PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Call of Duty: Black Ops
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-30-2011, 01:27 AM   #1
NewSparta

N3wSpaRtA's Gamercard
Annihilation DLC Achievement Guide and RoadMap

wacko3.16, FarmerJay, TheManX, Ragnarok1986

Overview:
- Estimated achievement difficulty: 6/10 (Team / Skill)
- Offline:75
- Online:75
- Approximate amount of time to 150 : 4+ hours
- Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1
- Number of missable achievements: None
- Glitched/unobtainable achievements: No
- Do cheat codes disable achievements?: None
- Does difficulty affect achievements?: No
- Extra equipment needed: No

Introduction:
This is the achievement guide for Call Of Duty:Black Ops third map pack: Annihilation. This map pack costs 1200 MSP, or 15$. All the achievements included in this DLC have to deal with the Zombie map that comes with Annihilation, Shangri-La.

Walkthrough:
There are a total of 5 achievements adding up to 150 . All but one achievement can be earned Solo ( Time Travel Will Tell) this achievement can only be earned online with 4 players. I'd suggest playing naturally until you receive the new wunder weapon ( 31-79 JGb215 ), when you get this, can then go for the achievements "Small Consolation". There are also three new zombies, the Shrieker, Napalm, and Monkeys, each of these net you their own unique achievement ( Blinded By the Fright, Zomb Disposal, and Monkey See Monkey Don't ).

You can find some partners for "Time Travel Will Tell" here:
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=152133

Conclusion:
Congratulations! That should be it, another 150. If you are still having troubles getting the rest, you can always ask the nice folks at the Achievement Trading Thread for help, it's always the fastest, most efficient way to go!

Achievement Trading Thread:
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=152133

These are some things players should know prior to playing Shangri-La:

To interact with 90% of the items in Shangri-La, hold the button, the rest require knifing, grenading, shooting.

How to Pack-A-Punch:

Guide:

Time Travel Will Tell-75

In Shangri-La, acquire the focusing stone
Video:
Text Tutorial:

* Must have the power turned on before doing any of the steps.
* Must activate Eclipse before any of the steps.
* When each step is done correctly, it will go back to the present.
* To activate the Eclipse have each player press the Skull button in spawn ( Each corner of next to Quick Revive ), to do this hold .

Step 1: Activate the Eclipse

This is where it all starts, activate the Eclipse at spawn. There are four buttons with Skulls on them, one on each corner of the walls where the Quick Revive is, have each player activate one () at the same time, it should now turn dark.

Step 2: Pressure plate letters

When the Eclipse is active, open the first door that leads into the Mine cart area, when facing the Mine cart look right, there should be a tower, on the side of the tower facing the door in this area is a button with a skull on it, activate it with .

There should now be a total of 12 plates on the floor on the Mine cart side, and 12 plates on the Mud Room side.

Have one person on each side ( Mud Room and Mine Cart ) and have the other two distracting the zombie at spawn.

Now have one person at the Mine Cart or Mud Room lead. The leader, and only the leader must stand on a plate, call out the symbol and step off, the other player must then look through all his plates and find the symbol being called out, when the symbol is found by the other player, both must step on the plate and it should disappear. Rinse and Repeat until done.

You must do this with speed or else the Eclipse will end.

Step 3: Sewer Gate

Activate the Eclipse again, then have 3 players stand on the Sewer Gate ( This is the exact spot you land in after using the water slide) . When the players get on it they will hear a noise meaning that they have done it right.

When the 3 players are on, have the fourth one use the Water Slide, when he lands it will give the Sewer Gate enough weight.

Step 4: Shrinking the small Meteor

*31-79 JGb215 ( Shrink Ray ) can be recieved from the Mystery Box

Activate the Eclipse, then have all players go to the water slide.

You will notice that there is now a glowing Meteor at the top of the slide, have somebody shoot it down with a Ray Gun, or have somebody have a Grenade/Semtex blow up right next to it.

It will fall down, now have somebody with the 31-79 JGb215 ( Shrink Ray ) shoot the Meteor, it will shrink.

Now knife the Meteor, it will go down the water slide and into the Geyser ahead, take the Geyser up ( with the Meteor ) and you should be finished with this step.

Step 5: Napalming the Gas

Activate the Eclipse, then go to the Mine Cart tunnel, right next to the pressure plate in the tunnel ( Pack-A-Punch Statue ), there should be a valve and a lever, turn the valve four times () and the gas should now be leaking from pipes into the tunnel to the power room.

