PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > L.A. Noire > Nicholson Electroplating
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-21-2011, 09:28 PM   #1
budden11

Budden260890's Gamercard
How many *@~:; attempts did that achievement take!

Hi all,

First of all I came on and was deciding, should I spend 20 on microsoft points and buy the Mortal Kombat season pass but I heard that had issues so I went for Nicholson Electroplating as I had already purchased the Rockstar Pass.

So I try downloading it from the Xbox Live menu but it says it 320 points which I didn't have, so I put in disc 3 (As it was an arson case) and did my 5mb update then I went to download the DLC as it had content owned - download next to it, so I press that and I get some error message saying it can't download, but when really it was and getting stuck at 99%.

So I turned off my console and stuck in disc 1, and then I did the same and it worked on the in-game download menu, so i then stuck in disc 3.

Well after going off topic slightly, the case was pretty cool seeing a A-bomb mushroom cloud was cool, but I like others on these websites like to get achievements, and trying to shoot 2 of those drivers was really screwing with me, I kept missing the first car as I have terrible aiming, so I kept getting killed and then messing up over and over, and then when I killed the driver, I go for the next car coming up the road and some civilian car knocks me on my ass and the guys gets out his car, I finally got this achievement after 22 attempts, my aiming really sucked, but stress over 54 out 60 achievements for this game now, almost to 1400.

Thanks for reading this uninteresting topic, haha

Gamertag: Budden260890
budden11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 09:32 PM   #2
WeskersHenchman

WeskersHenchman's Gamercard
It took a few tries more than I would have liked, I was probably around 12-15 attempts when I got it.
WeskersHenchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 09:50 PM   #3
mark21667

Mark Miwurdz's Gamercard
I was the same. 20 attempts before I tried the way I posted here and got it second try.
Old 06-21-2011, 10:02 PM   #4
Laajm

Laajm's Gamercard
Took maybe 20 tries, was a relief when I finally got it.

This case was for the record... a disappointment. Way to short, and too little questioning (which acording to me is the best part in L.A. Noire). Could definetly had been better, the trailer looked awsome as hell!
Laajm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 10:07 PM   #5
Jack Napier

Jas x God's Gamercard
honestly I got this achievement on my second try, if yall purchased the rockstar pass or have the chicago piano, jus go to the trunk of your car, pull that baby out and clap the cars as they come (2 from the left, 1 from behind your starting position, 1 from the right if memory serves) you have multiple chances.

Last edited by Jack Napier; 06-22-2011 at 07:04 AM.
Jack Napier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 10:09 PM   #6
Jack Napier

Jas x God's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laajm View Post
Took maybe 20 tries, was a relief when I finally got it.

This case was for the record... a disappointment. Way to short, and too little questioning (which acording to me is the best part in L.A. Noire). Could definetly had been better, the trailer looked awsome as hell!
I agree 100%. The case was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too fucking short.. beat it in about 25-30 min. guess I cant complain too much tho, rockstar pass was a great deal. now waiting for reefer madness.

Last edited by Jack Napier; 06-22-2011 at 07:55 PM.
Jack Napier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 12:04 AM   #7
daggerer

daggerer's Gamercard
I got this acheivement 1st time by luck, i took a few shots before they stopped but they still managed to get out, as soon as they got our of the first car it popped up
daggerer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 02:11 AM   #8
DropDeadArtemus

DropDeadArtemus's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I was able to get this on my second attempt. First time, I tried shooting the car with the pistol. I missed, so I let them kill me and went for the Piano when it reloaded.

DropDeadArtemus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 03:40 AM   #9
FlyBoy120586

BManning05's Gamercard
I think it took me 2-3 times.
I wasn't really sure I had hit the drivers until it popped.

FlyBoy120586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 05:14 AM   #10
wolfzero01

wolfzero01's Gamercard
really hated this achievement. it took me around 10 tries, & I think I got it because of it some how glitching on me as on the 10th try. I missed the first car, but was able to nail the second car & it popped right after that

this DLC was okay but way to short as other than trying to get this frickin achievement, it only too about 30-40 min to complete. the explosion at the beginning was cool though, kind of reminded me of Megaton blowing up in Fallout 3
wolfzero01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 05:19 AM   #11
Cooljoe

Bear5 Fan 4Ever's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I swear this one glitched for me but in a good way. I only killed the driver from the left, heard the horn, ran towards the front of the warehouse. Saw the car turn towards me, it came to a stop and I shot him right before he got out of the car but he didn't die. And it popped right after!!! Weird because this kind of thing never happens to me. I got it on my first try.
Cooljoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 05:23 AM   #12
TealPavelski
Banned User

animusVOXone's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I got the Achievement probably on my 10th attempt. It wasn't too hard. Just remember to pull out the Thompson from the back of your ride.
TealPavelski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 06:06 AM   #13
Annalie

