PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Duke Nukem Forever
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-13-2011, 11:58 AM   #31
Krizalid1985

Krizalid1985's Gamercard
how difficult is insane?there some tips for this difficult level?
Krizalid1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 01:15 PM   #32
bawrash

bawrash inc's Gamercard
Not bad for a human

If you keep by the ammo crate she'll launch 2 attacks. If she tilts her head back shoot a rocket and dive into cover and she'll do some sort of sonic wave attack. If she raises her arm fire a rocket and dodge and immediately fire again if you get hit dont worry as long as there are no pregnators around you'll survive. If the second round goes in you'll stun her allowing you to get a full volley of rockets in. Near the end she'll start calling octabrains one at a time move to the other side and use pipe bombs on them. She'll remain open for rockets attacks now until you kill her just keep stocked on pipe bombs and rpg.

octacide

Originally I used the same method but found it a pain in the ass. Instead hide in the booth and throw out pipe bombs. Even though you cant see them they'll get sucked up and then blow them as close to the octabrains as possible then jump out for a restock when your empty. Its easier than getting devastator rockets fired back.
bawrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 02:58 PM   #33
CrustyDirtDemon

CrustyDirtDemon's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawrash View Post
Not bad for a human

If you keep by the ammo crate she'll launch 2 attacks. If she tilts her head back shoot a rocket and dive into cover and she'll do some sort of sonic wave attack. If she raises her arm fire a rocket and dodge and immediately fire again if you get hit dont worry as long as there are no pregnators around you'll survive. If the second round goes in you'll stun her allowing you to get a full volley of rockets in. Near the end she'll start calling octabrains one at a time move to the other side and use pipe bombs on them. She'll remain open for rockets attacks now until you kill her just keep stocked on pipe bombs and rpg.

octacide

Originally I used the same method but found it a pain in the ass. Instead hide in the booth and throw out pipe bombs. Even though you cant see them they'll get sucked up and then blow them as close to the octabrains as possible then jump out for a restock when your empty. Its easier than getting devastator rockets fired back.
This guy talks RUBBISH, he doesnt even have the 1K. The game is "CAKE" on INSANE as he says, yet he hasnt finished the game yet...Hmmmmm

The game can throw curve alls at you on insane and the quick deaths combined with the horendous load times will nearly make u wanna shoot yourself!!
Old 06-13-2011, 03:45 PM   #34
bawrash

bawrash inc's Gamercard
maybe you should shut the hell up if you've nothing productive to say that will help this guide. I have completed the game and ive almost completed it on insane.

so stick your cake up your arse!
Old 06-13-2011, 04:05 PM   #35
mogwaimon

mogwaimon's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawrash View Post
Not bad for a human

octacide

You do know that on the Queen Bitch fight, during the first part, you can throw pipe bombs onto the jump pads and detonate them when they get behind the queen's armored arms to open her up, right? You don't have to wait for her to scream or try to squash you to attack her. Also, you can do the pipe bomb method to take out the octabrains on this fight, but I think they get way too close to you to risk it. They're in better range that a few good shotgun blasts should take care of them, IMO.

I do agree on the Octaking strategy though, that's what I used combined with a holoduke and a beer, haha.
100% retail - Lego Batman, Lego Harry Potter Years 1-4, Lego Star Wars TCS, Batman Arkham Asylum, The Godfather (1250), Resident Evil 5 (1000), Oblivion (1250), Dynasty Warriors 6 Empires, Fallout 3 (1550), Avatar TLA, Marvel UA, Marvel UA 2 (1000), Left 4 Dead (1225), Assassin's Creed 1+2, Sega Megadrive UC, L.A. Noire (1200), The Saboteur

100% arcade - Gunstar Heroes, Pacman CE DX, SSF2T HDR, The Dishwasher Dead Samurai, DR2 Case Zero, Banjo Kazooie, Dash of Destruction
mogwaimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 04:41 PM   #36
bawrash

bawrash inc's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by mogwaimon View Post
You do know that on the Queen Bitch fight, during the first part, you can throw pipe bombs onto the jump pads and detonate them when they get behind the queen's armored arms to open her up, right? You don't have to wait for her to scream or try to squash you to attack her. Also, you can do the pipe bomb method to take out the octabrains on this fight, but I think they get way too close to you to risk it. They're in better range that a few good shotgun blasts should take care of them, IMO.

