PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Racing > Need for Speed: Carbon
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-15-2010, 10:15 PM   #1
NITEMARECREATOR

NITEMARECREATOR's Gamercard
Question Which EA Moderator still helps??

Please reply to this post with EA moderator's gamertags that are still helping with the cheevo. Also note how long after your first contact with the moderator that you finally got to race them. Thanx.
Old 06-16-2010, 06:18 PM   #2
Doominatorx6

Doominatorx6's Gamercard
It looks like Sniperworks is the only guy left who is doing it. All the others either don't have the game anymore or just don't care.

As for your question, when I got the achievement off him (2 or 3 days ago from today) I noticed he was already playing Carbon, so I just asked if he had a minute. Not to much later we did it and that was that. Real friendly guy, asked for nothing in return.

I would only recommend messaging him IF HE'S ON CARBON. The guy gets nuked with messages from people begging for the achievement, and the more polite and patient you are, the more likelihood he'll help you.

He's only one man, don't expect him to come running to you just so you can get 30G.

UPDATE - Oh, the first time I messaged him was about a week and a half ago. This was just a question of "are you still doing the moderator crap" to which he replied "yes."

1st in the world to finish Monster Madness
2nd in the world to finish Rock of the Dead

Boogers

Last edited by Doominatorx6; 06-16-2010 at 06:21 PM.
Doominatorx6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 08:41 PM   #3
mrbonelly

PHUTURE 909's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
About 5 ppl got it that night(aston06, o ADR Jared o,myself) all by just luck matchmaking, he was quite chill(rough w/English) but seem like an ok guy... again, nothing requested in exchange.
Old 06-17-2010, 01:27 AM   #4
NITEMARECREATOR

NITEMARECREATOR's Gamercard
sniperworks is the only moderator that did respond to my request. He will race you. You just have to ask him NICELY and he will be glad to help.
Old 06-19-2010, 02:03 AM   #5
mrbonelly

PHUTURE 909's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1
Is the Beat an EA Mod achievement a viral achievement now? I've been asked to give up a race by a gamer that heard it was turned into a viral achievement.
Old 06-19-2010, 07:00 PM   #6
Mightymango

Send a message via MSN to Mightymango

MightyMango's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Mightymango   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbonelly View Post
Is the Beat an EA Mod achievement a viral achievement now? I've been asked to give up a race by a gamer that heard it was turned into a viral achievement.
No you still have to beat a moderator.

^^ Updated 9.26.11

FORUM RULES
Read and Follow them

Mightymango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 08:41 PM   #7
xdisturbedx666

xDisturbedx666's Gamercard
terrorfall is another that helps. I dont know if he just started but he and sniperworks were on right now and terrorfall helped me get it and I didnt even need to race him, he just crashed. So if your interested ask him politely or just check every so often to see if hes on playing carbon.

xdisturbedx666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 12:08 PM   #8
Hawaiian

Dexter XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   XBA Representer   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   x360a Representer   A+ Thread Award   Submit - Diamond   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
I have been winning at least 10 races against an EA Mod. today but neither the achievement nor the Reward Card has been unlocked though I tried ranked and unranked races. Is it glitched? Or are there certain requirements (location, race course, cars, number of players, etc.)?
Hawaiian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 03:03 PM   #9
mrbonelly

PHUTURE 909's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiian View Post
I have been winning at least 10 races against an EA Mod. today but neither the achievement nor the Reward Card has been unlocked though I tried ranked and unranked races. Is it glitched? Or are there certain requirements (location, race course, cars, number of players, etc.)?
Any race type if fine, you need to place better than the mod.(means, if 3 players are in the same race, someone can be #1, you can be #2 and the mod place #3), players in #1 and #2 will get both the achievement and the rewards card IF you played a ranked game. You can still get the achievement via unranked, but the card wont unlocked(since it's for ranked)

Also, this is not a viral achievement, so if you are playing someone that won the achievement, but it's not really a mod, then you will NOT get it.

