PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > L.A. Noire
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-18-2011, 07:12 AM   #1
MeeT KurTinZ

Golden Butterfly case ??? *SPOILER ALERT*

who did you choose to charge in the end.....hugo or eli?
MeeT KurTinZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 07:16 AM   #2
HLR zdmetal

Send a message via MSN to HLR zdmetal

AG zdmetal's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by HLR zdmetal View Post
Please DO go into it, that case just mindfucked me. I got all the clues and got every question right, and then interrogated them both. I had no idea who to charge so I just picked the husband and after I did it the captain or whoever bitched me out and I only got 3 stars. I'm thinking if I charge the pedophile I'd get 5 stars no? Or maybe if I never go to the school and just charge the husband right away I'd get 5? I'm...so confused...
I posted that in another thread. If you end up getting 5 stars let me know exactly what you did.
Old 05-18-2011, 07:23 AM   #3
MeeT KurTinZ

Quote:
I posted that in another thread. If you end up getting 5 stars let me know exactly what you did.
i was missing 1 clue but i just convicted eli and got 4 stars
and congrats from capt

i dont know what clue i missed?
MeeT KurTinZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 07:11 PM   #4
teej119

Teej119's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeeT KurTinZ View Post
i was missing 1 clue but i just convicted eli and got 4 stars
and congrats from capt

i dont know what clue i missed?
did you find the shoe prints by the tree at the crime scene? it's easily missable.
Old 05-18-2011, 07:48 PM   #5
Marcus issavage

I missed a clue but got all the interview questions correct, busted Rooney and got a 5 star.
Marcus issavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 12:12 AM   #6
Hoborg
Banned User

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Yeah, same shit here. Picked the husband and got torn a new one from the Capt. 3 stars
Hoborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 12:41 AM   #7
HLR zdmetal

Send a message via MSN to HLR zdmetal

AG zdmetal's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoborg View Post
Yeah, same shit here. Picked the husband and got torn a new one from the Capt. 3 stars
Once I re-did it this morning I picked the pedobear and got 5 stars. Damn game, let me pick who I want. I didn't know it was up to the Chief or whatever the hell he is to decide if I got it right or wrong.

Last edited by HLR zdmetal; 05-19-2011 at 02:12 AM.
HLR zdmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 02:03 AM   #8
ll Mr Bubbles ll

Quote:
Once I re-did it this morning I picked the pedobear and got 5 stars. Damn game, let me pick who I want. I didn't know is was up to the Chief or whatever the hell he is to decide if I got it right or wrong.
yeah i chose the peadobear and got all questions an clues but still 4 star, i think the $1,450 damage penalty may have changed it from 5 star lol
Old 05-19-2011, 02:22 AM   #9
Ethereal235

Send a message via AIM to Ethereal235

Zero132132's Gamercard
I didn't trust myself to pin it on either of them, so while releasing the husband, the witness that saw someone park the lady's car sees him and screams "That's the guy!"

I ended up in a chase, but it looks like you can only get five stars if you convict the wrong man.
Old 05-19-2011, 04:41 PM   #10
SpinelesS

Mr SpinelesS's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethereal235 View Post
I didn't trust myself to pin it on either of them, so while releasing the husband, the witness that saw someone park the lady's car sees him and screams "That's the guy!"

I ended up in a chase, but it looks like you can only get five stars if you convict the wrong man.

How did you release the husband?

I missed 1 clue
I looked at the footprint in the dirt first, and got no message or anything when I looked at the footprint on the corpse, so I'm guessing thats the clue I was missing (I also couldn't ask Eli about his shoe's)

I first arrested Roth (I don't believe anyone you can arrest in this case or the red lipstick murderer case were guilty) and got 3 stars So I pressed the guide button and went to the xbox dashboard and returned and resumed my game and arrested Eli and got 5 Stars. (asked all the questions the same way I did the first time round, so arresting Eli does matter when It comes to stars for sure)

SpinelesS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 04:47 PM   #11
Hoborg
Banned User

I think the game wants to show you how corrupt the police force was back in those days. You are meant to pick pedo because it would be an easy bust and a PR win for the department rather than arresting a widowed father.

Of course, this is punishing the player for playing the game he thinks is the right way. No one in their sane mind would charge the pedo for the murder. It was clear from the evidence it was the father.
Hoborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 05:22 PM   #12
thebarkingdog

the barking dog's Gamercard
Quote:
I think the game wants to show you how corrupt the police force was back in those days. You are meant to pick pedo because it would be an easy bust and a PR win for the department rather than arresting a widowed father.

Of course, this is punishing the player for playing the game he thinks is the right way. No one in their sane mind would charge the pedo for the murder. It was clear from the evidence it was the father.
Funny, I thought from the evidence it was clear it was the pedo. Well, at least from the rope.
thebarkingdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 06:22 PM   #13
kael7

kael7's Gamercard
They set up the evidence so it would be up for the player to choose, but forcing you to choose the pedo - to show how the politics are just as involved as the actual police work.

