Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Racing > DiRT 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-25-2011, 06:04 PM   #31
Blitz MMCCV

Blitz MMCCV's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardstyle View Post
i was feeling the same about getting platinum, i could find where to knock of a extra second, i like how ppl post vids showing it look easy and yes it is when u sat outside of the car in transit van as the camera man, try playing from a real point of view..
http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/151/jlfjk.mp4
Dude that was pretty impressive, and you could of easily got platinum on that one as i noticed you messed up a couple of times. You should of used a flashback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubNut86 View Post
Finished them all. The Bobsleigh Challenge was the hardest IMO.
im 0.243 hundredths of a second off getting plat on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natetendo83 View Post
I can understand people's frustration with the achievements but to hear that people are considering not getting the game because of it? Man that is nothing but your loss, this game is awesome.
Totally Agree, You'd be foolish to disregard this game purely because certain achievements are super hard.

Completed Retail: 13
Completed Windows Phone 7: 7
Completed XBLA: 3
Completed Windows 8: 3

Blitz MMCCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 09:16 PM   #32
JuniorMT

JuniorMT's Gamercard
I think dirt 3 is crap so far. You got cars that ice skate all over the place. No real physics in this game. It has very little from the first dirt and that's like the car selection screen. This game is garbage and these platinums are outrageous. Nfshp was a cake walk compared to this challenge crap. This shit is not worth the anger and frustration that it creates.

Go back to dirt 1, codemasters, and ditch all these other bullshit ideas you got going on. Sometimes improving on an idea can probably be your biggest mistake. Stay with the original formula that works.

And as for ken block, sure he is fun to watch but in a video games, your style blows ass. Keep your innovations to yourself man.

Now I await forza 4 with little hope as the big sequels nowadays seem to be failures.

JuniorMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 09:20 PM   #33
pX I Atticus

dI Atticus Ib's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniorMT View Post
I think dirt 3 is crap so far. You got cars that ice skate all over the place. No real physics in this game. It has very little from the first dirt and that's like the car selection screen. This game is garbage and these platinums are outrageous. Nfshp was a cake walk compared to this challenge crap. This shit is not worth the anger and frustration that it creates.

Go back to dirt 1, codemasters, and ditch all these other bullshit ideas you got going on. Sometimes improving on an idea can probably be your biggest mistake. Stay with the original formula that works.

And as for ken block, sure he is fun to watch but in a video games, your style blows ass. Keep your innovations to yourself man.

Now I await forza 4 with little hope as the big sequels nowadays seem to be failures.
mate go play DiRT 1 now the handling is so bad the breaks are like F1 breaks stop u dead. D3's handling is hard to get used to from the get go.

pX I Atticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 09:33 PM   #34
HLR zdmetal

Send a message via MSN to HLR zdmetal

AG zdmetal's Gamercard
I've come to grips with the fact that I will probably never get platinum's on any of the challenges. They really are pretty tough, or I just suck.
Old 05-25-2011, 09:36 PM   #35
xTGMx INF3RNO

xTGMx INF3RNO's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts
Just got platinum on all tutorials. was a bitch on the drift one. easy now i look back just take breaks and stick at it

xTGMx INF3RNO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 09:44 PM   #36
Blitz MMCCV

Blitz MMCCV's Gamercard
Quote:

You clearly have no taste whatsoever this game is pure awesome, the are you sure your playing the same game, the handling is amazing imo im even playing it with all assists off except ABS and still find the cars easy to control.
and the formula for this game is epic. I think you wanted this game to be crap because you like dirt 1 too much, so naturally now its out you think its crap.
Codemasters freaking own when it comes to making racing games their ideas are not bullshit at all. You say gymkhana sucks probably because you can do it. In fact the only thing i agree with you on is how ridiculously hard the platinums are apart from that clearly a dirt 1 fanboy so this game was never gonna be to your liking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pX I Atticus View Post
mate go play DiRT 1 now the handling is so bad the breaks are like F1 breaks stop u dead. D3's handling is hard to get used to from the get go.
To be fair i only just 1k'd DiRT 1 a couple of weeks ago and i still think it feels quite fresh to say its 3 years old. Do i think DiRT 1 is better? hell no but the handling on it was just fine imo.

Old 05-25-2011, 10:04 PM   #37
JuniorMT

JuniorMT's Gamercard
How am I freakin fanboy? Do you even know what a fanboy is? Saying a I like a title from the same series would make me a fan of the series thus a dirt fanboy. Get a clue with your nerd dictonary you moron.

Dirt 1 was better than this one. Its like codemasters tried too hard on this title. Hell dirt 2 is better in my book than this game.

