PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Sports and Fitness > Madden NFL 11
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-03-2011, 08:28 PM   #1
nlions88

nlions88's Gamercard
Easy Way To Get Madden Moments Achievement

I beat this on my second try, you just have to mess around with some settings and then this is a very easy achievement.

First you need to jack up the Colts offense. I traded Joseph Addai for Adrian Peterson (in this game he is still considered better than Chris Johnson so just go with it). Then I traded 2 of their receivers that weren't as good (Piere Garcon and Austin Collie I think?) for Roddy White (Falcons) and Desean Jackson (Eagles). Both these guys are really fast receivers and will make your life so much easier.

Then go into the Saints Depth Chart and switch out EVERYONE to the worst player possible. The only one you NEED to keep there is Drew Brees. But especially make sure that you switch out all of their CBs, FS, and SS with really bad players. The default lowest back-ups for CB are all wide-receivers, so do that. Then switch out all of their WRs for CBs, basically your just flip-flopping them. Also make sure you switch out their HB and both their offensive and defensive lines with worse players, it just makes things easier. Once again before you start make sure Drew Brees is still the starting QB.

Now start the Madden Moment. Score on the first play. Kick the PAT. Do a regular kickoff and tackle them. First play they will do a run. Stop them
before the first down. Use a timeout. Next play call a FG Block. When
Drew Brees sees this he will audible into a pass. Remember though, all of
his WRs are actually just crappy dumbed down CBs, so its easy to guarantee an incomplete pass. Now on 3rd down call FG Block again, and he will audible yet again. For me it turned into a run, some people say it is a pass, so I guess it could be either. If its pass, you'll end up with an incompletion. If its a run, stop it and use your last timeout. They will then punt to you.

When I recovered the punt I had no timeouts, 0:22 left, and was on my own 28 yard line. But remember, all of their CBs are WRs that can't cover anybody. So just call a deep pass play and throw it to Roddy White or Desean Jackson (have them run streaks). Score again, kick the PAT.

You'll go into overtime. If the Saints get the ball first, you know how to
stop them by now. If you get it first, well, you know how easy it is to score on these "CBs" by now. Easy win. Also, you can prevent having to go into OT if you do a 2-point conversion one of the times, but the PAT is the "safe" route but it's really up to you.

This is probably the most challenging achievement in the game, hopefully you guys find this helpful.

100%:
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
The Walking Dead
nlions88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 11:45 PM   #2
griffinwright

griffinwright's Gamercard
Wow

I wish I had seen this before I got rid of the game. I can't tell you how many times I tried to beat it and just got angry.
griffinwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 07:38 PM   #3
DborKnowsBest

DborKnowsBest's Gamercard
Thanks for the tips. I traded out all my WR for top players and lowered all drew brees player ratings to 12 and the rest of the Saints team' speed ratings to 12 and it was easy with calling the FG method.
DborKnowsBest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 10:57 AM   #4
Its Effing Dan

SimulatedSmile's Gamercard
Can you simply go in and beat the Super Bowl oriented ones, or do you have to complete all 40+ moments to get this?
Its Effing Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 04:00 PM   #5
upindat

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
YOU ARE THE MAN!!!Thanks a million. Got this on the first try using your method. Also got lucky with a few catches but this helped out big time!!!
Old 09-20-2011, 01:48 AM   #6
newbsicle

zymotic's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
HA! I won 46 to 31 with a fumble, interception, fumble all back to back.
newbsicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 03:05 AM   #7
NoEffects6

NoEffects6's Gamercard
Awesome job. This should be added to the guide... worked perfectly!
NoEffects6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 05:09 AM   #8
DragonsGoMOO

dragonsgomoo's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I can't beat this. Where is FG Block???

And every time I stop their first run, I call time out, and then they only knee it, and I can't fucking win.

Edit:Fuck all of you. I just got it. I got my onside kick. I ram through. Touchdown. PAT. Stopped their first down. Fumbled them. Won. Freaking hell.
So glad to be done with this!

Last edited by DragonsGoMOO; 11-20-2011 at 05:15 AM.
DragonsGoMOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 10:37 PM   #9
Bl00dyMurd3r

U5S's Gamercard
Still a lot of effort for 100 points but I suppose I'll go for it
Bl00dyMurd3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 10:03 PM   #10
GreyIC

greyic's Gamercard
This worked well for me. I actually made the mistake of laying off the FG Block on subsequent downs. DON'T!

I had time for two plays after the punt. Trips left with Reggie Wayne at the inside slot running the post route. Long completion, hurry to the line, long completion, TD.
GreyIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 05:10 PM   #11
THE DEADLY DOG
Maximum Clubs Guide Dog

Send a message via AIM to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via MSN to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via Skype™ to THE DEADLY DOG

THE DEADLY DOG's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Submit - Diamond   Community Gaming - Bronze   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Staff - Maximum Clubs Director   Micro Guide - Gold   Subscriber - Bronze   Staff Club - * Clueless *
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
*Sigh*

So many tries so many different ways still no success. =x

Ffs.. as soon as I type this lucky fumble 2 play deep bomb.

Last edited by THE DEADLY DOG; 10-11-2012 at 05:14 PM.
THE DEADLY DOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 12:49 AM   #12
Footballman50

Footballman50's Gamercard
It worked for me
Footballman50 is offline   Reply With Quote