Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > L.A. Noire
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-28-2013, 03:05 PM   #1
L4D II JoK3r

L4D II JoK3r's Gamercard
LA noire complete edition DLC question

Just wondering if the DLC is on a disk or does it come with a code to redeem?

Cheers,
JoK3r.

L4D II JoK3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 03:52 PM   #2
Jack Frost

MEETSP1NNER's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   Staff Club - rekikire   Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   Artist of the Month   Community Gaming - Bronze   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by L4D II JoK3r View Post
Just wondering if the DLC is on a disk or does it come with a code to redeem?

Cheers,
JoK3r.
HA! If only...

No, R* pulled kind of a dick move with this one:

In the Complete Edition, the DLC have been integrated back into the story and now are part of the campaign itself. There is no separation between main game and the DLC.

Also, the Complete Edition will not recognize your Vanilla version save, so you will be forced to play the entire game again depending on what DLC you haven't finished. I needed the achievements for Reefer Madness and Nicholson's Electroplating and the latter ends up being the 2nd to last case.

Frankly, there's a sale on L.A. Noire DLC right now, I'd go check that out...
Old 11-19-2013, 07:05 AM   #3
DJ RJester

DJ RJester's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Rajeanero   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 3   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Minty   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff Club - troy0891   Staff Club - TemporalWizard
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Frost View Post
HA! If only...

No, R* pulled kind of a dick move with this one:

In the Complete Edition, the DLC have been integrated back into the story and now are part of the campaign itself. There is no separation between main game and the DLC.

Also, the Complete Edition will not recognize your Vanilla version save, so you will be forced to play the entire game again depending on what DLC you haven't finished. I needed the achievements for Reefer Madness and Nicholson's Electroplating and the latter ends up being the 2nd to last case.

Frankly, there's a sale on L.A. Noire DLC right now, I'd go check that out...
I wish I had checked these forums before hiring out the complete edition, I also hadn't done the DLC for Reefer Madness & Nicholson Electroplating & thought I would save myself some money by hiring out the complete edition.
I really enjoyed the game when I first played it through years ago, I absolutely hated it this time round as it was a real chore to get to 2nd to last mission just to play the Nicholson Electroplating DLC.

Thanks to KillerBEA for this awesome signature

Gamertag = DJ RJester
Please don't send random friend requests without a message.

Game Completion Percentage, only 83.14% 15/04/13, 85.48% 23/09/13, 87.07% 06/04/14
Game Completion Percentage now 88.16% 14/08/14 (still need 327 achievements on previously played games to get to 90%)

100% Completions on all Xbox One Games & apps
DJ RJester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 07:03 PM   #4
bLaKgRaVy

bLaKgRaVy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Minty   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Yeah, and supposedly you have to 5-star the "DLC" cases as well to get "Shamus to the Stars". Before with the regular retail edition you didn't have to, but because they are integrated into the campaign, it changed the requirement for the achievement.
bLaKgRaVy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 09:38 PM   #5
Jack Frost

MEETSP1NNER's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   Staff Club - rekikire   Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   Artist of the Month   Community Gaming - Bronze   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bLaKgRaVy View Post
Yeah, and supposedly you have to 5-star the "DLC" cases as well to get "Shamus to the Stars". Before with the regular retail edition you didn't have to, but because they are integrated into the campaign, it changed the requirement for the achievement.
Pretty lame. Fortunately I already got it from the vanilla version.

However, the other thing this points out is that clearly this "DLC" was actually cut content from the main game sold as add-ons. Any other publisher but R* would get crucified for this.
Old 12-31-2013, 01:03 AM   #6
sm182

Send a message via MSN to sm182

sm182's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Frost View Post
Pretty lame. Fortunately I already got it from the vanilla version.

However, the other thing this points out is that clearly this "DLC" was actually cut content from the main game sold as add-ons. Any other publisher but R* would get crucified for this.
I don't think most people even realize what R* did with this complete edition, this is certainly the first I've heard of it and I was planning on buying it tomorrow :/

I assume all DLC achivements can be attained though.

Latest Retail / Arcade [of 229 / 75]
: WANTED: WEAPONS OF FATE / GALACTIC REIGN

50K GS Dates: 04|02|10 > 13|02|11 > 28|04|12 > 31|01|13
> 08|12|13
sm182 is offline   Reply With Quote