Now have a Napalm Zombie walk through the Mine cart tunnel, all the way to the power room, this will make it so the gas leaks are lighted.

After he has been lead through the tunnels and into the power room, have somebody run back to the valve and activate the lever (). You should now be finished with this step.

Step 6: Plug in the water leaks

*If you are doing this with crawlers, have a player lead the crawlers to the bridge before activating the Eclipse, the Eclipse still times this so if it returns to the present, any spikes in the wall will disappear.

*Spikemores can be bought off the wall in the Power Room ( 1000 )

Activate the Eclipse and go to the Waterfall tunnel.

There will be four holes in the inner wall of the tunnel.

Have one Spikemore placed facing towards each holes so that when a Zombie comes by, it shoots the spikes into the wall, blocking the water leaks. You can also lead a Napalm zombie through all the Spikemores, the Napalm zombie will survive, however you must still have another zombie alive as killing everything but the Napalm zombie will end the round.

It's possible to block all four holes with two Spikemores ( one in between two ), but it's recommended that you put a Spikemore for each hole just in case.

After you have blocked all four holes, go the the Waterfall, there is a Big rock in the middle, on one side of the rock there should be a brick wall with a brick sticking out, it will say
"Don't Hold " , well don't listen to that and activate the brick () and it will activate the reservoir, which will help the strangers lift up and out.

You should now be done with this step.

Step 7: Activating the plates

Activate the Eclipse.

There will now be twelve plates that spawn on walls across the map, these plates are the same from step 2, and have the same symbols on them.

The symbols on the plates will turn blue when you knife it, try to knife towards the top of the plates as the hit-boxes are kind of broken.

Locations of plates:
- Three plates in spawn
- One plate at Mine Cart spike trap
- One plate at Mud Room spike trap
- Two plates in the Mine Cart Area
- Two plates in the Mud Room Area
- One plate in the Power Room
- Two plates in the area in between the waterfall and the power room

After activating all the plates, go to the Mine Cart, when you get there you should see a Tent like building made of sticks to the left of the Mine Cart hut.

Throw a Grenade, Semtex, or Monkey Bomb at it to destroy it, you should now be done with this step.

Step 8: Turning the Wheels

Activate the Eclipse and go to the Mud Room.

There will be four wheels you can turn with on each corner of the room, you must have the numbers 16, 1, 3, and 4 on them. Luckily each of the wheels only of one of each of these numbers, so it won't be difficult.

Dots are 1's, Solid lines are 5's, and the C shape ones are 10's.

There should be one with a dot, one with 3 dots, one with four dots, then another with a C shape, solid line, and a dot.

Make it so it turns the ones you want to the top. You should now be done with this step.

( Continued Below )

2nd on X360a's leaderboards to get 1000 on CoD:Black Ops!!
1st on X360a's leaderboards to get 1450 on CoD:Black Ops!!
1st on X360a's leaderboards to get 1405 on
Fallout: New Vegas!!

Hard work beats talent when talent stops working hard.
-Thanks to Noz for the awesome-sauce signature and avatar!!

Last edited by NewSparta; 07-10-2011 at 04:55 AM.
NewSparta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 01:28 AM   #2
NewSparta

N3wSpaRtA's Gamercard
( "Time Travel Will Tell" Continued )

Step 9: Dynamite

*You will need the upgraded 31-79 JGb215 ( The Fractalizer )

Activate the Eclipse and go the the Mine Cart Area.

You must now find a stick of dynamite.

When you enter the Mine Cart area ( after the spike trap ), you will see a broken diagonal wall, and then an orb above it, have somebody stand and look up at it.

Now you must knife four Gongs, there are eight of them. You must knife the four that make a tone that stays in the air.

The four Gongs are always random, hitting the right ones make a normal gong noise and carries on with a tone, hitting the wrong ones makes a laser noise and stops any tone that has already been in the air.

Once that is done, all the orbs should be glowing with the Treyarch symbol.

Now have somebody with the upgraded 31-79 JGb215 ( The Fractalizer ) shoot the orb thats on the top of the tower mentioned in step 2 ( Mine Cart area ).

After hitting the first orb it will bounce directly to the orb that that first player mentioned is standing under, if the player is looking up he will see a stick up Dynamite falling down from it, the player should move adjustingly to where the Dynamite seems to land ( Between the Spike Trap and Diagonal wall ).

The player should now have the Dynamite in his inventory.

