PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > F.E.A.R. 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-19-2011, 09:02 PM   #1
litepink

litepink's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Submit - Platinum   Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
F.E.A.R. 3 part of Toys R US 2 for $50 sale

2nd Update: I went in-store today to do this deal again, and they claim the deal was a mistake, and it should be "Buy Two games get a $50 gift card" They made an exception for me because I gave them a sob story, but it looks like this deal has been NERFED

------------
Looking to get Fear 3 Tuesday? Well this and 5 other games are part of a 2 for $50 sale at Toys R Us. [UPDATE: THE DEAL IS NO LONGER ACTIVE ONLINE AS OF MONDAY AFTERNOON. I bought Brink and Blops yesterday in-store, and others proclaim the in-store deal lasts until Saturday]

The 6 games include:
FEAR 3 (avail Tues)
LA Noire
Brink
Portal 2
Mortal Kombat
Call of Duty: Black Ops

I think it's nuts that you can get a New Release and one other popular recent release for less than the MSRP of one game.

Achievement Guides by litepink™
Angry Birds WP7 | Arkanoid Live! | Asteroids Deluxe WP7 | Darwinia+ | Doodle Jump | Guitar Hero 5 | Kinect Adventures | Kinect Sports: Season Two | Lego Harry Potter | Lunar Lander WP7 | MLB 2K10 | Otomedius G | Pac-Man CE DX WP7 | Rainbow Islands | Rock Band Metal Track Pack | Scott Pilgrim | Tecmo Bowl | Tiger ‘10 | Tiger ‘11

Last edited by litepink; 06-21-2011 at 05:41 PM.
litepink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 09:09 PM   #2
Jagermeister TX

JAGERMEISTER TX's Gamercard
Great find. Amazing deal!

http://www.trueachievements.com for all your boosting needs. P.S. - I referred you ;-)
Jagermeister TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 10:38 PM   #3
Lone Soldier x7

Lone Soldier x7's Gamercard
Nice find! I'm going to get 2 of them and sell them on ebay!
Lone Soldier x7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 11:17 PM   #4
institutions

Send a message via MSN to institutions

institutions's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by litepink View Post
Looking to get Fear 3 Tuesday? Well this and 5 other games are part of a 2 for $50 sale at Toys R Us. The 6 games include:

FEAR 3 (avail Tues)
LA Noire
Brink
Portal 2
Mortal Kombat
Call of Duty: Black Ops

I think it's nuts that you can get a New Release and one other popular recent release for less than the MSRP of one game.
Fear 3 and LA Noire are literally the only games I care about on that list...
and I just ordered LA Noire a few hours ago from Amazon

institutions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 12:15 AM   #5
rockhopper

Doomed Smurf's Gamercard
That's an insane deal! I already have all the games on that list except for Brink which I don't care about at all. I wasn't interested in buying Fear 3 (was going to rent it), but with this deal, I could potentially buy 2 copies of Fear 3, and go sell one that day on Craigslist for my money back and still have one left to play. Beat that real fast and trade it into Gamestop for $25-30 more.

PS3 ID:
rockhopper78

Retail (original 1000) & more:
Arcade (original 200) & more: 44
rockhopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 02:07 AM   #6
litepink

litepink's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Submit - Platinum   Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Gamer Chick!
Yes, like some of you were thinking here, if FEAR 3 was the only game you planned on getting, get another copy and sell it/trade it in. The 2nd hand market for all these games will obviously take a hit, but I would think one copy of F3AR would get 30-40 profit on ebay, or could get 22-30 credit at gamestop.

Angry Birds WP7 | Arkanoid Live! | Asteroids Deluxe WP7 | Darwinia+ | Doodle Jump | Guitar Hero 5 | Kinect Adventures | Kinect Sports: Season Two | Lego Harry Potter | Lunar Lander WP7 | MLB 2K10 | Otomedius G | Pac-Man CE DX WP7 | Rainbow Islands | Rock Band Metal Track Pack | Scott Pilgrim | Tecmo Bowl | Tiger ‘10 | Tiger ‘11
Old 06-20-2011, 03:39 AM   #7
x RadicalAura x
Banned User

x RadicalAura x's Gamercard
Just ordered a 360 and PS3 version! I will return the PS3 version to Walmart (unopened) and get a gift card to get the next game I want!
x RadicalAura x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 06:22 AM   #8
smokevf

lxEPiCxBEASTxl's Gamercard
How does that work it says 2 for 50 but you click details and says must buy 2 items. If you buy one will you get the other for free or how does that work
smokevf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 05:38 PM   #9
litepink

litepink's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokevf View Post
How does that work it says 2 for 50 but you click details and says must buy 2 items. If you buy one will you get the other for free or how does that work
Well, TRU.com seems to no longer have the deal, but the actual stores are still running this deal according to reports so the point is moot. All this discussion can be found on CAG: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=297475&page=27

Old 06-22-2011, 09:33 AM   #10
ginuwine_import

Ginuwine Import's Gamercard
went to price match at best buy today. ended up picking up 2 copies of Fear 3 for 50$ (one for my friend). for ppl that are still interested, print out the ad and price match
ginuwine_import is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 01:11 PM   #11
blkalleykat

blkalleykat's Gamercard
My toys r us said the deal s no longer active just the gift card one so I went to the walmart for a price match with the ad printed out and got this and la noire for the 2 for 50 deal
blkalleykat is offline   Reply With Quote