PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > L.A. Noire > Nicholson Electroplating
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-21-2011, 08:05 PM   #1
mark21667

Mark Miwurdz's Gamercard
Bulletproof Windshield cheev tip.

If you hang back behind the car at the start, picking of the odd guy, a car will sometimes (always?) appear in the road behind you. It is easy to see on the radar and easy to shoot the driver before he gets out. It is much easier to then steam into the compound and only have to deal with one of the cars that appear.
Old 06-21-2011, 10:51 PM   #2
Crimson Ridley

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Platinum   Staff Club - dakisbac   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
174 people apparently aren't going to say so, so let me be the first to thank you for this tip. I couldn't seem to kill him for a while, but eventually the game decided that shooting someone in the head does tend to be fatal.

Many thanks to Cpt Slaugh7er (xboxachievements.com) for the signature!

My xba account: Crimson Ridley
My PSN account: CrimsonRidley

R.I.P. to the most wonderful person to have ever lived; my Nanna. 03/11/1932 - 06/10/2013. You will be forever remembered, and forever missed. I love you so much.
Crimson Ridley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 11:02 PM   #3
DropDeadArtemus

DropDeadArtemus's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
That's exactly what I did. I hung back and grabbed the Piano out of the boot of the car. Made it a lot easier to shoot the driver than the pistol. The I just ran in the compound and waited for the car that comes in on the left.

DropDeadArtemus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 11:42 PM   #4
Eggnogga

Eggnogga's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Thanks. This method worked for me...although... it still didn't seem like it worked. lol The horns weren't honking. They just kinda fell out of the vehicle. Oh well, not complaining!
Eggnogga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 01:41 AM   #5
XxBlueSpade2xX

exoroughneck's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   2,500 Posts   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Never mind, got it.

If you do what the OP said, you can run around the circular building inside the compound to the left of the gate and the second MP car will come towards you.

Last edited by XxBlueSpade2xX; 06-22-2011 at 01:49 AM.
XxBlueSpade2xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 08:21 AM   #6
Jaynestown

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxBlueSpade2xX View Post
Never mind, got it.

If you do what the OP said, you can run around the circular building inside the compound to the left of the gate and the second MP car will come towards you.
Many thanks for the tip, this achievement was really annoying me until I read this
Old 06-22-2011, 09:07 AM   #7
mark21667

Mark Miwurdz's Gamercard
Yet it is roundly being ignored for the tougher version people have included in their guides. Go figure.
Old 06-22-2011, 07:31 PM   #8
Shdwwrym

Shdwwrym's Gamercard
This seems a lot easier, though on my second attempt I apparently killed the first car in the street too early; he veered and slammed into a citizen, making me fail the mission somehow. Still, thanks for the advice, it'll work sooner or later!

Looking For Elliott's Portrait in Fable 3!

Message me if you're organizing something in multiplayer for Red Dead Redemption!
Shdwwrym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 07:34 PM   #9
randallm33

Soylent GR33N's Gamercard
Very helpful. Thanks indeed.
randallm33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 01:20 PM   #10
insert_name_here

the overbug's Gamercard
do you have to replay the whole place to get back to this point if you miss the achievement?
Old 06-23-2011, 01:59 PM   #11
amacteur
In the sky

Send a message via Skype™ to amacteur

amacteur's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   Staff Club - amacteur   Staff - Graphics Team   Community Gaming - Silver   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   GRID 2 Award   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Staff Club - Minty   Submit - Diamond
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by insert_name_here View Post
do you have to replay the whole place to get back to this point if you miss the achievement?
I suggest you that if you miss the first 2 cars, let yourself shot by the goons and you'll restart from the last checkpoint. If you miss 3 times, the game will ask if you wanna skip the scene, of course say NO!

Good luck to you
Old 06-24-2011, 01:32 AM   #12
CrownlessKing

Send a message via MSN to CrownlessKing

FJMatlock's Gamercard
Oddly enough I thought the Chicago Piano would work better but after a couple of attempts failing, I just stuck to the pistol and followed this method. Shot the guy in car two, ran into the compound around the circular building and shot the guy in car three. All with the pistol and I got it.
CrownlessKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 04:10 AM   #13
DENAz666

denaz666's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Yeah this was how I got it. Didn't even need to change guns, i just used the pistol. First car is easy, as it stops in the exact same spot every time, so just be aiming there before it pulls up. Then walk into the middle of the road and prepare from the second car to pull up.

Aussie Xbox Ambassador & Community Xpert
DENAz666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 04:28 AM   #14
Tha Mantis

Tha Mantis's Gamercard
First go to your options and select Auto-aim, set it to High. Mine was on Low, and I never made a change in it, so Im assuming that most people have it on Low. Anyway grab the Piano out of the trunk, shot a couple guys while you make you way to the truck in the compound on the left. Aim at the car that pulling in, (this would be the 2nd car) with High auto-aim it FOLLOWS the driver, kill him and immediately be ready for the next car, because as soon as you kill anyone in the one car the 2nd spawns immediately. Just repeat what you did with other car. But seriously setting the Auto-aim to high is KEY, I retried about 20 times, then thought about the Auto-aim feature and changed it, got it on the 1st try.