I collected all the evidence, and asked all the right questions, and then chose the husband. The captain chewed our butts, and told us we were going back out on the beat... so before it saved I paused, quit, and resumed.

Then went back and chose the pedo and got 5 stars. I also make my partner drive everywhere we go, so I get little damage. He still manages to rack up around $50 running into stuff.
kael7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 06:23 PM   #14
Skeletor

SKELETOR2484's Gamercard
Quote:

You pretty much summed up how I feel about the outcome in this case. I chose the husband, simply because I thought the evidence was overwhelming against him. If I remember correctly, your partner even tells you to bust the pedo and make it easier for everyone.

For those who chose to charge the pedo, do you remember anything the captain said in congratulating you? Does he make mention of "doing the right thing" by charging the (seemingly) wrong guy?
Old 05-19-2011, 09:36 PM   #15
romanzad

romanzad's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeletor View Post
You pretty much summed up how I feel about the outcome in this case. I chose the husband, simply because I thought the evidence was overwhelming against him. If I remember correctly, your partner even tells you to bust the pedo and make it easier for everyone.

For those who chose to charge the pedo, do you remember anything the captain said in congratulating you? Does he make mention of "doing the right thing" by charging the (seemingly) wrong guy?

yeah a very nice and clever way to show the politics of the police force back then - very interesting case! i chose the peado based on the fact he was creepy and he mentioned during the questioning that he had been in jail for 14 years (if you dont ask any questions for a minute or so he says this) so obviously a bad dude!

the captain mentions doing the right thing at the start of the next case
romanzad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 08:59 AM   #16
SpinelesS

Mr SpinelesS's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
I hated this case, there was a bunch of things you should have been able to do before arresting anyone.

Test the blood on the shoes to see if it was rabbit blood or the wifes.
Check the husbands car to see if his tire iron was missing.
Find out who's overalls were in the trunk... etc

But pretty much all of the homicide cases feel off to me. And since you went from Traffic to homicide before doing Arson and Vice, I am hoping that it was intentional and that at some point you get busted down to arson for putting innocent men in jail or something.

SpinelesS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 03:57 AM   #17
xCGIx PUNISHER

xpunskis's Gamercard

This case was horse shit. I was 100% certain it was the father since during the interrogation, you have 2 chances to pin him for lying with hard evidence. For Eli you can only doubt him. I thought for sure that meant he was guilty. It also seems like the game did everything it could to make it clear that despite Eli being a pervert who needed to be put away, the father was the one who was guilty. Very stupid. Now I have to do it over again.
xCGIx PUNISHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 05:15 AM   #18
KNIGHTOFSERA

hyrulesknight's Gamercard

I know spoiler************** that neither of them did it, but the husband was the one obviously being framed here...his shirt, his tire iron, his lousy alibi. his size 8 shoes..not to mention the fact he lied a lot

the the pedo...well is a pedo and had the butterfly, and the captain really wanted me to get him....

but it was just BS Hugo wasnt the murderer (or at least the correct choice)...especially since I heard that what ethereal says

and what really gets me is that later the captain is like GJ boys the DA loves it, it was a solid case....Im like damn straight jackass

whatever...also I dont get how some of these people arent the actual muderers.....seriously the cereal killer is the best criminal mastermind ever

Last edited by KNIGHTOFSERA; 05-22-2011 at 05:49 AM.
KNIGHTOFSERA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 05:22 AM   #19
batboy

BATB0Y1983's Gamercard
You also got to remember Eli worked for a company with the initials H.R. and supplied green overalls, also I think it was a boating company or something like that. So there was some evidence to link him to it never mind he had the butterfly trying to say that he found it next to the car.

Quote:

How did you do that
batboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 05:25 AM   #20
leeloo

Pinkunoichi's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Quote:

Seriously? That's so cool, 3 different endings. Time to replay.
leeloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 05:38 PM   #21
KimikoAmaya

Send a message via AIM to KimikoAmaya Send a message via Skype™ to KimikoAmaya

KimikoAmaya's Gamercard

I got every clue, every question right, interviewed the husband first, then Rooney. Then I convicted the pedo 'cause everyone practically ordered me too and I STILL got only four stars. I played it again, got everything, decided to interview Rooney first this time and went back and convicted him and got Four stars again. Seems the game is hatin' on me.

-On a random note, everytime I walk into the police station I hear Garrus say he wants to make Homicide. Saving the world with Shepard wasn't enough I guess.

KimikoAmaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 06:29 PM   #22
WarNev3rChanges

WarNev3rChanges's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinelesS View Post
I hated this case, there was a bunch of things you should have been able to do before arresting anyone.

Test the blood on the shoes to see if it was rabbit blood or the wifes.
Check the husbands car to see if his tire iron was missing.