Step 10: Shrinking the big Meteor

*You will need the upgraded 31-79 JGb215 ( The Fractalizer )

Activate the Eclipse and go to the bottom of the Pack-A-Punch stairs.

Knife the Gong's that light up the orbs ( same ones that make the Treyarch symbol come up ).

Now head back to the bottom of the Pack-A-Punch stairs.

Have the person with the upgraded 31-79 JGb215 ( The Fractalizer ) shoot the orb that is on top of the Mud Room that you can see from the bottom of the Pack-A-Punch stairs.

It should ding around and end shrinking the big Meteor at the top of the Pack-A-Punch.

Step 11: Finish!

Now activate the Pack-A-Punch stairs ( Top of this Guide ).

When you go up there you will notice that there is no Pack-A-Punch, instead there will be a wall, have the player with the Dynamite go up there and give it to them ( Hold on the wall ).

Now the hole will dissapear as so will the Eclipse, and you will now see the Focusing stone ( Shrunken down Big Meteor ).

Have anybody pick it up () and everybody in the game will recieve the achievement and two gamerpics ( Dempsey and Richtofen, to finish off the set you get from the
"Call Of The Dead" Easter egg )

Gamerpics:

*The player who picks it up will be granted with all seven perks and will not lose them when getting downed, or even when dead.

*If the Pack-A-Punch restarts, don't worry, you can just reactivate it and go back up there.

Last edited by NewSparta; 06-30-2011 at 11:57 AM.
Old 06-30-2011, 01:28 AM   #3
NewSparta

N3wSpaRtA's Gamercard
Blinded By the Fright-30

In Shangri-La, kill a Shrieker zombie while blinded by it.

The Sheriker is a new Zombie introduced in Shangri-La, it's fast, light blue, and wears a turban.

When it spawns it will shriek.

When encountering the Shrieker, it will do one of two things, attack you, or shriek.

The goal is for it to shriek at you, when it does there will be sound waves coming towards you, your player's vision will turn blurry, this is when you want to kill it.

It's best to kill it with a Pack-A-Punched weapon, or Raygun. Can be done with a Machine Gun on lower levels.

Zomb Disposal-30

In Shangri-La, dispose of a Napalm zombie without it harming any players.

The Napalm zombie is a new Zombie introduced in Shangri-La, it is very slow, on fire, burns up screan when a player is near, and also blows up when a player is next to it.

When it spawns you will hear a sort of burning noise.

When encountering the Napalm zombie, it will walk towards you slowly. It has a huge radius of explosion.

The best strategy for this achievement is to try to get the Napalm zombie to be the last one.

It can be done by camping at the Mine Cart until you see it, then using the Mine Cart to get to the Waterfall, go through the Waterfall tunnel until and go on until you reach the waterslide, go own the waterslide and use the geyser ahead, you will end back at the Mine Cart, except the Napalm zombie won't be there and you can kill the zombies until it comes back, then rinse and repeat.

It's best to kill it with a Pack-A-Punched weapon, or Raygun. Can be done with a Machine Gun on lower levels

TheManX/Ragnarok1986's Alternate Solo Method:
-Buy Quick Revive
-Survive until Napalm arrived
-Open door towards Mud Room
-Lead Napalm zombie towards the bridge, when the zombie is at the end of it, run to the other end ( further if you would like )
-Down self and unload "Mustang and Sally" on the Napalm zombie

*Everyone in the game will recieve this achievement upon completion.

Monkey See, Monkey Don't-5

In Shangri-La, get something from the monkeys.

The monkey is a new type of zombie introduced in Shangri-La. ( Unlike the ones in Acension )

This zombie is relatively harmless, but is very annoying as it does steal power ups.

To get this achievement you must have a zombie drop a power up, but don't grab it. You will hear monkeys coming and then they will take the power up.

When the monkey takes it, the perk will turn red and start moving where the monkey is. This is when you want to kill it.

*Everyone in the game will recieve this achievement upon completion.

Small Consolation-10

In Shangri-La, use the 31-79 JGb215 on each type of zombie.

The 31-79 JGb215 is a new weapon introduced in Shangri-La.

The 31-79 JGb215 shrinks zombies, when shrunken they are killed on impact.
When Pack-A-Punched the 31-79 JGb215 is renamed "The Fractalizer" and comes with more ammunition and the shrinks last longer.

For this achievement you must shrink a Shrieker, Napalm zombie, Normal zombie, and a Monkey that is attacking you or stealing a power-up.

