PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Duke Nukem Forever
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-01-2011, 04:40 PM   #61
Eighty 0ne

Eighty 0ne's Gamercard
I'm pretty disappointed. I've been waiting years for a great follow up to the original, but this isn't it. This game is, for lack of a better word, boring. The action sequences are boring, the driving sequences are boring. I just did not enjoy this at all.
Eighty 0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 07:14 PM   #62
Black Metal Christmas

suicide by taco's Gamercard
If they took the Driving/platforming/underwater section out and just focused on giving a better shooting experience it could of better a tad bit better.
Black Metal Christmas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 04:22 AM   #63
x GrumpyNinja x

x GrumpyNinja x's Gamercard
i thought it was a cool game. the loading times were long but its all good. achevs were easy but dont think im going to be playing through on insane. but im not sure yet. i just might give it a try. maybe.
x GrumpyNinja x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 05:27 AM   #64
jihadileet

JihadiLeet's Gamercard
rock sockem nukem dukem

Incredibly slow load times and some frustrating level mechanics. Other than that its good fun.
Old 07-02-2011, 06:11 AM   #65
CrownlessKing

Send a message via MSN to CrownlessKing

FJMatlock's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOA_Rose View Post
I BARELY beat the game on easy, and there were many points that were so frustrating I wanted to kill myself. I'm autistic and have a lot of trouble with most games. Besides, in most cases cheats merely give you an edge and don't take all the difficulty out. If cheats are such an issue, then maybe the difficulty should be more fair....or at least, they could not have difficulty achievements. I don't want achievements for starting/pausing/continuing a game, I want CREATIVE achievements.
If you're having a hard time with this game on Easy you should reconsider playing shooters. The difficulty in this game is fair. It's not the dev's fault if you can't handle the harder difficulties.
CrownlessKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 08:19 AM   #66
fishtripper

fishtripper's Gamercard
The loading of course. but what really sucks is when the stage boss shows up and stands there and won't move and there health bar never shows up so you can't kill them.so you have to reload from last check point and hope that the boss shows up and you can actually fight him. I don't have a problem with all the one-liners cause that was what was great about duke, and of course he's sexist.
Old 07-13-2011, 07:14 AM   #67
hypermetalsonic

HyperMetalSonic's Gamercard
I honestly didnt think this game was that bad.. I've played worst.
Load times where hell though. Only played 360 version cause I wanted it to pair up with my Duke Nukem 3D achieves

Online is just stupid though...

I really wasnt that bored at all. Guess I'm easy to please
hypermetalsonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 09:25 AM   #68
Optomistic

timutimu's Gamercard
The only people who like this are fanboys. Forget the fact that this is a Duke Nukem game, forget that this dwelled in dev hell for the longest time ever, and what you have is a mediocre game, relying on past glories to boost it's profile. I really wanted to enjoy this, and ignored all the criticism, but Duke simply couldn't stand toe to toe with all the other FPS games out there.
Try again I say, don't give up on Duke, but bring him into the present. Duke carried too much baggage with him in "forever", and into a market saturated with COD's and Battlefronts and MOH's.

Limbo, Catan, Yu Gi Oh!, Hexic, Sonic adventure, SSF2HDR
Optomistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 04:10 AM   #69
Breedhate68

breedhate68's Gamercard
wow

I've never gotten so bored of a game so quick, I bought duke, alice: Madness returns, the sabateur and LA Noire all at once. Ive gotten to vegas in ruins before I tossed game aside for a trade in. The other 3 games were 1000 times more interesting and 1000 achievements on all. This is the biggest disappointment I've had since Marvel Alliance 2
Breedhate68 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 02:04 AM   #70
seanzilla

seanzilla7707's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkReign2021 View Post
Worst part of DNF? The people that sit here and complain about how horrible this game is. After my time spent with the Single Player and Multiplayer components, I can safely say that no matter how dated this game is, it's still 10x more enjoyable than any of these "record selling" Call of Duty games that the whole industry has gone stupid over. (Have fun paying $60 for the same game you get every year. I'll be enjoying my Duke Nukem and looking forward to DLC and sequels.)

I totally agree with this.
seanzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 04:54 AM   #71
Hoffasgrave

Send a message via AIM to Hoffasgrave

Hoffasgrave's Gamercard
the load times didn't really bother me, to me some was boring. The only thing that made this a duke game was just duke.. the rest was ehh nothing and my only gripe with it is that after 12 years or how ever long I shouldn't feel like I'm playing something that feels like playing a shitty PS2 game with graphic to match..

