PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-16-2011, 12:09 AM   #1
jrod39

jrod39's Gamercard
how do I access the clock tower in hub?

I've finished the game to 100% and done pretty much everything that one can do within the stories and hub, with the exception of the clock tower in the hub (the one overlooking the two cannons). The clock tower has a green handhold quite high up, and what looks like others turned the wrong way (unusable) below them, just within jumping height. Beneath that, at ground level, there's a crank, which presumably turns the handholds the right way, but it's missing its wheel. And that's the problem - I cannot find a spare wheel *anywhere* in this world. There's plenty of shovels, fruit, torches, etc., but no wheels. I really want to get up there, as I suspect that there's one last room up there and that the last unlockable character (Dancing Captain Jack) is hiding there, but that's pure speculation.

Has anyone reached the top of the clock tower? If so, how did you do it? Where do I find the wheel? I don't need this to complete the game, but I'm absolutely consumed with curiosity at the moment.

Thanks in advance.
jrod39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 12:27 AM   #2
coldandtired

You can find the wheel using Jack's compass (I think) and you can switch from day to night with the clock (no dancing Jack ).
coldandtired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 12:37 AM   #3
jrod39

jrod39's Gamercard
Oh it never occurred to me to use his compass !! cheers coldandtired ... you have put me out of my misery.

[But now it occurs to me - if Dancing Jack's not up there, is there actually any way to get that last character in-game? Or was that unlock code provided as a pre-order bonus or something? Just curious. ]
jrod39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 07:31 AM   #4
coldandtired

I don't think he's unlockable without the code. Didn't one of the Lego Star Wars games have the same thing (maybe Clone Wars)?
coldandtired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 02:44 PM   #5
angelsk

angelsk's Gamercard
I got the unlock code for Dancing Jack buying buying Pirate LEGO sets. The preorder character codes were for Blackbeard, Philip Code, Mistress Ching and Ammand.
angelsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 08:20 PM   #6
Helga Viking

Helga Viking's Gamercard
If you use Jack's compass, you will find a wheel - it is way to the left just around the corner up some steps past an explosive barrel of dynamite. Once attached and spun, it extends out the bars so a female character can jump up. It is a bit of a pain though as when jumping up to the last one, the female character may bonk her head off the edge of the tower and fall back down again, think that's just a little error that they didn't think of as it can get in the way but a couple of attempts and you should be fine. You can then change it from day to night.
Helga Viking is offline   Reply With Quote