PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Dungeon Siege 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-26-2011, 08:30 PM   #1
Method

Method x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   x360a Representer   Road Map - Emerald   PAX Meet 2010   Achievement Guide - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Gold   1,000 Posts   Member of the Month   A+ Thread Award   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 13 (more» ...)
Achievement Discussion

Discuss the achievements in this thread. The list can be found HERE.

Method is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 08:02 PM   #2
J is LEGEND515

J is LEGEND515's Gamercard
i dont like the multi player achievements as i tend to only play multi player with my m8s that ive know for ages and tend not to play wid radomers and none of my m8s r getting this game :'-(
J is LEGEND515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 11:29 PM   #3
jenafer6

Send a message via ICQ to jenafer6

st0rmyweather's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by J is LEGEND515 View Post
i dont like the multi player achievements as i tend to only play multi player with my m8s that ive know for ages and tend not to play wid radomers and none of my m8s r getting this game :'-(
if u or anyone else is looking to play mp, i am getting this and would love to have some "serious" ppl to play it with. msg me here on xbox
jenafer6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 01:58 AM   #4
DENAz666

denaz666's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
lol played for about 2hrs last night and didn't unlock one achievment!! Not even the 'pat on the head' achievement for completing tutorial

Aussie Xbox Ambassador & Community Xpert
DENAz666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 04:53 PM   #5
kinjoking
Banned User

kinjothetaken's Gamercard
yea i wanna play with some serious gamers, i need help defeating rajani on hardcore, i found the game upto that point quite easy on hardcore mode, upto about 4hours gameplay and only 85G thru the single player campaign, so if anyone wants to join my game anytime for a serious session, then let me know.
kinjoking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 05:07 AM   #6
Punisher294

FrankCastle492's Gamercard
Pardon me, but is system link available for local co-op in this game?
Punisher294 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 04:36 PM   #7
GroundXaero

Send a message via MSN to GroundXaero

GroundXaero's Gamercard
Does anyone know if you join a person's coop game you get all the achievements still? I don't care about having a progression save but it matters that I at least get the achievements for finishing the game and beating the bosses etc
GroundXaero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 12:42 PM   #8
MyPetWorm

Elyoh's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher294 View Post
Pardon me, but is system link available for local co-op in this game?
No, you can only play over xbox Live. It is possible to play 4 players with only 2 gold accounts/xboxes though

Quote:
Originally Posted by GroundXaero View Post
Does anyone know if you join a person's coop game you get all the achievements still? I don't care about having a progression save but it matters that I at least get the achievements for finishing the game and beating the bosses etc
Yes. See the guide, I talk about it a bit in there (Going to expand more in the guide later...)

First in the World to finish Dungeon Siege III
First in the Southern Hemisphere to finish Mass Effect 3, Age of Empires Online and Babel Rising

Writer of the Dungeon Sige III and Babel Rising guides
MyPetWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 03:07 PM   #9
GroundXaero

Send a message via MSN to GroundXaero

GroundXaero's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyPetWorm View Post
Yes. See the guide, I talk about it a bit in there
Good to know! Thanks for the reply mate
GroundXaero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 01:26 PM   #10
kinjoking
Banned User

i dont think u can get the selling 100,000 gold in someone elses game, u gotta do that in your own game i think, but its pretty easy if u can spare 15 mins repeatedly doing selling/buyback
Old 06-24-2011, 06:21 AM   #11
Deagletime

deagletime's Gamercard
merchant of ehb, achievement is glitched on my first playthrough. I get the deed but not the achievement, I played solo the entire time and sold all my trash loot.

i've reloaded earlier saves to buy and sell loot (not doing buyback BS) and it still wont pop just gives the deed.
Deagletime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 05:09 PM   #12
kinjoking
Banned User

i heard theres a max influence glitch somewhere in the game, something about opening a door to get influence then saving/reloading, anyone else done that, a guy i know has and said there was a thread bout it on this site??
Old 06-25-2011, 09:16 AM   #13
kinjoking
Banned User

dont worry i done it now :P
Old 06-29-2011, 01:34 PM   #14
UndyingCarcass

UndyingCarcass's Gamercard
Hey everyone, i know im probably asking a SERIOUSLY pointless question but would someone pleeeease let me join there game so i can get the empowered defence ability cheeevo! I have an end game save with Katarina and dont mind finishing the game another three times if someone needs the achievements. i also have a save just before the first boss so if anyone needs the beat a boss (??) cheevo's im willing to help with them as well. im half way through the game on hardcore and could also help someone get that cheevo as well.
Iv been trying to get this one for ages and im sick of being kicked or lagged out, looking for serious gamers only. GT : UndyingCarcass
Thanks
UndyingCarcass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 01:38 PM   #15
UndyingCarcass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deagletime View Post
merchant of ehb, achievement is glitched on my first playthrough. I get the deed but not the achievement, I played solo the entire time and sold all my trash loot.