Online, I just hate it, that feels like I'm playing on a NES more then a 360. most matches turn into one sided when the other teams have 25-30lvls players and the others have a bunch of 1-10lvls. after that it turns in to a spawn/diere-spawn and die more.

I was really hoping for more from this but like most gaming things in todays age it falls short, I plan to tell everyone I know to NOT get this steamer, if they didn't get tricked to already(I'm glad I barrowed it and not waste good hard $$)

Hoffasgrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 05:16 AM   #72
TheUglyCasanova

TheUglyCasan0va's Gamercard
How horribly laggy this part of the game is where I'm running up a mine with explosive barrels flying at me. What the fuck. It's one thing to do that, but it's entirely another when the FPS drops to like 15 during this part making it way too hard to dodge fucking barrels. Just imagine if the original Donkey Kong lagged this bad lol.

Oh well, I can't complain, it was one of my many many free Blockbuster rentals. I knew it would be shit, but it was better than I expected...except for this 15 fps shit. And yes I know I could install it to the HD and it would probably be fine. But considering I want to return it for a new game tomorrow, I just want it over.
TheUglyCasanova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 12:17 PM   #73
LeetAsSin

Leet As Sin's Gamercard
Mini games suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PINBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG ... HOW MANY TIMES DID I GET TO OVER 600k THEN SUDDENLY THE FLIPPERS JUST BROKE!!!!!!! YEAH, THEY JUST STOPPED WORKING

THEN I PLAYED AIR HOCKEY AND GOT 7-1 GAMES CONSTANTLY BECAUSE THE GAMES PHYSICS ARE CLEARLY BROKEN!!!!!!!!!!!! GO TO HIT THE PUCK - PUCK DISAPPEARS FOR 30 SECOND AND REAPPEARS ON TABLE NOW THE GUY HAS A SCORE OF 1 ... WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOT TO MENTION POOL HOW FRUSTRATING WAS THAT FOR JUST ONE EGO BOOST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ALL THE MINI GAMES WERE LIKE THIS, DUKE YOU AND YOUR GAME FOREVER GO IN THE HALL OF SHAME, YOU SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH WAIT ONE LAST THING - WHO COULD EVER FORGET THE ICONIC LOAD TIMES - FML RIGHT?

Last edited by LeetAsSin; 07-19-2011 at 12:19 PM.
LeetAsSin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 11:10 PM   #74
Darkforce412

darkforce412's Gamercard
only loading was annoying
Old 07-22-2011, 03:12 AM   #75
veece16

Chilled Eclipse's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
The loading times weren't really that bad, until I started playing on insane and died every 10 seconds. Other than that, the laggy boss fights, horribly designed mini games, and over used one liners, I had fun.
veece16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 02:43 AM   #76
Xenolith666

Xenolith666's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Road Map - Silver   Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Gackt   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Gold   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
If this game had come out on the original Xbox... I would have been ok with it. It took 12 years to come up with this? Even the Unreal Tech was bad.

Xenolith666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 12:11 AM   #77
shadowr4ven

Shadow XBL's Gamercard
loading times are ridiculous. If not for those it might be a fun game. But half the time I'm waiting for a death or a level change to load.
shadowr4ven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 05:55 PM   #78
whitewolf11761

Send a message via Yahoo to whitewolf11761 Send a message via Skype™ to whitewolf11761

D3ment3d's Gamercard
My gripe is about the reviews of this game. I did not see one good review of this game, x360a included, and this is one of the most fun, and most challenging games I have ever played. So why did it only get and average review of 50ish out of 100? If you are experiencing slow load times with the game, there is an easy fix to that. I cut my load times in half, and it only took me long enough to install the game to my hard drive. Before you complain about something try to fix it first! Life lesson of the day.
Old 07-29-2011, 06:54 PM   #79
Xenolith666

Xenolith666's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Road Map - Silver   Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Gackt   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Gold   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitewolf11761 View Post
My gripe is about the reviews of this game. I did not see one good review of this game, x360a included, and this is one of the most fun, and most challenging games I have ever played. So why did it only get and average review of 50ish out of 100? If you are experiencing slow load times with the game, there is an easy fix to that. I cut my load times in half, and it only took me long enough to install the game to my hard drive. Before you complain about something try to fix it first! Life lesson of the day.
you need to play more games.. the reviews were bad because the game was bad.. everything was shoddy with this game, the graphics, mechanics, the trash talk of other, superior games, the bullshit hit detection on some enemies. This game was poor!

