PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Assassin's Creed: Revelations
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-01-2011, 09:30 PM   #1
Foreman5707

Foreman5707's Gamercard
Lightbulb What is next after AC: Revelations???

So here are my thoughts on the Assassins Creed Games so far:

The following bit is taken from an interview at this link: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featur...-director.aspx

"Alexandre Amancio shares his thoughts on storytelling, gameplay, and how Revelations will set the stage for Assassin's Creed III. "

"In the second of our interviews, Amancio details Ubisoft's storytelling strategy with Assassin's Creed. What makes it a numbered entry or not? What can we expect in Assassin's Creed III?"

"[In Revelations] We are going to conclude the Ezio and Altair Storyline."

"The Number[of the game] signifies the character. ACI was about Altair, ACII and all the other chapters were about Ezio, and ACIII will be about another character."

"Due to Ezio's importance, it was always a trilogy"

-End of Quotes-

Amancio talks about how Revelations will set the stage for Assassins Creed III. He also said how each number signifies a character. So,

Assassins Creed I: Altair
Assassins Creed II: Ezio
AC: Brotherhood: Ezio
AC: Revelations: Ezio
Assassins Creed III: ???

Who would this character in AC:III be? I know Amancio talks about closing a lot of the plot lines and giving most of the answers in Revelations, but he also says how it will be leading up to AC:III

I believe that the main Character for Assassins Creed III will be none other than...

Desmond Miles

Wait one minute, I thought Revelations was finishing up that storyline? Amancio says in his interview that Revelations will finish up Altair and Ezio's stories, but he doesnt mention Desmond.

He also mentions how the franchise is reaching its ending with the approaching 2012 date. Revelations is set to come out in 2011, and the whole "end of the world" date isnt until December 21, 2012. So they still have a solid year before that date.

In AC:II, Minerva speaks to Desmond, saying that he has to find the temples and hopefully avoid another destructive force and save the world. For Revelations, Desmond is in a coma, and Lucy's fate in undetermined, Now there are also new current day Assassins aiding Desmond and company hopefully trying to get Desmond to regain is right state of mind.

Amancio said that Ezio was always a trilogy, with means that Revelations is that final chapter, leaving little to no room for Desmond to save the world(unless of course, its super easy, which I doubt)

These are my thoughts on the Assassins Creed series so far, and what I think is next to come. It would make sense for Desmond to be the main character of AC:III since that would tie nicely with Altair and Ezio being AC:I and AC:II respectively.

Please leave your comments and arguments, for I would gladly like to hear what you think. However, if you are going to call me a liar, please come up with some good counter argument that actually hits at intellectual life.
Foreman5707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 09:42 PM   #2
Atanatos

atanatos's Gamercard
I thought the same thing when i read about Assassin's Creed III having something to do with the 2012 bs. And after all this running around in the middle ages, I wouldn't mind jumping about with Desmond (:
I wouldn't be surprised if we get to play some other ancestor though. I don't really think Assassin's creed III will be the last assassin's game to come out of ubisoft. And to play 1, 2 or even more chapters just with desmond could be meh...

Add me! Do it. Do it now! Or not. You know. Free will and all that... But if you do wish to add me, not saying you should, mind you, GT: Atanatos

Last edited by Atanatos; 06-01-2011 at 09:45 PM.
Atanatos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 10:13 PM   #3
T4S3V

T4S3V's Gamercard
I believe AC III will be Desmond. They will probably do other assassin's stories after the trilogy. They might make it without the animus, so you are actually playing as the characters. This way they can have greater diversity as to the setting and story lines.
T4S3V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 09:16 AM   #4
HorsemanOfWar16

Lord Jimbobalot's Gamercard
I love the whole concept of going in the animus and revisiting your ancestors footsteps ! -That's what makes assassin's creed assassin's creed to me! -
So if no.3 will be Desmond in the present, I think it will lack an assassin's creed spin on it. However that being said if that means wrapping the story up , so we can have other spin off adventures with other characters then I'm fine with that.

