PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Duke Nukem Forever
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-17-2011, 05:31 PM   #31
bigbear2face

bigbear XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoborg View Post
It's so bad and extremely hard I'm trading it in. With a measly score of <200. I don't care though, I look forward Alice instead.

Everything I've read says Alice is just as bad if not worse.

Alea Iacta Est
MAL

Awesome pic provided by Dirty130, Tom, Jack Frost and Pender
Thanks to Dante for the avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Kasai View Post
Simply because most people are idiots and don't think.
bigbear2face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 10:37 PM   #32
givemesomelager

givemesomelager's Gamercard
did anyone mention the shitty load times?
Old 06-17-2011, 10:37 PM   #33
AltruismIsDead

AltruismIsDead's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbear2face View Post
Everything I've read says Alice is just as bad if not worse.
Exactly, good luck with Alice, I haven't opened up my copy, but I also haven't read any reviews to sway my judgement on it either (or DNF for that matter)

I am sure I'll enjoy Alice like I am with DNF. Graphics and loading time doesn't make a game (while loading screens can get annoying) it's all about have fun while playing it.
List of XBLA Games - Updated 9/5/11
150 Xbox 360 Retail Games Owned Social Group / X360A Exclusive Platinum Game Collectors
AltruismIsDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 11:38 PM   #34
JoshM20

JoshM20's Gamercard
Those who can't do, review.... I love people who just go on and bitch about games and how they would do it so much better.... really... When is the last time you developed a game

Anyway, This game is not nearly as bad as most people are saying it is. Yea, the load time are a little long but not enough to complain about. Anyone remember when playstation first hit the scene, I use to think about blowin my brains out waiting lol...

I think the reason most people are hating onthis game is they may have not played many duke games in the past or realise how the game is supose to feel. There are some things that are annoying but considering all the things you get to interact with and the dialouge I enjoyed it alot.

It is not meant to play like most FPS i.e cod or halo...

I have played so many pos games that got amazing reviews it's stupid and a sh!t ton of games that got bad reviews and were a lot better than most.

I think most people make the mistake of going and reading reviews and getting " This game is gonna fucking suck" stuck in their head before they play it. So when they actually play the game they just notice the flaws.

Anyway as far as bitching, my complaint is that so many people fucking complain about a game that they have not played yet.

Let the hate resume.

Lates
JoshM20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 02:07 AM   #35
KamikazeZumbie

Kamikaze Zumbie's Gamercard
As much as I hate to admit, this game is pretty awful. It's not nearly as bad as the reviews are saying, but it's pretty bad.

- Long load times.
- Terrible level design on most levels.
- The humor is not anywhere close to being funny.
- Rape? Seriously?

Thanks to Gman2 for the awesome sig!
KamikazeZumbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 04:27 AM   #36
Nitnoid

haZZmaTTaZZ's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I dunno, to me, it feels more like a CoD wannabe. VERY linear in its approach, not like the duke of old. DN-3d had more of a level design, where you could kill all enemies and go back and look for secret rooms and just goof off before advancing to the next level. Am I wrong in feeling this way? Feels like they totally abandoned the original duke...
Nitnoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 06:37 AM   #37
Stickman400

The only bitch I have is the damn loading screens and the stupid air hockey game achievement. Am I the only one having trouble with this stupid fucking achievement? The controls are so laggy that you can't play it right, and the physics don't help the situation either. Half the time I score on myself and have to start over.

Stickman400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 07:23 AM   #38
WarriorPriest13

Send a message via AIM to WarriorPriest13

WarriorPriest13's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Gold   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitnoid View Post
I dunno, to me, it feels more like a CoD wannabe. VERY linear in its approach, not like the duke of old. DN-3d had more of a level design, where you could kill all enemies and go back and look for secret rooms and just goof off before advancing to the next level. Am I wrong in feeling this way? Feels like they totally abandoned the original duke...

Well DNF was in the works long before COD was even thought of. So wouldn't that make COD the wannabe???
Old 06-18-2011, 02:18 PM   #39
Jerric

jerric's Gamercard
i agree most fps are bull**** clones of eachother and i really dont get the hype. Crysis was the only one i played that i actally enjoyed, and thats more or less because the "suit" concept is badass, even if they could have done it better like vanquish. That being said, I die way too fast on normal mode. I feel like im fighting the controlls, which may be nostalgic but unnecisary and frustrating. I love this game just like i did the others, but i hate dying on a boss 5 times with 3-5 min load times between before finally winning. Games where your health depletes quickly usually have a cover system, but in this care there's rarely cover and most enemies rush you, and some fights feel like its too steep an uphill fight, but maybe i just need to get better at it. Currently on "Bitch Queen" and had to take a break before breaking my controller.
Jerric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 02:35 PM   #40
Nitnoid

haZZmaTTaZZ's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorPriest13 View Post
Well DNF was in the works long before COD was even thought of. So wouldn't that make COD the wannabe???
You could certainly look at it that way, but I'm wondering if the original intent was a level design and then after the success of CoD, decided the linear, point to point game was more popular? To give new gamers something they like and are familiar with? I just think the whole duke/doom/wolfenstein concept is gone...
Old 06-18-2011, 03:34 PM   #41
WarriorPriest13