I do agree on the Octaking strategy though, that's what I used combined with a holoduke and a beer, haha.
I was doing that at first with the queen but was finding it took longer and the cover was better on the other side plus the pregnators dont land as close and can be hit wi the rpg. Though I jump back to the other side when the octabrains come out cause their too close.
Old 06-13-2011, 08:41 PM   #37
jpg30

jpg30's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
just beat the energy leech, it's the easiest boss as it moves so slow, as long as u don't stay still and get hit direct then it isn't a problem to kill it, just get the RPG nearby and lock on and keep shooting it, u can get ammo from the 3 nearby crates, also remember to use oxygen from the vents, once the leech is down press X on the leech to open it then keep pressing A to drop a bomb into it, that's it.

the leech burst out of the 2nd vent u have to place the bomb on in the underwater level.

keep on the move though as it does serious damage if it hits u direct.
jpg30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 02:52 PM   #38
Egg Life

Egg Life's Gamercard
I did natural disaster with Mighty Foot on the first group of pigs

Kills with thrown objects can be done in the Hive by throwing stuff at the unhatched pregnator pods.

Also gunslinger is easy enough to do on Hard difficulty on your first playthrough
Egg Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 05:29 PM   #39
Elit3 m0nkey

Does anyone know if it is possible to still get the Gunslinger achievement if you happened to drop, but then picked it up right away?
Feel free to add me, but make sure there is a message or else I will delete it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziva David
Well, you know what they say. You cannot make an omlette without breaking a few legs
Elit3 m0nkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 05:33 PM   #40
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elit3 m0nkey View Post
Does anyone know if it is possible to still get the Gunslinger achievement if you happened to drop, but then picked it up right away?
Yeah according to some users it's still possible, look here!

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=315041

100% > Resident Evil - Remake Remastered (XboxOne & Playstation4)
100% > Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (Xbox360 & XboxOne)
100% > Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition (Xbox360 & XboxOne)

-[RESIDENTEVIL]-
JuSt BLaZe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 05:36 PM   #41
Elit3 m0nkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuSt BLaZe View Post
Yeah according to some users it's still possible, look here!

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=315041
Thanks. It's not a major problem it's just an achievement I would rather not have to go through again.
Quote:
Well, you know what they say. You cannot make an omlette without breaking a few legs
Old 06-14-2011, 06:19 PM   #42
bawrash

bawrash inc's Gamercard
I did gunslinger on come get some so I quite often dropped it so I had to weapons from cover then go back to it. Remember to pick it up before any checkpoint cause if you die you wont spawn back with it and it'll disappear from the floor.
Old 06-15-2011, 07:11 AM   #44
CrazyDoginOZ

CrazyDoginOZ's Gamercard
reloading checkpoints if you lose or drop the gun works for gunslinger.

Last edited by CrazyDoginOZ; 06-20-2011 at 11:08 PM.
CrazyDoginOZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 01:26 PM   #45
bLaKgRaVy

bLaKgRaVy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Emerald   Road Map - Emerald   Green Thumb - Silver   Micro Guide - Gold   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Minty   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
For the Gunslinger achievement, I went back and played the first two levels of the game, but you don't even carry a gun (except the Devastator) in those levels (I even hit Y when fighting the Cycloid and it didn't cycle my weapons). Are those levels necessary? And would I have to replay "The Duke Cave" and play through the whole level with the pistol, or am I fine just ending that level carrying it?

The guide is not clear on this.
bLaKgRaVy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 02:23 PM   #46
Elit3 m0nkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by bLaKgRaVy View Post
For the Gunslinger achievement, I went back and played the first two levels of the game, but you don't even carry a gun (except the Devastator) in those levels (I even hit Y when fighting the Cycloid and it didn't cycle my weapons). Are those levels necessary? And would I have to replay "The Duke Cave" and play through the whole level with the pistol, or am I fine just ending that level carrying it?

The guide is not clear on this.
You get the pistol in The Duke Cave, so any levels before don't count since you don't have it.

You can get the achievement in one playthrough, without having to go replay through levels, so no you don't have to reload the level. Just don't drop it once you get the pistol and you will get the achievement.
Quote:
Old 06-15-2011, 02:40 PM   #47
bLaKgRaVy

bLaKgRaVy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Emerald   Road Map - Emerald   Green Thumb - Silver   Micro Guide - Gold   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Minty   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elit3 m0nkey View Post
You get the pistol in The Duke Cave, so any levels before don't count since you don't have it.

