PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Card and Board > Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers 2012
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-19-2011, 08:39 PM   #1
Hoborg
Banned User

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Disappointed

Really disappointed in this iteration. Archenemy mode is whack and unfun, and then there's the broke AI. I spent over an hour last night trying to beat the vampire deck. Finally had to crank it down to easy just to beat the damn thing.

What's good is we can finally edit the decks and remove core cards. Just feels like a missed opportunity with all the cheese. Way too hard imo.
Hoborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 01:22 AM   #2
Skode

Skode's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoborg View Post
Really disappointed in this iteration. Archenemy mode is whack and unfun, and then there's the broke AI. I spent over an hour last night trying to beat the vampire deck. Finally had to crank it down to easy just to beat the damn thing.

What's good is we can finally edit the decks and remove core cards. Just feels like a missed opportunity with all the cheese. Way too hard imo.
Did you play with friends... ive been having a blast with those mode by doing just that. I really think its not at all catered for single play and lacks a lot of fun by trying to do so - i mean you can even invite your friends to play your campaign Archenemy battles with you so its clearly WotC intention that it be a multiplayer based gamemode.
Skode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 07:38 AM   #3
Cav Clayton

The AI is pretty ridiculous. 9/10 they just get perfect draws and ridiculous luck, the other time they get absolutely smashed.

Still, multiplayer is where it's all at.
Old 06-20-2011, 08:09 AM   #4
WonderCaliban

WonderCaliban's Gamercard
As much as I'm enjoying the game I got to agree I am a bit disappointed. There are still a few gameplay annoyances (like not being able to choose which lands to tap in a mixed deck) that haven't been addressed.

Also I am still disapointed that we can't have more control over the decks and build one from scratch. I don't see why there aren't two options in online, one with the core decks and one with totally custom decks.

I like the new cards and Archenemy mode is interesting, but I can't help but feel that this could have been a bit more of an improvement on the last one.

Still a great game though and well worth 800 points.
Old 06-20-2011, 09:15 AM   #5
Azn Playah

Azn Playah's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
As it's been mentioned before, they won't ever have complete custom decks since they already have mtg online where you have to actually buy boosters and then can build your decks. Unless they decide to start including way more cards and start charging MSP for packs, they aren't going to just let us build custom decks for only 800 MSP when they're making way more money off their other game.
Azn Playah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 09:34 AM   #6
WonderCaliban

WonderCaliban's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azn Playah View Post
As it's been mentioned before, they won't ever have complete custom decks since they already have mtg online where you have to actually buy boosters and then can build your decks. Unless they decide to start including way more cards and start charging MSP for packs, they aren't going to just let us build custom decks for only 800 MSP when they're making way more money off their other game.
Yeah, but that has a much, much bigger range of cards than this game. This game doesn't have the same sort of choice of rare cards. It would be good just to take all the cards in this game and be able to build a deck from scratch. mtg online would still be much more comprehensive.

I think it would encourage new people more as building your own deck and working it out for yourself is half the fun.

As long as you had 2 online modes, one for standard decks and one for custom decks, I don't see the problem.
Old 06-20-2011, 09:39 AM   #7
Perax

Send a message via MSN to Perax

Perax's Gamercard
I never had any problem to beat anyone even in Archenemy mode, sure it happens to get smashed, but nothing really frustrating at all.

I'm loving this Magic 2012 and i think the only problem is with the mana spent, like Wonder Caliban said:
"There are still a few gameplay annoyances (like not being able to choose which lands to tap in a mixed deck) that haven't been addressed."

Perax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 06:47 PM   #8
theNomad

PureNomad's Gamercard
I've not played with a mixed colour deck yet so not encountered the mixed mana problem. The thing I've noticed though is sometimes the AI's are a little dumb, they can have 7x 1/1 cards and not attack if you are holding 1x 1/2 card or higher. Its my first time playing any MTG so I've had heaps of fun and its rightly pointed out the games best with real opponents and team mates.
theNomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 06:57 AM   #9
Cav Clayton

^ It's pretty annoying when they tap that extra mountain so you can't pump your furnace whelp, or that extra forest so you can regenerate more than one guy, etc..
Old 06-21-2011, 07:32 AM   #10
Farsight

Tweakee's Gamercard
The amount of control we have works for me. Just being able to remove "core deck" cards improves things a great deal over the old game.

There's a few bugs to be patched away, but overall this is a huge upgrade from the last version.
Farsight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 07:37 AM   #11
Schism

Schism Octopus's Gamercard

I admit its hard..but its a good challenge (: only thing I dislike is that fact you cant choose your mana and the fact you cant really "help" your team as much as you can in archenemy. If the arch attacks someone with no creatures you cant even help him defend by blocking with your own, even though he is on your team.
Old 06-23-2011, 11:36 AM   #12
Vigor

vigor mortivore's Gamercard

I'm just sad to see they still use this little arcade game as a fucking billboard for their websites and the fact that they shipped it with only 1 table!

1!!
Vigor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 06:03 PM   #13
HLR zdmetal

Send a message via MSN to HLR zdmetal

AG zdmetal's Gamercard
The only time I had trouble winning was the first campaign duel, I swear it took me 5+ tries. The rest seemed to be really easy though, but I probably just got lucky. I've only tried 1 Archenemy game so far and I managed to win. I really like the game, it's much better than the first in my opinion.