PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-06-2011, 11:27 AM   #1
Walecs360

walecs360's Gamercard
Achievement Discussion

Discuss the achievements here. List is found HERE.

Last edited by Method; 01-27-2012 at 01:21 PM.
Walecs360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 02:26 PM   #2
Mr Arrow

Mr Arrow's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Gold   Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
The only thing I know is that there will be NO multiplayer achievements.

I'm super psych'd for this game.
Mr Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 12:52 PM   #3
Walecs360

walecs360's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Arrow View Post
The only thing I know is that there will be NO multiplayer achievements.

I'm super psych'd for this game.
How do you know that? Wait... isn't there multiplayer in the game? Oh, well... most of the time multiplayer sucks.

Last edited by Walecs360; 08-20-2011 at 04:26 PM.
Walecs360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 04:42 AM   #4
Mr Arrow

Mr Arrow's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Gold   Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walecs360 View Post
How do you know that? ...
I know someone who's working on the game.
Mr Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 05:01 PM   #5
LegendaryMarvel

legendarymarvel's Gamercard
I think the achievement list looks nice. I cannot wait to get my hands on this game.
Old 12-18-2011, 07:18 PM   #6
k1ll1ng5pr33

Pretty easy and solid list. It's going to take a while to obtain them all though. Love it!

PST.org: Vuule My Trophies Sig&Ava by RED_REBEL44
Check out my YouTube for Trophy/Achievement Guides and More!
Old 12-19-2011, 12:20 PM   #7
Darth Bambrox

Darth Bambrox's Gamercard
List doesnt look too difficult, maybe a few time consuming ones but should be a nice round 1000g from this one, really looking forward to release now, just in time for my birthday, Hope my girlfriend is reading this
Old 12-21-2011, 11:09 AM   #8
Hansathan

Hansathan's Gamercard
Solid list! Looks like playing as the assassin/rogue destiny (as I planned) will earn some early cheevos! (planting traps, pickpocketing, etc.) Really excited for this.

Hans(nickname) + Jonathan("real" name) = Hansathan
Hansathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 07:44 PM   #9
I X I Shock I

I X I Shock I's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Bambrox View Post
List doesnt look too difficult, maybe a few time consuming ones but should be a nice round 1000g from this one, really looking forward to release now, just in time for my birthday, Hope my girlfriend is reading this
Lol, this game comes out on my girlfriends birthday, unfortunately I had already promised her that I would do something for her this time, with minimal gaming

Gamerscore:
25000 ~ 'Principessa in Another Castello', Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, 02/13/11
50000 ~
'One of the Bros', FIFA 13, 11/6/12
75000 ~
'My Generation', Titanfall, 03/29/14
I X I Shock I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 01:33 AM   #10
jamesjiao

deutschzuid's Gamercard
Nice list. Looks achievable.
jamesjiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 05:15 PM   #11
DecadentBeaver

DecadentBeaver's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
A couple of similar achievements to Skyrim. Not a bad thing though. Iam "Reckoning" that I'll be able to get the 1000g on it, but, as with Skyrim I'll take my time with it. Love RPG gaming, and from what I've seen so far, I will enjoy it. Now, where to get the money from. My birthday aint for 4 months after release.

Looking for people to join me in an epic Minecraft build once again. Its in creative, so if you are interested, message me for details.
DecadentBeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 03:24 PM   #12
Hansathan

Hansathan's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DecadentBeaver View Post
A couple of similar achievements to Skyrim. Not a bad thing though. Iam "Reckoning" that I'll be able to get the 1000g on it, but, as with Skyrim I'll take my time with it. Love RPG gaming, and from what I've seen so far, I will enjoy it. Now, where to get the money from. My birthday aint for 4 months after release.
Hahahahaha Great pun! I thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm sure you can find a way to scrounge up $60 in a month'a time.