*You do not have to kill any of the zombies, only use the 31-79 JGb215 on it, but you might as well.
*Monkeys that are doing nothing do not count towards this achievement.

Last edited by NewSparta; 07-21-2011 at 07:35 PM.
Old 06-30-2011, 01:29 AM   #4
NewSparta

N3wSpaRtA's Gamercard
Third Reserve!!! ( Just incase, most likely won't be using this one )

Old 06-30-2011, 01:32 AM   #5
Ragnarok1986

Ragnarok1986's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
S**t I'm not slagging the other one off but WOW. great lay out, information really well done!

Follow me on Twitter
Ragnarok1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 01:52 AM   #6
wacko3.16

wacko316's Gamercard
Dude Step 2 only has eleven slabs, the later one has 12 .....
wacko3.16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 02:58 AM   #7
SpongebobRoundpants

gamerboyTHXtss's Gamercard
Need a guide fast for the 12 plates because we are currently searching for the 12th one. Anybody find the last one??
Edit: It was between the 2 power switches!

Last edited by SpongebobRoundpants; 06-30-2011 at 03:05 AM.
SpongebobRoundpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 03:32 AM   #8
BiggD
73 Days 'Til Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
:)

May I just say, I THINK I am the first person (other than NextGenTacts, obviously) to Time Travel Will Tell. So if anyone needs help, message me BiggD83. Me and my group spent 3 hours on this but it feels good to have it out of the way
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 03:40 AM   #9
NewSparta

N3wSpaRtA's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnarok1986 View Post
S**t I'm not slagging the other one off but WOW. great lay out, information really well done!
Thanks man! Been working hard on this one :P, sorry for having not replied earliar, been working on the guide the whole time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wacko3.16 View Post
Dude Step 2 only has eleven slabs, the later one has 12 .....
Double checked, it has twelve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpongebobRoundpants View Post
Need a guide fast for the 12 plates because we are currently searching for the 12th one. Anybody find the last one??
Edit: It was between the 2 power switches!
Sorry for getting to this one late, hope you complete it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The BiggD View Post
May I just say, I THINK I am the first person (other than NextGenTacts, obviously) to Time Travel Will Tell. So if anyone needs help, message me BiggD83. Me and my group spent 3 hours on this but it feels good to have it out of the way
Congrats! Also spent three hours figuring this out last night :P

Last edited by NewSparta; 06-30-2011 at 03:43 AM.
Old 06-30-2011, 03:46 AM   #10
FarmerJay

FrmerJakMehauf's Gamercard
step 6 is actually easier to just lead the napalm zombie through the spikemores after step 5. just reactivate the eclipse and continue leading him through the mine. he will walk through all 4 spikemores without dying. makes it easier than keeping a bunch of crawlers, and you can do it in the same wave.
FarmerJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 03:58 AM   #11
NewSparta

N3wSpaRtA's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerJay View Post
step 6 is actually easier to just lead the napalm zombie through the spikemores after step 5. just reactivate the eclipse and continue leading him through the mine. he will walk through all 4 spikemores without dying. makes it easier than keeping a bunch of crawlers, and you can do it in the same wave.
Thanks! Will add into guide :]

Old 06-30-2011, 04:05 AM   #12
SpongebobRoundpants

I finally got the easter egg achievement!!!! Took over 4 hours the whole game with about 25 tries!!
Old 06-30-2011, 04:07 AM   #13
NewSparta

N3wSpaRtA's Gamercard
Quote:
I finally got the easter egg achievement!!!! Took over 4 hours the whole game with about 25 tries!!
Congrats! Hope you enjoy the new GamerPics :P

Old 06-30-2011, 04:17 AM   #14
SpongebobRoundpants

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewSparta View Post
Congrats! Hope you enjoy the new GamerPics :P
Thanks a lot!! Thanks for the guide too!! Now I just have to get the "Small Consolation" achievement.

Last edited by SpongebobRoundpants; 06-30-2011 at 04:21 AM.
Old 06-30-2011, 04:37 AM   #15
NewSparta

N3wSpaRtA's Gamercard
Quote:
Thanks a lot!! Thanks for the guide too!! Now I just have to get the "Small Consolation" achievement.
Thanks for using it! Good luck on your last achievement :3

Old 06-30-2011, 04:43 AM   #16
BiggD
73 Days 'Til Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewSparta View Post
Thanks man! Been working hard on this one :P, sorry for having not replied earliar, been working on the guide the whole time!

Double checked, it has twelve.

Sorry for getting to this one late, hope you complete it!

