PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Red Faction: Armageddon
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-12-2011, 12:04 PM   #1
Nutty Scouser

Nutty Scouser's Gamercard
Arrow Thoughts on RED Faction Armageddon

I know this aint guerilla but this game inits on way is brillaint im loving the magnet gun, no straining for cheevos the destruction makes this game - great game still think they should of put MP in as I loved the last one it was fun for months
Nutty Scouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 02:41 PM   #2
Russman

russman128's Gamercard
So far i'm liking it. I'm glad they didn't make it sandbox style again or I would have thought twice. It can get a little repetitive and linear, and most times you can tell when enemies will pop up and you'll have to defeat them just like you did the last 10 times lol.

There is still destruction and some outside levels. The weapons are cool but what i've found at least on normal difficulty if you have the arc welder, the sticky grenade launcher and the machine gun you will be fine for any situation.

I'm just at 45% done with the game and I'm excited to see what's in store coming up.

Last edited by Russman; 06-12-2011 at 02:44 PM.
Russman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 05:08 PM   #3
xMANNY FRE5Hx

xMANNY FRE5Hx's Gamercard
loving it, mindless destructive fun. glad its not sandbox.
Old 06-12-2011, 08:58 PM   #4
v SnOwMaN v

CW Rozay's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Good game and yea MP would have been a bonus to this game, but then again they don't have to worry about MP being judged in this game either or people complaining about certain weapons.

U N P L U G Y A E T H E R N E T B O Y

v SnOwMaN v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 09:28 PM   #5
Bob the Hick

Bob the Hick 19's Gamercard
I'm personally loving this game, infection does get a little repetitive but I guess thats the nature of that game mode. Also I wish as well that the MP from Guerilla had been brought back.
Old 06-13-2011, 04:09 PM   #6
BegFourMercy

BegFourMercy's Gamercard
I think this game is great. The Horde mode is as good or better than Gear of War.
Old 06-13-2011, 07:54 PM   #7
the ferenczy

the ferenczy's Gamercard
If Gears and Dead Space had a child, this would be it. Good game 7.5/10
the ferenczy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 08:53 PM   #8
tankbuster

TANK BUST3R's Gamercard
I am glad I only rented this game, I am almost done, just now playing on Insane. I have to say this game is great but IMO not worth 59.99. I have had it for 5 days and I enjoyed it very much. So much to do, destroy, Horde type mode MP, long SP. It's been a pleasure playing/renting this game.
tankbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 05:01 PM   #9
turf90

S1K x H34d5h0tz's Gamercard
Arrow

Hey my thoughts on this game are it's a really good game but i think they should have a choice of 1st person or 3rd person so everyone's happy also if you didn't know there is a code on the back of your instruction booklet for a ruin map pack. Also i am looking for people to play with me on Red Faction: Armageddon as most of my friends don't have this game.
turf90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 07:07 PM   #10
Vendetta

Send a message via MSN to Vendetta

Vendetta x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Loved this game. Glad I waited cuz K-Mart had it on sale for $40. Just got insane play left. I beat it last night and am already half way through my insane playthrough. I felt the audiologs added a bit more to the story. Gonna get my 1K tonight and back to Hunted & Noire until Shadows of The Damned next week
Old 06-17-2011, 03:00 PM   #11
Vindicator51

Vindicator51's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I loved this game more than Guerilla. I just completed my 2nd playthrough on Insane, and i will definitely say that i don't regret my purchase. The Nano Forge and weaponry in the game is an absolute joy, and Infestation adds a lot of fun with other people online.
Old 06-18-2011, 04:36 AM   #12
pined5551

Traveller Nick's Gamercard

I have not played any of the other Red Factions, but this, I LOVE! haha
pined5551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 09:37 PM   #13
mosin360

mosin360's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
I really enjoyed the game. I did miss the open world destruction from the last game but everything else was solid. I thought the story was fine and the whole cheat system really does make a second play thru really fun.

Its sitting at a 73 on metacritic and I think a lot of the reviewers just moaned about how it was a 'step back' from the last game. Had they just played the game they would have found a great 3rd person shooter. Oh well, thats why I don't factor in reviews into what I play.