Hans(nickname) + Jonathan("real" name) = Hansathan
Hansathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 11:42 PM   #13
snake2410

On the official forum one of the lead designers hinted that one or more of the hidden achievements might difficulty related.

http://forums.reckoning.amalur.com/s...6156#post16156
snake2410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 05:10 AM   #14
Megis Eldurin

Megis Eldurin's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by snake2410 View Post
On the official forum one of the lead designers hinted that one or more of the hidden achievements might difficulty related.

http://forums.reckoning.amalur.com/s...6156#post16156
Was already able to tell that from the first 7 icons at the bottom of the overview page.
And if I'm not mistaking, one of them has you beating the last boss in your underpants.
Old 01-26-2012, 10:44 AM   #15
Hawaiian

Dexter XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   XBA Representer   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   x360a Representer   A+ Thread Award   Submit - Diamond   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Here are the secret achievements:

Reborn
You were reborn from the Well of Souls, and have escaped Allestar Tower.

No Destiny, All Determination
You have met High King Titarion, and have been confronted with the true scope of your powers.

Streaker
You spoke to someone while not wearing clothes.

Turning the Tide
A ruse has baited Octienne into betraying the necromantic nature of his experiments.

Destiny Defiant
You have defeated Tirnoch, and defied destiny.

Hero of Mel Senshir
You have defeated the great Balor.

Destiny Dominated
You have won the game on Hard difficulty.

Hawaiian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 07:10 PM   #16
Kraderic
Banned User

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
The streaker achievement is misleading. I believe boxer briefs count as a piece of clothing.
Kraderic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 09:29 AM   #17
Jimcp88

Jimcp88's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraderic View Post
The streaker achievement is misleading. I believe boxer briefs count as a piece of clothing.
haha exactly my thoughts.

on topic though. how hard will a hard play true be? will some or all stats carry over if you start a second play true? for example in darksiders you could not carry over all you skills and weapons but if you completed your armour that would stay. also if you play on a higher difficulty will the game give you better items in treasure chests and stuff or is it just random no mather what difficulty you play on.

also I am kind of dissapointed there is no multiplayer option. I hate achievements for it like in fable 3 but i would like to quest together with some friends or trade items.
Old 02-01-2012, 09:13 PM   #18
yevinorion

Dirty Machete's Gamercard
I'm wondering how difficult Hard will be as well. I definitely want all the achievements, but I don't think this is the sort of game I'd want to play twice with it being so sprawling and extensive. Most likely I'll just have to fire up Hard from the beginning and go with it.

My only fear with that is if it makes certain builds ineffective so I end up having to play a specific build just to be able to get through it on Hard.
yevinorion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 09:28 PM   #19
Method

Method x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   x360a Representer   Road Map - Emerald   PAX Meet 2010   Achievement Guide - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Gold   1,000 Posts   Member of the Month   A+ Thread Award   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 13 (more» ...)
I think the achievement for beating the game on hard will depend on a few things:
  • What's the save system like? Is it user friendly or will save opportunities be scarce?
  • Do enemies respawn? I'd like to think so as I think the main thing Hard will require is some grinding to max your level and find the best gear to survive the final battles.
  • What effect does dying have on your character. In the demo you could just resurrect for no penalty. In the real game is there a resurrect function? If so will there be an XP penalty of some sort? Without any penalty for dying then it won't matter what mode you're playing on.

Method is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 12:24 AM   #20
JONBLEACH

Bleach x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Method View Post
I think the achievement for beating the game on hard will depend on a few things:
  • What's the save system like? Is it user friendly or will save opportunities be scarce?
  • Do enemies respawn? I'd like to think so as I think the main thing Hard will require is some grinding to max your level and find the best gear to survive the final battles.
  • What effect does dying have on your character. In the demo you could just resurrect for no penalty. In the real game is there a resurrect function? If so will there be an XP penalty of some sort? Without any penalty for dying then it won't matter what mode you're playing on.
My question aswell.
I dont really like RPG games to have difficulty level achievements.
I died like 4-5 times in the demo on this one boss cause he kept hitting me and i cudnt even land any hits on him. Eventually he died but still it was like fighting someone in street fighter and all they use is that 1 cheap ass attack and you cant land a hit on them.
Gamertag: Bleach x360a
JONBLEACH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 04:57 PM   #21
yevinorion

I agree JONBLEACH, difficulty achievements in RPGs are weak.