Congrats! Also spent three hours figuring this out last night :P
Thanks man This guide, as well as NextGenTactics videos helped a tremendous amount, Great work and trust me, I did not expect it to take this long -__- Hopefully next Zombie Map is EVEN harder, I love a challanging Easter Egg...with a guide of course
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 05:49 AM   #17
KFZ Scrubs

KFZ Nobody's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 10,000 posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
ughhh, so lame. Got halfway through before one of the people lagged out

KFZ Scrubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 06:35 AM   #18
SpongebobRoundpants

Pretty sure there are 5 plates in the spawn, 3 underground, 2 mudpit area and 2 at the mine cart area for a total of 12.

There's one between the power switch underground don't miss that one!

Last edited by SpongebobRoundpants; 06-30-2011 at 07:01 AM.
Old 06-30-2011, 09:26 AM   #19
NewSparta

N3wSpaRtA's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by KFZ Scrubs View Post
Damn that sucks, that's probably the most fraustrating part of the Easter Egg, it's harder to stay connected lol.

Old 06-30-2011, 10:08 AM   #20
Ragnarok1986

Ragnarok1986's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by KFZ Scrubs View Post
Had this issue 2 times they need to make it so the person who lags ou can jump back in.

Follow me on Twitter
Old 06-30-2011, 03:08 PM   #21
redsmoke7

redSmoke7's Gamercard
jeez this easter egg looks intense!!!
Old 06-30-2011, 04:27 PM   #22
Ragnarok1986

Ragnarok1986's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsmoke7 View Post
jeez this easter egg looks intense!!!
Get ready for the next one!

Follow me on Twitter
Old 06-30-2011, 04:42 PM   #23
Jlzrd

Jlzrd's Gamercard
I didn't have to use your guide but it's really nicely explained. Good stuff.

I got the achievement with a bunch of guys about an hour ago. Had some really close encounters, especially right at the end when we just ran out of time to hand over the dynamite and then the round ended. Considering it was round 16 there were a fair few zombies on the way and I was nervous as Hell. Managed it though, was such a relief to see that 75G pop up!

Jlzrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 06:02 PM   #24
Predni

rasterloda's Gamercard
One Question to Timetravel, needs realy 4 Player online or get this in 2 Player offline Splitscreen?
Predni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 06:12 PM   #25
KFZ Scrubs

KFZ Nobody's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 10,000 posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predni View Post
One Question to Timetravel, needs realy 4 Player online or get this in 2 Player offline Splitscreen?
You'll need 4 players i'm pretty sure... because you'll need to make it an eclipse for each step and that requires 4 people.

KFZ Scrubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 07:56 PM   #26
Jlzrd

Jlzrd's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predni View Post
Guaranteed to need four players. I originally thought two people could hit the four buttons really quick to begin the eclipse but it's not possible, the buttons reset before you get to them.

Jlzrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 09:12 PM   #27
Predni

rasterloda's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlzrd View Post
Guaranteed to need four players. I originally thought two people could hit the four buttons really quick to begin the eclipse but it's not possible, the buttons reset before you get to them.
this suck

2 (offline) people = ok

4+ (online) people = i hate suchlike? Achievements............

Why Activision? Everybody HATE suchlike? Achievements...
Predni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 09:28 PM   #28
Trickster008

ITrickster008I's Gamercard
Time Travel Will Tell Video Guide
All parts in one video with confusing parts clearly explained.
Trickster008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 12:27 AM   #29
NewSparta

N3wSpaRtA's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trickster008 View Post
Time Travel Will Tell Video Guide
All parts in one video with confusing parts clearly explained.
YouTube - ‪Call of Duty Black ops - Time Travel Will Tell Achievement‬‏
Nice video! Is there anyway you could split all the parts up into different videos? I ask this so I could have a video for every step. You could just cut up that video into ?? parts xD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlzrd View Post
I didn't have to use your guide but it's really nicely explained. Good stuff.

I got the achievement with a bunch of guys about an hour ago. Had some really close encounters, especially right at the end when we just ran out of time to hand over the dynamite and then the round ended. Considering it was round 16 there were a fair few zombies on the way and I was nervous as Hell. Managed it though, was such a relief to see that 75G pop up!
Congrats!

Old 07-03-2011, 02:32 AM   #30
ZeratulX829

XNikLacX's Gamercard
One of my old friends just got some achievements using this thread. I highly recommend it
ZeratulX829 is offline   Reply With Quote