Tha Mantis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 10:28 PM   #15
francisrossi

francisrossi's Gamercard
I need to replay for this one. Didn't find out about it until it was too late to quit and reload. Ah well. I get to blow Phelps up again
Old 06-25-2011, 11:10 AM   #16
Turdboi

Turdboi's Gamercard
I did it on the first attempt, all I did was go straight to my trunk and grab the piano gun, then run straight to the middle of the car park, and started spraying the cars as they arrived, easy!
Turdboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 06:08 PM   #17
Psyccho

psyccho's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha Mantis View Post
First go to your options and select Auto-aim, set it to High. Mine was on Low, and I never made a change in it, so Im assuming that most people have it on Low. Anyway grab the Piano out of the trunk, shot a couple guys while you make you way to the truck in the compound on the left. Aim at the car that pulling in, (this would be the 2nd car) with High auto-aim it FOLLOWS the driver, kill him and immediately be ready for the next car, because as soon as you kill anyone in the one car the 2nd spawns immediately. Just repeat what you did with other car. But seriously setting the Auto-aim to high is KEY, I retried about 20 times, then thought about the Auto-aim feature and changed it, got it on the 1st try.
Good call on this bud. I failed at least 20 times before changing the aim assist to high. Got it first try after that. So anyone really struggling with this, definately change your aim assist.

100k reached June 22,2011
Duke Nukem FOREVER: I Am All That Is Man

Looking to boost in:
Halo Wars (General rank)
Castle Crashers (Arena Master)
Ghostbusters (MP Achievements)

I ALWAYS help those who help me
92 Games 100%
Psyccho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 07:14 PM   #18
Mosh Icon

Mosh Icon's Gamercard
i don't get why people are bitching that much about that achievements, you only have to kill TWO drivers out of the 4 cars that are coming, no matter if you miss the 1st car or the last one !
Mosh Icon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 05:42 AM   #19
Tha Mantis

Tha Mantis's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosh Icon View Post
i don't get why people are bitching that much about that achievements, you only have to kill TWO drivers out of the 4 cars that are coming, no matter if you miss the 1st car or the last one !
There's only 3 cars, and it's kinda hard to do it. I didn't have TOO much trouble but I can see where alot of people would.

Tha Mantis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 06:16 AM   #20
Mosh Icon

Mosh Icon's Gamercard
I have 4 cars, the 1st one is coming just front of you at the beginning of the scene, the 2nd one is coming in your back from the main road, the 3rd one is coming from the left side of the parking slot (as the 1st one) and the last one is coming from the right side of the parking slot !

Last edited by Mosh Icon; 07-04-2011 at 03:43 PM.
Mosh Icon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 06:50 AM   #21
DENAz666

denaz666's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
There's only 3 cars, and it's kinda hard to do it. I didn't have TOO much trouble but I can see where alot of people would.
Definately 4 cars. One in front of you, then one from behind, then one from the left and one from the right

Aussie Xbox Ambassador & Community Xpert
DENAz666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 07:46 AM   #22
dersuedwanderer

dersuedwanderer's Gamercard
Quote:
Exactly what I did. Grab the Piano out, run behind the truck (left side), auto aim the car coming from the left, turn around and shoot the one from the right.
Easy with this method.
(Failed as I tried to shoot the one coming down the street)

- what I realized and what helped me a bit - you can "re-aim" by tapping LT

Last edited by dersuedwanderer; 06-27-2011 at 07:49 AM.
dersuedwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 10:19 PM   #23
XBL Unreal

XBL Unreal's Gamercard
How do you get the piano gun. All I have in my trunk is the shotgun.

Edit: I signed up for the rockstar social club and I recieved the suit but no gun. Can someone tell me what the steps are for the gun.

Last edited by XBL Unreal; 06-30-2011 at 10:27 PM.
XBL Unreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 02:24 AM   #24
OldBayFries

oldbayfries's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by XBL Unreal View Post
How do you get the piano gun. All I have in my trunk is the shotgun.

Edit: I signed up for the rockstar social club and I recieved the suit but no gun. Can someone tell me what the steps are for the gun.
Its part of the Rockstar pass package or you can download it by itself.

I may have a extra Piano code lying around somewhere.

EDIT: XBL Unreal, I just pm'd you a code.

Last edited by OldBayFries; 07-01-2011 at 02:29 AM.
OldBayFries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 05:12 PM   #25
XBL Unreal

XBL Unreal's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldBayFries View Post
Its part of the Rockstar pass package or you can download it by itself.

I may have a extra Piano code lying around somewhere.

EDIT: XBL Unreal, I just pm'd you a code.
Thanks alot. Sorry for the late reply. I got the pm and the code. Your a live saver
XBL Unreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 10:12 PM   #26
francisrossi

francisrossi's Gamercard
I managed to cap the driver of the very first car with my pistol when I unlocked this Had taken several tries, with much swearing, and I was giving it one last go before I lost my temper, but got the first two cars. On one try, the second car, instead of driving down the road towards me, just spawned behind me, despite the red car indicator showing it driving on the HUD map. Cheating AI...
Old 07-02-2011, 12:18 AM   #27
Jappe XBA

Send a message via Skype™ to Jappe XBA

Jappe XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   GSL 12 Winner   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Donator - Level 3   Submit - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Silver   Staff Club - Jappe x360a   Staff Club - Minty
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
Thanks for the video! Got it at first try.
Jappe XBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 07:15 AM   #28
montana97

montana97's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
great tips got it after an hour just dont give up
Old 09-05-2011, 01:29 AM   #29
BLOMBOMB

blombomb's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter   Word of Mouth
Got it my 2nd try. Grabbed the piano, charged in and lit everyone up as quickly as I could, and saw the car coming from the left, lit it up, and saw a car coming from the right inside the compound. Lit it up also. Boom. As the above guy said, have auto aim on! Mine must be on cause I always am able to autoaim quickly.
Old 02-05-2012, 03:20 PM   #30
dav3covboiiii

i got the achievement first goo
dav3covboiiii is offline   Reply With Quote