PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Puzzle and Word > Beautiful Katamari
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-24-2011, 07:16 AM   #1
Midna

Stealth Fangs's Gamercard
I dont get it.

It took me ages to get the movement down alone, but every single mission i'm barely reaching the requirements , by literally 5 seconds. What am I doing wrong?

Arcade Games 100%: 36//Latest: The Adventures Of Shuggy//Current: Castle Crashers

Midna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 03:33 AM   #2
Aim9ee

Send a message via MSN to Aim9ee Send a message via Skype™ to Aim9ee

Aim9ee's Gamercard
it's actually quite a difficult game to get the basics down on...for the first handful of missions, expect to barely get under. some levels will take about a billion replays to finally get in under the timelimit. gets easier the more you play, though.
Aim9ee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 06:06 AM   #3
eynotie

eynotie's Gamercard
Yeah. I second that. It was weird. I was terrible; and then, all at once, I started to "get it." Also, I watched a vid or two on Youtube. It helped with things like route and order on a few tougher levels.
Proudest achievements: 1) Aperture Science (Orange Box) no cheats. 2) Speed Run (Braid). 3) Sharp Shooter (Zuma) probably just luck, but still feels good to have achieved. 4) Solitaire Conqueror (Soltrio Solitaire) waaaaay harder than it should be.
eynotie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 05:51 AM   #4
GodLike499

GodLike499's Gamercard
It is really wierd. This does seem like more of a casual game, but it is damn tough. The trick is is figuring out the area you should be in at a particular size and picking up the stuff you can while going around the stuff you can't. If you try to pick up something that's too large, you'll knock stuff off your Katamari. Also try to avoid the areas where large objects are moving around. They will knock even more stuff off, and worse, they knock you around and disorient you. It is rather common to need to play a level a couple of times before you figure out the best areas to go to. I usually avoid going to new areas when I unlock them until I get a second growth spurt.
GodLike499 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 04:33 PM   #5
roggor123

Send a message via MSN to roggor123 Send a message via Skype™ to roggor123

PandaCatMan's Gamercard
It took me a while to get a hang of as well, The controls where so confusing as well..

But soon you will get the hang of it too, Its like riding a bike. Once you know how, Nothing will stop you!!
roggor123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 06:13 PM   #6
BaZoOkaPoOka

BaZoOka PoOka's Gamercard
here are some simple tips that will help a lot

1. each time you bump into something you cant roll up, it wastes A LOT of time so dont even try to roll it up if you arent sure!

2. use quick turn around - click your left and right analog sticks at the same time and you will do a 180 turn!

3. when you are big enough to go to next area, do it ! dont stay in the same small area because you can always come back after you have rolled a lot of stuff in the big area, then when you come back to the small area , you will pick up everything way faster !

4. keep moving! dont stop to try picking up everything , you can always go back to pick it all up when bigger, the more you turn or stop is wasted time

5. use quick dash - keep moving your analog sticks up and down really fast in opposite directions to do a dash

6 . keep practicing and you will get used to it for sure cuz when i first started playing this game , i was the same. i was like damn this is so tough !

BaZoOkaPoOka is offline   Reply With Quote