Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Alpha Protocol
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-29-2011, 11:01 AM   #1
True I Skill

The Khaos's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Is it possible to win this game with any skill set? **Possible spoilers?**

I've only won the game once before and that was with a CQC, Assault rifle, & Stealth character. I Went through again a while ago with Uzi's and the shotgun but i found the bosses extremely hard i got to one boss in the Museum and he kicked my ass so many times it felt impossible to beat him.

So is it possible to win the game without the assault rifle or pistol? Or will i always have to take at least one of them through my play through?
Old 05-29-2011, 02:43 PM   #2
RadiantViper

radiantviper's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I did an SMG/Shotgun playthrough once, it was a bit tough but not impossible. With SMGs, you basically have two routes - make them more accurate at the expense of some damage or other stats, or make the more powerful but less accurate. I chose accuracy.

I have also never used assault rifles outside of a few missions on my first playthrough, I found them to be not very useful.

My guess it would be ridiculously tough to try and beat in on Hard without pistols/stealth, enemies kill you quick on that difficulty. But anything lower and you can definitely pull it off.

Just FYI if you didn't know, if you do Taipei before Rome you can get Heck to poison Brayko's coke so it damages him. This reduces the difficulty of a tough boss battle.
RadiantViper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 07:59 PM   #3
True I Skill

The Khaos's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Ah i did not know you could do things like that. Might give it a shot. And start up a hard mode play through just without the badass looking shotgun and Smg's
Old 06-17-2011, 08:49 AM   #4
Chef Stoner

Chef Stoner's Gamercard
I never use the Assault Rifle much either, but it is my favorite weapon to use in the fight against Westridge. What got me through that fight on Hard was using Shadow Operative to immediately run upstairs & take cover behind the metal plating, then just using Focus Aim to cheapshot him to death without ever leaving my cover.

When stealth fails the SMGs are pretty good, despite their lower accuracy, simply because of their rate of fire. You might have to let the enemies get a bit closer, but you can shred them with the SMGs & throttling the trigger to do burst fire seems to help with the accuracy.

Early in the game, the shotgun is ok, but later in the game, body shots do hardly any damage & getting a headshot with the shotty is just too much trouble. The most effective way I've found to use the shotty end-game is to use a critical to knock an enemy down, then stomp them to immediately kill them. When you don't have time to "charge up" criticals, you can use the Room Sweep skill to make every shot an instant critical.