PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > L.A. Noire
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-09-2011, 04:45 PM   #181
Masta Mylez

milezdawg's Gamercard
I dislike 3 things. There are no actual radio stations. I was hoping for some 1940's type stations that pertained to what was happening in that decade ( WW2 etc ) No way to skip cut scenes. And third the achievements are way too easy. I like achievements too be difficult, not achievements that are easy to obtain. But I love Rockstar games and this is a great game with a few minor faults in my opinion. Hope there is a sequel.
Masta Mylez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 07:14 AM   #182
The Petrol Can

the petrol can's Gamercard
I can't stand not knowing what I'm driving. Many of these cars look a great deal alike. Getting the update for a car when you first drive it is okay, but why not every time I get in? That happened in all previous GTA games.

Hunting for all 95 cars is a bitch because of this.
The Petrol Can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 07:18 AM   #183
Splinter4

Splinter4's Gamercard
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBDrew84 View Post
I have examined the clue for the stab-rite 3 different times for an estimated time of 5 min and the achievement still has not popped. I dont really want to retry the case with all of the cut scenes. Any advice? Or am I up turd creek w/o a paddle?
If I remember correctly... (which I should say, is rarely the case)
...I think this chievo pops after you finish this location
and move on to the next, know what I mean?
Or possibly at the end of the entire mission.

I just remember being surprised when I saw it.

And just to confirm, this is the chievo you get for finding the bloody
knife in the garbage can in the alley on your first try, right?

Whether you think you can or can't... you're right.
Splinter4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 08:06 AM   #184
Splinter4

Splinter4's Gamercard
DLC Chievos Posting BEFORE The DLC Is Available

Yeah, I know it's stupid and kind of lame to bitch about this,
but it kind of bugs me when I can't "complete" the chievos for a
game simply because the listed chievos include unavailable DLC.

R* has done this to us twice now with L.A. Noire!
From day one, the list of chievos included 200 DLC points
that were listed as "Pre-order Exclusives" and were unavailable
to purchase until what, about a week and a half ago?

Okay good, finally...
So I get the DLC and I finally had the game finished...
yeah sure, for less than a week??!!!

R* announces the dates the next two cases will be available,
but at the same time they automatically post the chievos to X-Live?
What the F's up with that?! Damnit R*, you guys are driving me nuts!
PLEASE, stop adding unavailable chievos to our L.A. Noire gamerscore list!

...yeah, yeah, yeah ...I hear you, but remember that I
started this out by admitting how lame my bitching was.

I still F'ing LOVE this game. Such a refreshing change from the old
standards out there. I want more, more, MORE games like this!!!

Whether you think you can or can't... you're right.
Splinter4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 01:00 PM   #185
francisrossi

francisrossi's Gamercard
I agree on the DLC achievements. I'm not too bothered about percentages, but I'd like my current 100% to at least remain in place until the DLC comes out. By the time I got there, the update had already occurred. Bah.
Old 06-11-2011, 05:15 PM   #186
circus1776

circus1776's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBDrew84 View Post
I have examined the clue for the stab-rite 3 different times for an estimated time of 5 min and the achievement still has not popped. I dont really want to retry the case with all of the cut scenes. Any advice? Or am I up turd creek w/o a paddle?
The achievement doesn't pop until after you speak with the Coroner later in the case.

circus1776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 07:36 AM   #187
McGoogles

Ratify's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver   Staff Club - DEG23   XBA Promoter   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
- I hate how you have to restart an entire case if you get spotted during a chase for an achievement(s).

- I hate how you have to play through an entire case and watch the cutscenes and such just to get to desired part. No skipping sections of cases allowed.

- I hate how limited you are when it comes to mobility.

- I hate how you aim over your left shoulder during combat and the inability to change it.
Latest arcade completion: Warface

McGoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 03:02 PM   #188
Dudwood Fudwood

DUDWOOD FUDWOOD's Gamercard
I found the voices would go out of sync occasionally. Also some of the sections of map didn't load correctly.

