Old 05-27-2011, 04:58 AM   #31
KimikoAmaya

Send a message via AIM to KimikoAmaya Send a message via Skype™ to KimikoAmaya

KimikoAmaya's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY C0uGaR View Post
Yes, many fingers point to Hugo after the interrogation. Even your partner claims Hugo to be the one after a perfect, double interrogation.
But think back... When you 1st approach Hugo at his residence, he is wearing his work outfit, which proves his is not the one already placed in the trunk. Eli was not wearing worker clothing.
Hugo also wanted someone else to do the job for him (whether it was to have her killed or get her alcoholism help) . Even in his house, there was a book on alcoholism, which isn't a direct clue, but may show a moral concern. So dont just look at clues.
In the real world, both would be jailed until a trial occurred. I have not beaten the game, but with the clues in mind, fingers point away from Hugo as simply an accessory. This game is more than interrogations, but focusing on detail. Look at what they are wearing, look at forced entry. Did Eli even do it? At this point I am not sure, but he was the shaddy, money-hungry, guy that shared the same uniform as Hugo, allowing us to assume the note was to him. Not to mention, he needed to be jailed for an admitted sexual predator anyways.
I simply came on here to see what would happen if I chose Hugo. But I know i will continue to pay attention to every indirect clue and motive until i finish the game.
I think the biggest deal with this game, is when people over-analyze everything like you are. It is clearly stated by your partner from the start, that the PUBLIC (keyword) would want the pedo off the streets and if Hugo did do anything they would pick him up later. Also, as soon as you get to the interrogation room, just the fact that your boss is there giving not-so-subtle *NAIL THIS GUY OR I WILL HAVE YOUR HEAD* vibes is a tip off that you have to nail the pedo regardless.
Though the game does focus on detail, over-analyzing past the drawn line will just make your brain pop. Rockstar built this around the reality of 1940s LA; aka, corruption, crime, mystery and POLITICS.
Plus, the game makes a big show of this when if you nail Hugo, the chief brings hell down on you. And when you nail the pedo, you get a congrats because the scum is off the streets and the cops will look good in the paper and eyes of the public. Also, notice the clip where the chief is talking to a notable person with re-election concerns.

KimikoAmaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 05:30 AM   #32
Auburok

Send a message via Skype™ to Auburok

auburok's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimikoAmaya View Post
I think the biggest deal with this game, is when people over-analyze everything like you are. It is clearly stated by your partner from the start, that the PUBLIC (keyword) would want the pedo off the streets and if Hugo did do anything they would pick him up later
Your partner also says Hugo is the number one suspect, so that doesn't work well. He actually bitches about Eli for a while, and then jumps on Hugo at the end. Continuity error.

Quote:
Also, as soon as you get to the interrogation room, just the fact that your boss is there giving not-so-subtle *NAIL THIS GUY OR I WILL HAVE YOUR HEAD* vibes is a tip off that you have to nail the pedo regardless.
He actually says no matter what happens (meaning whomever you pick), he'll make sure to deal with Eli personally. I think it's really odd he'd say that and then flip his shit immediately after. Why claim you'd deal with someone no matter what when you could just tell Cole what to do then? Continuity error again. The speech he gives when you convict Eli makes no mention of him; all he says is that Deidre deserved swift justice after making that fuss about Eli this and that.

Quote:
Though the game does focus on detail, over-analyzing past the drawn line will just make your brain pop. Rockstar built this around the reality of 1940s LA; aka, corruption, crime, mystery and POLITICS.
Rockstar didn't make this game. Team Bondi did. "Rockstar Games Presents" is not unlike "Quentin Tarantino Presents" in this regard: starpower. This is not a Rockstar product, and honestly, it shows. Half the people that play this game wonder why particular evidence wasn't used in this case, why certain questions couldn't be asked, and why Cole just "goes along with it" at the last minute. Yes, politics are a gooey subject, but a story can still be complex yet make sense. There were many more graceful ways to keep the inevitable false conviction without the last minute "who should I convict" question and compromising Cole's character. There were better examples of corruption that made sense. This just was a jumbled mess that left the player asking "what the fuck just happened, and why did I only get 3 stars?"