Last goal met: 200k - Oct 6, 2013

mosin360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 12:53 AM   #14
bloodswan

bloodswan's Gamercard

I enjoyed it. I thought infestation was good and the campaign interesting enough. The best part for me was the unique weapons especially the magnet gun which seemed to never get boring. The aliens were interesting looking and the story itself kept me engaged. Gameplay was great and it was a fun experience overall.
bloodswan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 01:50 AM   #15
Bombenhagel

Thumbs up

Red Faction: Armageddon could have been great but as it stands, the developers deliver some lukewarm entertainment; although some weapons, such as the Singularity and Magnet guns, are fun to use, the lack of narrative thrills, the monotony of the action, and the lack of variety in the game's enemies and play-style (A.I. follows a 'strength in numbers' routine) bog down the experience. I would've wanted to be more invested in the struggles of these characters--especially Darius, who sounds and acts realistically--but that just wasn't the case. Infection mode and cheats do offer some replay value, but how many times does a person want to go through the aforementioned problems?

If I had to choose, a solid rental . . . . or if the price drops to the substantial $30, purchase.

Bombenhagel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 02:00 AM   #16
Dz06lt

DZ06LT's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts
no not every game needs multiplayer
Old 06-21-2011, 06:12 AM   #17
Zombiedrd

Zombiedrd's Gamercard

I enjoyed it, but lawleed when(spoilers in white, highlight them) the girl died. Seriously, SAM tells you enemies approaching and you lock eyes and kiss., but over all it was a fun game.
200,000-?
Zombiedrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 05:11 AM   #18
TimespliTT

splittmark's Gamercard
they added insane action on screen that guerrilla was lacking, they added a few more cut-scenes to develop A story and these two features ARE nice. but playing as the grandson and fighting generic enemies isnt a new york times best seller worth story.

+ action
- no single player co-op
- no multiplayer
- have to have a code for ruin mode
- insane being EASY
- only worth a rent
- repetitive re-playability
TimespliTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 12:58 AM   #19
DarkReign2021
Banned User

DarkReign2021's Gamercard

Personally enjoying it myself. It's a shame that the levels are so linear after having an entire Sandbox in the previous game, but the previous game suffered from the same affliction as Assassin's Creed where the game was just copy and paste missions and objectives. That being said, I wouldn't have minded a world setup like the first Ninja Gaiden where there are multiple paths to take and the entire game just loops around and cuts through areas you've already been to. This would've made a HUB area (Bastion) relevant and could've thrown in some quirky side missions.)

Anyway, I love the weapons in this game. You can tell most of them are geared to take full advantage of the destruction system in this game (which was extremely well done in this game. A major improvement over the physics-defying buildings of Guerrilla.) On top of that even the repair tool is stupidly amusing and fun (I've developed a habit of repairing everything in a room after a firefight. Humanity has it rough enough on Mars. Might as well leave as little destruction as possible for after the war is over.)

My biggest complaints for this game are the repetitive level designs and lack of enemy variety. So far I've faced 4 unique aliens and they all look pretty much the same. I also think this game would've done well with more environmental hazards just for the novelty. I would've loved having a rock grinder that I could've flung enemies into for a quick and gory kill.) As for the levels, it's unfortunate that they stuck us in caves for the entire game. Everything looks the same and it really makes for a dull experience. Too little variety and I'm thinking they should've kept a majority of the game on the surface still.
DarkReign2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 10:00 PM   #20
Team Penguin

Send a message via AIM to Team Penguin

IX Wasian XI's Gamercard
I liked it. It was fun but annoying the first time through. More of a rent then a buy. Course, doesn't help the fact that I despise bugs. But the best part of the game is the napalm laser imo. Shoot a laser that blows up those stupid pesky bugs = a good time.

This is a no unjustified rage zone. Please proceed to the other side of the room. Thank you for your cooperation.
Team Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 10:05 PM   #21
HalfEVILmonkey

HalfEVILmonkey's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Loving the game so far, but I have only been playing Infestation mode with friends. Definitely glad I got the game. I was in the beta for Guerrilla, and I hated the MP so much that I didn't even bother getting the game. Glad that this one does not have competitive multi player as I probably would have passed on it.
Old 06-28-2011, 10:05 PM   #22
FatallyDevoted

FatallyDevoted's Gamercard
this game is great i loved every second of the single player every thing about the game was fantastic in my opinion
FatallyDevoted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 05:20 PM   #23
Clericking