I cant see them introducing a new character now though (In 3), I like the whole set up three games, (excluding Ezio's trilogy, within a trilogy) three hero's, so I assume we are gonna have to wait to find out, but either way ubisoft go with the story I look forward to it

- I do however hope after 3 has been and done, that they will do several games from other characters in the same situation as Desmond.
Japan being a Ninja is the one I want! - It all fit's so well. Samurai as Templars (Bad Dudes). Plus the architecture would be absolutely beautiful to integrate into a game.

Currently Awaiting: ME: Shadow of Mordor, Destiny, AC: Unity, Batman: Arkham Knight, Halo V, Tc: The Division, Tc: Siege

1000/1000: Mark of the Ninja, Dead Space 1+ 2, GoW 1+2, Darksiders, Batman: AA, Assassin's Creed 1+2+ Brotherhood, Fallout 3, Fallout:NV , COD 2 - MW 1+2 - WaW, Halo:ODST - Reach, Battlefield:BC2 - 1943, Left 4 Dead 1+2.
HorsemanOfWar16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 11:45 AM   #5
starmonday

starmonday's Gamercard
I think in Revelations Desmond will be getting his sanity back through the black room and start to control and use the bleeding effect. in AC:II we saw how he relived Altairs memories without the animus, and I think in III he will search for the temples by going through the memories of multiple asssassins without animus.
For example an egyptian assassin who will have about the same time in the game as one memory sequence in AC:B, and a City that is as big as Florence. Lets say 4 different assassins and 5 Desmond sequences, that would make 9, as much as they had in Brotherhood. Also in II the were Florence, Venice, Forli and San Gimingiano, so multiple cities wouldnt be a problem.

Last edited by starmonday; 06-06-2011 at 11:47 AM.
starmonday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 06:58 PM   #6
The Red Russian

The Red Russian's Gamercard
the whole series was meant to be a trilogy, or just Ezio's games?

regardless, Revelations should have a good-sized story and I think ACIII will sum it up pretty well... american rev? french rev? autocratic russia?
The Red Russian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 07:42 PM   #7
EMP

MaGiC MaN TJ's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Probably the game will focus more on Desmond when he is out of the Animus.

→The Xbox One is freakin Awesome ←
All generalizations are false, including this one.
~ Xbox One | Day One ~
EMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 08:30 PM   #8
Outline

Send a message via Skype™ to Outline

Abylities's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Desmond out of the Animus has been screaming to happen since the opening sequence of 1.

Definitely seems that they're bringing the struggle between the factions to modern times.
Stoked.
Old 07-08-2011, 04:16 PM   #9
theNomad

PureNomad's Gamercard
I know we've had the pretty good game Saboteur but what about something like Desmond's grandfather as a nazi assassin during WW1 loads of scope for a story but is that too modern for a Creed game ?

What about sending us right right back to Sumerian times or is that too early for a Creed game ? you could have a field day with the notion that for some reason it seemed the Earth had a global community that died out before our history books started being penned. Having the hero jump around early Incas, Egyptians, Druids piecing together why around the globe the same style of structures and artefacts were being built without a means to travel between and share knowledge with each other. Early man could have had its own form of Animus.
theNomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 04:18 AM   #10
halorvb13

Sigma 1313's Gamercard
Actually, I believe that Desmond will be a main character, but he will also, obviously, be spending time in the animus. So, it will probably be during, industrial revolution england, french revolution france, rasputens rule in russia (it mentions he once had a piece of eden), or maybe China or Japan.
halorvb13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 11:45 PM   #11
Foreman5707

Foreman5707's Gamercard
[QUOTE=The Red Russian;4336760]the whole series was meant to be a trilogy, or just Ezio's games?

Ezio was a trilogy because of the depth and impact of that character.
Old 07-14-2011, 12:32 AM   #12
bblcreator8790

bblcreator8790's Gamercard

The main story of Assassin's Creed has always been about Desmond, but the selling points of the series have been the Assassin's you play as, Altair and Ezio. Obviously Assassin's Creed III is next after Revelations. The primary question is what are they going to do with it. The three possibilities (IMO) are:

1. You play primarily as Desmond with little or no playtime as one or more of his ancestors (This has not been done yet in the series).

