"Unable to load song - skipping" - Anyone else having this problem?

rollin_shadow

I recently went over to a friend's house and played RB3 with my content plugged in (via USB sticks). He does have some of the same content that I have. I am finding that I cannot play some of my songs anymore.

Anyone know of a way to remedy this?

I have tried searching the forums for "skipping song", "unable to load" but have come up empty, so if there is a thread that I haven't found, could someone point me in the right direction.

I recently went over to a friend's house and played RB3 with my content plugged in (via USB sticks). He does have some of the same content that I have. I am finding that I cannot play some of my songs anymore.

Anyone know of a way to remedy this?

I have tried searching the forums for "skipping song", "unable to load" but have come up empty, so if there is a thread that I haven't found, could someone point me in the right direction.

I know the exact problem! It does this to me too.

I'm assuming you downloaded the content on your console, and you're not signed in to live at your friends (Your specific gamertag) It's because the content liscences are linked to your console (Regardless of where you saved it)

You need to be signed into live under the gamertag that purchased the content for it to work away from your console

I did download the DLC on my own console. However I was using my account and gamertag on my friends console, as I wanted to get band achievements and help out my friend who just started out with the game.

Thing is we both have the DLC in question and his works and mine does not. The specific song is Everlong - Foo Fighters. I've dl'd the entire album that the song appears (as I did the first time) and it still doesn't work.

Edited by rollin_shadow

I'm a dolt... Everlong is a song that was on the RB2 disc stock, not DLC. My friend had RB2 disc downloaded on his system, I did not, therefore it didn't load because it wasn't there to load. All is good now. Glad it was that easy of a fix. Thanks to those who responded.

You must be signed in online on your gamertag. it is not enough to just have your gamertag at your friends house. you must also be online/ on live for your DLC on your memory card to work on their console.

Edited by X Dirge X