PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > RPG > Dungeons & Dragons: Daggerdale
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-24-2011, 02:49 PM   #1
Frankie Godskin

Frankie Godskin's Gamercard
Lightbulb Man At Arms achievement

Man at Arms 20 Collect 1 of every weapon in the game

This could be a doozy. I'm guessing it could be one of three ways:
  1. You need to collect one of every weapon type. This would mean one staff, one bow, one dagger, one longsword, one broadsword, one two-handed axe, one throwing axe, etc.. It's possible there would be 50 or so of these, but you could realistically find them on a single playthrough.
  2. You need to collect one of every weapon type and category. This would mean there a difference between a longsword of slaying and a longsword of ice. If this is the case, we could be looking at 50 weapons each with 10 varieties, meaning 500 weapons to track down. This would be difficult.
  3. You need to collect one of each weapon type, category, and class. This means that a rusty longsword is different than an iron longsword. If this is the case, and each weapon has 5 classes, we could be looking at 2,500+ weapon types. I truly doubt this is the case, as it would require an absurd amount of grinding and luck.
Other things which factor into this scenario:
  1. Can you trade weapons online?
  2. Do you have to collect all the items with a single character?
  3. Do you need to have them all in your chest/on your person simultaneously?
  4. Does it count if you had an item but then sold it/traded it?
This achievement could either be something that happens naturally during gameplay or an nightmare of grinding.
Old 05-24-2011, 03:13 PM   #2
tS-BLiTZ

Send a message via AIM to tS-BLiTZ

mattBLiTZ's Gamercard
Guessing one of each type. So one dagger, one axe, etc. Trading might work, but I feel like they aren't going to make it incredibly hard to come across one of each. Guessing no for simultaneous, too. Might have to be same character, though. Hm.
twitter.com/mlgBLiTZ <-Message me saying to follow back and I will
tS-BLiTZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 08:56 PM   #3
13ip0lar

Zweipolig's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tS-BLiTZ View Post
Guessing one of each type. So one dagger, one axe, etc. Trading might work, but I feel like they aren't going to make it incredibly hard to come across one of each. Guessing no for simultaneous, too. Might have to be same character, though. Hm.
I agree with this, but also would think they might make it a little more in-depth. By that I mean, and I apologize OP if you mentioned this, but I skimmed so I'm going to reiterate. Anyways. something along the lines of swords: Long sword, short sword, cutlass, etcetera. I doubt there will be that many variations, but I would assume there could be easily 4 types of weapons with 5 variations. I'm not a D&D fan, but I assume the types are similar to other RPG games.

Btw in reference to your follow up questions I would imagine the game records you having it once you pick it up. So I highly doubt you have to have them all on your person at once or in your chest for it to pop.

I hate people... But don't worry, if you are reading this it likely means I don't hate you. Why? People can't read.

13ip0lar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 08:58 PM   #4
Zero Judgement

Zero Judgement's Gamercard
I got the achievement about an hour ago, I just always picked up everything and it will pop eventually.
Old 05-27-2011, 02:38 AM   #5
Asariel

Arkzein's Gamercard

Awards Showcase FIFA/Madden Subscribers Tourn. - Second Place   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
I'm reasonably sure it's just every weapon 'type' by which I mean now just one handed bladed weapons but you'll need a Dagger, Axe, Short Sword, Long Sword, Scimitar etc.. I'd had loads of every type of weapon in various varieties but it popped when I found a plain old Shuriken (first I'd seen of those). You don't need to hold them all at one time either but I'm not sure if it carries over between characters as I've only played one thus far.

It took me until level 7 and Chapter 2/3 on my first run to get it so I'd mirror the above and say just collect weapons and you'll have it eventually. certainly long before 4 chars to level 10 I'd imagine.
Old 05-27-2011, 07:45 PM   #6
KeepEmRolling

KeepEmRolling's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asariel View Post
I'm reasonably sure it's just every weapon 'type' by which I mean now just one handed bladed weapons but you'll need a Dagger, Axe, Short Sword, Long Sword, Scimitar etc.. I'd had loads of every type of weapon in various varieties but it popped when I found a plain old Shuriken (first I'd seen of those). You don't need to hold them all at one time either but I'm not sure if it carries over between characters as I've only played one thus far.

It took me until level 7 and Chapter 2/3 on my first run to get it so I'd mirror the above and say just collect weapons and you'll have it eventually. certainly long before 4 chars to level 10 I'd imagine.
Well that's certainly good news if you don't have to keep one of everything in your inventory. I'm running out of room from keeping all the different weapons my character can't even use.
KeepEmRolling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 12:39 AM   #7
Rashaka1

Rashaka1's Gamercard
So from the roadmap guide there is a list of weapons for this achievement... I have all but two of the weapons. I need the Bastard Sword (not tiefling) and I need a plain "staff". I can't seem to find either of these weapons anywhere. I've been searching for them for 2 days. I have almost collected 100k gold on one character just from running around killing stuff from one vendor to the next trying to find the items as a drop or for sale. Does anyone know where you can get these two items?

