PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-06-2011, 04:02 PM   #1
vI-Youneek-Iv

Send a message via AIM to vI-Youneek-Iv

PepSuber x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   1,000 Posts   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
CoD Elite

Call of Duty Elite Beta Begins July 14

Source

vI-Youneek-Iv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 04:21 PM   #2
Jack Frost

MEETSP1NNER's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   Staff Club - rekikire   Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   Artist of the Month   Community Gaming - Bronze   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
So you want to be charged to check your stats and the leaderboards? Really?

I think this is a terrible precedent and we should be worried that if this gets popular that more games will want to do the same thing.

I think CoD fans (which I am not) need to come together and NOT BUY THIS in droves.

Make it a complete and total failure (cuz then they'll give it to you for free again).

Blast a crater in their financial memory so deep, no company will get within 100 klicks of this idea ever again.
Jack Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 04:30 PM   #3
ZZak

Send a message via Skype™ to ZZak

Am I Zak's Gamercard
You will not be CHARGED AT ALL to check your stats. God read it PLEASE!

Also I already posted this in the Official MW3 Info thread a few minutes ago. Check it out.
ZZak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 05:30 PM   #4
Itstheimpaler

Itstheimpaler's Gamercard
Yes there are some portions that you have to pay for which im assuming are the tournament and more advanced portions but checking your stats and leaderboards is free, also being able to view the map and check out the popular kill spots and seeing where the most common route is thus preparing yourself for the upcoming match that should be free if not a small fee but not as much as the tournaments and such. My opinion is Elite has some advantages and disadvantages but you just need to look into it and then comment on it, just because some fool says you have to pay for everything doesn't make it true.
Itstheimpaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 08:31 AM   #5
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Frost View Post

I think this is a terrible precedent and we should be worried that if this gets popular that more games will want to do the same thing.

I think CoD fans (which I am not) need to come together and NOT BUY THIS in droves.

Make it a complete and total failure (cuz then they'll give it to you for free again).

Blast a crater in their financial memory so deep, no company will get within 100 klicks of this idea ever again.
You do realise that the leaderboards, stat checking and most features are FREE? Oh wait I forgot you don't read.

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Burnout x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 05:28 PM   #6
Hamburgerous

Hamburgerous's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Frost View Post

Even if you had read it, which you didn't, you have to realise that your idea doesn't work. If it's a commercial failure, it'll just not happen any more. If they charge for it and only a few people buy it they've made a certain amount of money and a loss. If they make it for free and they don't make any money then they've made no money and the same loss.

But yes, read then comment.