2. You play as both Desmond (more than in previous games) and one or more of his ancestors about equally (The series has been steadily moving towards this).

3. You play primarily as one of Desmond's ancestors, and only a bit as Desmond (as the rest of the games have been).

If I had to guess, it will either be 1 or 2. The primary story arc of the Assassin's Creed series focuses around Desmond and his quest to stop the Templars from launching their satellite on December 21, 2012, and preventing the sun from flaring up and destroying the earth in the process. If this is going to get done in Assassin's Creed III (I'm assuming they will end the main story arc there to fit in with the 2012 theme) then Desmond is going to have to take more of a lead in the next game after Revelations. Perhaps you will infiltrate a town or city or cities taken over by Abstergo and will try to mess up their plans/find a hidden temple. I'm already looking forward to Assassin's Creed III more than Revelations probably just because of the new possibilities. I will enjoy playing as Ezio/Altair again though.
bblcreator8790 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 08:58 PM   #13
Grifter Reborn

Send a message via Skype™ to Grifter Reborn

Grifter x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   x360a Representer   Road Map - Bronze   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
While all of the ideas discussed so far are very interesting and sounds enjoyable, I'd have to go with the "main-Desmond, multiple-assassins" idea as my personal favorite. Of course there's a couple of things on the horizon with both Revelations and ACIII.

*Spoilers*

The whole Desmond attacking Lucy could be put in perspective via the comic books that were released. One of the two is a traitor, but both was completely unaware up to that point. (Abstergo has some serious talent to pull that off!) I'm sure this will have to be addressed in some degree in Revelations. Also, one of the settings for III would certainly have to be Japan as it's been the most talked about locale since the first game.

Just my 2 cents...
Grifter Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 08:26 PM   #14
Axel 360

axelquatripolar's Gamercard
Iīll hate a 100% game of Desmond. I like he been there, but not taking full game. Modern time games are all over, why scrub this saga that way???

And besides, we still donīt know how Ezio bloodline gets to America, and Iīm sure thatīs something we will be told about.

At least my money is on 2 assassins more as minimun. One in a time near World War 1 and another one been on World War 2, been this last one the one that moves to America. Or perhaps in WW1 is when the bloodline moves to america and then the second assassin been on a Western scenario.

Assassinīs Creed 3 the end??? I hope this is just fans theories, because I think this game can go on for a few numbers more, and of course, more assassins set in past times. I mean 1500 to 2000 and no game in between, cīmon, thatīs just crazy considering all of the historical events that takes part on that time on europe.

And those who talk about Japan...How will that makes sense??? Considering how much racist japanese people are (I assure you most of them are, they all say we no asiatic people smell like shit among other things) you really think in an italian guy married a Japanese woman and a Japanese assassins will be in the franchise????? Yeah, because christian crusaders were something usual in asiatic countries

Stop talking nerd stuff and think real. This is a historical events game, and will most probable be set on European scenarios and some American ones with Desmond and ending the saga.
Axel 360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 02:34 AM   #15
DEG23
Waiting for 1989

DEG23 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Donator - Level 5   CABS Beta Tester   Staff - Moderator   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Rajeanero   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Staff Club - Shinobi273
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axel 360 View Post
And besides, we still donīt know how Ezio bloodline gets to America, and Iīm sure thatīs something we will be told about.
This is something that has a lot of potential, i wouldn't mind seeing a early-revolutionary war setting, this could mean that the main character could still rely on hidden blades, and hand to hand weapons as guns were still in their infancy back then.

Considering the historical timeline Ubisoft has painted with the Subject 16 memories, they have left so many possibilities open.

-All that industrial revolution hints about Edison/Henry Ford and Enrico Fermi, might make and intersting early 20th Century setting

-It was rumored in AC2 that Assassins might have been the ones that killed Hitler after he went off the reservation and ignored the templars. Not sure how a WWII setting would play out.

But looking at the timeline
AC1 Medieval
AC2 (Ezio trilogy) Renaissance
I would think that the next step would be the start of the industrial/technology stage of humanity eg 19th-20th century
DEG23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 03:01 AM   #16
Axel 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEG23 View Post
This is something that has a lot of potential, i wouldn't mind seeing a early-revolutionary war setting, this could mean that the main character could still rely on hidden blades, and hand to hand weapons as guns were still in their infancy back then.