Rashaka1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 06:28 AM   #8
Rashaka1

Rashaka1's Gamercard
Can anyone 100% confirm or deny that you do or do not need to have all the items on you at one time?

Old 05-31-2011, 08:21 AM   #9
Rashaka1

Rashaka1's Gamercard
Uhg... Finally got this figured out. There was something missing from the list and two things on the list don't belong on there. I sent an update to the road map OP so hopefully he will update it soon so that others can figure out if they are missing something.

Old 06-01-2011, 04:15 PM   #10
Van Hooligan X

Van Hooligan X's Gamercard
I got this without even trying really

On my 2nd character I checklisted a list of all the items i needed and kept them all in. Weird thing is I didn't collect them all and I got the achievement. So don't sell weapons and make a checklist.

Completed games: 102
Retail: 56
Arcade: 46

Name and shame list(People who don't boost back):
Irish Milliant
Van Hooligan X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 08:49 PM   #11
xMac73

xMac73's Gamercard
My Man at Arms achievement popped on my 2nd character (Rogue) when she was at Level 10.

I used the list of weapons from the achievement guide to note which weapons I had collected. Oddly, I never collected a MACE or any weapon with mace in the name, but the achievement still popped.

Oh, and I haven't played a second in multiplayer, so that requirement can definitely be crossed of the possibilities list.

My Currect Achievement Streak: #1 in the World
xMac73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 09:25 PM   #12
UnarmedReaper07

UnarmedReaper07's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
I got the achievement, while fighting the final boss. This was with my first character.
UnarmedReaper07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 08:40 PM   #13
Qweklain

Krelium's Gamercard
The achievement is not based on each weapon category (1-handed sword, 2-handed sword, staff, bow, etc.). I can confirm that as I bought one of every type and had at least one of each in my inventory and no pop.

I got it to pop when farming the final boss area. I am not 100% sure, but I think it is each prefix/suffix type, for example, Cloth Armor of the Pact, Fiery Helmet, Helmet of Neutralization, I think you get the idea. You need to acquire (buying or finding) equipment to have held at least one of EACH type of those (Fiery, Pact, etc.) for it to pop. The end boss is best to farm due to the equipment that drops can have 1-3 of these.

Also, I do not think you need each stage of each type. For example type = fire resistance while the stage would be Fiery = +1 fire resist, Scorching = +2 fire resist. I do not think you need each stage, just each type (fire resist, fire damage, ice resist, ice damage, etc.). Yes, there are more types than just element damage or resistance.

Last edited by Qweklain; 06-04-2011 at 08:46 PM.
Qweklain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 04:42 PM   #14
Asariel

Arkzein's Gamercard

Awards Showcase FIFA/Madden Subscribers Tourn. - Second Place   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qweklain View Post
The achievement is not based on each weapon category (1-handed sword, 2-handed sword, staff, bow, etc.). I can confirm that as I bought one of every type and had at least one of each in my inventory and no pop.

I got it to pop when farming the final boss area. I am not 100% sure, but I think it is each prefix/suffix type, for example, Cloth Armor of the Pact, Fiery Helmet, Helmet of Neutralization, I think you get the idea. You need to acquire (buying or finding) equipment to have held at least one of EACH type of those (Fiery, Pact, etc.) for it to pop. The end boss is best to farm due to the equipment that drops can have 1-3 of these.

Also, I do not think you need each stage of each type. For example type = fire resistance while the stage would be Fiery = +1 fire resist, Scorching = +2 fire resist. I do not think you need each stage, just each type (fire resist, fire damage, ice resist, ice damage, etc.). Yes, there are more types than just element damage or resistance.
I believe I can confirm it's not based (at least solely) on elemental types such as this as it popped for me when I picked up a plain Shuriken having never have held/owned any Shuriken before that point.
Old 06-13-2011, 06:41 PM   #15
Ralph The Rogue

Ralph The Rogue's Gamercard
I just picked up and sold everything along the way and got it during the 3rd chapter. I only bought one or two blue weapons along the way.

Ralph The Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 08:14 PM   #16
Kagain

kagain's Gamercard
I'm pretty sure the achievement carries over to other characters, because it just popped on my 2nd run as a new mage after just a few quests in chapter 1 and I only found 3-4 different weapon types.
Kagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 04:02 PM   #17
jenafer6

Send a message via ICQ to jenafer6

st0rmyweather's Gamercard
i still have not gotten this achievement and it seems no one is exactly sure how you get it... does anyone know EXACTLY how you happen to get this achievement?
jenafer6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 11:08 AM   #18
LT TRAV

CPT TRAV's Gamercard
I happened to get it by chance. One my first play through, during my first time in the city mines. I just picked up everything along the way, brought/sold what I could at the vendors.

I'm willing give/drop all the odds and ends I have spare later once on-line.

Audacious He's a legend
LT TRAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 04:24 PM   #19
sleepydumbdude

sleepydumbdude's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
I got it on at the beginning of chapter three. I was picking up all the items and selling them. Don't have to have them all in the inventory at once.
sleepydumbdude is offline   Reply With Quote