Worst part of this game though? Once the cases are done there really isn't much to do. You have this huge, beautiful city with shit all to do!
Story was great though.
Dudwood Fudwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 03:25 PM   #189
amacteur
In the sky

Send a message via Skype™ to amacteur

amacteur's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   Staff Club - amacteur   Staff - Graphics Team   Community Gaming - Silver   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   GRID 2 Award   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Staff Club - Minty   Submit - Diamond
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGoogles View Post
- I hate how you have to restart an entire case if you get spotted during a chase for an achievement(s).
I agree, I wish they could have put chapters for each case.
Old 06-14-2011, 08:00 PM   #190
ODST Kayne

ODST Kayne's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGoogles View Post
- I hate how you aim over your left shoulder during combat and the inability to change it.
Click the right stick.

I've never had a problem with this game. Maybe a couple frame rate drops, but those were temporary and lasted only a few seconds. Now, at the end of the damn game, I've frozen 3 times now and I have to replay the whole thing, including the initial car chase. Ugh.

Time to start a new character 100
Reach Rank 5
ODST Kayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 04:52 PM   #191
Warriorbball50

Warriorbball50's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODST Kayne View Post
Click the right stick.

I've never had a problem with this game. Maybe a couple frame rate drops, but those were temporary and lasted only a few seconds. Now, at the end of the damn game, I've frozen 3 times now and I have to replay the whole thing, including the initial car chase. Ugh.
a couple of glitches like when you try to drive sometimes and it wont let you so your dumbass partner does instead..
Warriorbball50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 06:04 PM   #192
Iceskater101

iceskater101's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
One thing that was kinda annoying was reading people's faces..
I mean its a unique idea but they kinda just throw you into it. I wish there was a tutorial sort of. I mean you can obviously tell if someone isn't telling the truth but you don't know if you should just pick the lie button or the doubt button its the same thing. I thought that was kinda confusing.
Iceskater101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 06:15 PM   #193
francisrossi

francisrossi's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceskater101 View Post
One thing that was kinda annoying was reading people's faces..
I mean its a unique idea but they kinda just throw you into it. I wish there was a tutorial sort of. I mean you can obviously tell if someone isn't telling the truth but you don't know if you should just pick the lie button or the doubt button its the same thing. I thought that was kinda confusing.
You use doubt when you don't have evidence. Of course, it may turn out you should have evidence, but have missed it . Then it's an oops.
Old 06-21-2011, 09:59 PM   #194
Tapion

Tapion's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I'm just trying to go around and finish up street crimes, and I'm sure as many others. I'm sick of the damn freezing issues. Along with getting "This disc is unreadable" at some point. The damn disc is clean what the hell.

Tapion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 11:09 PM   #195
Wrinklefighter

Grreen lantern's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by francisrossi View Post
I agree on the DLC achievements. I'm not too bothered about percentages, but I'd like my current 100% to at least remain in place until the DLC comes out. By the time I got there, the update had already occurred. Bah.
Haha, I'm glad I'm not alone in thinking this. 100 more points to go!
Wrinklefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 08:25 PM   #196
HughJazz

PhillipWendell's Gamercard
The graphics are superb and I love the facial expressions. They put so much into that that they left some fatal flaws that detract from the realism. The voices are what disturbs the suspension of disbelief for me. First of all, Phelps says everything like he's angry for no reason. And worse, everyone in the city is by themselves and talking to no one. Like when you walk in the laundromat and there's one lady by herself and she says "I got a call back for that chorus line today!" Or how everyone says "there's that cop who solved that big case!" But you and they are the only ones around. It would have been better if they said nothing.

The other gripe is that when you wanted to step away from the story and rage on the city seeing how long you can evade the cops is one of the best parts of GTA and Red Dead Redemption. I find this game pretty sleepy without that. I like it, I'll finish it, but it isn't nearly as fun as the other Rockstar games.