I am not even a huge race game guy, sure I like to play them but the title I do prefer is forza. That's as good as a racing game could get.

Hell if I could get racing games like the old school hot pursuit titles and even the first nfs underground, I would be happy.

Trick racing in a game or in real life has never been my thing. I prefer just authentic racing, and not that go fast turn left crap.

As a gamer I can state my own personal opinion, as I play a ton of games and know what to look for in my tastes. Just because I don't agree with certain fans of a game doesn't mean either of us is wrong about the damned game.

Cheer up and don't be mad I hated on a title you liked...fanboy

JuniorMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 05:54 AM   #38
Maka

Send a message via MSN to Maka

Maka91's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 10,000 posts   Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Emerald   GRID 2 Award   Submit - Platinum   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Micro Guide - Gold   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Silver   x360a Book Club   A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
Quote:

Dirt 1 physics were incredibly flawed. You realize every car in that game turns on an axis that passes perfectly through the center of the car. The back never actually swings out on that game, and it feels more like Ridge Racer, where you are stuck to a certain path when drifting.

The platinums aren't that bad assuming you give the game time and actually learn to play it. Expecting to be able to get platinum on every challenge only hours into the game is a little over the top, don't you think? Ever consider playing ahead and coming back to a challenge? You'll notice they become easier.

Gymkhana was a nice addition, and it makes up like 20% of the game at most. You can make it through most of the game without it if you really want.

Forza 4 will hopefully be good, but I dont have the greatest hopes after they didn't change a things from Forza 2 to Forza 3.

Maka is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 07:21 AM   #39
TAI JASON

TAI JASON's Gamercard

I hate the controlls and i love them ;D

Your realy must learn how to drive, itīs way better then Dirt 2. Besides that i suck at Ghymkana with platinum, i like the rally part of the game.

Stupid: You can win every Ghymkana with the maximum points if you do the donut trick in one of the fields without anything else, take the gap of one, keep you can in a half in/half out way and do your donuts. I got easy platinum and easy points in all events with that.
TAI JASON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 12:29 PM   #40
xI VARSITY

oDAZZLAo's Gamercard
they aren't that hard.. LMFAO at the N000000B MODE on the video... ha ha
Old 05-26-2011, 03:08 PM   #41
Bergy3

Bergy3's Gamercard
Proper car setup for Gymkhana

I am struggling to capture the platinum medals in the tutorials...
I have gotten gold and come close to plat a dozen times, I roughly understand how the sliders affect the handling but at this point I am just moving them around arbitrarily.

Does anyone have a go to car & setup they would recommend?

Here's an example:
Ford Fiesta GYM
Gear Ratio: 3
Downforce: 5
Suspension: 2
Ride Height: 2
Differential: 1
Brake Bias: 2

[1] being the far left box and [5] representing the far right

Any suggestions are appreciated, thx.
Bergy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 04:56 PM   #42
Leo-Magic

CDMA ss's Gamercard
its gonna take a while
Leo-Magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 05:21 PM   #43
xTGMx INF3RNO

Quote:

Cars handle realistic and beautiful dirt 3 is fantastic im afraid to say you dont like it because you suck and because you dont want to admit you suck. you just moan about pointless shit. which is bullshit anyhow and the platinums are hard yes but a bit of practice and there easy. got my platinum chevios in about an hour

Old 05-26-2011, 07:20 PM   #44
SWAGGART
Banned User

ZIGGYTR0N's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
These are a joke Thats all Ive got to say on the matter proper pathetic.
SWAGGART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 09:14 PM   #45
Suki

they are ultra hard even when done perfectly u may have 1 second to spare if that many times under half a sec left,so it sa flawless run required, i have done 8 of the DC challenges so far and have platinuim'd them all thus far but each one is a real hard slog and not really looking forward to whats left.

Last edited by Suki; 05-27-2011 at 07:09 PM.
Suki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 09:51 PM   #46
Blitz MMCCV

Blitz MMCCV's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suki View Post
they are ultra hard even when done perfectly u may have 1 second to spare if that man times under half a sec left,so it sa flawless run required, i have done 8 of the DC challenges so far and have platinuim'd them all thus far but each one is a real hard slog and not really looking forward to whats left.
I did a couple with ease last night without even really trying and yet the other day i couldn't come near those times. so im hopeful i'll eventually have 1000/1000 on the game until the dlc which i hope they will take it upto 1750

Old 05-27-2011, 12:23 AM   #47
sneh

SNEH2J00's Gamercard
So far I'm struggling with the platinums using the controller, but I havent used my wheel yet though. I'm always better with the wheel so I wont pass judgement until I've tried it out.
sneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 08:53 AM   #48
skizzle168