i've reloaded earlier saves to buy and sell loot (not doing buyback BS) and it still wont pop just gives the deed.
It seems that these cheevos are very glitchy. I played with my friend for four and a half hours and unlocked the 'nerds hate sunlight' one. Think thats because when the AI takes over at any point it stops the counter, and if your levelling up etc that also stops the counter. Same with 'Enduring Champion' i got the deed about 80% through the game and didnt get the cheevo till just before the final boss (guess i was just lucky). i unlocked the 'Merchant of Ehb' one by selling all my equipment then just buying it back, but i had only played single player all the way through the game so items sold in multiplayer might not count. Try starting a new game then when you reach the first merchant, sell all, BB all, sell all etc. this should take some time but should work. If you need any help just send me a message.
Old 06-29-2011, 01:50 PM   #16
ruslan74

Send a message via MSN to ruslan74 Send a message via Skype™ to ruslan74

ruslan74's Gamercard
I had a save prior to entering the tower to meet Jayne and basically sold my stuff, did a buy back and after doing the same 4 times the Merchant of Ehb popped. I had the deed previously but the achv had glitched on me. I gave up on Rajani's Rival and Enduring Champion after trying several times.
Old 06-29-2011, 02:05 PM   #17
UndyingCarcass

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruslan74 View Post
I had a save prior to entering the tower to meet Jayne and basically sold my stuff, did a buy back and after doing the same 4 times the Merchant of Ehb popped. I had the deed previously but the achv had glitched on me. I gave up on Rajani's Rival and Enduring Champion after trying several times.
I have a save for Rajani's rival and have managed it myself. id happily help you out, we could do a two player knock it down to casual and ill help you up if you get killed? I dont mind helping, all i ask is someone helps me with the last cheevo i need lol. GT: UndyingCarcass
Old 06-29-2011, 02:11 PM   #18
ruslan74

Send a message via MSN to ruslan74 Send a message via Skype™ to ruslan74

ruslan74's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by UndyingCarcass View Post
I have a save for Rajani's rival and have managed it myself. id happily help you out, we could do a two player knock it down to casual and ill help you up if you get killed? I dont mind helping, all i ask is someone helps me with the last cheevo i need lol. GT: UndyingCarcass
Thanks for the offer but I have tried with several players, on my own with the AI, in a new game, etc. and it just doesnt pop. I have already traded the game in so perhaps when there is DLC I might rent a copy to carry on.
Old 06-29-2011, 02:13 PM   #19
UndyingCarcass

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruslan74 View Post
Thanks for the offer but I have tried with several players, on my own with the AI, in a new game, etc. and it just doesnt pop. I have already traded the game in so perhaps when there is DLC I might rent a copy to carry on.
No worries, mine unlocked first time round along with 'i could do this blindfolded' as i did these together. maybe its just something to do with your copy. really annoying that some RPG's have these problems. Sacred was another very glitchy action rpg and Dungeon Siege just follows the trend. Bring on Skyrim!!
Old 06-30-2011, 06:16 PM   #20
Kurosaki Bankai

Bankai Mugetsu's Gamercard
Maximum Charisma and Circle of Friends

I got Maximum Charisma and Circle of Friends in one go and it's so easy to do.
Here's what i did:
At the end of the game just before you fight reborn god, pick the character you want maximum charisma with and leave the chapter house. Go about mid field into the forest area and fight the first enemies. Return to the chapter house and open first door. Upon opening the second door immediately after the first one, your support character will say a fancy line and you will gain influence. Keep doing this method over and over about 15 times (more or less pending on how much influence youve gotten thus far) and you will eventually reach maximum. Once max influence just change out to another character and do same process until you get the first influence deed for that character. Once you have first deed for other 2 characters you will recieve circle of friends.

Hope this helps, i stumbled upon it while leveling my characters to 30.
Kurosaki Bankai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 04:19 AM   #21
ke253

ke253's Gamercard
im serious about getting the achievements i only have the 3 hr playthrough and the answer the question 20 achievements left, if you would like to send me a message
ke253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 08:43 PM   #22
Rayfe

RayfeLosstarot's Gamercard
Shouldn't have made them so easy to boost. Hardcore achievement shouldn't be 'join someone elses game and beat final boss' that ISN'T winning at Hardcore mode >.<
Same with the character and levels achievements.

I'm all for boosting but when you want to do it legit and actually play through the game on Hardcore, there's no one there to join. Fuckin' pissin' me off. Trudging through it alone sucks, this game was obviously meant to be played 4 player. But how can that happen when everyone only wants to play final boss and do it the easy way?
Screws the whole game up.

