PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Shadows of the Damned
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-13-2011, 03:37 PM   #31
F Swan

Ferocious Swan's Gamercard
It took me a while to get him to drop, in the end it seemed to only work if I let him get really close then light shot him, I had to do it twice too, as I my fingers got tired hammering X lol.
F Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 12:47 AM   #32
septicflesh

Send a message via AIM to septicflesh

doomfarmer's Gamercard
I want to 2nd two of these glitches that I used on my last playthrough. These worked GREAT, so thanks to the original posters, i'm just confirming these work.

RED GEMS EXPLOIT
2-1 - The area where you get the 2nd gem. A cutscene will start and a shadow hand will come out of the ground. Kill the enemies, grab the red gem, and proceed through the next gate. When you open the gate you will trigger the one-eye willie checkpoint. STOP. After it says saving at the bottom, pause, quit. Load up your game. You should be in the same spot with the gate behind you closed. Walk up to it anyway, in a moment the same cutscene will trigger and you will be teleported past the gate to fight the shadow hand demons again. Kill the demons, grab the red gem, but THIS TIME... head towards the FIRST GATE... the one you entered originally (you should see some zzzzzz's through a wall). Walk towards the gate (no need to open it) and you should trigger the one-eye willie through the wall. Pause, quit. Do this as many times as you want!!! Infinite gems. Be sure to continue alternating checkpoints.

WHITE GEMS EXPLOIT
4-3 - I did this in the library. About halfway through this stage, you will be attacked by an armored teleporting demon. You've seen the teleporting demons earlier in the game, but for some reason THIS is the one that worked for me. Make sure you do NOT destroy his armor. You want to hold aim, and just walk left or right in a circle around the demon. He won't actually hit you if you do this. Now, take a moment to watch his pattern. He teleports, rushes at you, and does an attack. After the attack whiffs, he jumps backwards, then teleports, repeating the string. You want to shoot him with the light shot while he's jumping backwards after his attack. Its tricky, but after a few tries you should get it. As soon as the light shot hits him in air, he will fall to the ground. RUN UP ON HIM and mash X. I had a turbo controller, and I must have held X down for several minutes, going from about 80 white gems to maxing out at 999.

Just wanted to re-type this stuff and make it clear... I know I was a little confused as what to do, so hopefully this will help. Thanks again to the original posters of these methods, you've helped me a lot!

septicflesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 11:08 PM   #33
FireFlow PL

FireFlow PL's Gamercard
Infinity red gems glitch

Chapter 1-2

Video by ME
Solution find by Mr Jim PL
Enjoy

2 Gems for 4 mins

RED GEMS GLITCH

Last edited by FireFlow PL; 07-15-2011 at 11:11 PM.
FireFlow PL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 12:30 AM   #34
grinner

WildGrinner's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog LXXIII View Post
From what I can see when you get the cut scene of the hand -

.Go and collect the gem
..Shoot the goat
...Clear the room
....Head for the gate that is shown
.....Wait for save point
......Quit
.......Load game
........Turn 180 when game starts going to the gate behind you forcing the cut scene again
.........Repeat above steps but after all enemies dead & you get the gem then go to the gate you came through by giving it a brain key, NOT the other gate
..........Load game
...........repeat steps and alternate save points between the two save points, one by the gate that needs a brain key & the other gate that doesn't need key.
Ok..now I get it.

After trying to do the glitch a few times I couldn't do it except the first time, then after that every time I tried the cut scene would never start & glitch me back to the goat / darkness / gem area.

The key is to go to where the gate by the ZZZzzz are of the sleeping willy. Touch the demon baby gate and it will trigger the save point...kind of like the first time you originally went through that gate.

I also found out that if you load the game and it loads properly w/o any slowdown, you cannot do glitch.

Props to FireFlow PL for making a video on how to do it.

Edit: I had to finally stop repeating the glitch because I didn't turn around and walk towards the gate fast enough after I reloaded, so I didn't glitch & cause the cutscene to reappear. I had collected 36 red gems by that point.

Last edited by grinner; 07-17-2011 at 04:00 AM. Reason: fixing links to embed youtube video into post
grinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 05:48 AM   #35
Havoc RedCell

Send a message via MSN to Havoc RedCell Send a message via Skype™ to Havoc RedCell

Havoc RedCell's Gamercard
Damn, should I read this first. I'm at the ending and collected every red gem and still missing 17. :/
Going to do this on my hard run through.

Retail Complete (21)
Arcade Complete (22)
Havoc RedCell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 03:45 PM   #36
nel e nel

nel e nel's Gamercard
After reading all of the red gem collecting guides, and understanding that the achievement is about getting all the UPGRADES, not all the gems, I think that the description of this achievement is probably mistranslated.

This is a game done by Japanese designers, so my suspicion is that in Japanese, it's probably more clear that it's about getting all the upgrades, and that whoever did the English localization probably didn't translate it properly, or rather, too literally.
nel e nel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 07:31 PM   #37
Lord Forbes

Lord Forbes's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by grinner View Post
Ok..now I get it.