Send a message via AIM to WarriorPriest13

WarriorPriest13's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Gold   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitnoid View Post
You could certainly look at it that way, but I'm wondering if the original intent was a level design and then after the success of CoD, decided the linear, point to point game was more popular? To give new gamers something they like and are familiar with? I just think the whole duke/doom/wolfenstein concept is gone...

So what you are saying based on the layout of the maps for the levels they went back in and put barriers so you could only go a certain way?? I could see that as a possibility. It feels though they worked more just to get the game to out there for the die hard fans then to go in and change 40ish percent of the level design but that's just my opinion.

On topic I hate the load time but I gotten use to it.
Old 06-18-2011, 04:49 PM   #42
Nitnoid

haZZmaTTaZZ's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorPriest13 View Post
So what you are saying based on the layout of the maps for the levels they went back in and put barriers so you could only go a certain way?? I could see that as a possibility. It feels though they worked more just to get the game to out there for the die hard fans then to go in and change 40ish percent of the level design but that's just my opinion.

On topic I hate the load time but I gotten use to it.
In a way, yes. Almost like they made "mini" levels (like corridors) instead of an overall map like duke 3d. Imagine the load times if they did it that way!
Old 06-18-2011, 04:49 PM   #43
edb87

edb87's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateTT66 View Post
super slow load times...
This...this 100X over.
edb87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 05:58 PM   #44
hype

IncredibleHype's Gamercard
i don't know about anyone else, but...i would personally like to slap the shit out of the person who said Duke's a COD wannabe.

hijo del maliante puro.
hype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 12:28 AM   #45
Nitnoid

haZZmaTTaZZ's Gamercard

Slap me baby!
Old 06-19-2011, 11:39 PM   #46
Mr Schultz

MR SCHULTZ's Gamercard
Omg, this stupid f'ing underwater bit is getting on my goddamn nerves.
Little buggers swarming me, while I'm drowning at the same time.

Has anyone mentioned the 1 minute load times? ...

Mr Schultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 02:01 AM   #47
Cry5741ized

Cry5741ized's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkReign2021 View Post
Worst part of DNF? The people that sit here and complain about how horrible this game is. After my time spent with the Single Player and Multiplayer components, I can safely say that no matter how dated this game is, it's still 10x more enjoyable than any of these "record selling" Call of Duty games that the whole industry has gone stupid over. (Have fun paying $60 for the same game you get every year. I'll be enjoying my Duke Nukem and looking forward to DLC and sequels.)
This. Is. The single. BEST. Comment. Ever.

I really actually enjoyed this game, you all act like it is some basses new revolution in gaming, but this is all nostalgic, this game wasn't made last year, and USB another rehash (CoD), it's what we would've gotten 12 years ago, this wasn't made by Getbox, they RELEASED it.
Cry5741ized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 04:00 AM   #48
deadmaninc22

Double O Zombie's Gamercard
Ladies and Gentlemen................loading times..............that is all.

GNR for life!!!!!!
deadmaninc22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 01:24 AM   #49
kyboy

Send a message via Yahoo to kyboy

xZombieROBx's Gamercard

my ONLY complaint is loading times.. but there not horrible either. im loving this, it takes me back to when i was 11-12 yrs old... having FUN playing the game..

oh an the freakin pin ball achievement, i think that one achievement is gona stop me from 100% this... an the MP is so old school its awesome! lol

Thanks to DethHolly for the "Super" sig!!
kyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 01:13 PM   #50
EliteShadowMan

EliteShadowMan's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyboy View Post
my ONLY complaint is loading times.. but there not horrible either. im loving this, it takes me back to when i was 11-12 yrs old... having FUN playing the game..

oh an the freakin pin ball achievement, i think that one achievement is gona stop me from 100% this... an the MP is so old school its awesome! lol
theres an easy trick to get the pinball achievement, just go look for it in the guide or something.
Old 06-24-2011, 06:39 AM   #51
DOA_Rose

doarose's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killbomb View Post
Why should the devs allow you to get achievements while using cheats? It defeats the whole purpose of them. Then again, maybe you'd like every game to just have 1 achievement worth 1000G for pressing start at the main menu.