/endrant.
Rayfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 10:27 PM   #23
StopCampinBish

StopCampinBish's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayfe View Post
Shouldn't have made them so easy to boost. Hardcore achievement shouldn't be 'join someone elses game and beat final boss' that ISN'T winning at Hardcore mode >.<
Same with the character and levels achievements.

I'm all for boosting but when you want to do it legit and actually play through the game on Hardcore, there's no one there to join. Fuckin' pissin' me off. Trudging through it alone sucks, this game was obviously meant to be played 4 player. But how can that happen when everyone only wants to play final boss and do it the easy way?
Screws the whole game up.

/endrant.
This method of joining another's hardcore game and getting achievement, doesn't work when I tried. I brought a few people in my game and beat it for them and they did not get the achievement. I did it myself on hardcore with Anjali and Lucas.
StopCampinBish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 02:58 PM   #24
ufc fan andy

Andy UFC fan's Gamercard
im near the end at Saint's Solace Jeyne fight part 3 on hardcore and been on it for HOURS! 1 hit (sometimes 2) kills me i can't last more than a minute and can't even take off 25% of her health! I get hit while DODGING , im using reinhart with anjali as my partner and it is really pissing me off! Have not had much trouble until now. Seems to be harder when more people are playing with me which is bad as well. I need TIPS please. Lucas i always thought was crap but a lot of people are using him for hardcore?
ufc fan andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 05:15 PM   #25
Rayfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufc fan andy View Post
I need TIPS please.
Level up more.
Old 08-06-2011, 05:24 PM   #26
ufc fan andy

Andy UFC fan's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayfe View Post
Level up more.
i made it to level 27 , in the GUIDE here on the forums it says the MAX is 27 for this part of the game? Seemed right because i was not getting exp before i started the fight. "and are at the maximum level for the time of 27"
Old 08-06-2011, 05:26 PM   #27
Rayfe

Apologies then. Ummmh best thing to do is get people to join your game. More people the easier it is. I'm online now if you want. GT: RayfeLosstarot. I'm good with Lucas x

I've never known anyone to actually check back on the forums. +1 for that man XD

Last edited by Rayfe; 08-06-2011 at 05:27 PM. Reason: Additional context.
Old 08-06-2011, 05:37 PM   #28
ufc fan andy

Andy UFC fan's Gamercard
i wont be on for maybe 15 hours im in bed about to sleep and will be out all day. I had 2 people join and we died faster than when im alone! But will try anything to beat it at this stage. You know who is the best person to use for hardcore? i might start again and put the points into different things somehow i thought there were 50 levels so everything would get maxed but just saw its 30
Old 08-06-2011, 05:40 PM   #29
Rayfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufc fan andy View Post
i wont be on for maybe 15 hours
15Hours? That's 9am tomorrow for me. Bloody hell. I'll be on in maybe 19hours. I did my first playthrough on Katriana and if you can stay ranged thats probably the best with the rifle. My second (hardcore) playthrough is Lucas (trying for a diff char achievement at the same time) and it's working out good with the sword and shield stance. (block hit hit block) I can help you out. I'm pretty good I guess. I've been solo'ing hardcore and almost got to first boss alone in an hour ;D

All the best,

Rayfe.
Old 08-07-2011, 12:42 AM   #30
MyPetWorm

Elyoh's Gamercard
Once you have maxed out at level 27 for that last boss fight, the best thing you can do is then make sure you have all of the best equipment. My friend and I spent way too long struggling with that fight, then had a thought of making sure I had the best equipment. We both went for the equipment that gave more health, and after spending all our money had pretty much double the health that we had before we went shopping...it made the difference, as we then beat the fight on our second try.

As for the comment of doing it with more people, I have done Hardcore twice, and found it easier by myself than with 4 people. The enemies scale to the amount of players in the game, so it can be easier with 4 people, but they have to all be able to pull their own weight or they will just be making it harder for everyone else

Quote:
Originally Posted by StopCampinBish View Post
This method of joining another's hardcore game and getting achievement, doesn't work when I tried. I brought a few people in my game and beat it for them and they did not get the achievement. I did it myself on hardcore with Anjali and Lucas.
I gave this achievement to a circle of friends a while back, and it worked first try for all of them from memory. It can however be a bit like the rest of the end-game achievements where the don't always work first try.

First in the World to finish Dungeon Siege III
First in the Southern Hemisphere to finish Mass Effect 3, Age of Empires Online and Babel Rising

Writer of the Dungeon Sige III and Babel Rising guides
MyPetWorm is offline   Reply With Quote