Clerickid's Gamercard
I like the game it is average just but Cod zombies fever has spread to infestation mode people join your game then leave when it starts -_- that and everyone always plays black market
Old 07-24-2011, 10:09 PM   #24
HalfEVILmonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clericking View Post
I like the game it is average just but Cod zombies fever has spread to infestation mode people join your game then leave when it starts -_- that and everyone always plays black market
Well that map is the best for getting all of the Infestation achievements, so I can understand that being the most popular.
Old 07-25-2011, 12:58 AM   #25
Dz06lt

DZ06LT's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts
yeah the black market is the easiest map for sure, thats the one i used to get to level 30.
Old 07-27-2011, 09:19 AM   #26
McGoogles

Ratify's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver   Staff Club - DEG23   XBA Promoter   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
I thought it was a fun experience but the game became a little repetitive after the first few levels of the campaign. Infection mode was a nice little addition but it hardly added replay value.

Also, after you purchase all the upgrades you're left with unusable and pointless Salvage points. They could've at least added characters that could only be unlocked by purchasing them.
Latest arcade completion: Warface

McGoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 11:56 AM   #27
SneakyofSneaks

Sneakyofsneaks's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGoogles View Post
Also, after you purchase all the upgrades you're left with unusable and pointless Salvage points. They could've at least added characters that could only be unlocked by purchasing them.
You buy the cheats with them for playing the new game+, instant nano costs 10,000 salvage, unlimited ammo cost 5000 for each weapon, plus a host of other weapons that cost 8-10K.
SneakyofSneaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 12:20 AM   #28
HalfEVILmonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakyofSneaks View Post
You buy the cheats with them for playing the new game+, instant nano costs 10,000 salvage, unlimited ammo cost 5000 for each weapon, plus a host of other weapons that cost 8-10K.
Yeah, Sneak is right...the cheats will eat up your credits fast as hell. The best ones to buy for the insane run-through (in my opinion anyway) are the INSTANT NANO and the LEO MACHINE GUN! With those two, the Insane was pretty easy. The only hard part was the barge portion in the lava because you are stuck on the damn turret.
Old 07-30-2011, 07:34 AM   #29
McGoogles

Ratify's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver   Staff Club - DEG23   XBA Promoter   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfEVILmonkey View Post
Yeah, Sneak is right...the cheats will eat up your credits fast as hell. The best ones to buy for the insane run-through (in my opinion anyway) are the INSTANT NANO and the LEO MACHINE GUN! With those two, the Insane was pretty easy. The only hard part was the barge portion in the lava because you are stuck on the damn turret.
I completely forgot about the cheats for single player, mainly because of how pointless they are. Who would want to spend all their Salvage on content that you can only use for the repetitive single player campaign? I mean it wasn't a terrible campaign. It was definitely something new and there were lots of enjoyable parts, but I found the majority of it repetitive.

Anyways, I tried to challenge myself by not purchasing a single cheat during the entire Insane playthrough and I easily did it. The only tough part I encountered was at the end of the barge level that you mentioned.

Note: To those reading this thread, save your Salvage and don't waste it all on cheats. The new DLC might contain weapons or characters that can only be unlocked with Salvage.
Latest arcade completion: Warface

McGoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 11:13 PM   #30
HalfEVILmonkey

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGoogles View Post
I completely forgot about the cheats for single player, mainly because of how pointless they are. Who would want to spend all their Salvage on content that you can only use for the repetitive single player campaign? I mean it wasn't a terrible campaign. It was definitely something new and there were lots of enjoyable parts, but I found the majority of it repetitive.

Anyways, I tried to challenge myself by not purchasing a single cheat during the entire Insane playthrough and I easily did it. The only tough part I encountered was at the end of the barge level that you mentioned.

Note: To those reading this thread, save your Salvage and don't waste it all on cheats. The new DLC might contain weapons or characters that can only be unlocked with Salvage.
While I respect your opinion on this, I definitely disagree. I appreciated the cheats for the Insane run through. For those of you wanting the easy 1000, I must refer you to this thread:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=316548

I did this and I had 60,000 salvage in less than an hour and it made everything easy. In addition, after I finished my insane run, I had 15,000 left over. I found the insane run so much more fun because of the cheats, so I would take advantage of them instead of trying to be "hardcore" by doing that run-through without them. Again, this is only my opinion, and it all depends on how you like to play games. I personally tend to avoid frustration whenever possible. Plus, Mr. Toots is the best.