Send a message via MSN to Annalie Send a message via Yahoo to Annalie

Sarena89's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff Club - AOS Puck   1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TealPavelski View Post
I got the Achievement probably on my 10th attempt. It wasn't too hard. Just remember to pull out the Thompson from the back of your ride.
Yea about 10 for me aswell. after i got the pattern of all 3 cars i was bound to kill 2 of them.
Old 06-22-2011, 07:57 AM   #14
amacteur
In the sky

Send a message via Skype™ to amacteur

amacteur's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   Staff Club - amacteur   Staff - Graphics Team   Community Gaming - Silver   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   GRID 2 Award   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Staff Club - Minty   Submit - Diamond
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TealPavelski View Post
It took me also something like 10 tries

I never had the thompson in my trunk, always a damn shotgun which made this achievement harder
Old 06-22-2011, 08:09 AM   #15
NightReflection

Nightreflection's Gamercard
Yea i hit the driver of the third car as he drove towards me, turned around and hit the driver of the car coming from behind the bunker.

To be honest after i realsed where the cars were coming from it made it a helluva lot easier!

1300/1400! Roll on the next DLC!!

Always looking to boost achievements , just send me a friend request @ Nightreflection. If you see me asking for help on here please feel free to take a look at my gamercard to see what games i have that i may be able to help you with!!
NightReflection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 02:23 PM   #16
TrevelyanL85A2

Send a message via ICQ to TrevelyanL85A2 Send a message via AIM to TrevelyanL85A2 Send a message via MSN to TrevelyanL85A2 Send a message via Yahoo to TrevelyanL85A2 Send a message via Skype™ to TrevelyanL85A2

trevl85a2 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   Donator - Level 5   Word of Mouth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annalie View Post
Yea about 10 for me aswell. after i got the pattern of all 3 cars i was bound to kill 2 of them.
Yea it took me a while also. It was a really annoying achievement and I wished they chose better achievements for this DLC before it got certified.

Also, don't think I"ve seen you before Annalie, so HI

Need Help with the Following:
Arcade: South Park
Retail: See gamertag for list.

10000 GS 5 Jul. 2009:
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2
20000 GS 6 Jun. 2010: Gears of War 2
30000 GS 1 Jan. 2011: Call of Duty: World at War
40000 GS 11 Nov. 2011: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
50000 GS 10 Feb. 2013: Dead Space 3

TrevelyanL85A2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 02:58 PM   #17
Annalie

Send a message via MSN to Annalie Send a message via Yahoo to Annalie

Sarena89's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff Club - AOS Puck   1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevelyanL85A2 View Post
Yea it took me a while also. It was a really annoying achievement and I wished they chose better achievements for this DLC before it got certified.

Also, don't think I"ve seen you before Annalie, so HI
Hi nice to meet you shakes hand*
it was a very annoying achievement because out of the 10 times i tried, i would shoot the hell out of the windshield and they would both get out of the car unscathed. but then fall dead and the achievement unlocked. i didn't complain. 1300/1300 bring on reefer madness.
Old 06-22-2011, 03:17 PM   #18
InkedUp

Send a message via MSN to InkedUp

InkedUp's Gamercard

Took me about 10 tries. Once I hit the driver of the first car, but the car that is supposed to come down the road never showed up, so I had to quit and resume back at the unknown apartment. About 5 tries later I ended up finally getting both drivers and the achievement.
Old 06-22-2011, 05:41 PM   #19
Baihu1983

Baihu1983's Gamercard

Took me about 8 goes. I killed myself to reset the scene more times than i died in the whole game!

And yes the case was too short infact thats my 1 main gripe with the main game.

Would rather have less cases next time that are 2 to 3 times longer than the ones in this game.

3rd November 2012 - Joined the 100K club

IF YOU SEND ME A FRIEND REQUEST OVER LIVE PLEASE ALSO SEND A MESSAGE SAYING WHY?

Raptar
Voice

Baihu1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 06:04 PM   #20
hoochli

Hooch Lee's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
I tried about 15 times and then I put the Aim Assist on High and I got the achievement on the next try.. very easy when it aims for you
hoochli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 06:40 PM   #21
budden11

Budden260890's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baihu1983 View Post
Took me about 8 goes. I killed myself to reset the scene more times than i died in the whole game!

And yes the case was too short infact thats my 1 main gripe with the main game.

Would rather have less cases next time that are 2 to 3 times longer than the ones in this game.
Same here man I got killed way more going for this achievement then actually completing the game.