I got them all exept the damm Drift. Its driving me nuts! I knew you needed to do 8's, I figured that much. I just cant get a setup that works for consistency! I start losing power in the middle of long drifts.
skizzle168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 09:34 AM   #49
xTGMx INF3RNO

Quote:
Originally Posted by skizzle168 View Post
I got them all exept the damm Drift. Its driving me nuts! I knew you needed to do 8's, I figured that much. I just cant get a setup that works for consistency! I start losing power in the middle of long drifts.
Powerslide hard and as your drifting tap the power on and off. youll get it eventually

Old 05-27-2011, 07:11 PM   #50
Suki

Quote:
Originally Posted by skizzle168 View Post
ok for the drift i knocked off all assissts it seemed to help me keep the wheels spinning at lower speeds and keep the drift score high.
Old 05-28-2011, 04:30 AM   #51
TwentyozDew

TwentyozDew's Gamercard
The Gymkahna drift tutorial has crushed my soul. I have tried it atleast 50+ times and still cant get it. Ill do great on one try then do terrible the next.
TwentyozDew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 05:54 AM   #52
budje

Budje007's Gamercard

ok just post this for the last time looking like a spammer right now lol
Just keep ur head cool and when its not working for u just take a break and come back later to finish the job . Thats always helps
When u are frustrated u will never get it believe me i had the same with the smash tutorial when i started but when u stay cool u eventually get it
or else (shoot the car)lol
budje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 08:25 PM   #53
chs170

Just platinum-ed all the challenges earlier. Very difficult but achievable with a lot of patience!
I found a few hints through doing the challenges myself:

- I found myself overshooting corners and donuts. If you press the handbrake button (b) and the foot brake (left trigger) at the same time and you'll steadily slow down in a straight line. Perfect for correcting a fast entry.

- If you find yourself going too fast and crashing all the time, just slow down and try to stop drifting round corners, especially in sprint challenges and smash challenges. I found i had a lot more time left on the clock when i slowed down a bit and focused on getting a clean line rather than trying to get round corners and objects fast.
However sometimes in smash challenges it helps to get the rear out in some corners so use only the handbrake for this.

- Always do a practice run first to nail the perfect line down. In some events there are optional routes to take so try each one and aim for the shortest.

- Use flashbacks!

Good luck!
chs170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 09:00 PM   #54
SHiiFT

x GrannyTipper's Gamercard
pretty easy got all platinum so far and up to season 4
SHiiFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 10:45 PM   #55
NukeDukem

topgunprobo's Gamercard
just done the platinums. if you can do the bobsleigh challenge, you can do all of them imo. definitely the hardest one.
Old 05-29-2011, 10:40 PM   #56
NIBBLE MY PRAWN

NIBBLE MY PRAWN's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergy3 View Post
I am struggling to capture the platinum medals in the tutorials...
I have gotten gold and come close to plat a dozen times, I roughly understand how the sliders affect the handling but at this point I am just moving them around arbitrarily.

Does anyone have a go to car & setup they would recommend?

Here's an example:
Ford Fiesta GYM
Gear Ratio: 3
Downforce: 5
Suspension: 2
Ride Height: 2
Differential: 1
Brake Bias: 2

[1] being the far left box and [5] representing the far right

Any suggestions are appreciated, thx.
my advice is go to manual gearing and hardley come out of 2nd gear. i have plat all dc challenges up2 the 3rd season (isnt easy) but stickin with gear has worked for me very well!
NIBBLE MY PRAWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 01:08 PM   #57
tomo170394

tomo1794's Gamercard
Stuck on gymkhana sprint 3 - Season 4 - Repsol Masters Championship
I've done all of the other main dirt tour ones on platinum so far.
tomo170394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 01:28 PM   #58
tomo170394

tomo1794's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomo170394 View Post
Stuck on gymkhana sprint 3 - Season 4 - Repsol Masters Championship
I've done all of the other main dirt tour ones on platinum so far.
Never mind just did it
tomo170394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 08:13 PM   #59
Taki...

Opus Taki's Gamercard
Way easier than Platinum Arcader on PGR4. Once you get the hang of how the cars handle you don't need to mess with the set-up or use manual gears (I didn't). 'Platinum medals' seriously doesn't deserve a WTF...

For I have sworn thee fair, and thought thee bright
Who art as black as hell, as dark as night.
Stand still and consider the wondrous works of Valentino Rossi.
Taki... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 08:44 PM   #60
Dead Wiggle

Dead Wiggle's Gamercard
got this game today and so far so good..dam those platinum annoying ! taking me 10-12 tries to get this medal in every gymkhana truck..