Xenolith666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 07:37 PM   #80
GILLHUHN

GILLHUHN's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenolith666 View Post
you need to play more games.. the reviews were bad because the game was bad.. everything was shoddy with this game, the graphics, mechanics, the trash talk of other, superior games, the bullshit hit detection on some enemies. This game was poor!
No the games not really bad hell its one of the best i have played why you may wonder because its FUN. something that to many games now a days forget about.
GILLHUHN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 07:43 PM   #81
pandaliamcod6

xG i GeNoCiDeZ's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by GILLHUHN View Post
No the games not really bad hell its one of the best i have played why you may wonder because its FUN. something that to many games now a days forget about.
I agree i played crysis 2 before this, sure that had top technology, but what it was lacking in was being fun. Love getting the challenges on multiplayer with my mates.

50,000 G 28/01/2013
pandaliamcod6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 02:01 AM   #82
Trombonafide

Trombonafide's Gamercard
To those who keep saying the game is fun, I'm sorry but the shitty controls, awful puzzles, and minute long load times (which take up more time than actual play on Insane mode) really take the fun away.

Retail 100%: 97
Arcade 100%: 55
Retail 1000+: 21

Latest Completions:
Grand Theft Auto V - 11/11/13
Gears of War: Judgment - 10/09/13
Wordament (Android) - 10/06/13

150k - 12/20/12
160k - 04/11/13
170k - 07/29/13
Trombonafide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 03:33 AM   #83
Wildmn34

Wildmn34's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Well, I tried this one today. And, I just didn't like it. It got pretty boring for me and the controls seemed rather sluggish. And, of course, load times were ridiculous even with it installed on my HD.

I stopped at 200 achievements. I have other games that can take up my gaming time. This isn't one of them. It's going back tomorrow. Thank god for getting it used.

Thanks Rajeanero for the awesome work.
Wildmn34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 02:28 PM   #84
robcmc32

robcmc32's Gamercard
simple bitch here: if you havent played the original, forget this game. if you have, you are likely to enjoy it. I bought it to see what it was like and it was terrible, the loads times, graphics, gameplay. The G is ok to get, but it isnt exactly fun to do
robcmc32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 06:12 PM   #85
T0b3

Send a message via ICQ to T0b3 Send a message via AIM to T0b3 Send a message via MSN to T0b3 Send a message via Yahoo to T0b3 Send a message via Skype™ to T0b3

t0b3 zero's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Gold   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
"Sir, DNF is almost done"
"Well then release it already!"
"But sir, shouldn't we at least run some beta testing?"
"Why would we do that?"
"Uhm.. best example would be the fact that you can cook a complete dinner while one level is loading"
"Screw that, the hell load of boobies will make up for that"
"Uhm, Sir.."
"I SAID BOOBS!"

This must be the dialogue that happened between publisher and developer.

100% Retail:
44 | 100% Arcade: 92
trueachievements
99999 GS achieved 09/07/2011
T0b3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 08:33 AM   #86
The Big Badd

the big badd's Gamercard
I could give a toss to what graphics look like. I grew up playing doom, quake, the old dukes, serious sam, and still have myself a nice classic doom session every so often. This game is souless and boring. If it would have came out 7 years ago, it would have been boring. I did chuckle a couple times at the humor, but that is sadly about the only joy I find in this game
The Big Badd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 10:21 PM   #87
Gareth Dent

Send a message via MSN to Gareth Dent Send a message via Skype™ to Gareth Dent

Gareth Dent's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeetAsSin View Post
PINBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG ... HOW MANY TIMES DID I GET TO OVER 600k THEN SUDDENLY THE FLIPPERS JUST BROKE!!!!!!! YEAH, THEY JUST STOPPED WORKING

THEN I PLAYED AIR HOCKEY AND GOT 7-1 GAMES CONSTANTLY BECAUSE THE GAMES PHYSICS ARE CLEARLY BROKEN!!!!!!!!!!!! GO TO HIT THE PUCK - PUCK DISAPPEARS FOR 30 SECOND AND REAPPEARS ON TABLE NOW THE GUY HAS A SCORE OF 1 ... WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOT TO MENTION POOL HOW FRUSTRATING WAS THAT FOR JUST ONE EGO BOOST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ALL THE MINI GAMES WERE LIKE THIS, DUKE YOU AND YOUR GAME FOREVER GO IN THE HALL OF SHAME, YOU SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH WAIT ONE LAST THING - WHO COULD EVER FORGET THE ICONIC LOAD TIMES - FML RIGHT?
Ah young man i sence that your mother bought your game for you, heres an update - Cap-locks are no longer a cruise control for cool.

