PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Sports and Fitness > Tour de France 2011
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-23-2011, 09:22 AM   #1
Barad
I found some Exotic Socks

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
The game looks cool..

I've never played a cycling game before, and this game looks pretty neat, I'm just worried it will get repetitive very quickly otherwise I would buy this on release.

Would do you guys think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShotyMcFat View Post
I bought destiny thinking it was a game, instead I got a Zoo.

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 09:47 AM   #2
Plassie

C Plassie's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by himalaybarad View Post
I've never played a cycling game before, and this game looks pretty neat, I'm just worried it will get repetitive very quickly otherwise I would buy this on release.

Would do you guys think?

If you are a cycling fan, just watch the Tour the France.

Every day 250 kilometer long cycling, I don't know if you can save half of the day.. but it will take a while to finish a day
Plassie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 10:15 PM   #3
osakamitsu

osakamitsu's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
ugh im playing it right now and I dont like it. You dont even control the biker. You just manage his stats like heart rate and energy and stuff. I feel like this is deadliest catch bike edition.
osakamitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 12:02 AM   #4
DOPE BOI

D0pe B0I's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by osakamitsu View Post
ugh im playing it right now and I dont like it. You dont even control the biker. You just manage his stats like heart rate and energy and stuff. I feel like this is deadliest catch bike edition.
Havent even bothered to play it yet, I was waiting for someone else too.

Is it hard or achievements or so much of a pain you dont want to do them?
DOPE BOI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 09:36 AM   #5
Barad
I found some Exotic Socks

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Quote:

Really? Ok I've heard enough, I'm gonna do myself a favour and just skip on this game. A real shame, I really wanted to try it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShotyMcFat View Post
I bought destiny thinking it was a game, instead I got a Zoo.

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 07:16 PM   #6
osakamitsu

osakamitsu's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
idk I wanted to like it but I also wanted to control the biker. I only did a race and a half and then I got side tracked. Probably wont come back. Just waiting on Earth Defense Force and that will hold me over for quite some time. I LOVED the first one.
osakamitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 07:16 PM   #7
SegaSen

SegaSen's Gamercard
I have started playing today (for a review). My initial impressions are not so positive. While this is the closest I have seen to a real Tour de France race in a video game, with teamwork, energy management, long courses, real teams and riders etc., it is also very ugly and not that exciting. You have some form of control over your rider, but it is pretty limited, the tactics are way more important than riding skills (or button mashing).
SegaSen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 09:27 AM   #8
Blitz MMCCV

Blitz MMCCV's Gamercard
Quote:
Thats a real shame i really wanted to play this game but i thought you'd be able to control the biker somehow i wanted gameplay kinda like that ps1 game no fear downhill mountain biking that was awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by SegaSen View Post
I have started playing today (for a review). My initial impressions are not so positive. While this is the closest I have seen to a real Tour de France race in a video game, with teamwork, energy management, long courses, real teams and riders etc., it is also very ugly and not that exciting. You have some form of control over your rider, but it is pretty limited, the tactics are way more important than riding skills (or button mashing).
I may give it a try but not ive read both of you two's comments i think i'll wait till its Ģ5-Ģ8 on ebay before i try it.

Completed Retail: 13
Completed Windows Phone 7: 7
Completed XBLA: 3
Completed Windows 8: 3

Blitz MMCCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 11:16 AM   #9
fraz

iSweatyMoth's Gamercard
This a really cool game, yes you do control your rider through the most important parts and it simulates all the boring parts, there is plenty of riders to choose from and the teamwork is amazing, you can transfer messages over to your team through headset or prebuilt in terminology, it is a chilled out game and alot of people would see it as repetitive but the graphics are fine and also it is something a bit different.
fraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 01:14 PM   #10
dinny2891

dinny tarks's Gamercard
I agree the graphics are fine but the lack of rider control was a real shame. I had visions of skillful descents from the peaks but I can't even get away from the pack!
dinny2891 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 11:24 AM   #11
stook

Stook85's Gamercard
this game sucks. i was so glad to get this. but i donīt know how it goes...
stook is offline   Reply With Quote