Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Feedback > FAQ
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-11-2007, 01:22 AM   #1
The Wicker Man

Dalek Prime's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
My own dashboard theme?

Several months ago Game Informer had an article on how to make your own themes for the razors. It envolved using windows media center and one of its updates> Can anyone help me with this. thanks

THX DAN!

"I have no money, no resources, no hopes. I am the happiest man alive." - Henry Miller

Madden 06, Eragon, TMNT, College Hoops 2k6, Fuzion Frenzy 2, NBA 2k6, Elder Scrolls IV, Fight Night Round 3, Shadowrun, Scene It? LCA!, Lost: Via Domus,New Rally x, Galaga, TMNT' 89, UNO, Crystal Quest, 3D ultra mini golf, Carcassonne, Band of Bugs(250), Golden Axe, Bomberman Live, Gauntlet, Spyglass Boardgames, Arkadian Warriors, Puzzle Quest(250), Undertow, BattleField:1943
The Wicker Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 01:24 AM   #2
Conker Rules All

xKGx Exoticz's Gamercard
sorry to say im having the same problem with it but as soon as i find the update i will send you a message because im searching throughout the internet and downloaded 4 things but were only tutorials on how to pick your theme pics
Conker Rules All is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 01:26 AM   #3
Conker Rules All

xKGx Exoticz's Gamercard
also try game informer.com they might have a linked (my bro says so) but i haven't found one even though he knows how to do it he's being anand won't tell me what i do hes really being retarded and this is what im going to do to him
Old 07-11-2007, 02:09 AM   #4
justcallmeChill
Banned User

justcallmeChill's Gamercard
yea i would like to know this as well...custom dashboard theme would rizzule...

btw sweet sig conker...mind PM me who did it so i could ask them 4 1
justcallmeChill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 02:18 AM   #5
Conker Rules All

xKGx Exoticz's Gamercard
ya dude try gameinformer.com and for my sig go to request one and you'll get some great ones all the artists are great i love both the sigs they made me every artist has a different style and they're all very good so try it out (i see you got a nice one)

link:http://gameinformer.com/default.htm
Old 07-11-2007, 02:23 AM   #6
justcallmeChill
Banned User

justcallmeChill's Gamercard
thx got it

justcallmeChill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 02:39 AM   #7
crusaderV1

crusaderV1's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wicker Man View Post
Several months ago Game Informer had an article on how to make your own themes for the razors. It envolved using windows media center and one of its updates> Can anyone help me with this. thanks
I got this information from the March 07 edition of OXM.
I quote,

"How to create your own Dashboard Theme

"1. The first thing you'll need is a suitable picture.The system will resize any image you give it, but your best bet is to avoid distortion and start with a 1172 x 720 JPEG. If you can view it on the 360, you can make it your blade background, whether it's on a digital camera, CD-R, portable USB drive, or your PC (accessed through a file-sharing connection).

"2.Go to the Media Blade, select "Pictures", and press the A button. Select the device where your chosen photo is located and navigate the folders until you find where you put it.

"3. Highlight the picture you want from the available selections, and then press the X buttonto "apply as background," as indicated in the lower left of the screen. Select "Yes, use this picture" when asked if you really want to do this, and press the A button. Ding! Your selected picture is immediately applied.

"4. Now for the guide background, the interface that slides open whenever you hit the guide button. Press the guide button on your controller, select "Personal Settings," and choose "Themes"

"5. Notcice that the name of the picture you selected for your bladebackground is now listed as a theme name. Keep in mind that selecting it in the future will reset the guide background and dashboard settings you're about to change back to thier defaults. Select "Customize," then "Guide Background."

"6. From here you can select any Texture from any themein your collection, including those downloaded as part of purchased packs. If you want a College Hoops 2K7 hardwood floor to go with photos of your new house, feel free. If your not into textures, create your own custom color using red/green/blue color sliders, which will then be made part of a simple gradient.

"7. Press the B button to back out to the customization menu. Select "Dashboard Trim" and press the A button. You've got a whopping THREE selections to choose from - Default, Carbon, or Glass - and you'll have to close the guide pop-up window to really see the diffrence each makes.

"8. If you've got a Live Vision Camera you'll see an additional option in the Custimize menu: "Camera Effect". (If you don't, skip to the next step.) You'll see three options, each of which overlays a live feed from your camera onto the blade background. The results can vary wildly, but they're fun to play with. Pick one that strikes your fancy, or turn it off completely.

"9. (Finnaly!) Voila! customization complete. With any luck, one day Microsoft will give us more dashboard trims to play with, or at least grant us the ability to specify diffrent backgrounds for each blade. Untill then, at least your not stuck with the same-old same-old.

--Cameron Lewis"

There you go , straight from OXM itself. Boy, you better be thankful for me typing all this. Took me almost 20 mins! Enjoy. And I did all that in vein becuse someone posted a link while I was typing. Well for anyone else that has the same question here you go.
crusaderV1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 03:08 AM   #8
Conker Rules All

xKGx Exoticz's Gamercard
dude hahahaha i just found what to do as i read you're post wow after 3 hours of searching i find it then someone posts all the directions anywayz it works good job bro
Old 07-11-2007, 08:11 AM   #9
Nbag3

Nbag3's Gamercard
Thought I'd post this these are good pictures to use because they are high res, make open the picture before streaming it to your dashboard for optimal quality
http://andreyw.multiply.com/photos
Nbag3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 08:30 PM   #10
The Wicker Man

Dalek Prime's Gamercard

Thank you so much for the help guys! To paraphrase Bill and Ted "most excellent!" Now I just have to sit down and get to work. ps who did your sig image?

THX DAN!

"I have no money, no resources, no hopes. I am the happiest man alive." - Henry Miller

Madden 06, Eragon, TMNT, College Hoops 2k6, Fuzion Frenzy 2, NBA 2k6, Elder Scrolls IV, Fight Night Round 3, Shadowrun, Scene It? LCA!, Lost: Via Domus,New Rally x, Galaga, TMNT' 89, UNO, Crystal Quest, 3D ultra mini golf, Carcassonne, Band of Bugs(250), Golden Axe, Bomberman Live, Gauntlet, Spyglass Boardgames, Arkadian Warriors, Puzzle Quest(250), Undertow, BattleField:1943
Old 07-11-2007, 09:16 PM   #11
fatces

fatces's Gamercard
just want to know if you can put diferent pics for each blade, or just one pic for all??
fatces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 09:25 PM   #12
The Wicker Man

Dalek Prime's Gamercard

The article I had seen in gi said that you could have different pics on the blades.

THX DAN!

Old 07-12-2007, 01:08 AM   #13
fatces

fatces's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wicker Man View Post
The article I had seen in gi said that you could have different pics on the blades.
thanks dude, i'll check it out. if i find anything i'll post it
fatces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 08:17 PM   #14
Frantic Killer4

Send a message via AIM to Frantic Killer4 Send a message via Yahoo to Frantic Killer4

D1LLON H's Gamercard

dude that would be sick to have a custom dashboard theme though.

^^^^^^Join this shit, i just got guitar hero smash hits for free, pm me if you dont believe me
Frantic Killer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 05:02 PM   #15
Scotian Bred

Send a message via MSN to Scotian Bred

Scotian Bred's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver   Referrals - Silver   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1   Achievement Guide - Gold   Donator - Level 2   SOTF Winner   1,000 Posts   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Submit - Gold   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
the only way to get a naked lady on the dashboard .. i got myself Karen McDougal the queen of the Ass .. she is smokin HOT !! lol

? Click Sig!
Scotian Bred is offline   Reply With Quote