What's the name of the EA Mod? sometimes they change their names, get removed from the EA mod list, etc.
Old 07-19-2010, 04:48 AM   #10
Hawaiian

Dexter XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   XBA Representer   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   x360a Representer   A+ Thread Award   Submit - Diamond   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   1,000 Posts
it was sniperworks. and yes i played ranked games and won and i played unranked games and won, too, but no achievement and no reward card??
Old 07-19-2010, 05:17 AM   #11
Shelton

Tully123's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
The problem is the servers. My group raced about 30 times against Torque (a year or so ago) and it didn't unlock until XP was counting. I kept an eye on it, after every race on the website. When it finally unlocked, the XP counted for that race. Therefore, I recommend you do the XP reset method before racing any mods.
Old 07-19-2010, 10:56 AM   #12
mrbonelly

PHUTURE 909's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelton View Post
The problem is the servers. My group raced about 30 times against Torque (a year or so ago) and it didn't unlock until XP was counting. I kept an eye on it, after every race on the website. When it finally unlocked, the XP counted for that race. Therefore, I recommend you do the XP reset method before racing any mods.
if that doesn't work, try racing legit races online against someone random, my virals didn't unlock properly and had to race other people for them to unlock.
Old 07-19-2010, 11:56 AM   #13
Hawaiian

Dexter XBA's Gamercard

thanks for your infos. what exactly is the xp reset method? and can you give me a link to the website? it's true, sometimes i think my xp wasn't counting but i just recently got the XP23 achievement so it should have worked yesterday. and yesterday i did race against random people before racing against the mod. is it possible that the achievement pops up randomly later in the game? and we haven't tried the method that the mod quits the game - is it worth a try?

Edit: Ah found the website
http://games.ea.com/nfs/carbon/us/pr...layer=Gamertag
but theres nearly everywhere 0 in the statistics, they don't seem to be updated very often...

Last edited by Hawaiian; 07-19-2010 at 02:36 PM.
Old 08-01-2010, 10:47 PM   #14
TiptopChrisy

Send a message via MSN to TiptopChrisy

TiptopChrisy's Gamercard
I've just about given up on this stupid achievement ! Messaged 4 different mods WHILE they were online with a simple 6 word message "You still help people with Carbon ?" and yet not one of them have replyed to me Fair enough they may get bombarded with messages but at least open and read the message instead of being plain ignorant. A simple yes or no reply would suffice !! Sorry if i sound Rude towards them its just thats 4 people and not a single word back from one of them ! It does wind me up lol . I do hope to hear from one of them soon

Last edited by TiptopChrisy; 08-01-2010 at 10:58 PM.
TiptopChrisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 03:02 PM   #15
iiDaRReN316x

i7z iDaRReNx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
What a stupid achievement , requires a mod to boost
Old 12-02-2010, 07:19 PM   #16
SmiddyUK

Final Getsuga's Gamercard
Hey guys wondering what mods are still active? just wondering as the last reply on this thread was a couple of months ago. cheers

"Your powerless friends only serve as weights to break your legs."
"I didn't come here to fight you! I CAME TO VIOLENTLY KILL YOU!"

SmiddyUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 08:02 PM   #17
mrbonelly

PHUTURE 909's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmiddyUK View Post
Hey guys wondering what mods are still active? just wondering as the last reply on this thread was a couple of months ago. cheers
Sniperworks for Carbon - be very patient and you'll get him
El Wray X for Prostreet - only contact him if it's your last online achievement needed(besides racedays)
Old 12-03-2010, 12:14 AM   #18
SmiddyUK

Final Getsuga's Gamercard
Ahh ok cheers i sent a message to sniperworks asking for help and saying there was no rush just whenever hes willing to spare a few minutes so fingers crossed he lends a hand at some point in the future

"Your powerless friends only serve as weights to break your legs."
"I didn't come here to fight you! I CAME TO VIOLENTLY KILL YOU!"

SmiddyUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 02:25 PM   #19
Cobalt Blue

FreakerDelle's Gamercard
Good to know that we just have to be a little patient. I wrote him a message a few days ago and another one the following day to get it more precise. Well I hope that Sniperworks will help us all with the achievement.
Cobalt Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 09:24 PM   #20
CammedZ06

BlkCobra07's Gamercard
Ya I just sent him a message last night. Hopefully he will help us out. I told him I would help him out with another game if he needed it.
CammedZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 08:40 AM   #21
larry69r

EOD Larry69r's Gamercard
Hey mightymango just wondering for the pro street 1 did you mean the ea moderators can still help you get the race day achievement or they can't sorry.
larry69r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 04:11 AM   #22
jcfalcone

jcfalcone's Gamercard
Is there any other mod that helps? I messaged sniperworks 6 months ago and he never replied me.I guess it is time to forget about this.Did anybody get his help recently though?
jcfalcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 10:38 AM   #23
Cobalt Blue

FreakerDelle's Gamercard
I tried to get in contact with him recently a couple of weeks ago and a couple of weeks ago. I even offered him something directly in return for his help but still no answer.
It's really sad the he doesn't answer to our requests. He played Carbon a couple of weeks ago but I missed it. Dunno if he helped someone there but he played it. Of course just at the day when I wasn't looking if he was online...

I also tried to get in contact with another mod called Terrorfall recently but again, nothing. I'm after this since ages and roughly a year ago I actually had a mod that answered me and said he would help but it never came to a race and he stopped answering my messages.

I really don't know why it's such a big deal with these mods in Carbon. Sniperworks even promises to help in his bio but still doesn't seem to do anything. We all know that Carbon is an old game but these guys are still mods and still play it and the servers are still open, so I don't see why they aren't helping us.
Cobalt Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 03:15 AM   #24
CammedZ06

BlkCobra07's Gamercard
I never got any help or even a response at that....Oh well
CammedZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 11:18 AM   #25
Hawaiian

Dexter XBA's Gamercard

Just for your information: The achievement has become unobtainable. Even if you win a race (ranked or unranked) against a (former) moderator now the achievement won't unlock since the moderator-status of all the carbon moderators was disabled.
Old 03-17-2011, 12:59 PM   #26
mrbonelly

PHUTURE 909's Gamercard

Quote:
Just for your information: The achievement has become unobtainable. Even if you win a race (ranked or unranked) against a (former) moderator now the achievement won't unlock since the moderator-status of all the carbon moderators was disabled.

How did you find this out?
Old 03-18-2011, 05:42 PM   #27
dylan0228

dylan021706's Gamercard
Yeah, it has just been obtained within the last week or so. I have a hard time believing that.

Last edited by dylan0228; 03-18-2011 at 07:42 PM.
dylan0228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 12:07 PM   #28
Sniperworks

sniperworks's Gamercard
He Guys,

IT's me Sniperworks.

Thanks for the nice words.

But sadly Microsoft wasn't so nice because they gave me a permanent ban for XBL.
because they said that I wanted money for it or anything.
I did say in my Bio that I wanted something in return, that could be help with a other game, or a gift (and by gift I meant a ingame gift, like a car in Forza 3 or something, but I didn't say that in the bio itself)

I reality I hardly ever wanted something for it, the fact that people where really happy was enough, only times I got something was when people themselves offered doing it.

but clearly some people that didn't like the way I responded (or not respond at all) reported me to MS.

I would have loved to help a lot of people but simply I don't have the time for it and well it's still a 4 YO game, so there are newer gamers I like to play.

I did became pretty selective with the replies, simply because well sometimes there where just to many. and I picked the guys/gals that I felt like really wanted it (bases on game progress, because well if you didn't even finish the careermode, and are xp level 3, you are not going for it 100%) and if the person "looked" friendly and polite I would answer them.

And that did p*ss people off, and they got rude and stuff, so I blocked them.

But all that is now becoming useless and out of date.
Because well , the sniperworks account is no more.

So I got the feeling the carbon mod achievement is now officially no more.

Quote:
That is not entirely true, 2 days ago I did play (my last moderator game) Carbon and it worked the first try, so the achievement still works.

So if there is a other moderator.... it might still work for you guys.

Good luck with it!!

Gr,

Sniperworks
Sniperworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 02:31 PM   #29
ALL4WON

ALL4WON's Gamercard
darn, i was just starting to get good online and was ready to find a moderator, but if sniper doesn't play, which other moderator still plays carbon on rare occurrences?

ALL4WON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 07:06 PM   #30
boldyno1

boldyno1's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Sorry to hear that sniperworks, I'm sure you helped enough ppl. Shame I probably never get this now