PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Adventure > Castlevania: Lords of Shadow
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-08-2011, 01:35 PM   #1
TooL LiSTNeR

Tool listener's Gamercard
Forgotton one

Im at last battle where i crush his head to open the green veins, he goes ape shit!!! I cant beat him no matter what
Old 06-08-2011, 01:44 PM   #2
Shishigami Zero

Shishigami Zero's Gamercard
That fight blows. I am not looking forward to playing it on Paladin.
Shishigami Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 03:44 PM   #3
TooL LiSTNeR

Tool listener's Gamercard
Finally did it after 1 hour of hit and run
Old 06-08-2011, 04:21 PM   #4
Dead End Kyo

Dead End Kyo's Gamercard
Yeah, the boss is a bit f***ing stupid, once his face is cracked open I find that it's best to run around in circles dodging his attacks as best as you can until he uses that attack where he drags the flail/mace thingy, that's when you run in and get a few hits on him rinse & repeat. I wouldn't recommend hitting him anymore than 3-4 times or you'd just get hit.
Dead End Kyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 05:40 PM   #5
Freehand Japan

DavidBowie 1986's Gamercard
Unfortunately you can't use any real combos on him because he is so fast and you are forced to jump in the air to attack him. Seems the best way to fight him (which is a bunch of crap) is to hen peck him to death. Dodge his attacks until you see an opening (him dragging the mace across the field is a good opening) and then jump and hit him with three or four attacks and then back off. Rinse and repeat a hundred dozen times and he is dead.

I can't believe they made a boss fight focused on pecking him to death. That's no way to utilize the combos and fighting system in this game.

EDIT: Fought him again on Paladin difficulty to get the achievement and kicked his ass!! It was so satisfying! The hardest part was throwing those three pillars at him to get him in the final form (I messed up three or four times). He really isn't so bad once you know his attacks and how to dodge them.

Last edited by Freehand Japan; 06-21-2011 at 05:21 PM.
Freehand Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 01:07 PM   #6
INTY

Ultimania10's Gamercard
My strategy was to get a reasonable distance away from him, and sprint around him in a circle for while and to wait for him to use the attacks where:
A. He swings at you with the Chain-ball and smashes it into the ground-he takes a while to recover from this attack. Long enough for you to get in a hit.
B. He swings the chain-ball at you, and then circles it across the ground. This gives you a large amount of time to get him.
C. He spawns four pikes above him and gradually throws them at you. You can get in 2 of the advised combo's I'm about to advise you to use when he does this attack.

When he does these attacks, sprint to him and then for your attack I advise jumping and holding X close enough to his head. Gabriel will rapidly spin in the air and then land. This combo is quick, and does a reasonably ideal amount of damage. As soon as he's done the attack and lands, don't run out, dodge roll out with LT until your far enough way. If you're too close to him when he's finished these attacks, he'll initiate an area attack which will hit you if you're in his area. So dodge roll out away soon as you've finished your X combo.

I'd advise this strategy more than running around him, as he has two attacks which can easily hit you if you're near enough to him.

BEFORE GOING IN TO THIS BATTLE:
I would advise doing a level from the original game, with a focus shrine and a health font. Fully replenish your shadow and light magic, and health. Then finish the level, and then load into the final battle! SAVE BOTH THE SHADOW, AND LIGHT MAGIC until you've managed to rip his helmet off. I'm serious, DON'T USE IT UNTIL THEN. You might think just taking his health down is what matters, but he's a different boss fight when you strip his helmet. He's quicker and deals more damage-you want to finish him off quickly at this stage. Don't run around in shadow magic mode, simply wait until he's done one of the attacks-sprint to him, and as you're about to jump, go into Shadow mode and hold X. When you've finished rolling away from him, come out of shadow magic mode. Light mode might not be quite as useful here, I didn't need to bother with it when using this method. Hopefully, this will help on your paladin battles-but I'm leaving doing that until the achievements are fixed.
Bioshock, Borderlands, Brutal Legend, CastleVania: Lords of Shadow, Darksiders, Dead Rising 2, Dead Space, Dead Space 2, Gears of War 2, Hunted: The Demon's Forge, Left 4 Dead, Left 4 Dead 2, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2, Portal 2 and The Orange Box.
INTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 01:22 PM   #7
jcvaleron

GUARDIAN D3VIL's Gamercard
Does anyone know if you using the dark crystal on the boss makes a difference?
jcvaleron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 01:53 PM   #8
Shishigami Zero

Shishigami Zero's Gamercard
I know it doesn't in the first level, so I'm sure it won't on the second level. I tried it and watched as it did nothing.
Shishigami Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 02:30 PM   #9
jcvaleron

GUARDIAN D3VIL's Gamercard
yep it has no effect on him the 2nd fight
jcvaleron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 05:43 PM   #10
jules the great

