PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Alice: Madness Returns
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-16-2011, 01:44 AM   #31
Chrinst

chrinst's Gamercard
I started playing AM A first but I got so frustrated with the controls and stoped after about 20 minutes. I would love to finish it though.
Chrinst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 09:50 PM   #32
Havock DoUrden

Havock DoUrden's Gamercard
The first game is really fun and actually holds up very well.
Havock DoUrden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 04:30 AM   #33
Flopsy86

flopsy86's Gamercard
I originally started playing Madness Returns back in November as a rental but stopped short of the end of chapter 1 and sent it back after realising a retail copy would get me this DLC for free (providing it is new!).

When I got this game for xmas, I decided to play AM Alice and see what the story was like leading up to madness returns.

I just finished it this minute and I must also say that playing this DLC does help to understand the second game better eventhough I've only seen Chapter 1 in Madness Returns.

The game can be frustrating in places, the boss before the Queen's palace at the end of the game was the most frustrating boss (the flying one which the eye staff is named after). Most places I read about this boss said to use the eye staff but it I really found it really difficult to aim it because it was flying by way too fast and the flame attack just killed me immediately. Then I saw someone suggest using the jacks on this boss, did it first time as I could just spam the RT and concentrate on dodging the attacks!

Compared to this boss, the final boss battles were loads easier!

Just adding my 2 cents

Flopsy86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 11:38 AM   #34
SannevanderWal

SannevanderWal's Gamercard
I just have played the game without the original. That's because I cant play it. It doesn't really matter.. You can play it because it's fun maybe. But I don't think its really important.
SannevanderWal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 10:54 AM   #35
placebobsh

CenobiteLeader's Gamercard
I never played the first and did nothing but love Madness Returns.
placebobsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 09:18 PM   #36
Jaxl187

Jaxl187's Gamercard
I played Madness returns first, then american mcgee's, only for the achievement though. Its a good thing games progressed since back then
Jaxl187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 04:14 AM   #37
HurricaneAmber

HurricaneAmber's Gamercard
I tried to play AM first, didn't get through more than 20 minutes of it...just couldn't get into it. Although I'm sure I'll try again someday, I don't feel bad that I played through Madness and LOVED it and skipped AM. Things still made sense and I didn't have that overwhelming feeling that I'm missing out on something. However, after reading through these posts I think the day will come sooner that I try AM again.
HurricaneAmber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:23 PM   #38
cocowawa

i had it installed on my pc for years when it came out. never had the time to play it.
cocowawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:47 PM   #39
Psyderman

Psyderman's Gamercard
currently playing Madness Returns and really enjoying, much better than I thought it would be. I thought Chapter 1 really dragged on but glad i carried on with it.

Didn't play the first game as I couldn't get into it but determined now to play it after completing Madness.
Psyderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 01:53 AM   #40
TheDataBug

The Data Bug's Gamercard
Definitely play the first one beforehand if you can.
TheDataBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 09:04 AM   #41
envint251

robandines's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lash 72 View Post
I don't think it really matters which game you play first. I played Madness Returns first and I found that the few references that it made towards the first game just made me curious about the first game. The first game is a little tougher so maybe playing Madness Returns first is a good idea.
While I agree that the first game is tougher, I really would recommend that you start there, partly for the story and in part because you will appreciate the step-up in visuals, gameplay, etc.

The step-up in visuals and gameplay of the sequel over the first part, I mean.

Last edited by envint251; 03-15-2014 at 09:05 AM. Reason: For clarification
envint251 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 01:15 AM   #42
Hypnodisc

lledrithau's Gamercard
To orignal or not to original.

I replayed the original because I was feeling nostalgic for terrible controls. Oh, the good old days of swinging repeatedly on a rope while wrestling with an uncooperative camera!

If you're less into that, just listen to the original soundtrack by Chris Vrenna. You'll get the atmosphere of it pretty well, and if you're concentrating, you can get the story through the fragments of VA, too.
Hypnodisc is offline   Reply With Quote