Quote:
Plus, the game makes a big show of this when if you nail Hugo, the chief brings hell down on you. And when you nail the pedo, you get a congrats because the scum is off the streets and the cops will look good in the paper and eyes of the public. Also, notice the clip where the chief is talking to a notable person with re-election concerns.
That's all well and dandy, but it's poorly executed. Corruption isn't hard to understand, but when it's so poorly conveyed and the cops aren't actively planting evidence at the last moment, it's almost happenstance. "Oh, we found a pedo, too, so he's going to get the blame. I hope no one notices the lady wasn't underage, otherwise this plan is airtight."

Auburok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 07:01 AM   #33
Pmptendo

Send a message via AIM to Pmptendo Send a message via Yahoo to Pmptendo

pmptendo64's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY C0uGaR View Post
Yes, many fingers point to Hugo after the interrogation. Even your partner claims Hugo to be the one after a perfect, double interrogation.
But think back... When you 1st approach Hugo at his residence, he is wearing his work outfit, which proves his is not the one already placed in the trunk. Eli was not wearing worker clothing.
Hugo also wanted someone else to do the job for him (whether it was to have her killed or get her alcoholism help) . Even in his house, there was a book on alcoholism, which isn't a direct clue, but may show a moral concern. So dont just look at clues.
the game.
Wrong Case !!! Your mixing the "Red Lipstick Murder" which is the one were the husband Jacob Henry is wearing green overalls with the "Golden Butterfly" You need to go back and Check your Facts Sir !!

" On my Way to 50k "

Thnx to SuperGaz for the Sig !

Pmptendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 04:52 PM   #34
Zombiedrd

Zombiedrd's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
And then to top it off, all the men were innocent of the murders. THEN, because of politics, their names won't be cleared.
200,000-?
Zombiedrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 04:11 AM   #35
DEG23
Wanderlusting

DEG23 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Donator - Level 5   CABS Beta Tester   Staff - Moderator   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Rajeanero   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Staff Club - Shinobi273
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DENAz666 View Post
lol I picked the pedo because he's wearing the exact same outfit as the killer you see in the very first cutscene to the case. i think they deliberately did that to make you pin it on him rather then realising both are in fact innocent
Didn't notice this the first time, but replayed the case last night and it was obvious it was an Eli look-a-like in the opening cutscene.

SPOILER
I thought the whole homicide desk was a joke after reaching the quarter moon case. On my first playthrough it seemed plausable that each person arrested was the most likely killer but now i know the real killer, i'm wondering how he managed to set up each guilty person. Mainly how all the blood soaked weapons were placed in each person's appartment or car without the owner not noticing. I see what Team Bondi was trying to achieve with the overall story arc but there were far too many continuity issues with homicide.
DEG23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 04:39 PM   #36
CRA166 T

CRA166 T's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEG23 View Post
Didn't notice this the first time, but replayed the case last night and it was obvious it was an Eli look-a-like in the opening cutscene.

SPOILER
I thought the whole homicide desk was a joke after reaching the quarter moon case. On my first playthrough it seemed plausable that each person arrested was the most likely killer but now i know the real killer, i'm wondering how he managed to set up each guilty person. Mainly how all the blood soaked weapons were placed in each person's appartment or car without the owner not noticing. I see what Team Bondi was trying to achieve with the overall story arc but there were far too many continuity issues with homicide.

Agreed!!!!

This is what really pissed me off about this game, as much as i love it, everyone that gets caught usually always leaves a massive piece of evidence in their possession, like "I just killed my wife but ill leave this bloodied shirt and knife just hanging here, ill clear it up later it'll be be fine"
Old 06-06-2011, 08:08 PM   #37
nufcneilo

NufcNeilo's Gamercard
Did anyone not charge both of them? I left both interrogations and there was a cutscene where Hugo made a run for it, and I had to chase him down lol

Y-O-U- ' -R-E means YOU ARE.
Y-O-U-R means YOUR!

Words are never pluralised with apostrophes. Never, EVER.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintchuckles View Post
So I'm making this proclamation: I'm an adequate gamer, and I am proud. Quit raining on my parade.
nufcneilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 08:25 AM   #38
x SNAKE5 x

x SNAKE5 x's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
More evidence points to Hugo than Eli, and every time Hugo opens his mouth a lie falls out, so he is the guilty man, as far as I'm concerned. And I charged him for it having maxed out the case and only got 3 stars.