Send a message via AIM to jules the great

OldSchoolJules's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
IIRC that boss fight wasnt too bad but it did take me a few tries. Just keep hitting him a few times then back off, dodge, and go back to hitting him just a few times, no combos.
Old 06-13-2011, 03:49 PM   #11
Blazman83

Blazman83's Gamercard
Wow this guy is tough, i struggled beating him even on squire!! I am not gunna bother even attempting this on Paladin until the achievements are fixed and even when they are im not looking forward to doing this on Paladin. I cant believe the developers gave him area attacks on a boss that requires you to double jump just to get near his weak spot leaving you totally defenceless. I was honestly hoping at some point Gabriel would become full Dracula and give him some Dark Metamorphises lol ... but no the ending sucked ... no explanation of the city scene or nothing different, so dissapointed!!
Old 06-16-2011, 12:09 AM   #12
TiptopChrisy

Send a message via MSN to TiptopChrisy

TiptopChrisy's Gamercard
Im at the exact same bit, just after you smash his helmet. The fucker just wont die !! past 3 hours ive spent trying to kill this twat and he just wont quit. One time ive had his bar completely drained, not a single bit of red health in it and he didnt die, just hit me with his super extendable mace thingy and killed me Fucking twat is going down !! Lol.
TiptopChrisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 02:19 AM   #13
Dead End Kyo

Dead End Kyo's Gamercard
I've actually found him incredibly easy on Paladin for some reason, I did both stages without dying against him.

The only tip I can add to my earlier post here is to try & attack him at the maximum range of the whip so that you have more time to react to his attacks and one more that I think is vital to beating on him Paladin is to save your shadow magic for when his face cracks open, I keep the damage display on my file, the average amount of damage you do to him with X is 40 per hit, with the shadow magic activated that goes upto 60 damage per hit.
Dead End Kyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 02:29 AM   #14
TiptopChrisy

Send a message via MSN to TiptopChrisy

TiptopChrisy's Gamercard
Just beat that Son of a Bitch on Paladin !! Soo relieved thats that over with. All i did was run around, jump and rolling away from all his attacks and hit him with a demon powered guilotine whenever he did the semi circle attack with his mace type weapon and it was stuck in the ground. Took a while though but it got the job done in the end.
TiptopChrisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 01:03 AM   #15
D412k Kn16h7

D412k Kn16h7's Gamercard
After over an hour of trying, I finally beat the bastard on Paladin. Thank god for the save from checkpoint or else I'd never attempt this...ever. Had half health left when his face was open, used all my remaining shadow magic (60%) and ended up defeating him just as it ran out.

100% (Without DLC / Glitched & Unattainable included):
Halo CEA/R/4,MW 1/2/3,Crysis 1/2/3,FC3,ME3,tWD,RE5,tD2,Jericho,TR:U,Deus Ex: HR,Dishonored,Term:S,C:LoS,Asura,Bayonetta,Eragon, Wolverine,PoP:TFS,Dante's Inferno,TFU 1/2,AC 1/2/Rev,Hunted,Dust,Cursed Crusade,Proto 2,LoTR Conq,Darksiders 1/2,Fable 2/3,TES 4/5,Eternal Sonata,FFXIII/-2,Sonic Racing,MatFK,Portal 2,Lego SW:CW/Indy/LotR,Spyro DotD,King Kong

D412k Kn16h7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 04:58 AM   #16
Darkelf X

Darkelf X's Gamercard
Did this yesterday and... this was quite easy. O_o Used some (6 or 7) "reload last checkpoint" when he got me unlucky, but finished this bastard off, eventually. Startet the battle with 75% health and 20% white magic, nothing else.

Thats it now. 1270/1270 GS
Old 11-21-2011, 06:09 PM   #17
realshinobi

Bourne Shinobi's Gamercard
This is hard!

Last edited by realshinobi; 11-21-2011 at 06:28 PM.
realshinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:53 PM   #18
FORSAKENxLegacy

x7Shadz 0f Grey's Gamercard
I love the last fight with the forgotten one
FORSAKENxLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 06:27 PM   #19
Exhausted Dad

ddi0994's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Finally beat this bastard, brought back memories of Ninja Gaiden on original xbox. What a incredibly frustrating and satisfying fight.
Old 12-21-2013, 03:12 PM   #20
madein1

madein1's Gamercard
Totally agree original ninja gaiden all-over. Frustrating!
Old 12-21-2013, 07:32 PM   #21
Crispycjc666

CrispyCJC666's Gamercard
I managed to do it on Paladin. Hit and run and a lot of patience required. Learn his attack patterns and be prepared to die a lot. Reminded me of God of War in God mode fighting Aries. Hard as hell, but when you do beat him, you feel like a rock star!
Crispycjc666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 08:51 AM   #22
envint251

robandines's Gamercard
Stupid game, stupid level, stupid boss fight. It's not often I have so much hate for a game.