Considering the historical timeline Ubisoft has painted with the Subject 16 memories, they have left so many possibilities open.

-All that industrial revolution hints about Edison/Henry Ford and Enrico Fermi, might make and intersting early 20th Century setting

-It was rumored in AC2 that Assassins might have been the ones that killed Hitler after he went off the reservation and ignored the templars. Not sure how a WWII setting would play out.

But looking at the timeline
AC1 Medieval
AC2 (Ezio trilogy) Renaissance
I would think that the next step would be the start of the industrial/technology stage of humanity eg 19th-20th century

Really good point. I support 19th-20th century assassins creed.
Old 07-31-2011, 04:29 PM   #17
US07

Usman S's Gamercard
I don't care when it's set as long as it is as awesome as the current games I will buy it.

US07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 11:13 PM   #18
KrisKros

AquaAmoeba's Gamercard
I recon ACIII will be mainly about Desmond, but for future AC episodes, I think/hope there shuld b an assassin in Nazi Germany, Stalin's Russia/Russian Revolution, Ancient Egypt, Ancient Japan (Ninja's/Samurai's), French Revolution, Holy Roman Empire (but we have already had Ezio for Italy) and WWI/WW2. But thats just my opinion.
KrisKros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 04:03 AM   #19
SpztcSqrl

SpztcSqrl's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisKros View Post
I recon ACIII will be mainly about Desmond, but for future AC episodes, I think/hope there shuld b an assassin in Nazi Germany, Stalin's Russia/Russian Revolution, Ancient Egypt, Ancient Japan (Ninja's/Samurai's), French Revolution, Holy Roman Empire (but we have already had Ezio for Italy) and WWI/WW2. But thats just my opinion.
i belive ACIIIs main character will be Desmond but at the end of Brotherhood, it specifically said something about a "perfect child"
SpztcSqrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 12:11 AM   #20
aclover

x864x GANGSTA87's Gamercard
I like the idea of the french revolution. the storyline would have to be someting like caterina sforza bearing ezio's child (from the beginnig of brotherhood) and when she left rome she went into exile all the while she was pregnant. The game skipps many generations but starts in the battle of yorktown in the revoluntionary war where the assassin was a french sailor. when he returns home he finds sforza's diary and reads all about the assassins... and ezio. So he sets out to follow in ezio's footsteps. At the end of the game i think it should be about napoleon's rise to power. whether or not the assassin's are trying to stop him from power is up to ubisoft's awesome imagination.
aclover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 05:18 AM   #21
DEG23
Waiting for 1989

DEG23 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Donator - Level 5   CABS Beta Tester   Staff - Moderator   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Rajeanero   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Staff Club - Shinobi273
Quote:
Originally Posted by aclover View Post
I like the idea of the french revolution. the storyline would have to be someting like caterina sforza bearing ezio's child (from the beginnig of brotherhood) and when she left rome she went into exile all the while she was pregnant. The game skipps many generations but starts in the battle of yorktown in the revoluntionary war where the assassin was a french sailor. when he returns home he finds sforza's diary and reads all about the assassins... and ezio. So he sets out to follow in ezio's footsteps. At the end of the game i think it should be about napoleon's rise to power. whether or not the assassin's are trying to stop him from power is up to ubisoft's awesome imagination.
As cool as that sounds, i don't think i could handle being a badass assassin running around france in man leggings and a big white wig, lol
Old 08-22-2011, 11:18 PM   #22
aclover

x864x GANGSTA87's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEG23 View Post
As cool as that sounds, i don't think i could handle being a badass assassin running around france in man leggings and a big white wig, lol
Yeah your probably right. But there isn't much to do in the american revolution exceptspie on the british army, cause distractions ect. I don't think there would be enough assassinating. They're definatly not going to russia, japan you would have to switch over to someone else out of the animus and they've already implied that they won't do that. And last the WWII idea is too close to modern times for them to do that right now, mabye after ACIII will be a good time for it. unless ACIV is all desmond wich i wouldn't like as much as the other creed games.
aclover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 11:33 PM   #23
carlthepenguin7

carlthepenguin7's Gamercard
In one of the assassins creed comics there is an assassin in 18th or 19th century Russia so assassins creed 3 could be about him or an assassin during the American civil war because at the end of ac2 Ezio finds that the piece of Eden they are looking for is in America
carlthepenguin7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 12:16 AM   #24
kennyubasterd00