I guess the clue is the captain speaking to you just before you interview Eli, he wants this guy bad and as this isn't CSI, nailing him for it is easy enough.

I'm not super pleased at having to do the whole thing again to get the 5 stars though just because I wasn't corrupt enough!!

100% Complete Retail: 12 Arcade: 22
90%+ Complete Retail: 27 Arcade: 5
75%+ Complete Retail: 29 Arcade: 11

PSN ID: SNAKES-774
x SNAKE5 x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 05:43 AM   #39
harhahh25

harhahh25's Gamercard
i think in the morgue or coroners office there's a shoe mould that is easily missed because it is not mention by the guy, it just sitting there. im not sure if it is the clue your all missing but it seems most likely and its evidence that the husband did it so yeah. also i think you have to interrogate the two guys in a specific order because one interrogations opens up clue and questions for the other one.
harhahh25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 02:52 AM   #40
Ziggletooth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoborg View Post
I think the game wants to show you how corrupt the police force was back in those days. You are meant to pick pedo because it would be an easy bust and a PR win for the department rather than arresting a widowed father.

Of course, this is punishing the player for playing the game he thinks is the right way. No one in their sane mind would charge the pedo for the murder. It was clear from the evidence it was the father.
This guy is deeply ignorant of ethics. perhapes a lesson is in order.

This is plain wrong
"the player for playing the game he thinks is the right way."

No, not everyone will agree on what is the right course of action. There are three different categories of normative ethics; virtue, deontological and utilitarian. There are many different ethical systems under these categories for example divine command theory and kantain ethics are examples of deontological ethics.

deontoligical ethics is act centered (you have presented a deontological view here) this means the moral value of an act is based on the act alone and the cosequences are not relevant.

for example, if you are hiding jews during the holocaust and a nazi came to your door and asked if there are any jews here you must say yes. you are right to say yes because the consequences are irrelevant, if the jews are executed it is because the nazi's are unjust and not you.

now, if you are a utilitarian like myself you beleave morality is relative to circumstance because we judge an act based on the consequences. In the holocaust case we would lie and say no jews exist here. we am right to lie because we have prevented harm.

Now let's look at the situation and judge the correct course of action using a utilitarian view.

Well, he has already established himself from the dialogue as a preditor of children that has been in trouble with the police. In my view child molestors should be in prison, I don't agree with society that murder is so much worse than child abuse but thats another topic. He has a compulsive behaviour and will continue to prey on children if left alone.

If we put him in prison then children will be safe and he will be punished for past crimes which I believe is a crime deserving of prison.

what about the husband?
well the murder was a horrible thing however it is very unlikely that he will murder again, this is for a number of reasons. He murdered his wife which means the crime was personal but built up over a long relationship, hes not randomly violent with people.

Secondly he must be very spooked from the current case, and is aware that police are suspicious of him and he now known by the police. This will certainly scar him which would prevent him from doing it again (if he even had the opportunity and developed the motive over another long relationship which itself is very unlikely to being with)

and of course the daughter will loose both parents...

basically this is the situation.

arrest rooney
1) punish him for previous crimes
2) children are safe for 15 years
3) it is *very unlikely* that the husband will murder again but still possible
4) the daughter still has her father

arrest the husband
1) punish him for murder
2) children will *very likely* be preyed upon
3) the husband will definately not murder again
4) the daughter will loose both her parents and be very traumatised

Now based on all this I would say the former is the right thing to do. I am right to put rooney in prison for the husband's crime.

My problem with you isnt that you dont agree with me, my problem with you is how ignorant you are of ethics and how there are many different perspectives. you just brushed away all of moral philosophy without knowing anything about it and asserted you are right. thats my problem with you. please be aware right and wrong are non-natural terms, you are only right if you define yourself as right.

I am not saying someone should get away with murder, thats not the question at all. I am balancing this situation. If rooney didnt exist I would certainly put the husband away for his wife's murder.
Ziggletooth is offline   Reply With Quote