PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Music and Rhythm > Rock Band 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-30-2011, 09:48 PM   #1
LeglessMoof

Send a message via AIM to LeglessMoof

LeglessMoof's Gamercard
"Triple Awesome... Usually" Vocal Harmony Goal

Triple Awesome... Usually
Earn a Triple Awesome rating on at least 90% of the Vocal Harmony phrases in the following songs:
* Misery Business
* Get Up, Stand Up
* Radar Love
* Don't Stand So Close To Me

This goal does NOT have any Gamerscore associated with it. All you get for unlocking it is 1.3 million fans.

Download here:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GOEQ0XDS
  • Play on Medium difficultly.
  • You need 3 microphones.
  • You need a computer with real speakers, or good headphones. Laptop speakers won't work.
  • Check the audio settings on your computer, make sure 3D Sound is disabled.
  • You will need to sing the Blue vocal part. These files contain the Brown and Orange vocal parts, but only for Triple Awesome phrases! You only need to hit the Triple Awesome phrases to get this goal, so I didn't bother singing any Brown or Orange parts that are part of a Single or Double Awesome phrase.
  • I sang the first Blue phrase at the beginning of each song, to assist in syncing these files with the game.

Also, is anyone out there interested in working towards the "Always Double Awesome" and "Every Triple Awesome" goals? That basically means creating harmony files (like the ones above) for every song in the game, which is a lot of work. But if we got several people who were interested, and we each did like 10 songs, that would be a lot easier.
250 -- Rock Band Track Pack 2, Rock Band AC/DC Track Pack

Working On -- Guitar Hero II, Guitar Hero Smash Hits, Guitar Hero Van Halen, Lego Rock Band, NFL Blitz, Rock Band Classic Rock Track Pack, Rock Band 3

Last edited by LeglessMoof; 07-02-2011 at 03:40 AM.
LeglessMoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 12:59 AM   #2
Coma White CPW

Coma White CPW's Gamercard
Nice work, excited to try this out. I would be interested in doing the multiple harmony ones, although wouldn't really know where to start. I have 5 starred all songs on expert vocals, but harmonies are a different story.
Coma White CPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 03:53 AM   #3
LeglessMoof

LeglessMoof's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coma White CPW View Post
Nice work, excited to try this out. I would be interested in doing the multiple harmony ones, although wouldn't really know where to start. I have 5 starred all songs on expert vocals, but harmonies are a different story.
Practice mode for vocals allows you to turn on a "guide pitch" which is really helpful for learning the harmonies. Practice the song until you can hit all the harmony phrases 100%. If you've already 5-starred all songs on Expert vocals, learning the harmonies probably won't be difficult for you, especially with the guide pitch.

Then, to record the harmony files, take one of your Rock Band mics and plug it into your computer, and use a free program called Audacity to record. Then play the song (in practice mode if you want) and sing in to both microphones. One microphone will go to the game, and the other microphone will record on your computer. Make sure you hit 100% of the harmony parts on that run of the song, then save the file on your computer.

If the song has 2 harmony parts (Brown + Orange), you'll have to repeat the above for the second harmony part. You can combine both recordings in Audacity so that one of them plays out of the left speaker and the other one plays out of the right speaker.

Working On -- Guitar Hero II, Guitar Hero Smash Hits, Guitar Hero Van Halen, Lego Rock Band, NFL Blitz, Rock Band Classic Rock Track Pack, Rock Band 3
Old 07-07-2011, 06:28 PM   #4
squodge

squodge4's Gamercard
I joined this forum (despite being a PS3 user) basically to say a thank-you for highlighting what practice mode for vocals allows you to do

I'll have to record my vocals to something like an mp3 player, as I don't have a laptop (my desktop isn't in the same room as my PS3). If I ever get round to doing that Bohemian Rhapsody trophy, it'll be worth putting up vocal mp3's that can get 100% each time, assuming my singing doesn't upset anyone!
squodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 06:35 PM   #5
LeglessMoof

LeglessMoof's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by squodge View Post
I joined this forum (despite being a PS3 user) basically to say a thank-you for highlighting what practice mode for vocals allows you to do

I'll have to record my vocals to something like an mp3 player, as I don't have a laptop (my desktop isn't in the same room as my PS3). If I ever get round to doing that Bohemian Rhapsody trophy, it'll be worth putting up vocal mp3's that can get 100% each time, assuming my singing doesn't upset anyone!
Here are vocal MP3's for Bohemian Rhapsody, for all 3 vocal parts:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SPOIMJDU

Old 07-10-2011, 02:18 AM   #6
Coma White CPW

Coma White CPW's Gamercard
Finally got around to trying this out over the weekend. After switching computers, speaker sets, and microphones, I finally found a set up that would fully register every phrase. Was having trouble with the brown lines, but got it worked out. Anyway, thank you so much for taking the time to put these out there. Got my goal in about 45 minutes, had to retry a few of them due to missed blue phrases (haven't warmed up the vox in a while). Again, a big thank you!

Edit: Also, for those attempting this, be prepared to hit 100% of vocal harmonies, not just 90%. The description is misleading, or I was doing something incorrectly. I was hitting 17 of 18 phrases in "Get Up, Stand Up" which equals 94% of phrases, and it keep telling me I was making no progress towards the goal.

Last edited by Coma White CPW; 07-10-2011 at 02:24 AM. Reason: typo
Coma White CPW is offline   Reply With Quote