I kept killing myself because I would shoot the driver then he would get out of the car and just fall over and die, I got mire when I kept firing the pistol at the 1st car and 1 of them got out, but I got the gun from the back of the car and the 2nd car came behind, so I kept shooting as much as I could, even when he stopped I was shooting from a dodgy angle but the achievement popped up and relieved was I

Gamertag: Budden260890
budden11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 07:57 PM   #22
my_box_72
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by budden11 View Post
Hi all,

First of all I came on and was deciding, should I spend 20 on microsoft points and buy the Mortal Kombat season pass but I heard that had issues so I went for Nicholson Electroplating as I had already purchased the Rockstar Pass.

So I try downloading it from the Xbox Live menu but it says it 320 points which I didn't have, so I put in disc 3 (As it was an arson case) and did my 5mb update then I went to download the DLC as it had content owned - download next to it, so I press that and I get some error message saying it can't download, but when really it was and getting stuck at 99%.

So I turned off my console and stuck in disc 1, and then I did the same and it worked on the in-game download menu, so i then stuck in disc 3.

Well after going off topic slightly, the case was pretty cool seeing a A-bomb mushroom cloud was cool, but I like others on these websites like to get achievements, and trying to shoot 2 of those drivers was really screwing with me, I kept missing the first car as I have terrible aiming, so I kept getting killed and then messing up over and over, and then when I killed the driver, I go for the next car coming up the road and some civilian car knocks me on my ass and the guys gets out his car, I finally got this achievement after 22 attempts, my aiming really sucked, but stress over 54 out 60 achievements for this game now, almost to 1400.

Thanks for reading this uninteresting topic, haha
Not many here one thing pissed me off when I first did I clearly killed the the first MP then again shot and killed the second one no dam achievement popped , but on the second time around it did yay achievement popped

Last edited by my_box_72; 06-22-2011 at 08:01 PM.
my_box_72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 08:42 PM   #23
YhoJo Kinson

YhoJo Kinson's Gamercard
On my fifth try i got the achievement, so 6 times i played the chase leading up to it.

The last four times i managed to be ahead of the guy i was chasing and beating him to the area lol

The thing that kept me from doing it was the fear of dying too early and also once i ran into the car which knocked my over silly and by the time i got up they were all there which was annoying.

Then after thinking about the suit Hacksaw, did it again and like i said in another thread, just ran out from the parked car, shot the guy on the stairs, turned left and killed driver and got the achievement there and then. ^^

Must admit it's a pretty damn hard achievement for this type of game and ontop of that due to the length of time it takes before actually getting the opportunity also makes it possibly one of the hardest i've ever got.

And i've finished all call of duty games on Veteren. And this was in my eyes fairly hard to get but worth getting
YhoJo Kinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 09:21 PM   #24
mastercatmen69

mastercatman69's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by YhoJo Kinson View Post
On my fifth try i got the achievement, so 6 times i played the chase leading up to it.
You did not have to replay the chase every time. If you miss, just let Phelps get killed and it will reset at the beginning of the shoot out
Old 06-22-2011, 09:44 PM   #25
TrentonGator52

TrentonGator58's Gamercard
Ugh...

Must have been about 20 tries. Even with the help on site. Worth it, 5 from 100%, Sadly I'm roadtripping for July, will have to wait til August I guess.
TrentonGator52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 11:25 PM   #26
L0cke89

Send a message via ICQ to L0cke89 Send a message via MSN to L0cke89

L0cke89's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Wow, after reading this, I'm lucky to get all achievements first try. Just watched a video to know that I can get the machine gun and where the cars appear. 3min. prep and no hassle.

Best case in my opinion, although the ending to the naked city case was way cooler.

1st on x360a to 200/200 Bastion and 400/400 THPS:HD
L0cke89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 07:13 AM   #27
DENAz666

denaz666's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Got it on the 3rd shot. Once you learn where the first car pulls up, its pretty easy

Aussie Xbox Ambassador & Community Xpert
DENAz666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 09:22 AM   #28
Whiistler

Whistlerama's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DENAz666 View Post
Got it on the 3rd shot. Once you learn where the first car pulls up, its pretty easy
Yeah, samesies.

First thing I did was wait for the very first car to pull up and I'd already be aiming where it stopped, unloaded a few clips. Moved in picked up a BAR and got lucky with the third car.

I can confirm that the cars can stop, but they still have to be in "driving position" when you kill them for it to count.
Whiistler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 12:21 PM   #29
MeeT KurTinZ

I watched the video first and got it first try...
MeeT KurTinZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 03:41 PM   #30
Frasr

Frasr's Gamercard
it took me about 20-30 attempts. I got lucky because I shot one guy just as he was getting out the car and it still counted towards the achievement, I was totally not expecting the achievement to pop but it did

Frasr is offline   Reply With Quote