KennyUbasterd00's Gamercard

My guess:
Pre-Altiar story: 10%
post-Alt. pre-present: 35%
present: 54%
someone looking backwards through an animus into Desmonds life: priceless... err... 1%
"MineCraft = low budget Skyrim."
kennyubasterd00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 01:09 AM   #25
DEG23
Waiting for 1989

DEG23 x360a's Gamercard

I can't see Ubisoft doing a Desmond centred game, mainly because what makes the Assassins creed franchise stand out from other, assassin/history based games is the idea around the animus. Ubisoft have created this machine that essentially allows us to view any period of time and create a world based around that time period. If they were to do a Desmond only game, there would be no animus and what you would be left with is a generic 'near future' action/adventure title.

If anyone where to ask you what the assassins creed games are about you would tell them, "well it about this badass assassin from long ago who...etc" i doubt you would say "It's about this 20 something year old bartender who spends his days sleeping in a MRI-type machine and makes friends with that girl from Veronica Mars""
Old 08-23-2011, 03:29 AM   #26
Maiyku

maiyku's Gamercard
I love what Ubisoft has done so far, and they've made a really unique experience. With the Animus they are able to go to virtually ANY place during any time period.

So Ubisoft, please give me another place and another time period and maintain the level of quality that has been present so far and I'll be a happy person.

Arcade 100% - Plants vs. Zombies, Minecraft

Currently Playing: Dead Space 3, Far Cry 3, Sleeping Dogs
Maiyku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 06:09 PM   #27
Axel 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlthepenguin7 View Post
In one of the assassins creed comics there is an assassin in 18th or 19th century Russia so assassins creed 3 could be about him or an assassin during the American civil war because at the end of ac2 Ezio finds that the piece of Eden they are looking for is in America
I donīt see that story into a game, mainly because the character is actually working for Abstergo 100%, and his story as been already been told somehow.

BUT, it will be awesome to play a previous Desmond character on the animus working for Abstergo and help them instead of trying to cheat them. If instead of what I think they will do and focus and what I want, I badly want to have a game on the saga where you play a Templar instead of Assassin, maybe Subject 1, going back to First World War where Abstergo knows last location of any artifact and there find out about the story of this ones and eventually about Altair and Ezzio. Also, in about 15 years or so, a game playing as Subject 16 when he was Desmond, but instead of synchronize heīs more worried about hiding his clues all over the animus, so he hacks the system (playing as him in "present" on Abstergoīs offices) and he puts his clues all over history, using avatars of the most cool assassins we have play so far and a more complex plot about him going crazy and the bleeding effect fucking up his brain as he use more and more the animus.

But this is my fan-boy persona talking and not being racional. Oh, one man can dream
Old 08-26-2011, 07:41 PM   #28
SEVEN X RIPPER

BUSHMAS73R's Gamercard
Yeah

How could you be called a liar? It's your theory. But you would know that, 'hitting at intellectual life' and all.
SEVEN X RIPPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 02:24 AM   #29
Foreman5707

Foreman5707's Gamercard
Thanks to all!

I never expected this thread to get so much attention, but I am glad it did!

Let's keep thinking of different ideas. I still think AC:III will feature Desmond in 2012 trying to save the world, but I like some of the other ideas as well!

Remember: Nothing is true, Everything is permitted.
Old 08-29-2011, 07:23 PM   #30
outof36

outof36's Gamercard
I think the industrial revolution in England would work well, you'd have templars trying to harness technology to control the world, many corrupt people to assassinate such as Jack the ripper.
And even people to help in a DaVinci kind of way such as Brunel.
outof36 is offline   Reply With Quote