Just my opinion...
HughJazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 10:20 PM   #197
francisrossi

francisrossi's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by HughJazz View Post
Or how everyone says "there's that cop who solved that big case!"
Like real people go around saying "there's that cop that cracked the big case and got promoted"
Old 06-22-2011, 10:30 PM   #198
Casper Jazz

CasperJazz01's Gamercard
1) This is not really a challenging game at all, in fact sometimes I wonder if its little more than a facial animation tech demo with driving sections.

2) The fact I can get almost every interview question incorrect and still put someone away is ludicrous, and makes me feel like my input has no real point at all

3) Not being able to set waypoints is infuriating in certain circumstances

4) What's really that different about each case/level? You're told to go somewhere, you slap a body round a bit, go to a couple of other locations, probably have to chase one of the people you meet, rinse and repeat...yawn...

5) I couldn't care less about Cole Phelps as a character, and why the hell does he have to shout every line at the other characters like they're deaf?!

BUT...I'd still say it looked brilliant at times, its just not really a game
Casper Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 04:51 PM   #199
NJDnumb3r30

This game feels like a movie half the time, that's my problem.
NJDnumb3r30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 09:50 PM   #200
FearRosa

Modern Epidemic's Gamercard
The only real complaints I have for the game was the driving. The driving SUCKED! Not only was it boring but it seemed that the controls for it were a little messed up. (Or I just can't drive :P). Either way I thought the game was pretty good. I just wish there was a little more to it. I completed a quick run through in about a day.
FearRosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 01:12 AM   #201
demon1988

Angel22988's Gamercard
no speedometer or police lights on cars
demon1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 12:50 PM   #202
francisrossi

francisrossi's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by demon1988 View Post
no speedometer or police lights on cars
Not all police cars had emergency lights back then:

http://www.la-noire.net/forums/threa....html#pid27932
Old 06-29-2011, 11:44 PM   #203
dosk1nator

dosky's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Well I just like to say I did something stupid yesterday. I erased my main save file by accident . Now I can't get to the new cases. I was all the way to the VICE cases. I have to start all over grr. Oh well, I managed to pick up a few extra achievements. Still mad at myself for doing that.
dosk1nator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 01:52 PM   #204
True I Skill

The Khaos's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Only a few cases in but there are little things that are really starting to bug me about this game.

I feel they really needed to give you the freedom to do what you wanted, And also made clear what you wanted to do at certain parts.

For example one of the first proper cases i pretty much figured out roughly what was going on (The bloody car one) If it was a real case most likely would of been able to point out the problem and have more evidence to help with the case, But with this i just had to continue going along as if everything was as it seemed.

I also just did another Case and i wanted to clear up everything once i had already figured out who the murderer was, As i went to go check on another person Cole started blaming them for the murder?! I mean seriously wtf i know it does not have much effect but it made him look like an idiot.

Now my biggest problem is when chasing people, What is the big difference between shooting your gun in the air, Or aiming at them for 30seconds then shooting the gun in the air? It does not make sense... They cant see you pointing the gun at them should they not stop when i fire near them? I know it would make things a little easy but that really pisses me off how stupid it feels having to stand there and aim first.

Apart from them problems so far its an Alright game, a few of them problems i feel should of been worked on, Maybe put a number of lines to use in the interrogations so you do not choose doubt and Cole says something that ruins everything. I guess just more options to end things, Do not really like having to kill people on side missions, Cant i just shoot them in the leg charge up and cuff em?
Old 07-01-2011, 08:11 AM   #205
DOPE BOI

D0pe B0I's Gamercard
I dont mind a game being on spread out over disc but if I am going to have to find collectibles like the cars I would like them to be able to be found on any of the disc. I got really tired of getting up swapping disc just so I could play one case to get a chance to drive one car. All the cars should be able to be found in a particular area, it shouldnt be a damn guessing game.

I wish I could skip through the case or at least pointless talking. I know they want to show off their new tech but come on, I already know what they are going to say. If it logs you as playing the case once, you should be able to skip dialog.