After trying to do the glitch a few times I couldn't do it except the first time, then after that every time I tried the cut scene would never start & glitch me back to the goat / darkness / gem area.

The key is to go to where the gate by the ZZZzzz are of the sleeping willy. Touch the demon baby gate and it will trigger the save point...kind of like the first time you originally went through that gate.

I also found out that if you load the game and it loads properly w/o any slowdown, you cannot do glitch.

Props to FireFlow PL for making a video on how to do it.

CLICK FOR LINK http://youtu.be/Pmxz3WVN3tk

Edit: I had to finally stop repeating the glitch because I didn't turn around and walk towards the gate fast enough after I reloaded, so I didn't glitch & cause the cutscene to reappear. I had collected 36 red gems by that point.
This method is working great! I currently have 51 gems and will obtain the rest tonight. Two points to emphasize: First, once all the enemies are dead look to see whether there are any ZZZZs floating by the first gate you came through or if Willy is on the other side of the second gate. As another poster stated, the key to farming the glitch is to ALTERNATE between the two autosave spots. If there is already a fierey pile of poo past the second gate do not go through it because that autosave has already been used. If you do, the gate will close and you will not be able to farm any more gems. Second, if you plan to farm all 80 gems at this spot but need to quit the game for some reason, quit after using the autosave by the first gate you come through. That way when you restart you will be inside the courtyard and the cycle can continue to be repeated. THANK YOU to those that originally posted and refined the explanation for this glitch. It is annoying enough that the difficulty levels do not stack but this exploit makes three play throughs a more enjoyable prospect.

Lord Forbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 03:41 PM   #38
jae200

soulstlkr2's Gamercard
I just started this game last night and found the glitch spot on 2-1. My question is.. How many red gems are you guys farming? I currently have 34 red gems and about 400 white gems. I hear you can buy red gems from Christopher who I don't think I've encountered yet.. But how much does it cost to buy a red gem from him?

The reason I ask is because I absolutely hate collectibles in games and don't want to have to hunt for alot of red gems hidden around the map. I just want to play through and enjoy it. I just don't think I want to farm all 80 gems where I am. Probably wouldn't take too long, but I'd rather get to the game.
jae200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 02:48 AM   #39
Chaoticsoulzero

cha0tics0ul's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Forbes View Post
This method is working great! I currently have 51 gems and will obtain the rest tonight. Two points to emphasize: First, once all the enemies are dead look to see whether there are any ZZZZs floating by the first gate you came through or if Willy is on the other side of the second gate. As another poster stated, the key to farming the glitch is to ALTERNATE between the two autosave spots. If there is already a fierey pile of poo past the second gate do not go through it because that autosave has already been used. If you do, the gate will close and you will not be able to farm any more gems. Second, if you plan to farm all 80 gems at this spot but need to quit the game for some reason, quit after using the autosave by the first gate you come through. That way when you restart you will be inside the courtyard and the cycle can continue to be repeated. THANK YOU to those that originally posted and refined the explanation for this glitch. It is annoying enough that the difficulty levels do not stack but this exploit makes three play throughs a more enjoyable prospect.

No problem. Glad I could help. Nice to be able to make an actual contribution to others.
Chaoticsoulzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 07:32 PM   #40
the action frampton

action frampton's Gamercard
Definately doesn't always I only got to 5 gems and it stopped working
Old 08-14-2011, 01:20 PM   #41
WoodsMonk

WoodsMonk's Gamercard
Currently at 38 red gems doing this, also white gem farming and got 999, Might stop at 45 Red Gems..

[edit] Unlocked it at the start of 3-1.. Thanks for this

Now to just finish it on Demon Hunter and that's it finished!!

Last edited by WoodsMonk; 08-14-2011 at 04:03 PM.
WoodsMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 02:53 PM   #42
Jay Leon Hart

Jay Leon Hart's Gamercard
Cheers for this! After being a whopping 10 short on Lemon Hunter, I didn't want to have to play through another 3 times.

[Edit] Done by 3-3 - Cheers! [/Edit]
- The Baconing - 11/12 - 175/200
- Vanquish - 49/50 - 950/1,000

Last edited by Jay Leon Hart; 08-28-2011 at 05:52 PM.
Jay Leon Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 12:28 AM   #43
Norrsken

Rankvist's Gamercard
Thank you guys for the tips with both the red and the white gems. This really helped me a lot.

Cheers!
Old 10-24-2011, 05:13 AM   #44
Grief Catalyst

GriefCatalyst's Gamercard
Exclamation Chapter 3-3 "Stomp" Glitch denied.

Attempted the "stomp" glitch on 3-3 after the Paula chase and meeting Mr. X. The armored, mist demons no longer reward 999 White Gems for contiuously stomping on them, they will simply die after awarding 5 or so white gems, much as the horned "normal demons" do. Not sure if it was patched, or if maybe, as some people have said -- certain copies of the game may reward you in various ways.

Documented 10/24/11 -- 1:12am; Demon Hunter difficulty.

That said, it's difficult enough trying to drop them to stomp on them to begin with -- I didn't want anyone else to have to learn the hard way, much as I have the last two hours.
Grief Catalyst is offline   Reply With Quote