PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Windows Phone Games (WP7 and WP8) > Strategy > geoDefense
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-15-2011, 12:54 PM   #1
VonThronstahl

Throni360's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Submit - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Strategy or just spamming?

I noticed that there are no achievements or needed bonus for using only a few turrets. I am not very good at TD games because I never played them and if I did, I looked up a turret-placement-solution in the internet.

Does it make sense to fill the screen with turrets and update them asap or are less and well positioned turrets better? I make it through the first few waves easily but then I get run over.
Bejeweled Live, Crash Time 4: The Syndicate & 5: Undercover, Cro-Mag Rally, Centipede, Hunter's Trophy 2: America & Australia, SEGA Rally Online Arcade, Toy Soldiers: Boot Camp and Victorious: Time to Shine.
VonThronstahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 01:22 PM   #2
Hudson888

Huds0n888's Gamercard
I have managed to get through most of it with just spamming turrets around, but its good to have a few other ones strategically placed, like the ones that slow stuff down, and the blue ones upgraded fully lined up with a long straight is pretty effective at taking down multiple targets. But yea after that i just put loads of green ones in everywhere.
Hudson888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 03:34 PM   #3
LH Cerberus

ll w i k u ll's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I had at the corners 2-3 laser and in front of them a couple of the orange things. A few rockets and a few turrents and always, if available, the vortex towers and connected all of the other units to them, for more power. Worked pretty well, on hard mode, for me.
Old 06-15-2011, 06:01 PM   #4
litepink

litepink's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Submit - Platinum   Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Another reminder to all, make sure it's on Novice difficulty.

My general strategy:

Mostly Greens, Blues if there are straight lines.
1-3 Red/Yellow combos, especially where paths cross. I felt that if the yellow stopped a Creep, that allowed another to catch up and you can hit multiples at once.
Vortexs': If you understand them, use them. I sort of get them, but I gave up on them and did fine.

I go for Quantity first. I build up my Greens along the path and place my Blues in straight lines, etc. Once I have the whole path filled, then I upgrade. Once the whole path is fully upgraded then I start putting things in "open areas" and upgrade quickly so they reach the paths. I feel emphasizing on Quanity first allows you to upgrade multiple towers later when the money starts rolling in. When things get frantic its a lot easier to upgrade rather than placing new turrets.

Another suggestion is that, in my opinion, I liked the Green turrets better when not fully upgraded, ignoring the final upgrade.

Achievement Guides by litepink™
Angry Birds WP7 | Arkanoid Live! | Asteroids Deluxe WP7 | Darwinia+ | Doodle Jump | Guitar Hero 5 | Kinect Adventures | Kinect Sports: Season Two | Lego Harry Potter | Lunar Lander WP7 | MLB 2K10 | Otomedius G | Pac-Man CE DX WP7 | Rainbow Islands | Rock Band Metal Track Pack | Scott Pilgrim | Tecmo Bowl | Tiger ‘10 | Tiger ‘11
litepink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 09:00 PM   #5
Hudson888

Huds0n888's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by litepink View Post
Another suggestion is that, in my opinion, I liked the Green turrets better when not fully upgraded, ignoring the final upgrade.
Agreed, I think they are much more effective if they are at 3 barrels with the dots on them. Or have a mixture of fully upgraded and some 1 off fully upgraded.
Hudson888 is offline   Reply With Quote