Did I mention collectibles, lol. I am getting tired of every game feeling they need to have so kind of collectible. If they dont have anything to do with the story or better you character they should be left out. And when I say something to do with the story I mean like how they did the newspapers that was cool, but dont have the main plot points told through collectibles as some have done.

This game seems so alive until you get to the free roam part, the only thing to do is do street crimes and collect things. I did all my street crimes during the story, so after I was done I had nothing to do in the city except collect.
DOPE BOI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 07:01 PM   #206
bradywalter1997

Jew Gnome's Gamercard
Rockstar hates their protagonists

Why must he dieee??? fml. First John Marshton and now Cole Phelps. And why didn't they give a little background knowledge on why he cheated on his wife? Now I think he's some sort of asshole. lmfao
bradywalter1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 09:44 PM   #207
True I Skill

The Khaos's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradywalter1997 View Post
Why must he dieee??? fml. First John Marshton and now Cole Phelps. And why didn't they give a little background knowledge on why he cheated on his wife? Now I think he's some sort of asshole. lmfao
Why must you spoillll?
Havent completed it yet, have not read the rest of the thread but thanks!

I guess at least i do not know who killed who Now i bet the next thread i visit will reveal who kills who, Better leave the internet until i complete this.
Old 07-05-2011, 10:12 PM   #208
francisrossi

francisrossi's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradywalter1997 View Post
He's a human being. A good cop, but a shitty husband/father.
Old 07-17-2011, 06:21 PM   #209
cjdavies

cjdavies82's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Only on case 6 - Marriage Made in Heaven.

So far:
Having to press X while driving to know where to go.

Some scenes can't be skipped.

Was told in an hint earlier that the music will stop once all clues are found at a particular area, and it didn't for this one outside the cafe/bar and I was looking everywhere for a clue that didn't exist!!

Other than that I'm enjoying it, the guessing of truth, doubt and lie, will play again after completing on my own which I will then use a case guide to get a 5 star on each case (skipping a scene would have been handy).
cjdavies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 12:28 AM   #210
SEMTEX BHOY gt

i applaud team bondi for doing something a bit different i really do, but they fucked up a lot of shit too. this game had the potential to be the GTA3 of this generation. but it just falls short for a few crucial mistakes.

the lack of interactivity. i know this is basically a modern take on the text adventure and not really a traditional action game. but why could it not marry both elements together. the fact that there was no jump button cole just jumped automatically when approaching an obstacle, you couldn't just punch people unless they initiated it, you couldn't draw your weapon it had to happen automatically. all of this in my opinion detracted seriously from the game.

poor action sequences. similar to above, and again i know this isn't meant to be GTA but by christ the gunlpay and driving in this was a total fucking chore from start to finish.

the over-used formulaic and unnatural interrogation sequences. a side from the face watching shit which was way overused imo. the bit that really annoyed me was whenever you catch someone lying and they tell you to prove it, every single time. regardless of their situation, or if they have just seen you lift the evidence that proves the lie right in front of them.

worse still was the time when you would ask someone a straightforward question, do you know XXX? and they would say no. and you knew they were lying and could prove it so you called the lie, but when calling them on it cole accuses the guy of something else and he denies it and you're left to disprove the second thing.

patchy writing. the story and writing on the whole were great but there was times when it got a bit stupid and for a game that was obviously more about story telling and plot than game-play it just wasn't good enough. the writing really needed to be on power with a decent film to forgive the game-play flaws and sadly it just wasn't.

much like GTA3 i fully expect a lot of developers are going to take the template and try to run with it. unlike GTA3 though i think it will be one of the clones that will really show the full potential of the formula. if i had to bet i would say rockstar (the real rockstar) will be the ones to capitalise. which would be kind of funny bondi ripped them off with the awfull the getaway, maybe rockstar could return the favour but with a better game.

Last edited by SEMTEX BHOY gt; 11-08-2011 at 11:43 PM.
SEMTEX BHOY gt is offline   Reply With Quote