PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > LEGO Indiana Jones 2: The Adventure Continues
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-19-2009, 05:29 PM   #1
Punk Vader

Game Locking Up

Been playing on Crystal Skull Part 3 hub and there is a puzzle that involves a timer of sorts. You hit a skull and the timer starts as the camera pans around showing you 5 more skulls that must be hit. My Xbox completely locks up everytime I do this puzzle. My only option is to shut off the Xbox and restart, only for it to happen again. Any ideas or similar situations?

It happened once before in a different area - still Part 3 in the hub. Crashed right after finishing a bonus level as my coins were being counted. Got credit for the bonus level, but not the coins. Played yesterday and everything seemed okay, although wasn't playing on this hub yet. Only thing that has changed is installed Zune and Last.fm.
Punk Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 05:51 PM   #2
Kellwolf9E

Send a message via AIM to Kellwolf9E

KellwolfB6's Gamercard
I was having issues with the game locking up in the Raiders hub. I did the HD install, and things are fine now. Had the same problem with Lego Star Wars. I think my Xbox just doesn't like Lego games.

Although, this morning I was playing with the 4 year old. Turned my back for a second and he overwrote the save game. I wanted to cry.....
Kellwolf9E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 09:00 PM   #3
Punk Vader

Thanks. I'll give that a try, installing to the HD. Not a fan of doing so, put even less of a fan of crashing games.

My 5-year old has deleted many a save games. Thankfully, they were all under her GamerTag and not mine.
Old 11-19-2009, 09:02 PM   #4
Punk Vader

Nope, didn't help. Something wrong with hub 3. Locking up in different spots now. Will try different episodes and see what happens.
Old 11-20-2009, 12:39 AM   #5
brklyn

I had the game freeze on me about 15 times on the raiders of the lost ark level,but not on any other levels.I tried the hdd install too,but it didn't help.
brklyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 06:50 PM   #6
ponypo2001

ponypo2001's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
It's a long shot but there's 2 things you could try.Don't get your hopes up either will work but I don't know what the variable is that's causing crashes.

First you can try to remove the update and play without it.I noticed this update on startup and I've no idea what it's for.It has been known for updates to break something further down the line.

Other thing to try is copy your save data to a mem card and try it on another xbox.

Neither is brilliant I know but they are at least a couple of things you could try.Hope something works out for you.

ponypo2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 11:41 PM   #7
mafafu888

mafafu888's Gamercard
Mine has locked up 3 times so far. (I am at about 35% complete)
mafafu888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 04:29 AM   #8
skiscaraudio

BADGUYSKI's Gamercard
i don't remeber a lego that did'nt lock up!
skiscaraudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 11:25 PM   #9
lil d 916

LIL D 916's Gamercard
2nd level mine locked up on me had to shut my box off
lil d 916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 12:32 AM   #10
MarioToo

MarioToo's Gamercard
to punk vader: i'm not sure why you are having probs like this, but it seriously sounds like your save filemay be glitched. i mean, first the extra chest in hub 1, and now it's locking up? may also be the disc itself. i dunno. hopefully not the system getting ready to RROD on you, but the only time i ever had any probs like this was a couple years ago when i got the red rings.

on a side note, unrelated, about kids and save games:
that sucks. i remember a few years back, it was the legend of zelda: wind waker. my then 5 yr old daughter, who just loved to go in and "run around" hyrule, decided to save her game one evening. she overwrote my game. i was just about at the part where you go in and fight ganondorf for the final time.it took me two years to play the game again and finally beat it. i just couldn't start a new game for that long cuz i couldn't bring my self to go through it again.. lol. anyway, long story, but i guess all i'm really trying to say is i feel you on that.
MarioToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 05:09 AM   #11
ponypo2001

ponypo2001's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Well I can now join the club.Crystal Skull hub 3 is a crashfest.First time a LEGO game has ever froze on me.I just lost like 30 mins worth of exploration in the hub so I'm not impressed.Installed to HD from day 1 too.Grrrrrrr

ponypo2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 09:14 AM   #12
CrustyDirtDemon

CrustyDirtDemon's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I have the 1K in this game, and yes it did freeze for me, but only on the skull hubs 2/3. No other hub froze on me. The only option you have when it freezes is to restart your console...Unfortunately...It must of frozen five times in a row in the area that punk vader is referring to, all I did was kept trying and finally it didn’t freeze and I got an auto save...

ALSO make sure that you all are INSTALLING GAME TO HARDRIVE, this will not completely prevent it from freezing, but it should definitely cut down on the frequency of freezing...

Like an above poster said, "when has a Lego game not froze" and this is true at least for me, every Lego game I have played has at least frozen once or twice through out the 1K. This one however has frozen the most, but at least it’s only on those two skull hubs...
Old 11-26-2009, 05:12 PM   #13
chewie314

chewie314's Gamercard
Hey guys, just wanted to throw this in there.

Had the game lock up on me about a dozen times also, and noticed after a while it was only happening when the xbox had been on for a while. Once I shut down and let it cool off over night or for an hour or so things were fine. This is the only game I have had this particular problem with, so I don't know if its a combination of glitch and heat, or glitch and duration, but give it a shot and see if it helps.
chewie314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 07:41 PM   #14
hoochli

Hooch Lee's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Same here..

it locked once in Hub 1 during a race and now it locked about 8 times in Hub 3 in different locations. I installed the game from the beginning and it locked after the 360 was running for about 2 minutes.
hoochli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 09:25 PM   #15
Kellwolf9E

Send a message via AIM to Kellwolf9E

KellwolfB6's Gamercard
For the record, installing to the HD doesn't solve the issue. I've heard turning off v-sync in the options menu might help, but it was still freezing on me. Like most, it was on Skull hub 2+3. I played for 4 hours last night (hey, when you're THAT close to getting the 1000 knocked out, might as well do it), and it didn't freeze up playing in Skull 1, Skull 2 or Quickplay.
Kellwolf9E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 03:10 AM   #16
RobbiWanKenobi

RobbiWanKenobi's Gamercard
Yeah, not only has it froze on me three times (Skull Hub 2 & 3) but been playing with a double image that goes in and out depending on what I do and where I move in the game... I'd break the thing in half if it wasn't so much fun.
RobbiWanKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 10:03 AM   #17
96skyline

Boost King's Gamercard
I also crashed 3 times on the same Level. I just reloaded it and it worked. It was 3 different unique crashes, not all in the same spot.
96skyline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 09:19 PM   #18
VeRTiGo9191

vertigo9191's Gamercard
I just installed it to the HDD, and it never locked up anymore after that. Call it beginners luck, but also call it very frustrating!
VeRTiGo9191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 12:02 AM   #19
AceHii

Send a message via Yahoo to AceHii

Acehii's Gamercard
Corrupt Save

My game froze on Hub 2. I beat hub 2, then went right back there to get the last Chest, and as soon as I got it locked up. I waited about ten min, or so and then shut my Xbox off. I started it up about 20mins later, and my save was corrupt. My game was installed, so I think I'm done with the game.
AceHii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 02:51 AM   #20
Denver N Michelle

mines locked up alot aswell im returning it tomorrow get my money back
Denver N Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 04:54 PM   #21
maxxmisery

maxxmisery's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiscaraudio View Post
i don't remeber a lego that did'nt lock up!
Sorry for the is a necrobump, but I am having this same issue and wonder if it's just the Lego games in general?

I know they have all frozen up on me at one point or another, but IJ2 seems to be worse than the others. I hasn't affected my saves (yet) but it's annoying as hell to have it freeze up.

Sorry for the rant, on an old thread at that, but this is bothering me.