I was listening to Jeff on the Giant Bombcast talk about this game and he said the save system is basically hard saves, anytime and anywhere. He mentioned an auto-save system as well, but said it seemed unreliable and anytime he died it ended up loading his last hard save.

I guess too it will come down to how the equipment and abilities scale to the difficulty. If it's tough early on, but by the time you get maxed out you are decimating enemies, then I suppose it won't matter.

I think the devs said something about that respawn system not being in the final game, although I don't know what would be replacing it or how death is actually handled.
Old 02-02-2012, 06:01 PM   #22
Method

Method x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   x360a Representer   Road Map - Emerald   PAX Meet 2010   Achievement Guide - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Gold   1,000 Posts   Member of the Month   A+ Thread Award   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth
After a little more reading it seems the respawn feature is a demo only feature. It was implemented because there was no save feature in the demo. In the actual game, if you die, you will be given the option to load a previous save or quit.

EDIT: Also, normal enemies do respond after 2-3 in game days. "Elite" enemies and bosses don't respawn. The time ratio for actual time to in game time is 1:30

Last edited by Method; 02-02-2012 at 08:30 PM.
Old 02-02-2012, 06:45 PM   #23
SacredGamer

Yes it was confirmed to be a demo only feature.
SacredGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 09:07 PM   #24
TransonicPower

JJ Diamondz's Gamercard
Anyone know if hard is option from the beginning? Or is it like many other games that beat it first on easy/ normal and then hard unlocks?

Also there are those "factions", if I join one, does it close another one? Or can I do them all in one playthrough?
Old 02-05-2012, 02:23 AM   #25
Diamondz

king diamondz's Gamercard
Hard is able to be selected from the start, its also really easy.
Diamondz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 12:20 PM   #26
yevinorion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondz View Post
Hard is able to be selected from the start, its also really easy.
Glad to hear, I'm definitely gonna play it on hard from the start. Do the combat/abilities make you feel a lot more powerful as you level up? Or does the difficulty scale to you as you get more powerful?
Old 02-09-2012, 02:09 AM   #27
foreverflash

FLASHF1RE's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by yevinorion View Post
Glad to hear, I'm definitely gonna play it on hard from the start. Do the combat/abilities make you feel a lot more powerful as you level up? Or does the difficulty scale to you as you get more powerful?
I'd like to know this too. Has anyone confirmed if the Hard Difficulty achievement requires a FULL playthrough on HARD (or can you switch to hard at the end of the game?) - Does HARD achievement only apply to the "Main questline"?
foreverflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 04:48 AM   #28
JONBLEACH

Bleach x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverflash View Post
I'd like to know this too. Has anyone confirmed if the Hard Difficulty achievement requires a FULL playthrough on HARD (or can you switch to hard at the end of the game?) - Does HARD achievement only apply to the "Main questline"?
commen sense says no, why wud they make it so u can just switch difficulty at very end and get profit.
Gamertag: Bleach x360a
JONBLEACH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 06:35 AM   #29
Twitch n Switch

Quote:
Originally Posted by JONBLEACH View Post
commen sense says no, why wud they make it so u can just switch difficulty at very end and get profit.
Common sense has a funny way of not applying sometimes. Nonetheless I doubt anyone will truly know the answer so soon into the games release.
Old 02-09-2012, 12:12 PM   #30
Method

Method x360a's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverflash View Post
When you go into the menu and try and change difficulty a menu pops up saying that changing difficulty in the middle of a playthrough negates your opportunity to earn certain achievements. With that in mind I'd say you cannot change difficulty once you start on hard. Overall though hard isn't that tough so it's really not worth the risk of trying to 100% confirm that you can change difficulties at the end.