepressedWhale).
Skilled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 09:23 AM   #101
FreeFool

I am tending to agree with a lot of the posts here. Having said that the game has had me glued to it for 4 days. The cases themselves are very well done, its the lack of other stuff that's preventing this from being a classic.

Putting in two achievements in the retail version relating to DLC is a cheap shot, they should keep them attached to the DLC.
FreeFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 12:43 PM   #102
rekikire

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeFool View Post
Putting in two achievements in the retail version relating to DLC is a cheap shot, they should keep them attached to the DLC.
What achievements in the retail version relate to the DLC? I cannot see a single achievement that is not obtainable if you don't have the DLC.
Old 05-24-2011, 01:02 PM   #103
FreeFool

I may be mistaken actually as the DLC has come out so early. I thought the list showed Complete Naked City or Slip of the Tongue achievements in there, but of course it is probably attached to the DLC rather than the 1000 for the game itself, the rest show as secret.
Old 05-24-2011, 01:12 PM   #104
SneakyofSneaks

Sneakyofsneaks's Gamercard
There are 10 achievements for DLC on the list, 5 for each.
SneakyofSneaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 01:16 PM   #105
c17rrw

Static Final's Gamercard
Cars Cars oh so many Cars

My biggest problem with this game is the lack of info available about cars. The car im looking for has only 3 spawn points listed and ive spent combined over 3 hours in these areas and guesss what the car i want is probally the only one not turning up. Hmmmm not really realistic to me it kinda makes you wonder how the company stayed in business if no one drives there cars.

Call of Duty Modern Warfare
Call of Duty World at War
Resident Evil 5
Bully Scholarship Edition
CSI: Hard Evidence
The Godfather II
c17rrw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 01:28 PM   #106
IDiivil

idiivil's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by c17rrw View Post
My biggest problem with this game is the lack of info available about cars. The car im looking for has only 3 spawn points listed and ive spent combined over 3 hours in these areas and guesss what the car i want is probally the only one not turning up. Hmmmm not really realistic to me it kinda makes you wonder how the company stayed in business if no one drives there cars.
A small portion of a video game version of Los Angeles probably isn't a good representation of how many cars were sold or how well/badly they did in their business.

Old 05-24-2011, 06:11 PM   #107
KFZ Scrubs

KFZ Nobody's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 10,000 posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skilled View Post
We are Australian. That's a good enough reason for them. The new witcher game was $45 on steam, they had to put it up to $75 for Australians.
I feel bad for you guys... you got these high game prices and the Herculean spiders roaming your houses.

KFZ Scrubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 05:57 AM   #108
Mist

Send a message via AIM to Mist Send a message via MSN to Mist

Morolarim's Gamercard
Only real problem I've had some far are some random frame rate issues in the last few missions... first time I thought my bawks was overheating and about to go RROD on me, what with all you've heard. Maybe I'll notice more when I go for the mop up.
Mist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 07:39 PM   #109
Hiigarian

Otseg0's Gamercard
At this point, I'm on my 10th case, and so far, the only complaints I have are:

a) The controls are a bit clunky and sometimes unresponsive. I don't expect of Cole to be a Prince of Persia or Altair, but still, that could have been done a bit better.
b) A proper save system would do wonders, even though a few tricks can help for a earlier save point than the game originally predicted.
c) Having no ammunition counter can be a real bitch sometimes.

When it comes to graphics, I must say that the shadows look horrible at times, hair is really bad (no, you perverts, I'm not talking about pubic hairs! :P), and the framerate issues really stand out every now and then.

100% Retail: 3 // 100% Arcade: 1 // 100% WP7: 4
Hiigarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 08:38 PM   #110
DarthSoth

I DarthSoth I's Gamercard

I'm a little annoyed that the damage you cause while driving can count against you getting 5* for cases. I worked my ass off to get all the evidence and get 100% on all the questions only to find out I get 3* because I was running into shit rushing from point to point. 1st time I thought I missed something based on the notes at the bottom of the page but the second time I realized that it was due to damage.

DarthSoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 11:42 PM   #111
Tomsta666

Tomsta666's Gamercard
This thread... Wow. Just wow.
Old 05-26-2011, 01:10 AM   #112
KFZ Scrubs

KFZ Nobody's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 10,000 posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomsta666 View Post
This thread... Wow. Just wow.
Por Que?
I'm not going to lie... some of the glitches are getting to me. I was finally able to make the bulldozer engine sound go away after 3 days. My partner is starting to randomly get suck ontop of things like bush's and ledges... and I have no idea how he got up there.

Old 05-26-2011, 09:45 AM   #113
FreeFool

Sorry if already mentioned here but i have noticed if you are driving a fire truck (or whatever) when you pull up to a street crime for example, the cut scene starts where you get out of your vehicle, the suspect gets in their car to escape and you get back in your fire tru........ oh wait, its now magically changed in to your partners car.

Plus whatever gun you are holding (shotgun), then a cut scene starts, you now have a hand gun.

Petty, but mistakes all the same.

The more i have played this the more holes appear.
Old 05-26-2011, 01:07 PM   #114
TFK AK47 KEV

TFK AK47 KEV's Gamercard
Unhappy

Hate when you try get 5 stars but i caused two much damage so i only get 4
TFK AK47 KEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 10:51 PM   #115
loyaltrekie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skilled View Post
The price of games is higher in your country due to your government and it's taxation policies. Stop complaining to developers and distributors and complain to the people causing it ; your politicians.

That being said, I actually made it to 100% completion with a whopping one freeze in the entire game.
Old 05-27-2011, 12:52 AM   #116
Body Hauler

Right now it's the balancing on The Quarter Moon Murders. Stupid second plank at the library.
Old 05-27-2011, 01:26 AM   #117
KFZ Scrubs

KFZ Nobody's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFK AK47 KEV View Post
Hate when you try get 5 stars but i caused two much damage so i only get 4
If I may make a suggestion... have your partner drive. In chasing seens anyway, they're probably going to stop at a predesignated location... so don't drive as fast.

Old 05-27-2011, 03:11 AM   #118
Auburok

Send a message via Skype™ to Auburok

auburok's Gamercard

I like this game. The face technology demo it's become is pretty interesting, and the story isn't too bad if you ignore a bunch of shit (Golden Butterfly case outcome, for instance). However, the face tech needs some work. It's pretty good, but there are some flaws from time to time, like eye contact, etc.

I do notice, though, that the more I play the game, the more I see how much the game relies on the crappy interrogation mechanic and flashy face tech. Gunplay is basic, at best, and it's only satisfying the first time you shoot a person holding a hostage. It's routine by hostage four. There's really not a whole lot of original mechanics to add to the combat, it just needed a lot of polish.

Driving is rather awful, but is a huge chunk of the game. Yet, they give you an option to skip driving (and miss street crimes) all together. I found it perplexing. It's like they realized that it was sort of tossed together and gave everyone a way to say "fuck it". I think it's stupid a pop up for the car doesn't show up each time. I can only identify so many cars before they look the same. Not to mention that you can literally blow a car's engine by having your partner shoot a few of the tires out.

I'm really disappointed by the whole interrogation thing. "Truth", "Doubt", and "Lie" sort of work as descriptors, but sometimes you'd get an unexpected result. When I doubt someone's alibi, I don't want to immediately accuse them of murder one, thanks, I just doubt their story is absolutely up to snuff.

I'm hoping this game has Assassin's Creed-itis, and has a sequel that's exactly what the first game should have been.

Auburok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 03:45 AM   #119
R3V

Send a message via AIM to R3V

Dark R3VENANT's Gamercard
Only a few things: Save points, Partner being stuck on everything, and dumb drive 194.7miles achievement...after finishing all cases with 5* only had 84miles driven. With finishing up cars/street crimes/gold reels still only had 111miles...been driving around just to rank up miles for hours now. Annoying.
Old 05-27-2011, 02:52 PM   #120
wolfzero01

wolfzero01's Gamercard
really hate the fact that after driving forever & finally see the car that I've been looking for, I would get out of the car, swing the camera around & the car would vanish.

Also I've noticed a weird glitch, didn't affect my game. whenever I would return the the police station, the watch commander would always be standing on top of his desk.
wolfzero01 is offline   Reply With Quote