I BARELY beat the game on easy, and there were many points that were so frustrating I wanted to kill myself. I'm autistic and have a lot of trouble with most games. Besides, in most cases cheats merely give you an edge and don't take all the difficulty out. If cheats are such an issue, then maybe the difficulty should be more fair....or at least, they could not have difficulty achievements. I don't want achievements for starting/pausing/continuing a game, I want CREATIVE achievements.
Old 06-25-2011, 01:41 AM   #52
Birdassasin

Birdassasin's Gamercard
My 3 main complains:

1. Load times
2. Controls
3. Some overpowered enemies (Damn you Octobrains! DAMN YOU TO HELL!)

That is all.

100% Retails:
Sonic Generations, Viva Piņata, Splatterhouse, Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Alone In The Dark, Lego Batman, Tekken 6, Rock Band 2, Asssassins Creed 2, Dead Space, Call Of Duty 4, DJ Hero, Saw, King Kong

100% Arcade:
Soul Calibur, Zombie Apocalypse, Harm's Way, Doritos Crash Course, Castlevania: Symphony Of The Night
Birdassasin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 01:45 AM   #53
FeatherbottomMR

people complain it is life......
FeatherbottomMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 04:45 AM   #54
Genetic Carnage

K1LLING J0KE's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshM20 View Post
Those who can't do, review.... I love people who just go on and bitch about games and how they would do it so much better.... really... When is the last time you developed a game
This is the stupidest damn thing I've ever heard. I don't like how Michael Jordan plays basketball, but since I don't play professional basketball, I have no right to complain.

Last edited by Genetic Carnage; 06-26-2011 at 08:21 AM.
Genetic Carnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 04:18 PM   #55
Sgt Scyther

Sgt Scyther's Gamercard
Let me just say that I didn't expect Duke Nukem Forever to be the second coming of Christ in video game form. I thought it was getting all the hate it was getting because that's what everyone was expecting, which seemed unfair to me. So I went into Duke Nukem Forever giving it the benefit of the doubt thinking it would be mediocre at best.

But it turns out all the hate is justified. The controls suck, the graphics suck, the load times suck, the writing isn't all that funny, the level design sucks, the aiming sucks--this is just a bad game. Period.

I can overlook a game's flaws if it makes up for it in other ways (Deadly Premonition, for example, is one of my favorite games of this gen and that game is far from perfect). But I wasn't getting any enjoyment from playing Duke Nukem Forever at all. I just got Duke Nukem 3D instead. I found it far more enjoyable.

Oh, and I'm not hating on Duke Nukem Forever because it isn't Call of Duty. I don't give two shits about Call of Duty.

Last Completed Retail: BioShock Infinite
Last Completed Arcade: Sonic the Fighters
Nothing personal, but I do not accept random friend requests.

Last edited by Sgt Scyther; 06-26-2011 at 04:21 PM.
Sgt Scyther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 01:43 AM   #56
deepinthemosh

deepinthemosh's Gamercard
For all the bitching people have been doing about how bad this game, then you just don't understand what Duke Nukem games are all about. He has always been the cheap mans Doom minus inclusion of the Serious Sam series. Overall, I had fun with the game as long as you go into it with no expectations. If you can do that, your going to have a great time.
deepinthemosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 02:02 AM   #57
DeanBriggz

B1zuk's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepinthemosh View Post
For all the bitching people have been doing about how bad this game, then you just don't understand what Duke Nukem games are all about.
Yawn. Stop talking crap, please.

DeanBriggz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 04:30 AM   #58
Verdinial
Banned User

TF x Redemption's Gamercard
The loading screens, as mentioned by others piss me off to no extent, it's a difficult game in which you die a lot, it can't be helped, but sitting through these loading screens is making me go insane.
Verdinial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 06:48 AM   #59
Nithilius

xHairyCleavagex's Gamercard
This game was a big disappointment really. Not worth $65. I would continuasly find myself fighting a boss for hours on end because I would die in the matter of one or two hiits while putting all my 1911 ammo into a berserk pig cop that's hitting non stop and I can't do anything except take it. And then proceed to wait through twenty minutes of load time. And then continue through the endless loop.

Any ideas on how to beat the octaking part two. Cause 2k games really butt fucked you there. No cover. The octaking kills you in two hits. Amd if you managed to survive him. You have to deal with the invincible smaller octabrains. Completely outrages.

Humorous at time, but overall not a fun game. A waste of 14 years imo.
Nithilius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 03:46 AM   #60
hype

IncredibleHype's Gamercard
lmao COD's not the same every year. the story's always different, the multiplayer has new shit each time. the only thing that practically remains constant is the guns & the ominous objective of the multiplayer aspect. by your logic, every game that comes out has some type of replication from a previous...fighting games, rpgs, etc. however i see your point & touche.

if any gotdamn games are the exact same year to year, it's sports games. i finally woke the fuck up around 2k6, realizing the gotdamn plays are the same, as are the players, just some on different teams & a new dickhead on the cover of the game. haven't bought another sports game since.

hijo del maliante puro.
hype is offline   Reply With Quote