Find out who's overalls were in the trunk... etc

But pretty much all of the homicide cases feel off to me. And since you went from Traffic to homicide before doing Arson and Vice, I am hoping that it was intentional and that at some point you get busted down to arson for putting innocent men in jail or something.
and why couldn't we ask kid lover what size his feet are? i picked the husband, and i'm going to live with my one star - for now - but i didn't really like either of them. the husband seemed too stupid to murder.

and then: "while hugo moller stares down a murder charge, michelle moller contemplates life as an orphan."

whatever dude. the corruption the game advertised is finally showing up.
WarNev3rChanges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 08:47 PM   #23
Juun

Juunanagou's Gamercard
Lol, I didnt even have the option to convict the pedo.

I was basicly stuck choosing the obvious Husband.

Got a 1 star rating on that one, I think its cause I screwed up the interogation with the pedo which made me unable to arrest him eventho I had clues of the rope and the overalls to make a better case against him.
Juun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 07:19 PM   #24
JKSullivan

JKSullivan's Gamercard
There are some obvious continuity issues with the game - like the mention of Anna Rodriguez, from the exclusive PS3 case - but this one pissed me off. On the first playthrough I arrested the husband and got my ass chewed. So on the second one I arrested the pedo, 5-starred the case, etc - and at the beginning of the Studio Secretary Murder case, they're talking in the car on the way to the crime scene about how Hugo Moller is on trial in the next week, and we have all the evidence we need . . .

WTF?!??!?!
JKSullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 07:51 PM   #25
Tyger7
Moderator and Guide Staff

Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via MSN to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
I think that case is just kind of glitched.

I interviewed both, and accidently backed out (with back button) from Rooney. I then pressed A on him and charged him with the murder. I then see the cut scene as they put Hugo in the cell! Got 3 stars. Then I did it over again but arrested him. 3 Stars.

You must charge Rooney the first time they ask or risk getting the wrong ending. I sort of think they just mixed up their endings or something, it doesn't really make sense how it all turned out.
The things people say to get to 5 posts...

Xbox360 games I have
http://darkadia.com/member/tyger7/library
Tyger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 10:28 PM   #26
KimikoAmaya

KimikoAmaya's Gamercard

FINALLY got five stars; here's how I did it.
Run through the case as normal (of course)
Get all the questions right and find all the evidence.
Have your partner drive to all the locations to cut down on damage
BEFORE you go to central morgue, there will be a radio call in. It sounds like one of the regular street missions, but you will hear Rusty reply.
IMMEDIATELY go to the highschool to catch the pedo and investigate the car.
Then proceed to the morgue and collect your remaining evidence (don't forget to examine the covered body on the table)
Finally Convict the Pedo.
And that's how I popped five stars.

Old 05-24-2011, 11:59 PM   #27
MrCity

xxpvcxx mr city's Gamercard
Hey I missed a clue last night aswell, I found out that the clue was "The Husbands Alibi"...I have no clue how to get his alibi whats so ever. Anyone know?
MrCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 12:16 AM   #28
KimikoAmaya

KimikoAmaya's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCity View Post
Hey I missed a clue last night aswell, I found out that the clue was "The Husbands Alibi"...I have no clue how to get his alibi whats so ever. Anyone know?
Yeah it comes from the daughter. When you question her it comes up if you answer right.

Old 05-25-2011, 03:31 AM   #29
DENAz666

denaz666's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
lol I picked the pedo because he's wearing the exact same outfit as the killer you see in the very first cutscene to the case. i think they deliberately did that to make you pin it on him rather then realising both are in fact innocent

Aussie Xbox Ambassador & Community Xpert
DENAz666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 04:17 AM   #30
CrAzY C0uGaR

bahardms@aol.com's Gamercard
Exclamation Hugo or Eli

Yes, many fingers point to Hugo after the interrogation. Even your partner claims Hugo to be the one after a perfect, double interrogation.
But think back... When you 1st approach Hugo at his residence, he is wearing his work outfit, which proves his is not the one already placed in the trunk. Eli was not wearing worker clothing.
Hugo also wanted someone else to do the job for him (whether it was to have her killed or get her alcoholism help) . Even in his house, there was a book on alcoholism, which isn't a direct clue, but may show a moral concern. So dont just look at clues.
In the real world, both would be jailed until a trial occurred. I have not beaten the game, but with the clues in mind, fingers point away from Hugo as simply an accessory. This game is more than interrogations, but focusing on detail. Look at what they are wearing, look at forced entry. Did Eli even do it? At this point I am not sure, but he was the shaddy, money-hungry, guy that shared the same uniform as Hugo, allowing us to assume the note was to him. Not to mention, he needed to be jailed for an admitted sexual predator anyways.
I simply came on here to see what would happen if I chose Hugo. But I know i will continue to pay attention to every indirect clue and motive until i finish the game.
CrAzY C0uGaR is offline   Reply With Quote