You can get the achievement in one playthrough, without having to go replay through levels, so no you don't have to reload the level. Just don't drop it once you get the pistol and you will get the achievement.
Nice, thanks!
Old 06-15-2011, 06:10 PM   #48
SubG3nius

SubG3nius's Gamercard

Looks good so far, will probably come in handy when I pick this up.
Old 06-15-2011, 08:44 PM   #49
UltimateTT66

UltimateTT66's Gamercard
bump

Sticky this?
UltimateTT66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 10:02 PM   #50
Nevander

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Good guide but I'm planning on writing one of my own, as soon as I get the 1k myself.
Old 06-15-2011, 11:55 PM   #51
hype

IncredibleHype's Gamercard
also signing the autograph for the kid gets u +2 ego...

hijo del maliante puro.
hype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 03:05 AM   #52
CrazyDoginOZ

CrazyDoginOZ's Gamercard
@ unsoundwarrior, bro please fix the gunslinger info i gave you up in the guide so its correct, cheers
CrazyDoginOZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 12:59 PM   #53
EliteShadowMan

EliteShadowMan's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Could blowing up 5 dropships achievement be glitched in a good way? i got it at the end of Duke Burger Part 3 when those 2 big fat guys that shoots rockets at you come in. Popped right after the battle even though i didn't shoot 5 gunships, dropships down.
Old 06-16-2011, 01:55 PM   #54
Stevey Boy2006

Original Bstard's Gamercard
Cool guide man, thanks a lot
Old 06-16-2011, 03:21 PM   #55
bLaKgRaVy

bLaKgRaVy's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteShadowMan View Post
Could blowing up 5 dropships achievement be glitched in a good way? i got it at the end of Duke Burger Part 3 when those 2 big fat guys that shoots rockets at you come in. Popped right after the battle even though i didn't shoot 5 gunships, dropships down.
Maybe they count as gunships and you had shot down three previously? Strange.

The way I got it was on the Mothership Battle level. I kept dying, but had shot down at least two dropships each life. When I had respawned the third time, the first dropship I destroyed I got the achievement.

You might want to put in the guide that you can reload checkpoints to get this instead of on different levels.

Also for Baron Von Nukem (Shoot down 20 alien fighters), you can also get that achievement in this level if you reload the checkpoint. It keeps track of your previous kills.

Last edited by bLaKgRaVy; 06-16-2011 at 03:23 PM.
Old 06-16-2011, 03:23 PM   #56
EliteShadowMan

EliteShadowMan's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bLaKgRaVy View Post
Maybe they count as gunships and you had shot down three previously? Strange.

The way I got it was on the Mothership Battle level. I kept dying, but had shot down at least two dropships each life. When I had respawned the third time, the first dropship I destroyed I got the achievement.

You might want to put in the guide that you can reload checkpoints to get this instead of on different levels.
well i had tried using the enforcer gun to shoot down the dropships when they came in, but they still flew off and all that. So idk if they blew up later on or something...but seeing as how the achievement popped from the other 2 enemies makes me think they count as gunships somehow.
Old 06-16-2011, 08:49 PM   #57
Lord

About 700 Fish's Gamercard
GUNSLINGER Perfectly fine to drop the pistol, swap it for another gun in times of need but dont forget to pick it up again before you carry on with the level, you must have this gun in your possession at the very end of the game (even after defeating final boss) to get the cheevo innit.

You missed a ego point thing in your guide. On 'Damn! It's Late' after the popcorn drama you meet a little kid who wants your autograph, sign the book for ego boost.

Last edited by Lord; 06-16-2011 at 08:52 PM.
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 09:48 PM   #58
romanzad

romanzad's Gamercard
great guide help me no ends!! just need to finish the insane play through now

Old 06-17-2011, 02:58 PM   #59
GTNukem

GTNukem's Gamercard
So the game tells me I have 13/14 Ego Items in the Duke Titty City...any ideas on that? lol

nvm just got it

Last edited by GTNukem; 06-17-2011 at 03:17 PM.
GTNukem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 07:28 PM   #60
mattzts

MattZTS's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by GamingEconomist View Post
Sticky Bomb Like You!

Done Easy : Freeze an enemy, then run up to him and stick the mine at him :-)
I stuck the queen she doesnt move at all when you first get to her.
mattzts is offline   Reply With Quote