Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Racing > DiRT 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-13-2011, 01:46 AM   #91
mrpoontang

PAST0R RICHARDS's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by tankbuster View Post
I have always enjoyed the Dirt game series, and this one is just as good as the other two, but those platinum Chievos are a pain in the ARSE IMO.
Yeah they are seriously pissing me off
mrpoontang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 01:51 AM   #92
mrpoontang

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLR zdmetal View Post
I've come to grips with the fact that I will probably never get platinum's on any of the challenges. They really are pretty tough, or I just suck.
Thats how i feel and i've got perfect gamerscores on the other 2 dirt games.But the Gymkana stuff in this version just drives me up the wall!
Old 08-13-2011, 01:56 AM   #93
mrpoontang

Quote:
Originally Posted by NukeDukem View Post
just done the platinums. if you can do the bobsleigh challenge, you can do all of them imo. definitely the hardest one.
Well i've done the bobsleigh challenge and i'm still struggling with the Gymkhana stuff lol
Old 08-13-2011, 02:02 AM   #94
mrpoontang

And i'm not the biggest fan of the Dirt series because i just want a good WRC game based on the championship.Sadly the WRC game made by Blackbean is absolute shit,so i have to make do with Dirt.I just want old style Colin Mcrae rallying again.

I wouldn't say i suck at Dirt 3 but i am finding the Gymkhana stuff a little tricky i have 1 platinum medal and the rest are golds!

The buggy and truck racing is ok and adds variety for everyone,but like i say i just love proper rally sims like the old Richard Burns rally on pc and Colin Mcrae on the PS2!
Old 08-15-2011, 05:48 PM   #95
bigskinner

dA m0tAtAy dArk's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpoontang View Post
And i'm not the biggest fan of the Dirt series because i just want a good WRC game based on the championship.Sadly the WRC game made by Blackbean is absolute shit,so i have to make do with Dirt.I just want old style Colin Mcrae rallying again.

I wouldn't say i suck at Dirt 3 but i am finding the Gymkhana stuff a little tricky i have 1 platinum medal and the rest are golds!

The buggy and truck racing is ok and adds variety for everyone,but like i say i just love proper rally sims like the old Richard Burns rally on pc and Colin Mcrae on the PS2!
yeah mate i agree, they need to get ken block to fuck off!!!

he is putting too much shite into the game. I dont mind gymkhana it is tricky, but there should not be as much of it. Bring back the rallying!!!

I am hoping that wrc 2012 is better the 2011 cause your right it was pure MALAKITE!!!
bigskinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 01:07 AM   #96
SHawk996

shawk996's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskinner View Post
yeah mate i agree, they need to get ken block to fuck off!!!

he is putting too much shite into the game. I dont mind gymkhana it is tricky, but there should not be as much of it. Bring back the rallying!!!

I am hoping that wrc 2012 is better the 2011 cause your right it was pure MALAKITE!!!

Dude, you haven't even finished the freaking Dirt Tour yet. That's essentially ALL you do in those damn games is race/rally! Hardly any of it is gymkhana, in relation to the number of rally races there are.
100k - Aug 9th 2012
Gamerscore goal complete...working on my completion percentage now.
Looking to boost: Gears 3, Rainbow Six Vegas
SHawk996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 09:54 AM   #97
Chaz Of Sparta

Chaz Of Sparta's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniorMT View Post
How am I freakin fanboy? Do you even know what a fanboy is? Saying a I like a title from the same series would make me a fan of the series thus a dirt fanboy. Get a clue with your nerd dictonary you moron.

Dirt 1 was better than this one. Its like codemasters tried too hard on this title. Hell dirt 2 is better in my book than this game.

I am not even a huge race game guy, sure I like to play them but the title I do prefer is forza. That's as good as a racing game could get.

Hell if I could get racing games like the old school hot pursuit titles and even the first nfs underground, I would be happy.

Trick racing in a game or in real life has never been my thing. I prefer just authentic racing, and not that go fast turn left crap.

As a gamer I can state my own personal opinion, as I play a ton of games and know what to look for in my tastes. Just because I don't agree with certain fans of a game doesn't mean either of us is wrong about the damned game.

Cheer up and don't be mad I hated on a title you liked...fanboy
I mostly agree with you, I didn't like it as much as the first two but I wouldn't go and say it's crap. It's a pretty good game, but I think it's gone too far from its roots and just ditched the rallying aspect it originally had.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xhunterrrr View Post
Big advantage of a console? Don't have to play with "PC master race" idiots.

Chaz Of Sparta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 03:26 PM   #98
HeaVeNSeNtToM

HeaVeNSeNtToM's Gamercard
If any of you guys are struggling, check out this youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/xSUPERxGTx

I got Plats on everything that was straightforward. However these vids are great for showing the best routes through the challenges that require you to do the tricks in any order you want.
HeaVeNSeNtToM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 06:06 PM   #99
TacticalTodger
Banned User

Send a message via MSN to TacticalTodger Send a message via Skype™ to TacticalTodger

SAUSAGE R0LLS's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
This evening I found out I absolutely suck at drifting in Dirt 3. I can't get the hang on it, I'm not sure if it's just because I'm very bad or I'm used to Burnout/NFS Hot Pursuit style drifting but I find myself just sliding out and spinning round in circles lol
TacticalTodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 02:47 AM   #100
kick808

kick808's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by B A R 4 D View Post
From the looks of it I'm not even gonna bother with these platinums :/
I feel the same way! Just getting gold on that level is impossible for me. I hate having to have perfect runs just to get a second place. ugh
kick808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 06:25 AM   #101
Dexter010

Claptrap NL's Gamercard
This achievement is one of the hardest achievements in the game.
I'll skip this achievement, it's nonsense.
Dexter010 is offline   Reply With Quote