I think your problems are with gamerscore and not so much with the game because for the most part the mini games run smoothly and i actually enjoyed pinball before attempting the 1M achievement. The free PC version of Balls of Steel is actually a really great game, the fact that they even added it into DNF is a bonus and quite a little shoutout to the bedroom developers.

Other then that, only thing DNF has is 'Excuses' because i could say this game started development in 1997 and if this game came out around then with worser graphics then it woulda rocked anybodys socks off. I think the gamers of today are too used to CoD being the norm of shooters now. Most shooters back in the day had platforming and various other elements thrown in to keep the game from getting stale, it was back when children under the age of 18 wern't allowed to play Dukes egotistical sexist adventures. Duke Nukem 3D + Doom we're probably the equivelent of Halo + CoD today paving the way for FPS as a genre.

Now i don't expect Duke Nukem to be well recieved today because the original fanbase has now already grown up and moved on & anybody who plays 3D today will probably think thats garbage too, all i can say is that Duke Nukem as a sequal to 3D lives up to its name.
Duke Nukem toe to toe with the CoD franchise has no contest because i don't recall Soap Mctavish driving his monster truck around.

/Rant

"We all have secrets; the ones we keep, and the ones that are kept from us."
Gifts
-EaT-
djunglist
VelocityGFX
Quote:
Originally Posted by TentacleTherapist View Post
This thread is now basically a 'Gareth is awesome thread'.

Last edited by Gareth Dent; 08-23-2011 at 10:45 PM.
Gareth Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 05:50 AM   #88
Cooljoe

Bear5 Fan 4Ever's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Let's see... I would LOVE to play this game, have it in my possession, but guess what? Guess! A fucking black screen prevents me from doing so I'm right after dome part 1. Any ideas people help plz
Cooljoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 10:29 PM   #89
insaneL0V3RB0Y

insaneL0V3RB0Y's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by hype View Post
i don't really have any gripes other than the loading times. i came in this knowing what to expect for many reasons...

1. i've played the other Duke Nukem games, so i know how cumbersome certain shit can be at a point.

2. i didn't expect it to be like "OMFG, nu shewterszsz, mum plx plox can i hasz??!!...gunna b teh gr8tis gayme of teh summersz!!" as some people apparently did.

3. i knew it was more primarily for nostalgic/humor purposes (much like Eat Lead) than an actual serious shooter (i.e. Call of Duty, Halo, etc.)

people are bitching about the most ridiculous shit in video games. i mean if you've followed ANYTHING about this game within the past few fucking years, you'd know it LOOKS average quality for a fucking reason. it wasn't MEANT to be "mindfucking gotdamn greatest 1080p quality you've ever seen with your shitty eyeballs!!!", yet a nostalgic feel/look reminiscent of the previous Nukem games.

i mean seriously folks...get a fucking grip. if u want uber 2160p graphics, go the fuck outside for a while & get a glimpse of things that actually fucking exist, like PEOPLE & BUILDINGS. 3D enough for u?

as far as everything else, it still feels like the older Nukem games to me, even the fucked up controls, which i DIDN'T expect, but oh well. no me importa. this is what they make GameFly for. if u feel like u wasted $60 on it because u just absolutely fuckin had to have it at launch...tough shit. maybe next time you'll wait for a review, rent it or try other venues before opting to be the very first one of your geek fucking friends to have a game so u can look cool saying u have it...

*edit i'm also guessing 90% of the whiny babies will be age ranged 13-17, maybe 18...so they won't even understand what Nukem's all about & probably bought it/had their mother buy it because other people were talking about it. pretty sure most of the people (notice i said MOST, not ALL) aged 24+ will appreciate it for what it's worth so far, if they in fact enjoyed other Nukem titles.
well put yes i do enjoy this very much

insaneL0V3RB0Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 04:52 AM   #90
MREHUSTLER

MREHUSTLER's Gamercard
The load times for this game are f-ing ridiculous. Even with the game installed on the hard drive I was still staring at the load screen for 30 to 45 seconds. Really had to cowboy up to finish this thing on Insane.
MREHUSTLER is offline   Reply With Quote